rjkingstudio

I'm Left A Unsure About This Latest Patch?

I will start by saying I love dying light and have committed over 180hrs to it thus far. I have worked hard to get my legend level up and to collect high damage weapons. (Running around the Slums for hours to find a blue shield guy so I can repair them). I can't moan about the game. I see people saying about frame rate etc I grew up with an N64 I'm not bothered about that stuff or being stuck on 98%. What has made me unsure is my high tier weapons are now weak. The game was hard with them strong now it's back to day one. My second point is why can't I share so DROPs with my friends I have amassed a few 25 or so I wanted to give them to a couple of my work mates who for weeks I have been persuading to buy the game. With the promise that I can help them though the early stages. But I was left a little embarrassed when I couldn't deliver. Can you guys please re- think this as I see I'm not the only person with these concerns. I think I'm going to take a break from the game for a while.

They patch broke more than it fixed. Here's what changes I've noticed that aren't listed in the patch notes:

-Can't share crate drops (This was due to players duplicating them to max their Legendary Level in a short period of time)

-Legendary Firearm skill nerfed. I was hoping they'd balance out the weapons on Nightmare by increasing the bonus to melee/throwing while slightly lowering the Firearm bonus. Instead they nerfed Firearms hard so know your damage output will never be high enough to fight the Infected on Nightmare.. At this point what's the point in Legendary Levels? Our characters are already strong enough to fight the Infected on Normal/Hard. I figured the skills would eventually allow players to be almost as powerful against the Infected on Nightmare as they are on Hard once one of the damage skill was maxed, but that's not the case now.

-Survive the Night Bonus Exp. Prior to the patch I was getting a few hundred thousand experience for staying out the entire night. Now I receive 0 exp for surviving the night. What's the point in playing at night when: 1.) We don't receive the survival bonus and 2.) We'll never be strong enough to fight the Night Hunters and Volatiles on Nightmare due to the nerf. The double Agility exp is hardly worth anything, so farming The Stuffed Turtle and turning in the Disaster Relief Packages is the only good way of farming Legendary exp now. (Hopefully they don't lower the Exp Reward for turning in Relief Packages in the next update....)

-Loot drop rates. After the Enhanced Edition patch I found 1 gold weapon and a handful of Orange weapons in GRE quarantine chests on Nightmare. After the latest patch I'm primarily finding white/green weapons and found 2 blues and 1 purple. This was after 10 runs of Stuffed Turtle (20 chests), and 4 runs of Sunnyside Apartments (20 chests) plus multiple hard/very hard locked containers on the Infamy Bridge on Nightmare. Opening 50+ chests and primarily finding Whites/Greens doesn't feel right compared to before. Of course I could just be having extremely bad luck with the RNG.

-Increased number of Night Hunters. The last few times I tried staying out at night testing the Survive/Escape exp rewards I had 2-3 Night Hunters and 1 Volatile pursuing me each time. Prior to the patch it was usually 1 Night Hunter and 2-3 Volatiles. I'm not sure if this was a result of the patch, or if I just had unlucky spawns.

-The Camouflage skill still doesn't Camouflage the player from Volatiles/Night Hunters

-Community Made Maps. We were supposed to receive 4 yet we can only play 2. The Tunnel is also labeled as Under the City.

I feel like the latest patch did more harm than good.

They patch broke more than it fixed. Here's what changes I've noticed that aren't listed in the patch notes:

-Can't share crate drops (This was due to players duplicating them to max their Legendary Level in a short period of time)

-Legendary Firearm skill nerfed. I was hoping they'd balance out the weapons on Nightmare by increasing the bonus to melee/throwing while slightly lowering the Firearm bonus. Instead they nerfed Firearms hard so know your damage output will never be high enough to fight the Infected on Nightmare.. At this point what's the point in Legendary Levels? Our characters are already strong enough to fight the Infected on Normal/Hard. I figured the skills would eventually allow players to be almost as powerful against the Infected on Nightmare as they are on Hard once one of the damage skill was maxed, but that's not the case now.

-Survive the Night Bonus Exp. Prior to the patch I was getting a few hundred thousand experience for staying out the entire night. Now I receive 0 exp for surviving the night. What's the point in playing at night when: 1.) We don't receive the survival bonus and 2.) We'll never be strong enough to fight the Night Hunters and Volatiles on Nightmare due to the nerf. The double Agility exp is hardly worth anything, so farming The Stuffed Turtle and turning in the Disaster Relief Packages is the only good way of farming Legendary exp now. (Hopefully they don't lower the Exp Reward for turning in Relief Packages in the next update....)

-Loot drop rates. After the Enhanced Edition patch I found 1 gold weapon and a handful of Orange weapons in GRE quarantine chests on Nightmare. After the latest patch I'm primarily finding white/green weapons and found 2 blues and 1 purple. This was after 10 runs of Stuffed Turtle (20 chests), and 4 runs of Sunnyside Apartments (20 chests) plus multiple hard/very hard locked containers on the Infamy Bridge on Nightmare. Opening 50+ chests and primarily finding Whites/Greens doesn't feel right compared to before. Of course I could just be having extremely bad luck with the RNG.

-Increased number of Night Hunters. The last few times I tried staying out at night testing the Survive/Escape exp rewards I had 2-3 Night Hunters and 1 Volatile pursuing me each time. Prior to the patch it was usually 1 Night Hunter and 2-3 Volatiles. I'm not sure if this was a result of the patch, or if I just had unlucky spawns.

-The Camouflage skill still doesn't Camouflage the player from Volatiles/Night Hunters

-Community Made Maps. We were supposed to receive 4 yet we can only play 2. The Tunnel is also labeled as Under the City.

I feel like the latest patch did more harm than good.

Night walkers*   I like the nerf to the legendary gun tree, and i wish the same would happen to the bow tree.   tbh I think nightmare should just be made a bit easier, and hard mode should have normal shops.

Night walkers* I like the nerf to the legendary gun tree, and i wish the same would happen to the bow tree. tbh I think nightmare should just be made a bit easier, and hard mode should have normal shops.

Why are you attempting to correct Night Hunters as Night Walkers? I wasn't talking about Night Walkers, Virals or Biters anywhere in my post.

As for making Nightmare easier, buffing the Legendary Skill damage would make it easier as you level up, adding a sense of progression for players who already have the best gear. Meanwhile players that like the high hp zombies can opt out of buffing their damage by respecing and not investing points into the damage skills if they feel it's too easy/boring.

You're talking about the black volatiles. Night Hunters are players, and that game mode can be turned off.