Sign in to follow this  
strike1

Goon Guarding Nests

Normal nest zombies "easy to kill"? Reece, when was the last time you opened your game as survivor to invasions? Comparing the walkers/virals of BtZ mode to single player campaign gives some measure: BtZ zombies are more resistant and will take several times more damage than their single player brethren. They are not "easy" for the simple reason that the survivor engages them with a hunter breathing down their neck, where one little grab animation from the NPC could spell death for the survivor and a free pounce for the hunter. Skilled hunters exploit this, observe, and when to move in with what kind of attack.

Indeed, the frustration with the goons is understandable. On the one hand, Techland took considerable time to somewhat clarify their stance on cheaters. Issues such as online abuse in chat are also left unaddressed in public, when everybody knows it to be real. Instead of tackling these difficult issues publicly/directly, they seemed to want "to beat people who find exploits or develop/use cheats" at their own game. This means making the mode's zombies more resistant and adding goons, so that complaining hunter players would stand a chance against people using cheats/exploits.

But the "solution" has a cost: it does leave two groups at a disadvantage: survivors that don't cheat and newcomers to the game mode. It would not surprise me to see experienced, non-cheating survivors losing interest in the game for lack of fun, as almost every aspect of survivor ability has seen nerfs. For hunters, it's time to go to town, of course. :ph34r:

It is amusing how "full commitment required for Death from Above as realism does matter" is often chanted, while the proposition that a zombie is tendrilling at 100 Kph to pounce and instantly digest-explode a guy half a block away does not raise an eyebrow at all... Like, we all know the physics, biology, and mechanics behind THAT, duh! But a survivor rolling out of a death from above: "c'mon, get real! We need more commitment than that?" I've always thought: "Well how much? I am prepared to get married to that hunter below me. Can I DFA nows puhleez?"  :lol: 

This, when in parkour "bailing out" and absorbing impact, as in other street sports, is a key skill that exists and is practiced without mythical beings as far as I know. Maybe not at the height we're talking, but the vertical aspect is one key feature of the game which is fictional: bending the rules is fun. Everybody can judge for themselves how effective these measures have been, and it is clear from my tone which way I lean but I haven't decided quite yet.

Now they added a goon  to guarding the nest. WTF. Rest are easy to kill but that goon is taking too much time. Such useless addition.

If you have the upgraded Crossbow, you can two-shot them with headshots. Just take aim and hit'em in the head twice, and they go down in a jiffy. Seems to be the fastest way for me.

Normal nest zombies "easy to kill"? Reece, when was the last time you opened your game as survivor to invasions? Comparing the walkers/virals of BtZ mode to single player campaign gives some measure: BtZ zombies are more resistant and will take several times more damage than their single player brethren. They are not "easy" for the simple reason that the survivor engages them with a hunter breathing down their neck, where one little grab animation from the NPC could spell death for the survivor and a free pounce for the hunter. Skilled hunters exploit this, observe, and when to move in with what kind of attack.

Indeed, the frustration with the goons is understandable. On the one hand, Techland took considerable time to somewhat clarify their stance on cheaters. Issues such as online abuse in chat are also left unaddressed in public, when everybody knows it to be real. Instead of tackling these difficult issues publicly/directly, they seemed to want "to beat people who find exploits or develop/use cheats" at their own game. This means making the mode's zombies more resistant and adding goons, so that complaining hunter players would stand a chance against people using cheats/exploits.

But the "solution" has a cost: it does leave two groups at a disadvantage: survivors that don't cheat and newcomers to the game mode. It would not surprise me to see experienced, non-cheating survivors losing interest in the game for lack of fun, as almost every aspect of survivor ability has seen nerfs. For hunters, it's time to go to town, of course. :ph34r:

It is amusing how "full commitment required for Death from Above as realism does matter" is often chanted, while the proposition that a zombie is tendrilling at 100 Kph to pounce and instantly digest-explode a guy half a block away does not raise an eyebrow at all... Like, we all know the physics, biology, and mechanics behind THAT, duh! But a survivor rolling out of a death from above: "c'mon, get real! We need more commitment than that?" I've always thought: "Well how much? I am prepared to get married to that hunter below me. Can I DFA nows puhleez?" :lol:

This, when in parkour "bailing out" and absorbing impact, as in other street sports, is a key skill that exists and is practiced without mythical beings as far as I know. Maybe not at the height we're talking, but the vertical aspect is one key feature of the game which is fictional: bending the rules is fun. Everybody can judge for themselves how effective these measures have been, and it is clear from my tone which way I lean but I haven't decided quite yet.

You cant be serious mate. You dont even have to kill them with flares and even without them. a couple slice with a angel modification and bye bye zombies.

You cant be serious mate. You dont even have to kill them with flares and even without them. a couple slice with a angel modification and bye bye zombies.

Firstly, I'm unaware that we are mates but have bad memory... and no, I'm not really serious regarding opinions concerning games. If I were, I'd be developing them. Thanks for the angel modification advice.

Firstly, I'm unaware that we are mates but have bad memory... and no, I'm not really serious regarding opinions concerning games. If I were, I'd be developing them. Thanks for the angel modification advice.

PATCH INCOMING!!!!

If you have the upgraded Crossbow, you can two-shot them with headshots. Just take aim and hit'em in the head twice, and they go down in a jiffy. Seems to be the fastest way for me.

But you have to play The following first for the crossbow. I went that chapter after completing main game.