Sign in to follow this  
RaceyStorm3124

So, What Do We Do Now?

Well, that's the end for Dying Light BtZ right? The Following and it's patch was the last thing for it.

What do we do now? Just get better and kill people online?

We won't get anymore updates, only small patches and balancing fixes. Which I think we won't get anymore balance fixes tbh.

Lol, what's the point of even being here then?

This very post is useless tbh. xD

Edited by RaceyStorm3124

What do you mean "that's the end". Are you not happy with the patches that came out for BTZ? I think it's pretty balanced right now, especially considering Techland made it harder to be a Survivor(IMO anyways). There really isn't much more that needs to be tweaked but only time will tell.

It's good, but there's no more skills, mutations, or new game play coming.

And winning doesn't feel like I accomplished anything.

When I do something as the Hunter I want there to be a reason to it, and my old reason was to level up and mutate.

But since there's no new things for the Night Hunter there's no reason for me to PVP.

The point of any PvP mode is competition against other players, not rewards. That's like saying what's the point of board games or tag. Until the servers are shut down or there are 0 players online across all platforms (or you just don't feel like playing the same minds over and over) then there will always be a point to playing BtZ, the point that you make and not some predefined goal in-game. 

The point of any PvP mode is competition against other players, not rewards. That's like saying what's the point of board games or tag. Until the servers are shut down or there are 0 players online across all platforms (or you just don't feel like playing the same minds over and over) then there will always be a point to playing BtZ, the point that you make and not some predefined goal in-game. 

It's about competition and rewards. And board games and tag are in two totally different categories than a videogame, I don't even see where you were going tgere. Games are better with rewards. With level-ups that feels like I really accomplished something instead of just beating people repetitively. It's like I am beating these guys badly, I win, after I win I get a level up of 1 point on the same spit it's just a level two. Oooh huge difference. Not to mention I don't even like that spit. Rewards aren't just for winning games either too, they're rewards for progressing in the game and supporting the dev by playing the game fairly long. It's a motivation to get people to play longer and have something to look forward too. Haven't you EVER like, on any game, know there's an unlockable weapon in idk... a super super hard dungeon but STILL go down there to beat everything because you're so hype for that weapon? That's motivation and excitement. That's something to keep the player occupied.

Honestly, I LOVE batman(lol nohomo). And I love the Arkham series. But the level ups were... eh.... It'd have been better if they made the batmobile harder to unlock rather that just tossing that badass suit and car in with you in just cutscenes.

It's good, but there's no more skills, mutations, or new game play coming.

And winning doesn't feel like I accomplished anything.

When I do something as the Hunter I want there to be a reason to it, and my old reason was to level up and mutate.

But since there's no new things for the Night Hunter there's no reason for me to PVP.

Then why play any game? Why play a game of Basketball with your friends, (or a pickup game with strangers)? Win or lose there are no new things to get from playing basketball with your friends/strangers.  Isn't the point of playing a game... to have fun doing it and to win? If you win that game of basketball do you get a cool basketball +1 to 3 pointers to play with next time? No. You just play (maybe you get better at Basketball, but that's it).

When you do something as the hunter your reason is.... to kill people. That's why you do it. That is the hunter's motivation. To win. Maybe you get better at playing the Hunter, but that's it.

When did every game become about getting "something" You don't get a reward when you play a game with friends... you just have fun. I swear the "everyone gets a trophy" generation's demand's that games reward them for everything they do is getting out of hand.

Edited by Shockwave

Then why play any game? Why play a game of Basketball with your friends, (or a pickup game with strangers)? Win or lose there are no new things to get from playing basketball with your friends/strangers.  Isn't the point of playing a game... to have fun doing it and to win? If you win that game of basketball do you get a cool basketball +1 to 3 pointers to play with next time? No. You just play (maybe you get better at Basketball, but that's it).

When you do something as the hunter your reason is.... to kill people. That's why you do it. That is the hunter's motivation. To win. Maybe you get better at playing the Hunter, but that's it.

When did every game become about getting "something" You don't get a reward when you play a game with friends... you just have fun. I swear the "everyone gets a trophy" generation's demand's that games reward them for everything they do is getting out of hand.

Have to agree. I really enjoy this mode and making videos for it; at this point I don't need constant updates or new NH skins to keep me occupied.

There's always going to be things we want in the games we enjoy. But a vast majority of the fixes and additions we've asked for have been implemented in BtZ at no cost to the player. In this day and age, with RNG and Microtransactions running rampant, that's pretty rare and I'm happy about it.

Every game has glitches, bugs, etc. that need to be fixed. but the new NH skills? New Spits? The new appearance obtained through Mutations? That was all free! We'd be dropping $5.00 per skin if this was run by Activi$ion, but Tech/WB let that be funded by the DLC (I'm assuming), which is exactly how it should be.

We're over a year down the line and Tech still has the occasional contests/updates for the game. If anything new comes up? Awesome. If it doesn't? I paid $60 for an amazing game and $20 for a great expansion, and everything that came along in the middle was free.

It's about competition and rewards. And board games and tag are in two totally different categories than a videogame, I don't even see where you were going tgere. Games are better with rewards. With level-ups that feels like I really accomplished something instead of just beating people repetitively. It's like I am beating these guys badly, I win, after I win I get a level up of 1 point on the same spit it's just a level two. Oooh huge difference. Not to mention I don't even like that spit. Rewards aren't just for winning games either too, they're rewards for progressing in the game and supporting the dev by playing the game fairly long. It's a motivation to get people to play longer and have something to look forward too. Haven't you EVER like, on any game, know there's an unlockable weapon in idk... a super super hard dungeon but STILL go down there to beat everything because you're so hype for that weapon? That's motivation and excitement. That's something to keep the player occupied.

Honestly, I LOVE batman(lol nohomo). And I love the Arkham series. But the level ups were... eh.... It'd have been better if they made the batmobile harder to unlock rather that just tossing that badass suit and car in with you in just cutscenes.

Board games and tag are similar in the since that it's a competition between two or more people. What you're describing next is a single player experience not PvP (Player vs Player). Single player modes depend on rewards to keep the player interested whereas with PvP all you need is a good multiplayer formula and people will play with that concept indefinitely. 

Also the Arkham night series is single player not multiplayer. That has no relation to this mode. 

I would pay $20 for new content too, I mean at this point I stopped playing BTZ because I suck, but maybe adding a new mechanic would help, like not necessary destroy nest and rather being persecute as NH or whatever, all aside the country side feels pretty empty after unlocking everything, and as many game developers release good dlc for a fair price like blizzard do (same game for like 15 years but expanded), Techland have done an impressive job and releasing free content, but common if we as fans of DL want more merging, guns, outfit, missions, enemies, etc, we have to pay for it I think its pretty fair.

I would pay $20 for new content too, I mean at this point I stopped playing BTZ because I suck, but maybe adding a new mechanic would help, like not necessary destroy nest and rather being persecute as NH or whatever, all aside the country side feels pretty empty after unlocking everything, and as many game developers release good dlc for a fair price like blizzard do (same game for like 15 years but expanded), Techland have done an impressive job and releasing free content, but common if we as fans of DL want more merging, guns, outfit, missions, enemies, etc, we have to pay for it I think its pretty fair.

Ikr. It's just repetitive and boring now.

Ikr. It's just repetitive and boring now.

I mean... the game's been out for over a year. It doesn't have to last forever. I just keep coming back because I still like it.

I enjoyed the main campaign and The Following. I can't wait for the next iteration of the game, but Tech doesn't need to stretch out DL1 unnecessarily. Companies tend to stretch things out too long nowadays, and DL has been "just right" in my opinion. The last thing it needs is the CoD treatment of new, tiny maps every few months.

it's like Gravity Falls. Loved the show! It ended on a good note; didn't drag out too long. Yea, I'll miss it, but it did everything right.

If DL2 takes another year or 2 to come out, I won't be disappointed. Good stuff takes a long time to make, and I'd rather it take a long time and be an equally good experience as DL1 than have corners be cut and Microtransactions be implemented to circumvent costs.

I mean... the game's been out for over a year. It doesn't have to last forever. I just keep coming back because I still like it.

This exactly. Melee has been out for 15 years and it still shows up at tournament to this day. You don't need a constant stream of dlc or micro transactions if you have a strong multiplayer formula with reasonable balance. Hell people even play unbalanced or clunky mp games like tomb raider which is litered with cheaters.

I enjoyed the main campaign and The Following. I can't wait for the next iteration of the game, but Tech doesn't need to stretch out DL1 unnecessarily. Companies tend to stretch things out too long nowadays, and DL has been "just right" in my opinion. The last thing it needs is the CoD treatment of new, tiny maps every few months.

it's like Gravity Falls. Loved the show! It ended on a good note; didn't drag out too long. Yea, I'll miss it, but it did everything right.

If DL2 takes another year or 2 to come out, I won't be disappointed. Good stuff takes a long time to make, and I'd rather it take a long time and be an equally good experience as DL1 than have corners be cut and Microtransactions be implemented to circumvent costs.

I'm not talking map wise. I was actually talking about BtZ mode. The other guy talking about DLC's(That I won't even buy) is on his own thing. I was just saying how BtZ only had 1 mode and a second would be nice.

I don't really care for LFD2 because it won't have that "just right" parkour freedom Dying Light has. I don't find it the same.

I'm not talking map wise. I was actually talking about BtZ mode. The other guy talking about DLC's(That I won't even buy) is on his own thing. I was just saying how BtZ only had 1 mode and a second would be nice.

I don't really care for LFD2 because it won't have that "just right" parkour freedom Dying Light has. I don't find it the same.

Oh, like a secondary objective mode?

I think that would be nice as well, honestly. But I have no doubt it's something we'll have to wait until DL2 for. I think if the mode becomes a separate MP mode, rather than a direct link to Campaign, there will be more options and it will be more easily editable. Plus, hotfixes to the MP mode won't affect single-player.