Sniper BLM

Any Body Played Vs Random Nhs Without Flares, Med Kits Or A Mini Map On Nightmare(+) Difficulty?

So I done this a few hours ago, and it actually made it feel like the way its suppost to be played (Imo),

The no flares made me use my UV more carefull instead of draining the hunters energy bar all the way empty, knowing I wouldnt be able to kill him anyway,

Also didnt use flares eventhough I got hit by a UV spit, just hide in houses (slums) or just go around corners repeatly (Old town) trying to outrun the NH long enough for the spit effect to fade away,trying to outrun the NH without knowing where he is/was made me feel like I was actually playing a Horror game,

The no med-kits made me not 'hunt' the NH and made me also not 'spam' drop kicks or just go around jumping off roofs attempting a DFA over and over healing after like nothing happend..

And finally, the No minimap, I love playing this way, 'spamming' survivor sense hasnt been useless ever since! (Which was awesome btw) the only thing I had was a UV light, my orange military machete and survivor sense which lighted up the NH when I was looking his direction by coincidence.. this way it didnt let me see the NH that easy and the horror kicked in as I never knew where he was and only hearded him screaming and running once in awhile (tendril not much), (also good for practise!)

Horror, and fear, thats the way I like it.. but why do people play with minimaps and thousands and thousands of flares? This game is suppost to be a horror game isnt it? So why the 'I-always-know-where-you-are-whenever-you-are-nearby-or-not-so-I-can-spam-my-dodge-against-your-tackles' tactic? But, aint here to complain (tho it hardly was)

Anybody played without minimap, flares and med kits on hard/nighrmare difficulty? Try it if you havent! Its awesome (yes I played some games like this and lost them all.. but this aint all about winning)

1 suggestion tho: remove the hunter icon for survivors? The hunter cant be stealthy/sneaky due that.. tho I admit this would be too much eh? Solution for the disagree-ers/NHs: Sense suppressor spit + pounce.. works wonders in 1v1/1v2..

(Dont come here all offensive thnx, dont get me on spelling either, I prefer texting, not being a dictionary)

Nightmare resorts back to is hard mode in BTZ from what i can tell. I would usually play with out sense, meds, flares and either my fists or wood plank for dfa in most of my vids uploaded, it's makes for some hilarious and tense games for sure. Didn't know you could disable minimap tho that sounds interesting... tho i guess if you don't use sense the map is basically useless.

This probably shows the best and most fun

Edited by smc

Nightmare resorts back to is hard mode in BTZ from what i can tell. I would usually play with out sense, meds, flares and either my fists or wood plank for dfa in most of my vids uploaded, it's makes for some hilarious and tense games for sure. Didn't know you could disable minimap tho that sounds interesting... tho i guess if you don't use sense the map is basically useless.

Isnt playing without survivor sense a lot harder then without minimap? Also, on consoles (am playing on Xbox One) to disable map: go to pause menu, options, game, change hud from 'normal' to 'no navigation' (or 'hidden' if you prefer)

Ikr. Because Dying Light is supposed to be a horror game. Hunter by day, hunted by night. Sadly, when you're pro you're hunter the frickin day, night, dawn, dusk, full moon, blue moon, invaded by NH, you're just a complete hunting nut-job if you're a pro human.

I wanted the NH to live up to it's title as a REAL hunter and live up to the game's Horror genre. But obviously, that didn't happen. Instead it's just... full of skills and timing and all that....I mean it's o.k. but it's not nearly as fun or as good as BtZ would be if it was horror.