Sign in to follow this  
WerewolfNightmare

Developer Tools Bug?

Hey everyone!

For a while now, I've been noticing that my Developer Tools has been acting kind of odd.

For example,

When loading a map that I created, it will freeze for a while at SpeechData (if clicking on it will crash the game), and then it resume normally for some reason.

Also, I tried looking for some assets like dead bodies (you know, the infected corpses that have like a cut on their shoulder and can be seen on the ground or against a wall) on one of my maps (set on the Example template map), but nothing popped up.

Any ideas on how to fix this? I've re-installed and verified, but nothing seems to work. :/

Hmmm, as for the dead bodies, did you go to the box with the green plus sign, meshes, and then search "dead"? I have no problems with corpses. As for the freezing, I am not sure what SpeechData is, although I presume it is NPC dialog. I remember that when I first started the dev tools, I had way more crashes. Now, I don't have crashes, ever. Perhaps you can just keep working and save frequently, eventually it should stop. (That's what it did for me anyway.)

Have fun building :-)

Found the bodies, thanks!

Also, few things I want to ask

- Varlist doesn't seem to change the day-night cycle for some reason. Any solution?

- Is there an option to change the appearance of Rais's Men and the weapons they are selected with (ex. giving them machetes instead of swords)

- Any way to change the outfit playermodel (Ex. I want the Canadian outfit worn for my maps instead of the Juggernaut outfit) without stashes?

Edited by WerewolfNightmare

Found the bodies, thanks!

Also, few things I want to ask

- Varlist doesn't seem to change the day-night cycle for some reason. Any solution?

- Is there an option to change the appearance of Rais's Men and the weapons they are selected with (ex. giving them machetes instead of swords)

- Any way to change the outfit playermodel (Ex. I want the Canadian outfit worn for my maps instead of the Juggernaut outfit) without stashes?

Ah, well hmm... Varlist doesn't work? Like, the slider that changes the day and night, weather etc. doesn't do anything? Just be a bit more specific :-)

And as for Rais AI, I haven't actually worked with them just yet, so unfortunately I don't have an answer, my best guess would be in the attributes window, so definitely search there!

As for outfits, I again haven't had experience in that yet, so perhaps you could create another thread for that!

Hope I helped in some way!

Varlist, yeah it's like the slider and everything. When I change it and I test it, the thing reverts itself to before. An example is let's say instead of the default morning, I want an afternoon... well when I press the test button, it reverts that.

For the outfits and AI, well, I might consider making a thread for that. Thanks for the suggestion!