Sign in to follow this  
CDCvsCIA

Btz Imbalance Fix

Why is nothing being suggested to something so simple as flares per match. Each survivor gets a set number of flares per match. You only use em when you need em. Once you throw all your allowed for that match, guess what, should've been more conservative. I just played a match 3v1, each survivor threw 80 plus flares. That's over 240 flares for that match. That's unbalanced. How I won, it's a miracle.

Flares dont matter really. Good survivors will never fall for a pounce anyways unless you make a succesfull tackle and pounce before the flare, that is if the UV spit was succesfull

The dev collected stat from dozen if not hundreds of players, and you only base it on you and your friend and the dev is wrong.. right :D

Devs ARE wrong on this one. Equally skilled players will still end up having NH losing because its how it is. I have a friend of mine that will always lose as a NH against me, oddly I will always lose to him as a NH.

240 flare do sound excessive do you have screenshot for that? like how long is the match is. etc

flare per match will make the game one sided to the hunter favor, since hunter can disable the human uv light and forcing them to use flare.

beside the flare have already have a cool down which also has been changed from 40% to 60% in past patch, meaning using two flare simultaneously will make them go to a cooldown.

Why is nothing being suggested to something so simple as flares per match. Each survivor gets a set number of flares per match. You only use em when you need em. Once you throw all your allowed for that match, guess what, should've been more conservative. I just played a match 3v1, each survivor threw 80 plus flares. That's over 240 flares for that match. That's unbalanced. How I won, it's a miracle.

and i agree with DoctorPurrington, rather than keep complaining asking for nerf or buff, why don't you guys share your video where you lose the match and talk about that to see where and what you can do to improve your chance to win.

1. Removal of survival sense and howl alltogether

3. Tackle CANT be skipped to match dropkick and groind pound penality reduced.

:mellow: I don't even try to hide anymore, unless I'm using Sense Suppression Spit. It's better to just play with the mindset that the Human knows where you are, and that the Human knows you know where he is. "Stealth" in this mode is on an as-needed basis Vs. being a game-long strategy. My playstyle changed considerably once I started favoring situations in which the Humans are distracted to attack from a distance, which far outweighs attempting to sneak around during actual confrontations.

Humans tend to ignore you and focus on the objective (save for designated distractions), even if you're pressuring them from a medium distance, much less if you're far away enough for them to not need the UV Light equipped. Get in their faces. Show them who's boss. Be a monster! It makes the mode surprisingly fun.

I would definitely say Tackle should not be unavoidable. Maybe the invulnerability frames of Dodge could be tweaked, but GP is already frequent enough as it is, and Drop Kick doesn't have anywhere near the magnetism it used to. Even Ultimate Survivors whiff if you sidestep enough nowadays. It's not the end-all lock-on it used to be, unless latency is causing issues.

I do agree however when you beat a dropkick with a tackle they still dodge it.

It should be unavoidable if you beat a dropkick with a tackle.

They do? I can't say whether or not I've had this happen, but I can tell when Tackle beats out Drop Kick due to the slight "blip" in the animation beforehand. From my perspective I've never had a Tackle that beat out a Drop Kick be dodged, but I've also only been able to identify a few times in which the Tackle > Drop Kick actually happened.

You can see it happen at about 3:25 in this video. He's in mid-air, and the animations clash for a moment before Tackle connects.

Sorry I don't have a shorter example on hand!

i don't think it's possible to dodge when the hunter manage to tackle them while they are in dropkick animaton

i think i remember that the dev said now drop kick require commitment so if it failed, you can't do anything until the animation complete which should be meaning you can't dodge the tackle

I do agree however when you beat a dropkick with a tackle they still dodge it.
It should be unavoidable if you beat a dropkick with a tackle.

i think i remember that the dev said now drop kick require commitment so if it failed, you can't do anything until the animation complete which should be meaning you can't dodge the tackle

Agreed that they're locked in the animation (Humans will sort of flop over if they miss), but I think you're referring to the "Death from Above," which was recently patched so people could no longer roll out of failed attempts! Drop Kick always left people vulnerable if they messed up - I believe the magnetism was just toned down.

Actually I just tested it and it's very possible to dodge the tackle while in the dropkick animation.

I got to the point where the survivor already had his feet out and he still managed to dodge the tackle.

Actually I just tested it and it's very possible to dodge the tackle while in the dropkick animation.

I got to the point where the survivor already had his feet out and he still managed to dodge the tackle.

I believe you, I just don't see how that could be intended or what could be causing it. I would bring it up in the glitches thread if I were you to bring it to the Devs attention, particularly with a video alongside the comment. Can't imagine how/why a mechanic intended to extend priority would include a "miss" timing to negate that same advantage.

It's most likely because it put you in the tackle animation and let's you dodge during it.

Drop kick should put you in the air though technically making it impossible to dodge the tackle. It should be the same as if a survivor was grappling up to a ledge.

From a skill standpoint, I believe the game's relatively balanced as-is.

The Devs remind us regularly that the Night Hunter wins more games than Humans do. I'm sure there are a lot of mitigating circumstances that lead to this, but overall, we're winning against Humans more than we're losing. We no longer have to enter a game and prepare for absurd scenarios like, "Will the Human play?" "Will he be under the map/behind a wall forever?" "Will he use a OHKO exploit?" I think that's a good thing, albeit a thing we should never had had to deal with in the first place.

It took a while, but those barriers are gone. There are still a few exploits around, but nothing as game-ending as the complete inability to play the mode.

Overall, I believe we're as close as we've ever been to the place we should have been at launch - skill Vs. skill. Yes, Humans can Flam and Dodge and hop with impunity, but NHs have been given the tools necessary to fight through many of the adversities put before us.

Rather than discussing what the men behind the curtain can do to pad our experiences, we should be asking the real question: "What can I, as a player, do differently to break through the barriers X, Y, and Z?"

I'm going to have to disagree with you on the idea that the skills are balanced at least when it comes to match making. A survivor with all the skills is about 3x as powerful as one who is 1 skill away from maxing all the trees. Why exactly can you only find matches as the NH against survivors who have all the skills when you're 6-8+ skills away from finishing the tree? That's not fair.  Most of the NH skills you need to fight through things like Dropkick spam/flare spam are behind a skillpoint barrier.

And there's still no mechanism to deal with people who are using duped items. Sorry but I really feel there should be either a hardcode limit on item use OR they should implement a system where the humans are encouraged not to use items because it makes the NH stronger.

The win precentages as a blanket document really don't mean much. You'll win 85-90% of matches as the NH due to people accidently leaving the mode on, quitters (NH gets a victory for free), and people who have just started the game.

NH vs 3-4 end tier surivors is pretty much 100% guaranteed loss. On the other hand NH vs 1 survivor is a toss up.

The game is not balanced (the rubberband handicap system sucks) and ends up being a "not fun" experience as the NH in the long run on the later mutations.

I'm going to have to disagree with you on the idea that the skills are balanced at least when it comes to match making. A survivor with all the skills is about 3x as powerful as one who is 1 skill away from maxing all the trees. Why exactly can you only find matches as the NH against survivors who have all the skills when you're 6-8+ skills away from finishing the tree? That's not fair.  Most of the NH skills you need to fight through things like Dropkick spam/flare spam are behind a skillpoint barrier.

And there's still no mechanism to deal with people who are using duped items. Sorry but I really feel there should be either a hardcode limit on item use OR they should implement a system where the humans are encouraged not to use items because it makes the NH stronger.

The win precentages as a blanket document really don't mean much. You'll win 85-90% of matches as the NH due to people accidently leaving the mode on, quitters (NH gets a victory for free), and people who have just started the game.

NH vs 3-4 end tier surivors is pretty much 100% guaranteed loss. On the other hand NH vs 1 survivor is a toss up.

The game is not balanced (the rubberband handicap system sucks) and ends up being a "not fun" experience as the NH in the long run on the later mutations.

I do hate duping - hate it with a passion - but the damage has been done. Treyarch isn't going to rip items out of people's inventories, and they can't punish every player with item limits just because others decided to cheat. They've already done it with Flares, which the people I know who don't dupe can tell you makes for frustrating moments.

Trust me when I say I wholeheartedly agree with you, but it's simply not going to happen and we can't keep expecting it to.

I do still believe the mode is considerably skill-based now, but you bring up a good point on the talent trees. However, the game goes in "tiers" based on your wins and levels. It wouldn't pit you or any other NH against tough opponents if it didn't already see you winning often. Continuous losses drops your rank, and consequently your tier of opponents. More wins puts you in a higher tier, and even wins/losses leave you where you are. There are ways to get around the ELO, but nothing legitimate.