Sign in to follow this  
ChaseOfSpades

Mind Games As The Night Hunter

Based on my experience playing as NH, if the Survivor plays perfectly, I can't do anything to him. Some may complain about this, but I like it. It means you have to present situations he isn't prepared to deal with. You have to get into his head. You have to make him think you are doing one move, provoke his reaction to that move, and punish him for it. 

For example, One thing I like to do is to start sprinting towards him, signaling a tackle. Seeing this and knowing what is coming, he will start hopping around  to dodge it. I could then get a couple of claw attacks in, or if he is jumping backward, stick him with something. 

What are some mind games that you guys like to play with the survivor? 

Based on my experience playing as NH, if the Survivor plays perfectly, I can't do anything to him. Some may complain about this, but I like it. It means you have to present situations he isn't prepared to deal with. You have to get into his head. You have to make him think you are doing one move, provoke his reaction to that move, and punish him for it. 

For example, One thing I like to do is to start sprinting towards him, signaling a tackle. Seeing this and knowing what is coming, he will start hopping around  to dodge it. I could then get a couple of claw attacks in, or if he is jumping backward, stick him with something. 

What are some mind games that you guys like to play with the survivor? 

Mines is more like:

- Run toward him and stick him with the zombie spit - then tackle him((Doesn't matter if he dodges or not)) to make him stay there longer and to give the zombies a chance to get him. Then I'd turn on UV heal and go all-out on him while keeping him ground-level. Now he has to choose "Should I worry about the NH or the zombies?". They usually choose to UV me then get exploded. And if they choose zombies, they get pounced. Either way, they're gonna die.

Run towards a human to think I'm gonna tackle, jump, air GP, miss, 95% of time cause of desync, get called a GP spamming chupacabra, have fun.

P.S Don't play BTZ on PC as a hunter, it's a whole another world and you'll get your chupacabra handed to you :)

Edited by perkele

P.S Don't play BTZ on PC as a hunter, it's a whole another world and you'll get your chupacabra handed to you :)

I actually play on PC with an xbox 360 controller, so I have both of those things working against me. :)

What is chupacabra?

I actually play on PC with an xbox 360 controller, so I have both of those things working against me. :)

What is chupacabra?

When someone uses profanity on the boards, the word "chupacabra" is put in the place of the cuss word automatically by the mods.

I've been trying a lot more physical confrontations to save my Spits lately. High sensitivity = super-fast turning, so you Tendril behind someone, hold "Sprint" spin like a top, and hold Tackle to get off a clean hit.

Can't quite do it as consistently as consistently as the PC folks I've seen, but it works like a charm! Your fast movement also makes it murder for the Human to hit you with a UV Light in 1 Vs. 1, and in 1 Vs. 2+ it takes one Human out of the equations for a hot second.

I've been trying a lot more physical confrontations to save my Spits lately. High sensitivity = super-fast turning, so you Tendril behind someone, hold "Sprint" spin like a top, and hold Tackle to get off a clean hit.

Can't quite do it as consistently as consistently as the PC folks I've seen, but it works like a charm! Your fast movement also makes it murder for the Human to hit you with a UV Light in 1 Vs. 1, and in 1 Vs. 2+ it takes one Human out of the equations for a hot second.

So it works pretty well, sacrifice accuracy for speed. I like the idea.

Nerf incoming i guess.

So it works pretty well, sacrifice accuracy for speed. I like the idea.

Nerf incoming i guess.

Right. :D Except with all that, you won't be too accurate.

And I have a question, sometimes when I'm sprinting and I go into tendril for the speed, it doesn't work. I can't ever tell if I'm in sprint mode or not while tendrilling. How do you tell?

They should add some kind of indication that you're sprinting in your tendril.

And I have a question, sometimes when I'm sprinting and I go into tendril for the speed, it doesn't work. I can't ever tell if I'm in sprint mode or not while tendrilling. How do you tell?

They should add some kind of indication that you're sprinting in your tendril.

It's a guessing game, honestly, as there is no real indication beyond your controller's consistency. Tendril-to-ground transportation will always result in the NH being able to Sprint, but you have to be holding your respective button down and be in a position where you can continue moving. So "straight down" will give you trouble (it does for me, at least) on PS4, because I have my controllers on the default setting and can't always swivel up/down while holding Tackle (Circle). So it needs to be at an angle most of the time, or you'll hit the ground too hard to Sprint out of the landing.

I won't claim to have invented the strategy, but I've been getting a knack for it over time and definitely agree that sometimes Sprint just doesn't happen sometimes. But I believe it's just button input, rather than the mechanic itself.

Right. :D Except with all that, you won't be too accurate.

Yea, like any game, the high sensitivity takes a while to get used to. But the speed really helps in avoiding UV Light and getting around Humans quickly. To be honest, I don't use it as much for attack as I do to distract Humans from the goal while waiting for Spits to recharge. The NH is usually pretty helpless without Spits, so it's good to have a mid-charging plan of attack that can not only effectively keep the Humans away from the Nest, but also act as a solid damage-dealer to the point of getting kills and extending your charge-time even more. The sensitivity makes Spits hard for only a few matches before you get used to it and can use it to your advantage, like predicting a Dodge and Sticking a Spit mid-Dodge (super-rewarding!)

Plus, Tackle is 1/3 the Human's health. Even if you only get one off, you can Tendril over to him and either:

• Get behind the Human and rush in for Tackle #2, then repeat
  • Ground Pound, then follow up with Melees for the kill
  • Escape, heal up while they do, and repeat for more distraction time

It's 100% worth getting used to.

It's a guessing game, honestly, as there is no real indication beyond your controller's consistency. Tendril-to-ground transportation will always result in the NH being able to Sprint, but you have to be holding your respective button down and be in a position where you can continue moving. So "straight down" will give you trouble (it does for me, at least) on PS4, because I have my controllers on the default setting and can't always swivel up/down while holding Tackle (Circle). So it needs to be at an angle most of the time, or you'll hit the ground too hard to Sprint out of the landing.

I won't claim to have invented the strategy, but I've been getting a knack for it over time and definitely agree that sometimes Sprint just doesn't happen sometimes. But I believe it's just button input, rather than the mechanic itself.

Yea, like any game, the high sensitivity takes a while to get used to. But the speed really helps in avoiding UV Light and getting around Humans quickly. To be honest, I don't use it as much for attack as I do to distract Humans from the goal while waiting for Spits to recharge. The NH is usually pretty helpless without Spits, so it's good to have a mid-charging plan of attack that can not only effectively keep the Humans away from the Nest, but also act as a solid damage-dealer to the point of getting kills and extending your charge-time even more. The sensitivity makes Spits hard for only a few matches before you get used to it and can use it to your advantage, like predicting a Dodge and Sticking a Spit mid-Dodge (super-rewarding!)

Plus, Tackle is 1/3 the Human's health. Even if you only get one off, you can Tendril over to him and either:

• Get behind the Human and rush in for Tackle #2, then repeat
  • Ground Pound, then follow up with Melees for the kill
  • Escape, heal up while they do, and repeat for more distraction time

It's 100% worth getting used to.

Describe like that, i already see the nerf because "it makes the night hunter overpowered"  --'

Describe like that, i already see the nerf because "it makes the night hunter overpowered"  --'

The only quick-nerf I could see working (i.e. without requiring much effort) would be to affect the level of sensitivity achieved through the in-game slider.

Which I'd be fine with, honestly, because it's not separate between the Hunter and Humans. We'd have less Humans magically whipping around at light-speed when we Tackle/Pounce them, which seems way better of a deal for Night Hunters. ^_^