Sign in to follow this  
jasnxl

What Happens When You Restart The Game At Earlier Quest?

I've finished both the campaign and the following, and I completed all quests/sidequests except the Troll sidequest. It also appears that I've lost my chance to perform this quest, on my first time through the game. However, I've read elsewhere that anyone can reset the game to perform earlier quests by restarting the game at an earlier quest, (advanced start options). My questions are;

1. When you restart the game from an earlier quest does the player's character stats and inventory change?
  2. Which quests are "restartable"? The main story quests? Or also the sidequests?
  3. Can you restart the game from a quest, and then return your character to the current completed game status?
  4. What would be the steps I should do in order to restart the game so I can complete specifically the Troll sidequest?

Please feel free to point to any resources which fully describe the restart from quest process in Dying Light.

Thanks

1.no

2.main quests,but if u restart a quest before old town,ur progress in old town are likely lost.

3.u can only return to the endgame quest Extraction,and also see 2 above

4.i guess u already know,unlock old town all over again. tip - Quest: The Saviors

Thanks for your reply.

I did try and restart the game from an earlier quest, but I didn't want to go through Saviors to reset Old Town, so I could do some of the side quests again. The good news is that the Troll side quest was waiting for me to complete. So once I figured out how to start the side quest, and I showed up in the right place, I got the side quest, and completed it.