Jcorella17

[Removed]

my opinion is let them be. having maxed level hunter doesn't make the player skilled

and it would be funny to see a max hunter who doesn't know how to play :D

beside having high rank means they will be in elite pool matchmaking so their opponent will easily beat them :D

my opinion is let them be. having maxed level hunter doesn't make the player skilled

beside having high rank means they will be in elite pool matchmaking so their opponent will easily beat them :D

This was what I was thinking... Yea it's kind of lame they didn't put any work into the Hunter but they aren't doing themselves any kind of favors by downloading other people's game saves. Picking those people out will be pretty easy for Ultimate Survivors

some players download max level apex predators and do let even have to put in effort to keep it. Please make it so only he owner of the save can load it.

That is not really an issue, having NH trained with your blood to the end is for your pleasure only.

Besides, loading NH Apex Predator save state or Ultimate Survivor doesn't make you good or you gain any advantage (as somebody mentioned, you will be paired against high level survivors and propably pulverized at 99% times, unless you are really good). It's not like the survivors are fair either even without save states loadings, two days after the following i fought 250 level survivor. Is it fair that some would have to put 100 hours to reach lvl250 and second one did it in few seconds? Nope! Do somebody really care about this? Nope. Did Techland care about survivors being in possesion of thousands of relief packages when releasing The Following? Certainly NO! If they don't care, then your concern is futile.

Exactly.

And for now, if they are in the elite pool they will get less games so there is auto-punishment. :P

Exactly.

And for now, if they are in the elite pool they will get less games so there is auto-punishment. :P

:huh: Aren't the pools based on wins? I can be an Apex and still face new players days after a reset.

Actually, that's an interesting thought - will the Save file they're ripping the data from be locked into a high tier? DO they automatically inherit that tier? PC is an odd place.

Really what you need to be worried about is someone editing their save to be mutant level 3 with all the skills and low rank.

When that save file starts getting traded around you need to be worried.

I hate to be that guy but duping items is roughly equivalent to trading save files for the NH.

:huh: Aren't the pools based on wins? I can be an Apex and still face new players days after a reset.

Actually, that's an interesting thought - will the Save file they're ripping the data from be locked into a high tier? DO they automatically inherit that tier? PC is an odd place.

As far as i noticed, it's based on hunter level. If you mutate, you have level 0 and low ranked players appears on the game list.

It's their much hyped ELO system with different pools which supposedly reflects skill. But every ranking algorithm has to face the constraints of mathematics and logic; and therefore can be tricked by someone with a brain, which is why I've always advocated player profiles with multiple stats.

To test the ranking/matchmaking informally, with no guarantee of correctness, I pulled my Apex hunter out and did some training with survivors that have way more hours clocked than me. So my hunter got beaten up dozens of times, but the real treat was that the next day I had access to so many games, I couldn't believe it. Then I joined a couple of them and folks just quit/aborted on me until... yup, you guessed it: no more games and the usual waiting game.

So I don't know for sure, but it seems like my ranking dropped enough for matchmaking to have pity on my hunter, bumping me down a lower pool, which resulted in the same outcome as the matchmaking menu trick somebody showed in the exploit thread a few days ago: much more available matches and less hunters beating me to it. It would be nice to have access to the larger pool of games and make up your own mind on who, with what kind of profile, you'd want to play.

And potential abuse can't be much of an argument against this, because that abuse already happens and is made more likely when the only thing people know about their opponents is some silly rank name or a couple of green boxes or whatever.

The weird thing is that people who do put their precious time into the game will end up in some higher pool to... play less games.

The weird thing is that people who do put their precious time into the game will end up in some higher pool to... play less games.

The ELO pools certainly work, but they work... "Too well." There's far fewer Ultimate Survivors than good Night Hunters, so if we get to the higher pools, we're left with much lower options. And the game doesn't want to budge in most cases, so we get the Blank Screen of Boredom. It does not make for good Night Hunter Twitch Streams, let me tell ya.

I believe Pete mentioned that the pools were widened, but I feel more like the game sees if you're not finding anyone and says, "F#$% it, find someone lower" if you just wait on the same server drop-down list (without manually resetting) after a few minutes.

Which, itself, is kind of lame when you just want to play a game, but the only person who keeps popping up on your list either can't be connected to or D/C's the moment the match starts. You have to wait for a good while before anyone else pops up.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I wish "Quick Join" ignored ELO pools. If I just want to have a match lickety-split, I can get one - no sitting around waiting to play. If I want to choose my battles and not pull the slot machine, I can run through the server drop-down and pick a Green-Bar player.

XBox doesn't even have the server. I can't even imagine how you play on it. This is a rare example, but I once tried Quick Join 14 times in a row, and each time it joined the same person, who my game couldn't connect to and just made a loud sound in my headphones after the loading screen. I don't see the point of it if it doesn't just pick someone I can actually play - if the guy's on my server drop-down and I can't play him, why would Quick Join do the same thing?

Console peasentry problems.

At least you don't have less hackers compared to the PC community

We can't all be part of the Master Race! B)

But seriously, I'm happy being on console. People hanging out in walls bugs me enough - I can't imagine starting a game, only to have someone insta-kill all the nests and then taunt me in Russian.

Then again, apparently I can sell my Apex and make a pretty profit..?  :ph34r: 

Matchmaking is the same on pc and ps4, the only thing that's different is the player base.

I'm pretty sure "console peasants" have way more people playing in the lower elo pool. I just tested today on PC, no games found on my widow maker and 1 game found on fresh level 0 night hunter. Yes, one, and they quit before the match started so they probably just started and didn't know how to turn invasions off. And yeah I agree with Vektor, wait 15 minutes and find the top human survivors depending on the time. Oh yeah, my widow maker is level 15 so it's fun trying to level up against these top players.