Sign in to follow this  
Toby

I Have Took Part Of Buggy Frenzy But I Just Received A "little Rising Sun Paint Job"

I spend hours and smashed 4200+ zombies before 5 million goal has reached, but I just received "Little rising sun" paint job and a purple weapon .

Where is the gold paint job? I'm looking forward about two days .... Can I also receive the gold skin ?

Same here. I also checked the STEAM forums and it seems everyone has the 'Little Rising Sun' paint job (which to be honest isn't all that great) and various weapons. I received an orange stamping sledge hammer which I actually like so I'm happy about the weapon but where's the promised paint job?

It could be that the user with the most zombies run over gets the gold paint job but if that's the case then it could have been made a little clearer. I thought one had to simply take part in order to get the gold paint?

Here's the wording from the bounties web page:

REWARDS
  • Take part in the event to receive a Special Weapon Docket
  • Help the community reach the goal of 5 million zombies smashed to win the Gold Buggy paintjob
  • http://dyinglightgame.com/bounties/
Edited by kemical

If they means only the user who run over the most zombies can gets the gold skin I think they should be made more clear.

They need my help to reach the goal and I spend hours and missed some important things to help them, finally they said :you just smash 4000 so you can't get it !  What the hell ?

I haven't received anything yet 😕. Been on 3 times since 1700 GMT. Smashed my fair share, even took a screenshot just in case something like this happened. But I'm guessing Techland are looking into it and hopefully going to sort it soon.

Edit.........

Dockets came in. The Little Rising Sun Paint Job and a Strikers Bat.

Edited by rjkingstudio

I did a Google search on the community bounty just to see if anything had been written about it and this article does seem to confirm (this isn't the only one either) that one had to simply take part in order to get the Gold paint job:

Developer Techland offers players of Dying Light: The Followinga dune buggy with a gold paint job as a reward for completing an upcoming challenge in the game.

Techland has officially unveiled the first of many Community Bounties for the recently released expansion to its survival-horror title, Dying Light: The Following, which gives its fans the opportunity to work together and nab a gold dune buggy for use in the game. As it happens, the challenge begins this weekend, from March 19 – 20.

In order to unlock the golden vehicle as a reward in what's being called “Buggy Frenzy,†Dying Lightfans will need to collectively run over at least 5 million zombies in total with their buggies once the Community Bounty begins this Saturday. Interestingly enough, though, whether or not the goal goes on to be met once the weekend's over, Techland has at least promised to give all who take part in the event a special weapon docket.

Reference:

http://gamerant.com/dying-light-gold-buggy/

"...which gives its fans the opportunity to work together and nab a gold dune buggy for use in the game..."

Maybe only one person can use it at a time and you can only drive it if you encounter it in a match.  ;)

It would be cool if it were given to one individual and then it spread like a virus exponentially; similar to what Rockstar has done in the past.