WerewolfNightmare

Developer Tools: .eds Files Don't Appear On Example Map

Heyo!

While I was making a map on the Dying Light Developer Tools using the Example Map, I noticed that there were no .eds files when I was searching under the Default section of the Data under the Assets box.

So for example, I want to get the Airdrop Crate with the Antizin put into it, and I remember I seen this on The Hunter map. When I went onto my map (again, the map is a modified version of the Developer Tools Example map) and searched for it, nothing can up. (It did came up on The Hunter map)

Anyone have a clue about this?

Hey man,

'The Hunter' uses .eds files that I put together myself. To add these to the example map you can grab them from:

'C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Dying Light\DevTools\workshop\The_Hunter\data\defaults' grab 'antizin_drop_1.eds' and 'antizin_drop_1.mis' (grab the other 4 if you want them).

Copy those to 'C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Dying Light\DevTools\workshop\<Your Map Name> \data\selections\community'.

You should now be able to use them in the map and find them where the other selections are.

Note: Remember to credit the author who originally created the selections, I don't mind so much myself but it is common courtesy.

Cheers,

Squirrel.

Hey, thank you so much for helping me with this! I really appreciate it! ^^

However, I got some concerns.

• For my map, there's no Selection folder under my map, so do I just create one, then make a Community folder under the Selection folder, and then copy and paste the .eds files into there?
  • Also, I think I've accidentally deleted some files from The_Hunter's community folder, including the Antizin_Drops files for me, so there any chance of recovering them somehow? :(
Edited by WerewolfNightmare

Hey, thank you so much for helping me with this! I really appreciate it! ^^

However, I got some concerns.

• For my map, there's no Selection folder under my map, so do I just create one, then make a Community folder under the Selection folder, and then copy and paste the .eds files into there?
  • Also, I think I've accidentally deleted some files from The_Hunter's community folder, including the Antizin_Drops files for me, so there any chance of recovering them somehow? :(

Hey there,

• Should work no problem if you do this. If it doesn't work I can investigate further for you.
  • You can just re-download (subscribe) from the steam workshop to get it back. If you took it from the games actual files, verifying the integrity of your game cache through steam should get you sorted.

Cheers,

Squirrel.

Turns out I figured out what went wrong with the files. When I was searching in The Hunter folder, I thought the Antizin was in the Selections folder and I realized that it was in the Default folder as you mentioned, so I thought I'd lost them before in the Selections. Anyhow, just in case I also did do the verification and the re-download.

Now for the folder, I did copy both the .eds and the .mis files of the Antizin Crates into a newly created folder, in Community, under Selection, under Data... but for some reason it still doesn't work for me. Now I don't know if this is due to me including the .mis files too, but do I make a Defaults folder instead of a Selection folder, or do I simply remove the .mis files to work?

Alright, made a defaults folder, put the files into there, and it worked! Thanks so much for the help!

By the way, I noticed with the drops is that one of the Antizin vials is missing from the drop. Is that normal or?

Yeah that is normal, I think it is because the model is from the Dying Light Story after you take the one vial from the crate in the cutscene.

Cheers,

Squirrel.

Ah, gotcha.

If you want, I can send you a friend request on Steam, maybe you and I should meet up and just talk about anything like Dying Light. Would be pretty awesome. ^^

Sure, you could probably find my profile through one of my Maps.

What is your steam profile name?