skillfulstone

Please Save The Hunters Before They Are Gone...

I'm starting to see a pattern in almost all my games as an NH...(I've been playing on the xbox one since day 1 and I know pretty much everything about BTZ mode thanks to Dr purrington's videos, this forum and my personal training, I actually give some tips to new players who just started the game.) Some of my online friends who play has an NH are living this regulary

Step 1: Since there is no option to choose my game like on PS4 and PC, I have to wait an average 3-5 minutes to even try to join a game     (1 time out of 3 either they abort immediatly or the joining fails). How in the world did the devs not implement actual matchmaking on the Xbox one version?!

Step 2: I eventually invade a game and I start 2 km away from the survivors, but since they are very strong and can hold their own in the game, they are often already separated and I sometime spawned extremly close to 1 or 2 survivor, getting attacked/UVed in a matter of 20-40 seconds in, or worse, in a few instances a nest actually spawned near one of them.

Step 3: Since I can't choose my game I end up against 2-4 endgame players who most likely, duped so they got legend rank maxed in record time. and abuse the few bugs that came with some updates. (Ex: new weapons that can OHK nests/NH, somehow sometime dodging tackle in mid-air etc...)

Step 4: Since they can see me at all times and I'm actually the one being chased around the map, I use the only attack that has more range than their melee attacks: groundpound to give me space before dropping a spit at my feet and then Spider-man my way out of their reach. Most of the time, this tactic earns me a few sighs and the occasional complaint/insult over the mic/message for...reasons?

Step 5: the games goes on and I get the occasional lucky kill because they got careless (Ex: a Horde spit that actually worked because the guy thought that he could outrun the Horde with his potions/somehow surviving an impact with an exploding zombie, a lucky pounce because the guy thought I was too scared to swing my way back to a roof I just left while he had his back turned etc...) Most of these kills rewards me with a text that says "bs" or something along those lines...

Step 6: Usually by the end they still have 3-6 lives left and they are on my last nest. So I leave my principles aside and I use the GP more often (GP + Jump + Spit + GP... sometime a tackles if they are in falling off something because of a GP) to keep them occupied elsewhere than my nests. I know I CANNOT die now or I lose since 1 death=1 nest. Even when I kill a guy he come back 20 seconds later since humans respawn faster and far closer to nests than Night Hunters.

Last step: 4 times out of 5 they manage to either kill me or chase me away with 2 persons while the rest destroy the nest. They obviously win (since I'm now too weak/far away/waiting an eternity to respawn...1 km away).

But losing is not the thing that bothers me since I know my chances were slim to begin with. The thing that bothers me is that after most matches, not only do I discover that at least one of them had the "Avoid me" or "needs work" reputation, but I end up with 3-4 messages saying things like "ground pound spammer" "exploiting groundpound+tackle off the roof" or "reported you" etc... I don't answer because there is no point.

Point is: either implement real matchmaking or improve the mode more because even if we lose the game, we also lose reputation for nothing and some Hunters can't play anymore because they got unjustifyably reported many times. Real matchmaking would enable us to play with people we know won't insult or report us, thus making new online friends, thus making BTZ more enjoyable. I know that it takes time and costs money to get people to work on the game/online functions and it may take a while. But I know there is less and less NH out there. As a human I'm getting almost no invasions because most hunters are bored and/or have a bad Rep because survivors reported them (and before you say this, I have a good Reputation online, it's not the reason people don't join). I love this game and this mode even though it's broken. I don't want this game mode to die because endgame players can't handle Hunters having to use the same attack often to have a chance to kill them...  

I agree, kind of bad that NH's have only 1 offense weapon: GP.

But a lot of NH's already left. When Dying Light first came out, dude, I swear I would be invaded like, every 3rd night(And that's what my settings was on). Now, you still get invaded but not too often because 50% of the NH's go to single player to make their ALREADY OP humans to get even more OP with the legend levels n chupacabra. Like bro, Humans were already dogging NH's before the legend ranks came, now they just make them even stronger and give the NH's only patches?!

But yes, I am one of the many NH's that already left.

"Ground Pound Spammer" is always an interesting insult.

Do what I do - screenshot a picture of their 20-30 thrown Flares and say, "Had to get rid of these somehow."

Doesn't it depend on how long the match is? I can hardly believe someone would complain about a survivor throw 20-30 flares in less 15 min ( 2 a minute, 1 each 30 seconds) Imo that isnt even much.. (15min is my average match) I have games I HAve to throw 300 flares (and people still complain about me 'spamming' them.. (Its a match that is about 60-90min) (No duplicate, I scavenge a LOT and find quite a lot of flares in chest that got dropped) thats 5 a minute, 1 each 12 seconds. How long are matches you play when people think 20-30 flares a lot? (I can also hardly believe those games are less then 15min...)

EDIT: Ground Pound spamming aint an excuse to get rid of EVERY single flare that gets thrown, it never, ever has been that way... so, It aint Neccesary to spam it, Tho, I do think that people find Hunters spam ground pound way too quick (like 2 Ground Pounds in a row = spam for some players...)

I have matches as a hunter of 20min average and have like 80 Ground Pounds (and tackles).. thats 4 a minute, thats 1 every 15 seconds, just imagin someone Ground pound just once every 15 seconds (and tackle in that time too) yet, people see my end game stats, and send me a message that Im spamming, just cuz 80 in 20 minutes seems a lot for some people..

Yes, I do have some situations I have to Ground Pound them 3x in less then 7 seconds, cuz I Ground Pound them off a roof, then they grappling hook back up, I Ground Pound them again, and they do the same thing, I have to Ground Pound them off the roof(AGAIN) and sometimes they even grappling hook back up again as their cooldown just recharged far enough for a 3rd repeat.. then.. (IF they arent dead yet) I will tackle/pounce + spit combo for a bit to make it up with my previous Ground Pound 'spam', UV heal seems to do wonders too.. (though most hunters of mutation 3 dont even use it and say its useless and most dont even bother going all the way to mutation 3) get hit 1x, or 2 (depends what weapon) UV heal, and jump back, or just relax on a building somewhere close to the survivor, out of his throwing 2handed weapon range, sit back and relax till he wasted all of his UV Light on you.. when he runs dry, UV heal, Aerial Ground Pound right above him and pounce.. simple..... Hunters die out because their lack of skill or due the lack of network latency.. I'd say: Get used to it (getting hit while 20meters high in the air, lack of network latency) and play vs friends to practise.. (Imo the hunter isnt underpowered as some people still claim) Just plan ahead scedule and keep in mind the delay.. you ground pound, they get hit like 2 sec later, now you know theres a 2 sec delay, plan 2 sec ahead, and you should be ok.. adapt to the lack, and make use of it.. dont give up on the hunter, he doesnt deserve to get exterminated! :P

-NOTE: this post may be changed due typos

Edited by Sniper BLM

That appens to me too. People like Justin Bieber (RQuits) and alkY are calling me noob, "f...ing spammer" and use other immoral offenses during match because i use tackle very often. But what else  can i do? Spits aren't that easy to hit and if i'm out of them, there is only risky GP and  not that risky tackle (if somebody thinks that claw is usefull, he's insane, it's only good when survivor have 10% of health or to shove survivor away from lamp or rail), it's a whole two moves to execute. No wonder that people are calling us spammers as we have nothing else to do.

Just plan ahead scedule and keep in mind the delay.. you ground pound, they get hit like 2 sec later, now you know theres a 2 sec delay, plan 2 sec ahead, and you should be ok..

Well ok, but enlighten me how it is possible that survivors are dodging tackle after GP. I GP a human and he dodges tackle, he couldn't reach ground first due to latence, right?

That appens to me too. People like Justin Bieber (RQuits) and alkY are calling me noob, "f...ing spammer" and use other immoral offenses during match because i use tackle very often. But what else can i do? Spits aren't that easy to hit and if i'm out of them, there is only risky GP and not that risky tackle (if somebody thinks that claw is usefull, he's insane, it's only good when survivor have 10% of health or to shove survivor away from lamp or rail), it's a whole two moves to execute. No wonder that people are calling us spammers as we have nothing else to do.

Well ok, but enlighten me how it is possible that survivors are dodging tackle after GP. I GP a human and he dodges tackle, he couldn't reach ground first due to latence, right?

Regarding the 'Spit aren't easy to hit', -Spit > pounce = garanteed hit :)

You mean that survivors can dodge a tackle after you GP'd him/them off a roof? I cant answer this as in some situations survivors seems (not) to be able to dodge it mid-air, I dont think its latence tbh, maybe the height? 9/10 times I GP them off a roof followed by a tackle they seem to always be able to dodge this.. but from a higher height (Aka a high tower on Old Town or the highest building in slums) they never can.. I'd say its due the height.. I stopped making a big deal out of it and tried to use and try some tactics like GP straight after a missed tackle/pounce (even if its mid-air) or just pounce them after a mid-air dodge on my tackle... either way.. try our some combos and different time to tackle instead of straight after the GP..

EDIT: If you mean just on ground level, GP and straight tackle after (not off a roof) then its latence.. since the height isnt that high anyway they could reach the ground earlier then you can see..

As for the claws: I must be insane then.. I use my claws like I use my Military Machete as Survivor: Slay 'n pray, I use my claws quite often in 1v1s and 1v2s eventhough they have full health,

I hope you play on Xbox One, I really do, cuz then you could practise on me (I wont fight back, just dodging tackles/Gps and interrupt pounce and all) I can also demonstrate how to fight quite agressive... Im such an agressive hunter I come back and fight with barrely 1/20 of my energy left, keep pressuring them and they may panic, I had lots of time I catched survivors by complete suprise as I suddenly come GP them sky high out of no-where with basicly no energy left while they just drained down.. my friends recommend to escape with a small amount of energy left then use UV heal, I just use it in front of them in case neccesary :P

Edited by Sniper BLM

Jeez, the entire BtZ thread has died down so much. And judging by my most recent sessions online, The Following was a complete let down for the night hunter. Add to this an annoying balancing system and you have no need to try/worry as the survivor. And yes, the hunter does get handicapped via slower spit regeneration and an even longer and more infuriating respawn time.

This is what made me stop regularly playing as a NH. And ultimately the entire franchise became less interesting over time. A team of dedicated developers should be organised exclusively for the BtZ mode as I feel, and I'm sure others do to, that Techland did a bang up job thus far. If new modes, classes, upgrades and kill scenarios are added BtZ will feel fresh and exciting again. I get tired running around at night waiting for a real fight. BtZ needs some fixing, while the hunter needs something along the lines of The Following. Or at least SOMETHING to bring back the majority of gamers who play online because at the moment I can't find many games to invade or find a decent hunter who won't rage quit because I can predict his moves, as I mostly played as NH, and so gets boring for both parties included.

When I saw the 2 NH in one lobby video I was so keen to play again even knowing there was almost no chance of me doing the same. Yeah the games been patched to a point where it's doing its job correctly but that won't keep gamers coming back for more, DLC focused on the multiplayer aspect is needed in order to save the hunter as well as bring back other less dedicated gamers as that all who's left.

Jeez, the entire BtZ thread has died down so much. And judging by my most recent sessions online, The Following was a complete let down for the night hunter. Add to this an annoying balancing system and you have no need to try/worry as the survivor. And yes, the hunter does get handicapped via slower spit regeneration and an even longer and more infuriating respawn time.

This is what made me stop regularly playing as a NH. And ultimately the entire franchise became less interesting over time. A team of dedicated developers should be organised exclusively for the BtZ mode as I feel, and I'm sure others do to, that Techland did a bang up job thus far. If new modes, classes, upgrades and kill scenarios are added BtZ will feel fresh and exciting again. I get tired running around at night waiting for a real fight. BtZ needs some fixing, while the hunter needs something along the lines of The Following. Or at least SOMETHING to bring back the majority of gamers who play online because at the moment I can't find many games to invade or find a decent hunter who won't rage quit because I can predict his moves, as I mostly played as NH, and so gets boring for both parties included.

When I saw the 2 NH in one lobby video I was so keen to play again even knowing there was almost no chance of me doing the same. Yeah the games been patched to a point where it's doing its job correctly but that won't keep gamers coming back for more, DLC focused on the multiplayer aspect is needed in order to save the hunter as well as bring back other less dedicated gamers as that all who's left.

I Agree, nothing to add

Jeez, the entire BtZ thread has died down so much. And judging by my most recent sessions online, The Following was a complete let down for the night hunter.

:huh: Gotta disagree here, the Following is amazing for the NH. One side makes it ridiculously easy to defend Nests aside from the 1-2 forest locations (where Horde is a death sentence), and opposite side has the mountains and cliffs that make for super-easy OHKO Tackles.

Just like the Slums/Old Town, it takes a while to learn the map and know where to go/defend from at every nest.

I can hardly believe someone would complain about a survivor throw 20-30 flares in less 15 min ( 2 a minute, 1 each 30 seconds) Imo that isnt even much.. (15min is my average match) I have games I HAve to throw 300 flares (and people still complain about me 'spamming' them.. (Its a match that is about 60-90min)

I have matches as a hunter of 20min average and have like 80 Ground Pounds (and tackles).. thats 4 a minute, thats 1 every 15 seconds, just imagin someone Ground pound just once every 15 seconds (and tackle in that time too) yet, people see my end game stats, and send me a message that Im spamming, just cuz 80 in 20 minutes seems a lot for some people..

Damn Snipe, I don't think I've ever had a match go to 90 minutes! Longest was a little over an hour, and that's because the guy was hiding in the Tower and I needed to pretend to be AFK until he came out.

80 GPs in 20 minutes kind of is a lot, even coming from a fellow Night Hunter. 15-20 minutes is about how long my games usually end up being (an average, anyway), and depending on the time I usually end up with 20-30. Sometimes as low as 16-ish, sometimes around 25 if the match is well over 20 minutes.

Actually, 80 in 20 Minutes is mathematically odd. If it takes 4 to kill a Human and you hit 80 times, that's 20 deaths worth of GP's! I don't think I'd even have time to do that, even when I get a moment of reprieve and GP the person's car over and over for free EXP.

TL;DR: Them's some long matches, Snipe. :o

YOU may enjoy The Following but many hunters do not. For the simple reason that without many buildings, GP which is our main move, is much easier to spam dodge with nothing around to stop you.

An example: a human is running in an ally towards your nest, he is limited by two directions rendering dodge rather useless, and buildings blocking his friends from fly kicking me in the face..

Many will spam dodge until their friends arrive. Then I just spit and tackle to keep him there. Which i now see okes complaining about as bugs that need to be fixed. The fact that 90% of tackles get blocked means i need to use that scenario to my advantage. Otherwise im a just prey.

The nests are better with goons sure but i feel we should be implementing offence while survivors are running to the nest while divided, and defence when they are all by the nest. Everything goes down at the nests in The Following.

Meaning that a map with few buildings has dramatically DECREASED my chances as a NH of winning in so many ways. I cant be sooo chuffed that my nests are now more ideally placed as they shouldnt even be there.

That's actually the main problem for me in the following.

Since there aren't much cover in the fields I can't really put out much offense leaving me having to defense at my nest.

Which wouldn't be such a bad tactic but considering how they are all going to be there with their buddies all geared up you're at a huge disadvantage.

Damn Snipe, I don't think I've ever had a match go to 90 minutes! Longest was a little over an hour, and that's because the guy was hiding in the Tower and I needed to pretend to be AFK until he came out.

80 GPs in 20 minutes kind of is a lot, even coming from a fellow Night Hunter. 15-20 minutes is about how long my games usually end up being (an average, anyway), and depending on the time I usually end up with 20-30. Sometimes as low as 16-ish, sometimes around 25 if the match is well over 20 minutes.

Actually, 80 in 20 Minutes is mathematically odd. If it takes 4 to kill a Human and you hit 80 times, that's 20 deaths worth of GP's! I don't think I'd even have time to do that, even when I get a moment of reprieve and GP the person's car over and over for free EXP.

TL;DR: Them's some long matches, Snipe. :o

Ive 1 thing to say... I aint that accurate and they use med kits.. (not even need to be insta-heals) and it doesnt take 4 GPs to kill them? A GP does 55 damage.. I fight lvl 250 legendary a lot... that makes it 6 ground pounds a kill (they got 275 health). and thats when I dont die or they dont use med kits (I die and they use med kits..........)

EDIT: I know 275÷55 = 5, but when Ive to retreat (for a second) or miss a GP when I need just 1 more GP they heal that 1 health that makes it 6.. Lol

Edited by Sniper BLM

YOU may enjoy The Following but many hunters do not. For the simple reason that without many buildings, GP which is our main move, is much easier to spam dodge with nothing around to stop you.

An example: a human is running in an ally towards your nest, he is limited by two directions rendering dodge rather useless, and buildings blocking his friends from fly kicking me in the face..

Many will spam dodge until their friends arrive. Then I just spit and tackle to keep him there. Which i now see okes complaining about as bugs that need to be fixed. The fact that 90% of tackles get blocked means i need to use that scenario to my advantage. Otherwise im a just prey.

The nests are better with goons sure but i feel we should be implementing offence while survivors are running to the nest while divided, and defence when they are all by the nest. Everything goes down at the nests in The Following.

Meaning that a map with few buildings has dramatically DECREASED my chances as a NH of winning in so many ways. I cant be sooo chuffed that my nests are now more ideally placed as they shouldnt even be there.

I can see where you're coming from, but think about it this way:

• Less buildings? Less DFAs. I so rarely get DFA'd in the Countryside because there simply aren't that many places for it to happen.
  • Big, open areas? Perfect for the Horde Spit!
  • The idea that Humans will naturally spam Dodge backward to avoid your GP is one of the Hunter's best mind-games. Run in with the UV Block, lift up your arms for a GP, then wait until they Dodge backwards to cancel the GP and slap a Horde Spit on them. Can't Dodge while Dodging, and a backward Dodge is the best time to fire a sure-stick Spit.

In the Countryside, never just wait at the Nests. If Humans aren't using buggies, you can attack them and die, if needed, 2-3 times before they even get close to the Nest. Hunters have infinite lives, and you should never be afraid to die a few times to get a feel for the opponent, especially at the beginning of a match.

Buggies are easy to Spit. Just hit'em with Horde Spit and then Grapple to keep them distracted.

Who are you talking to bro? The noobs? Or are you just reiterating what I said in the 4th paragraph of my last post? I don't wait at nests, that's foolish. I attack them on their way to the nests, doing so however is much more difficult now when they have an entire open field. Solid objects are crucial for a successful GP, without them the survivor may easily dodge in any direction he chooses, and when unsuccesful become easy prey for his friends who have very few zombies or obstacles slowing them down.

DFA is a joke, it's a unblockable insta kill, given to a party with so many tools in which have the capacity to make it possible to hunt the hunter..I hardly ever get DFA anymore because now the rooftop belongs to the hunter once again. By this I mean that with survivors being unable to dodge tackles mid air they now understand that going on a rooftop is asking for a GP - mid air tackle combo. This has made the game a lot more playable as a hunter as during 1v4 I would spend valuable time trying to get a single survivor off a rooftop as GP just wont accomplish this alone. And I can't waste my time trying to get him off there while his friends destroy my nest.

I stopped using horde after I realised that most of my zombies never seemed to pitch up, and will never touch a freely moving survivor, to spit horde then spam tackle continuously is boring but seems to be the only way of making horde truly effective in The Following. You can't rely on horde alone as much due to the fact that there are few obstacles or zombies making it not so much of a stress avoiding the horde or the hunter. It's difficult to avoid objects, zombies, horde and hunter. In The Following its just horde and hunter, and survivors are then pleased to find obstacles. Those obstacles would slow and thus ultimately weaken the hordes mobility but those environmental factors would also slow down any of his friends trying to keep me off my 'marked' target.

And on your third point..good advice bro!! My spit aim is really bad, and when I'm busy destroying them my regen rate is crippling. But I will definitely add this to my must do moves. However this thread is becoming side tracked. And the subject of the matter is of importance. To the hunter and the survivor.

I know it has been stated that no further dlc shall be added but I feel this is a bad idea. I would happily pay for certain weapons, skins, equipment etc. Via steam or PS4. By marketing brand new content, more players are attracted to play again. Hell its how most online games operate these days. But I don't play games that make you pay to fully enjoy the title. I feel it's deceitful. This is a title worthy of throwing more money at, kinda like when the hottest striper arrives and you make it rain! That's however my own opinion.

Who are you talking to bro? The noobs? Or are you just reiterating what I said in the 4th paragraph of my last post? I don't wait at nests, that's foolish. I attack them on their way to the nests, doing so however is much more difficult now when they have an entire open field. Solid objects are crucial for a successful GP, without them the survivor may easily dodge in any direction he chooses, and when unsuccesful become easy prey for his friends who have very few zombies or obstacles slowing them down.

DFA is a joke, it's a unblockable insta kill, given to a party with so many tools in which have the capacity to make it possible to hunt the hunter..I hardly ever get DFA anymore because now the rooftop belongs to the hunter once again. By this I mean that with survivors being unable to dodge tackles mid air they now understand that going on a rooftop is asking for a GP - mid air tackle combo. This has made the game a lot more playable as a hunter as during 1v4 I would spend valuable time trying to get a single survivor off a rooftop as GP just wont accomplish this alone. And I can't waste my time trying to get him off there while his friends destroy my nest.

I stopped using horde after I realised that most of my zombies never seemed to pitch up, and will never touch a freely moving survivor, to spit horde then spam tackle continuously is boring but seems to be the only way of making horde truly effective in The Following. You can't rely on horde alone as much due to the fact that there are few obstacles or zombies making it not so much of a stress avoiding the horde or the hunter. It's difficult to avoid objects, zombies, horde and hunter. In The Following its just horde and hunter, and survivors are then pleased to find obstacles. Those obstacles would slow and thus ultimately weaken the hordes mobility but those environmental factors would also slow down any of his friends trying to keep me off my 'marked' target.

And on your third point..good advice bro!! My spit aim is really bad, and when I'm busy destroying them my regen rate is crippling. But I will definitely add this to my must do moves. However this thread is becoming side tracked. And the subject of the matter is of importance. To the hunter and the survivor.

I know it has been stated that no further dlc shall be added but I feel this is a bad idea. I would happily pay for certain weapons, skins, equipment etc. Via steam or PS4. By marketing brand new content, more players are attracted to play again. Hell its how most online games operate these days. But I don't play games that make you pay to fully enjoy the title. I feel it's deceitful. This is a title worthy of throwing more money at, kinda like when the hottest striper arrives and you make it rain! That's however my own opinion.

To who exactly are yu talking to?

...Thatz where Quotes come in :P

Talking to the dude I just replied after, docpurrington. Sorry I have yet to master the quote system on my device. I'll get it eventually.

Lol, It shouldnt take long to master it, I can change the text of someones post or quote my post that hasnt been posted yet, (I think) It'll be work on progress.. dont bother paying attention to this bs Im typing past the '------'line. Ill create a 'topic' to test this whole system,

------

Lol, It shouldnt take long to master it, I can change the text of someones post or quote my post that hasnt been posted yet, (I think) It'll be work on progress.. dont bother paying attention to this bs Im typing past the '------'line.

Edited by Sniper BLM

who stated that there will be no further dlc in dying light? the ceo have said that they will still working dying light till the end of the year, meaning there will be a new content (dlc) in the future, the dev also said so in the interview when the following is released

and for me the country side is much better map for hunter than slums, as most of the nest are death trap for survivor, and you stopped using horde? with the instant spawn near your face and spawning in rooftop they are op now and buggy is also kind of death trap if you manage to spit them or turn them upside down with a GP

and you don't need solid object when you do a mid air GP, you just need to predict the survivor position, so even if they are dodging the GP will still land