Sign in to follow this  
VanuCultist

Buggy Grab Needs To Be Fixed

Currently the buggy grab has some issues:

- The controls are a quicktime event, this is just clunky. And people with membrane keyboards don't perform as well as people with mechanical keyboards. It's just not precise, also it's very slow to hop off after you hit it.  

- UV block doesn't block the UV headlights.

The attacks should be a single press, just with a short cooldown, and it shouldn't take so long to be able to jump off after an attack.  And of course, UV block should stop the UV headlights from being activated.

Edited by VanuCultist

As of right now you only need 3 buggy grab smash to kill a full health survivor, 1 or 2 smash if their health is not full, so it's not a small damage.

and the passenger of the buggy could instant dead too, like yesterday i was the passenger and the driver ran through a pipe that it's a bit higher than the buggy, since half of my body and head are outside the buggy so i can shoot using my gun, my head hit the pipe and it split my head from my body and instant death for me. and i have also some experience that the passenger die instantly when the driver hop out while the buggy still running and crash to something

and electric cage damage is minuscule, so it's really not a bother to a hunter

what they need to change is when the buggy is upside down either from gp/tackle/crashing to something and the driver stay inside the buggy, it's hard to kill the driver, as i don't know how many GP/Tackle/Claw i have used. as it seem the buggy soften the damage and the human health only get reduced by small amount. i know i can just use horde spit, but when it happen i don't have any spit left

Shoot the Buggy with Horde Spit, then Pounce it. Puts the Human in a very precarious situation if they've driven too far out into the boonies in an effort to escape the Horde. They can either stay in and die or risk running on foot from the Horde!

I found it much easier to run on land from the horde instead of the buggy.

I prefer a UV spit instead, because when they get out you have a free pounce.

And if they turn on the UV safezone jump off and ground pound.

I found it much easier to run on land from the horde instead of the buggy.

I prefer a UV spit instead, because when they get out you have a free pounce.

And if they turn on the UV safezone jump off and ground pound.

I mostly use Horde, since it has a good secondary effect as well. If I see a car coming in to ram Nests and I don't want to deal with grappling it, I pop the Horde Spit on it and watch them drive off into the sunset at breakneck speeds. Makes for a great long-distance separator in 1 Vs. 2+! Then you just focus on the other guy.

Currently the buggy grab has some issues:

- The controls are a quicktime event, this is just clunky. And people with membrane keyboards don't perform as well as people with mechanical keyboards. It's just not precise, also it's very slow to hop off after you hit it.  

- UV block doesn't block the UV headlights.

The attacks should be a single press, just with a short cooldown, and it shouldn't take so long to be able to jump off after an attack.  And of course, UV block should stop the UV headlights from being activated.

Kind of agree with that last point. It seems weird to grapple onto a Humans' Buggy and just sort of... "Spam X" for 5 seconds. It seems to take a while before the Hunter can "Smash" the Human, and it's the same button layout as Howl, so I almost always end up Howling first for no reason.

Interactions with the Human in the Buggy, in general, seem a bit odd. You really can't damage people in Buggies well at all. I Tackled a Buggy 4 times in a row the other day, trying to keep him still until my Spits recharged, and the 4th Tackle actually spun him in the direction he wanted to go and he just drove off.

There could definitely be a more direct way to damage/interact with Humans in Buggies, I think.

buggy grab itself doesn't deal damage to survivor, but by grabbing the buggy you can smash the survivor, most survivor that know how to play usually bails at that time so when you see the driver bails then you must quickly bails too so you don't get hit from outside of the buggy, also when the driver bails when the buggy still running it will reduce their health

for me as hunter i more prefer using tendril to after them when i see the driver keep bailing when i grab the buggy, and quickly do a tackle or GP when you can get in front of the buggy or throw a spit when they crash to something, since the driver can just crash to a spike especially near the nest where there's many spike.

buggy grab works wonder when they got spit first by uv spit, so it the driver bails you will get an easy pounce

I'm still not getting what the buggy grab does.   I grab the buggy, the driver bails, and I die?  I don't get it.

Edited by Nova Scotia