TGsDonReady

Ground Pound Miss...death Sentence

I cannot be the only one on here who thinks that maybe, just maybe, shaving a second, or even half a second, off the recovery time for a missed ground pound would be a bad thing. As all NH players know, a missed GP is a certain death sentence. Quite honestly, this would be the only major thing in my opinion that I would actually change. Let the survivors keep their 9000 flares and medkits. Spam dodge all you want, UV all you want, I don't care. The GP is the NH's main attack for almost anything. But one miss, and it's open season on NH. Now I have trained myself to try to be more conservative and more aware of when a GP is needed. However, it has become a necessity. And I won't lie, I do spam the hell out of it on occasion because that's the only thing that may work from time to time. Opinions? Thoughts? Is this not an issue with other avid NH players?

I cannot be the only one on here who thinks that maybe, just maybe, shaving a second, or even half a second, off the recovery time for a missed ground pound would be a bad thing. As all NH players know, a missed GP is a certain death sentence. Quite honestly, this would be the only major thing in my opinion that I would actually change. Let the survivors keep their 9000 flares and medkits. Spam dodge all you want, UV all you want, I don't care. The GP is the NH's main attack for almost anything. But one miss, and it's open season on NH. Now I have trained myself to try to be more conservative and more aware of when a GP is needed. However, it has become a necessity. And I won't lie, I do spam the hell out of it on occasion because that's the only thing that may work from time to time. Opinions? Thoughts? Is this not an issue with other avid NH p

If lag didn't exist, I think the penalty would be fine. But here in the real world it can be pretty hard to time with the desync. They can't fix it and it happens to everyone at some point so for that reason I think it is bad and should be reduced so even with the desync, the NH would get a chance to escape.

If lag didn't exist, I think the penalty would be fine. But here in the real world it can be pretty hard to time with the desync. They can't fix it and it happens to everyone at some point so for that reason I think it is bad and should be reduced so even with the desync, the NH would get a chance to escape.

I don't know, I have complained about other things on the NH side and especially the survivors side, but I've made my peace with all the BS, found ways to work around the flares, time the UV shield perfectly, I've even started baiting people into draining their lights, then hitting em with a surprise spit smash (if I'm quick enough). I just haven't seen this one topic discussed, to my knowledge.

I don't know, I have complained about other things on the NH side and especially the survivors side, but I've made my peace with all the BS, found ways to work around the flares, time the UV shield perfectly, I've even started baiting people into draining their lights, then hitting em with a surprise spit smash (if I'm quick enough). I just haven't seen this one topic discussed, to my knowledge.

I've seen plenty of people complain about the ground pounds, hunters complain about the penalty, survivors complain about spamming it. A human tackle and heavy weapons are pretty effective against the spammers plus the fact that hunters spamming it are gonna miss eventually. But if you think about it, humans don't have any skill that would cause them a guaranteed death. In a 1v1 situation that would be balanced since the hunter is at an advantage if they manage to land UV or suppressor spit. But if you think about 4v1, the hunter really shouldn't have so severe penalties. Sounds like you like to play 1v1 or 1v2, the draining light tactic is pretty effective but that only works well against one or maybe two opponents. The second survivor can always back off and shine their light on you while you're trying to fight the other human. But lets think of a 4v1 situation, the hunter really can't afford to miss a GP,  which becomes a problem if there is any lag on the game. 

Perhaps it's not discussed much because that recovery time is part of "amazing offensive ability with high output- poor defense" character of hunter. It's a defining characteristic. Change this to the extent that it matters in terms of outcome of game play, and you're talking about a different game.

the problem is that at the base, the ground pound is a defensive tool. it's used as offensive skill (spamming) because the survivors dodge other attacks with much ease.

NH needs other skills to counter ground-pound spam.

(I don't want a hunter who wins all his games, I just wish more gameplay options for him.)

I've seen plenty of people complain about the ground pounds, hunters complain about the penalty, survivors complain about spamming it. A human tackle and heavy weapons are pretty effective against the spammers plus the fact that hunters spamming it are gonna miss eventually. But if you think about it, humans don't have any skill that would cause them a guaranteed death. In a 1v1 situation that would be balanced since the hunter is at an advantage if they manage to land UV or suppressor spit. But if you think about 4v1, the hunter really shouldn't have so severe penalties. Sounds like you like to play 1v1 or 1v2, the draining light tactic is pretty effective but that only works well against one or maybe two opponents. The second survivor can always back off and shine their light on you while you're trying to fight the other human. But lets think of a 4v1 situation, the hunter really can't afford to miss a GP, which becomes a problem if there is any lag on the game.

9 times out of 10 there is lag or latency issues. Also, I really do enjoy a bigger game. 1v3 or 1v4. The 1v2 has become a survivor standing on light post while the other shines ya to death. I've actually practiced trying to GP on top of a streetlight. Not the easiest to master.

the problem is that at the base, the ground pound is a defensive tool. it's used as offensive skill (spamming) because the survivors dodge other attacks with much ease.

NH needs other skills to counter ground-pound spam.

(I don't want a hunter who wins all his games, I just wish more gameplay options for him.)

More gameplay options would be nice. Change up the style.