Sign in to follow this  
Deleted_Account

Dodges Should Use Stamina To Prevent Tackle Immunity

Problem: Currently the survivor can spam dodges (with minimal timing) to become completely immune from any tackles, and almost immune from even very well aimed spits. (I admit to doing this myself, sorry hunters)

Possible Solution: An elegant solution to this problem would be to make dodges use stamina. Successful evades shouldn't use stamina, actually they should refill stamina to max. (to prevent the hunter from just tackling until the player runs out of stamina). (You wouldn't be able to evade a tackle at 0 stamina)

This would make it so that the survivor(s) need to put at least SOME thought into dodging, and not just spam it wildly, this would make it so that if the Hunter is quick enough he can catch a human off guard.

Edited by VanuCultist

I go back and forth on the Dodge/stamina issue.

It's very similar to Flamming, which was nerfed almost solely because of the Duping issue and there being 0 consequence to throwing them willy-nilly. Dodge is relatable, but much like Flares, there are people who use it often and skillfully, and there are others who just spam Dodge instead of walking.

Dodge was never really meant to have a consequence, though, besides the obvious "I know where you're going to land so I'm just going to shoot there" prediction (especially useful when they Dodge backward - just shoot straight!). Flares were supposed to be something players worked for and had to decide if they wanted to possibly empty their inventory during a match. I know the go-to response is to mention that many people have hundreds of Flares just through normal gameplay, but pre-patch I once watched a group throw approximately 200 Flares each during a match. 430-something total. Thousands of Flares takes time to farm and craft, and the idea of working for items was a bit too much for some players, so they resorted to cheating. Duping caused an unfair game state and the cooldowns were applied appropriately, which is unfortunate, because despite being 100% necessary it punished players who didn't cheat.

Dodging... I'm not sure if it needs the cooldown - and if it does, it would have to be very, very minimal, because when a Hunter is chasing you, something like 3 Dodges and then a 5-10 second cooldown is going to get them murdered every single time.

I don't think there was any problem with flare cooldowns, you shouldn't be able to save up stuff to get a large unfair advantage. 

3 dodges and a 10 second cooldown is too extreme, I was thinking 5 dodges and a 3 second cooldown. 

It definitly needs to be patched because it can just be spammed, an alternative would be to make tackle much harder to dodge, but I woud definitly NOT want that, that is the kind of change that would punish legit players.

i don't agree with this, as there are still a way to counter it.

Problem: Currently the hunter can spam tackles (with minimal timing) to become completely immune from any dodges, and almost immune from even very well aimed spits. (I admit to doing this myself, sorry hunters)

Possible Solution: An elegant solution to this problem would be to make tackles use stamina. Successful evades shouldn't use stamina, actually they should refill stamina to max. (to prevent the hunter from just tackling until the player runs out of stamina). (You wouldn't be able to evade a tackle at 0 stamina)

This would make it so that the survivor(s) need to put at least SOME thought into dodging, and not just spam it wildly, this would make it so that if the Hunter is quick enough he can catch a human off guard.