Sign in to follow this  
Shockwave

Hunter Join Flag

Can we get a join on/off for the hunter? The hunter should be able to set an allow join, so that once the game is under way new players can not join the game. Why does the player control the number of people in the game? As a hunter I should be able to choose to take on 3 or 4 players or stick to 1:1 matches.

For example, recently I mutated my hunter, back to no skills. So i log into a 1:1 game in the slums, having a pretty good match with a newbie She gets a nest and I kill her a couple times, I start to see her pattern and on nest 2 I kill her three times. So she's down 5 lives I'm down 1 Nest. If she gets my new pattern that may turn again, I have limited skills to work with. after death 5 shes sits in the safe zone on pause (menu). Then 3 people join. All french like her, all taking in chat.

Clearly she was going to lose, and got 3 more friends to come in and help out. Now i'm 4:1 with a low level hunter and my win instantly turns to a loss as they start hunting me down. When my hunter is fully upgraded I'll take on 2 or 3, but I should be able to take on just 1 when it's low. Sorry but the NH should have a join flag and only if BOTH players allow joins shoudl they be allowed while the NH is active.

Can we get a join on/off for the hunter? The hunter should be able to set an allow join, so that once the game is under way new players can not join the game. Why does the player control the number of people in the game? As a hunter I should be able to choose to take on 3 or 4 players or stick to 1:1 matches.

For example, recently I mutated my hunter, back to no skills. So i log into a 1:1 game in the slums, having a pretty good match with a newbie She gets a nest and I kill her a couple times, I start to see her pattern and on nest 2 I kill her three times. So she's down 5 lives I'm down 1 Nest. If she gets my new pattern that may turn again, I have limited skills to work with. after death 5 shes sits in the safe zone on pause (menu). Then 3 people join. All french like her, all taking in chat.

Clearly she was going to lose, and got 3 more friends to come in and help out. Now i'm 4:1 with a low level hunter and my win instantly turns to a loss as they start hunting me down. When my hunter is fully upgraded I'll take on 2 or 3, but I should be able to take on just 1 when it's low. Sorry but the NH should have a join flag and only if BOTH players allow joins shoudl they be allowed while the NH is active.

I feel your pain. I am currently on mutation 1 level rank 25 Beast. I recently fought a 2V1 that turned into a 3V1 with an Ultimate Survivor, Ruthless, and Prey human rankings. Needless to say, I got my a$$ kicked. I probably should have won, but they managed to dodge a few tackles in mid air (this is still possible even though the devs claim it isn't - and no it wasn't because of lag or latency). Like I said, I should have won, but seeing that I was playing a 3V1 with two high ranking players (Ultimate Survivor and Ruthless), the odds were not in my favor. 

Edited by A. Ryan

You should be proud, that she had to call for the backup to deal with you and i am personnally flattered when somebody have to be so desperate.

The ON/OFF switch won't save you much, there is a lot of Ultimate Survivors under prey rank now.

I agree on the idea of preventing other players from joining if you don't want them to, but moreso players the NH knows rather than the Humans' friends. I occasionally get invited to play matches with people from the channel, but I don't seem to have any way of stopping players from my Friends List from jumping in when they see me online. I always have my NH game settings to "Private," though it doesn't seem to make a difference, so I'm not sure what it does.

I don't mind other players joining normally, honestly, but there are instances when I do just want to 1 Vs. 1 someone. I had a planned 1 Vs. 1 the other day turn into a 1 Vs. 2, then 1 Vs. 3!

Similarly (though more like your situation, where it was Survivors I did not know), I went from a 1 Vs. 1 to a 1 Vs. 4 yesterday, and the lag became progressively worse as each player joined. I had no way of knowing if they were affected by the same lag I was, but I only manged to win at the end due to a lag-fueled Horde Spit Smash. Again, I don't mind if people join, but if the additional players can't connect in a stable manner, why let them connect at all?

The host of the survivor party sets the options for this just like in regular co-op.  More players mean quicker level ups!  Use it to your advantage!

But how? He said he had very little moves and said the others were hunting him down.

More players mean quicker skill recharge and increased UV resistance.  There should be more interaction, GPs, Spits, pounce attempts etc. all of which give the Hunter level ups.  I gain levels way faster in a 4v1 vs a 1v1.  Frequently 2 levels in a single match.

More players mean quicker skill recharge and increased UV resistance.  There should be more interaction, GPs, Spits, pounce attempts etc. all of which give the Hunter level ups.  I gain levels way faster in a 4v1 vs a 1v1.  Frequently 2 levels in a single match.

I understand that's fast and all, but why go through the annoyance just to get a faster level up? Just to level up another 55 times then mutate, AGAIN. 

Why can't we at least get the option too?

Everyone cannot have the option as individual settings would conflict with each other.  Only one person can set that option and that person is the host of the survivor party.

That makes sense, I guess it would be a bit odd if we could force other players to not have their friends join. Especially in this multiplayer mode.

Could I ask - what does setting the mode to "Private" do when you're in the Night Hunter menu? If I'm the Hunter, does it stop players on my own Friends List from seeing me on and/or joining ongoing matches against me?

The host of the survivor party sets the options for this just like in regular co-op.  More players mean quicker level ups!  Use it to your advantage!

um, well no not really when you have no tackle, no UV shield, and have just a pounce a 1 spit.... That's the point, a newly mutated hunter looking to do a couple 1:1 matches should be able to do that. There is no reason at all that can't be coded and coded easily.

Everyone cannot have the option as individual settings would conflict with each other.  Only one person can set that option and that person is the host of the survivor party.

Um of COURSE they can. This would be very very easy to code. When the NH joins, the Host reads information from the NH's game (clearly it reads what powers the NH has for instance). Sending over 1 addition flag (allow join / not allow join) would not be much.

There would be no conflict. Join would be allowed if Host Flag = yes AND NH flag = yes. Otherwise human coop is set to "no" for the duration of the NH encounter.

This only stops joins DURING the NH encounter, so if people want to play with friends they can, if they are playing together when the NH joins, at least everyone knows whats up, if they are playing alone when the NH joins then clearly they were playing alone and stopping joins isn't a big deal.

Edited by Shockwave

Having the Hunter impose restrictions on the Survivors party settings is not something we want for the game mode. The host survivor will always determine the online settings.

then allow a loss free abort for the NH option when someone joins.... that's not too much to ask. give them a pop up  to leave then or accept the outcome later.

then allow a loss free abort for the NH option when someone joins.... that's not too much to ask. give them a pop up to leave then or accept the outcome later.

Most Hunters abort when they are losing anyways... If you feel night Hunters should have restrictions on who joins a game then maybe you should play with just people you know and make sure you are all on the same page about no other human co-ops.

Trust me, Aborting is a "player" thing, not a Night Hunter or Human thing. 50% of the people on the other side of the screen don't want to lose and will D/C no matter what side they're controlling. <_<

I guess that's a solution, someone joins, you can ask them to leave or do a DC and abort, just looking for a reasonable non-cheese way to do it officially. No reason one should join a 1V1 game and then be forced to play a 1V4 game.

I guess that's a solution, someone joins, you can ask them to leave or do a DC and abort, just looking for a reasonable non-cheese way to do it officially. No reason one should join a 1V1 game and then be forced to play a 1V4 game.

I believe there's something in place for this, isn't there? If you don't interact with the Humans/the Humans don't interact with you before you leave, it doesn't count on the record. It's so you can back out if someone's just trolling.

Pete explained it a while back, I'll have to see if I can find it.

Trust me, Aborting is a "player" thing, not a Night Hunter or Human thing. 50% of the people on the other side of the screen don't want to lose and will D/C no matter what side they're controlling. <_<

You're right there, but that's what I see some I play primarily as the Survivor. I still feel as though some players are just looking for a way to target the newer players without them having any kind of assistance considering some don't ever realize the default for invasions is on.

Again, if people really have an issue with 1v1s turning into 1v4s then the solution there is to talk to whomever you are playing with and get on the same page about human co-ops.