Sign in to follow this  
XeNoN

Your Prefered Spits And Tactics That Involve With Them

I say UV suppressor. Go for UV protection followed by spit smash and pounce for the kill..

So much to even get 1 down lol

Pretty basic combo but i didnt asked for combo i asked about spits :P. hehe

The best time to spit on the survivor is when he can't easily dodge it.

Interestingly enough this occurs right after he dropkicks you. I see a lot of survivors who love to dropkick and it's really easy to hit them with a horde or UV spit right after you allow them to dropkick you.

It's not quite 100% because sometimes the terrain prevents it but in most circumstances getting hit by a dropkick gives you room for a free spit. Just be sure to jump and  tendril immediately so he can't follow up with a killing hit. Most of the time the horde spit is kinda junky but for some reason a lot of people get panicked when you hit them with it and back off a bit. There is some natural inclination to run 2-3 seconds too long before looking around with the light.

The same thing goes for a groundpound. You can usually hit with a free spit if you land the pound on street level. The full combo is something like pound, spit tackle, claw (2x).

The same thing goes for a groundpound. You can usually hit with a free spit if you land the pound on street level. The full combo is something like pound, spit tackle, claw (2x).

I can definitely agree that this works wonders. Using everything at your disposal really messes people up!

Clawing after a UV Spit is a really underutilized tactic, in my opinion. Everyone expects a Pounce and goes for the Flam. If you begin immediately you can get three claws off before they throw the flare. If you can keep them in range, they can rarely kill you in time if you just keep going, especially if their answers is to try to Dodge away and heal.

It's dependent on how the Human reacts, but it works wonders most of the time and sets a fearful, anti-Flare precedent for the rest of the match.

I can definitely agree that this works wonders. Using everything at your disposal really messes people up!

Clawing after a UV Spit is a really underutilized tactic, in my opinion. Everyone expects a Pounce and goes for the Flam. If you begin immediately you can get three claws off before they throw the flare. If you can keep them in range, they can rarely kill you in time if you just keep going, especially if their answers is to try to Dodge away and heal.

It's dependent on how the Human reacts, but it works wonders most of the time and sets a fearful, anti-Flare precedent for the rest of the match.

And again this only works for 1v1, if its 2v1+ the other human will be shining their light on you so the first human isn't gonna expect a pounce, It seems like every tactic given by hunters on this forum is only valid for 1v1. And if I was in that situation as human (you used an UV spit, know that I can't avoid it") I'd shine my light on you and switch to flares just before the spit explodes.Throw one, stay in it for a few seconds until I can throw another, throw it and stay between the 2 flares and at this point it'd take you some thinking to land a horde spit (or a toxic spit?) to move me away from those flares. Most likely it would take you long enough to allow another flare to be thrown and if you managed to land the horde spit I'd have another flare ready. And as long as the hunter doesn't have full energy, I'd just grapple away and heal (on normal mode ofc!) while you're trying to catch me and land a perfect hit. (landing a hit after tendril is kinda hard, no ;)? It might some skill to pull this off as a human, but it takes a least twice to counter it as a hunter, and there's the problem with BTZ.

And again this only works for 1v1, if its 2v1+ the other human will be shining their light on you so the first human isn't gonna expect a pounce, It seems like every tactic given by hunters on this forum is only valid for 1v1. And if I was in that situation as human (you used an UV spit, know that I can't avoid it") I'd shine my light on you and switch to flares just before the spit explodes.Throw one, stay in it for a few seconds until I can throw another, throw it and stay between the 2 flares and at this point it'd take you some thinking to land a horde spit (or a toxic spit?) to move me away from those flares. Most likely it would take you long enough to allow another flare to be thrown and if you managed to land the horde spit I'd have another flare ready. And as long as the hunter doesn't have full energy, I'd just grapple away and heal (on normal mode ofc!) while you're trying to catch me and land a perfect hit. (landing a hit after tendril is kinda hard, no ;)? It might some skill to pull this off as a human, but it takes a least twice to counter it as a hunter, and there's the problem with BTZ.

I actually agree, the UV Spit + Clawpocalypse combo is really more of a 1 Vs. 1, or if you manage to split up players via distance/death. Their partner(s') UV Light will slow you down regardless and make it harder to overcome the backwards-Dodge + Healing.

However, there's a few ways to get around this. The obvious note is that Spits recharge more quickly in multi-player matches, so wasting, say, a Horde Spit to distract one of the other players (regardless of whether or not you have any intention of killing him) isn't a bad plan. You can then follow up on the remaining player, or double-up on the Horde-Spat player and keep the high ground to avoid DFAs.

I've said it before, but Horde is invaluable in 1 Vs. 2+. It should be the go-to Spit over UV and is your best way to even the odds. Yea, Horde sucks sometimes, but it's AI - it happens. Properly distracting teams of Humans to split them up is what the Night Hunter should be doing if he wants to succeed against multiple players. And, honestly, you're playing 2+ people at once - why not add a few more players to your side of the team?

It's also good to note that, if players aren't sporting Camo Potions (which require an absurd amount of ingredients if duping isn't a factor), using Horde Spit just before you know you're going to die is a great way to prevent a "1 Death = 1 Nest" situation.

Whenever a survivor is  camping in a higher ground to make a DFA or range attacks:

http://xboxclips.com/XX%20Fausto/d1fbc36c-0df5-4974-9e74-3af4c2a2cb01/embed

Is not always work. Not all humans climb up to the #2 of the highest tower in Old Town, experienced Human player can block spit with shield or jump down and use Grapple Hook for back on the tower.

Last time I try make my Night Hunter as bait. Human jump with DfA (Death from Above) and I block it with Tackle. Human get Tackle damage and doubled Fall Damage. Never work when 2 or more players jump with DfA. After DfA block Human and Hunter can't make any move by 2 sec.