Marta Kowalczyk

The Latest Patch Issues

Hi, guys! We've noticed that some of you are experiencing issues after downloading the latest patch. We're already collecting the information from you on the issues and we'll be working on a fix.

If you encountered any problem after downloading the patch, let us know about it in this thread!

Disconnecting issues whilst playing with friends online.

Completion of the following on easy mode then restarted it onto hard mode it did not have fresh story data like it was supposed to kept it at 100% and kept spawning me in the sewer.

Playing all quests with my friend and my side does not save even though I jumped into the game as they started on hard mode as we like to run it together.

Edited by Loki1504

You have nerfed all the stats and I'm very pissed about it , my legend is 104 with Melee weapons at 25 which took me f.u.c.k.i.n.g days on days of playing to get for my order or blade to be 9,000 Damage after the patch it's at 4,000 I Tryed to kill a night hunter and before he's dead I've destroyed my sword , if I use the engraved shotgun which was 30,000 damage it takes more then 20 bullets to the face before they die , as if it wasn't hard enough to built these weapons now I can't even kill on night hunter before I need a new one , this has made the game unplayable and I don't even wanna play anymore

Edited by Chandlju

Hi, guys! We've noticed that some of you are experiencing issues after downloading the latest patch. We're already collecting the information from you on the issues and we'll be working on a fix.

If you encountered any problem after downloading the patch, let us know about it in this thread!

PATCH IMPROVEMENT CO OP MY chupacabra!!! STILL CAN'T PLAY WITH MY FRIENDS! THAT'S IT I'M DONE WITH THIS TERRIBLE GAME AND SO BAD SUPPORT ABOUT RESPONDING TO PEOPLE IN NEED HELP WITH ISSUES!!! NEVER REPLY ALL MY MESSAGES!! JUST NOTED BUT NEVER FIX IT!!! I'M GONNA DELETE THIS GAME AND SELL IT!!!!! BEST CO OP MY chupacabra!!!!!!!

Glad you making this thread, as i posted some bug info in be the zombie sub forum when it's coop related :)

i'm on PC

Buggy Related:

1. Buggy parts are changed to level 1 parts and have its equipment removed when Coop/BTZ

2. Buggy parts sometime immediately became broken 0% while it should reduced by percentage (i fix all the parts and they are all listed 100% before driving it, and 5 minutes later one of them became 0%)

3. Buggy Flash Light should have turn on automatically when a player enter with their flash light on. so they didn't need to turn on the flash light after they get out of the buggy

4. Fuel in buggy sometime reset to half when you refuel them to full and not using it.

5. Volatile and Viral move too fast when chasing a buggy, and sometime when you already outside a buggy,

Other

1. Zaid flare is not working when regular Coop/BTZ. regular flare works fine, and  zaid flare worked fine when in single player

2. Completion stuck at 98% when all the mission, side mission, racing challenge, volatile nest, bounties, masks are all done

3. FPS drop when got spit by Toad zombie, this didn't happen before the last update patch

4. When you finish all the mission & side mission, every time you quit a coop, you will spawn inside the cave where you first start the following

5. When you get an item from storage to inventory, the list will scroll back automatically to the very top, which make rearranging item hard to do.

6. When you haven't  get 15th unknown strange stone, or collect the UFO ammo blueprint inside the UFO, and someone joining your game and he already done it, the item won't spawn anymore for you even if the person already left. i even try to quit the game and reenter but it still won't spawn anymore.

7. When outside of the safe house sometime it detect you like you are still in a safe house (you cannot use equipment) and when you trying to use it, the notification that say "you are in the safe area" doesn't show up,  this doesn't happen before the patch

8. When you use two handed weapon, and use grappling hook, a hammer/axe slashing sound is heard.

9. I don't know if this intended but Volatile can still detect you even when you use camo potion

10. Missing person quest should indicate an area since many are misguided thinking it was not

11. When bozak quest is activated on your quest list, you unable to start a new games plus or change difficulty in campaign menu

this is a problem since when you done all the mission & side mission, the default selected quest will be bozak quest

12.Grapple hook works less reliable in the following, as sometime it fail to properly hook like to a cliff or it doesn't even work on electric tower and yet it work on a water tower.

13. Pyzza Suit need to be changed, as right now it's quite useless because you still die when you launch yourself from a moderate height even when using the Pyzza Suit

14. Since Quarantine Zone are fixed now, there are some quarantine where you could farm DRP package without fighting a single zombie, since the package are near the door. so you could just enter, grab, exit, and enter again

15. Viral sometime spawn when you don't even use a gun/explosion item

and when you find bandits with gun, it will cause viral to endlessly spawn until you kill the bandits.

16. When your coop partner is in shop and you a far away from them, the voice of the shop can be heard including the subtitle.

17. Storage duplication glitch in 1.11

18. Survivor sense for finding item doesn't work on hard mode, and yet it work on nightmare mode, it's way to confusing  to find hidden item when your survivor sense is disabled  (like for finding notes in one of the quest, or quest to find the flower inside the cave below the house)

19. Ammo bug, when switching firearm only happen after the update

20. Cannot change arrow type (r key) when near active car trap (v key)

21. Sometime cannot turn flash light on, okay seem it's related to coop, when my friend joined my game, he can't use his flash light (tried to quit the game, reconnect), but can still control buggy flash light, but when he on single player the flash light works, and it the same when he host and i joined, his flash light works too

Edited by Nova Scotia

i have found that one of the unknown strange rocks (the one under one of the altars) is missing from its area, and i have not picked it up, any suggestions on how to fix this, i have not experienced this with any of the others. i have tried resetting.

Edited by GodOfTheVoid

Playing on ps4 and experiencing constant problems with multiplayer. It keeps saying I have been disconnected from multiplayer and I can't join friends games and they can't join mine. It has been doing this for weeks now but seems a lot worse after the recent update.

Been having a lot of crash since the new Following bug fix (after the second bug fixes patch) my game can't run well anymore and keep crashing after 2 min

I have both a dxdiag and a crash log but can't link it in there... I'm currently talking with a Tech but nothing work my case is # 16078

Edited by pazzy

Same issues as above, Play co-op with friends only but when you get kicked out every 10 minutes or so takes all the fun out of the game.  Can't get missions completed when you get kicked out and have to rejoin.  Also both of the shotguns I had with 33000+ damage disappeared after the patch. Had to get a new one.  

Fixing all the kurczak's only benefits the purest players, maybe you can code it so if someone has 9999 or more of something in their inventory it asks the player they are trying to join if they want to allow someone to join that has kurczak'ed. If someone doesn't want to use the kurczak's then don't.

Shame a console can't work like a PC and allow the user to decide what patch to allow and remove.  Then the patch code could be broken into multiple patches and allow the user to decide which ones to install.

Hello Techland, you guys need to fix the graphic issues when you do an air attack on a zombie with katana, sword, and etc. It doesn't show the the broken ribs or opening chest when you do that on this patch.

You guys should buffed the firearms damage back into the previous versions. Some people would say that will make the game easier, I disagree, cause you guys make Nightmare mode in order to get more challenge. And please Techland, fix the server, cause it's really bad now, have a hard time to connect with other players. And even when we connected to them, it's really laggy and almost unplayable. And one last thing, can you guys do something about The Bozak Horde as a tracked quest in the main campaign? When you join some people, sometimes they still make The Bozak Horde as their tracked quest, and when we dropped out from them or got kicked from them we will automatically goes into The Bozak Horde. It's really annoying because all our weapons and items goes back into our player stash and it's really tiring to get the weapons back into inventory. And that's about it. For me personally, this recent patch is very bad, a lot of problems arises, so I hope you guys can make the update faster and we can play the game again with no problem (:

Getting the Tree Hugger outfit; sometimes the Violatile nest points does not spawn but the hive is still there and the bomb to set it off does not allow interaction.

Shotgun damage down to 8000 damage from of 30000 making Nightmare an annoyance and virtually unplayable; BRING IT BACK!

Weapons break sooner...much too soon.

Gold weapons still do not spawn in Nightmare mode.

Disaster relief packages can no longer be picked up by co-op companions making the game NO LONGER COOPERATIVE.

I know you guys are trying to remove the numerous Duplication Exploits. One word: DON'T!!!!!

They help build communities to help those struggling.
They help in survival chances.
They bring more fun than the hardest difficulty level possible.
THEY BRING BALANCE!
TIME HAS ALSO PROVEN THAT FIXING SUCH EXPLOITS MEANT TO HELP OTHERS AND FORGE COMMUNITIES ONLY BRING DISASTERS!

Same issues as above, Play co-op with friends only but when you get kicked out every 10 minutes or so takes all the fun out of the game.  Can't get missions completed when you get kicked out and have to rejoin.  Also both of the shotguns I had with 33000+ damage disappeared after the patch. Had to get a new one.  

Fixing all the kurczak's only benefits the purest players, maybe you can code it so if someone has 9999 or more of something in their inventory it asks the player they are trying to join if they want to allow someone to join that has kurczak'ed. If someone doesn't want to use the kurczak's then don't.

Shame a console can't work like a PC and allow the user to decide what patch to allow and remove.  Then the patch code could be broken into multiple patches and allow the user to decide which ones to install.

So it's still possible to find another with 30000+ damage?

Edited by Jayson619

Are you talking about volatiles or the actual Night Hunter?

If so when a Night Hunter invades your game none of your weapons break.

The Enhanced Edition added Night Hunters as regular night enemies along with the Volatiles. One thing I've noticed is an increase in Night Hunters after the latest patch. Before it was usually 1 Night Hunter with 2-3 Volatiles. Now it's 2-3 Night Hunters with 1 Volatile. This makes playing at night on Night almost impossible.

Nighttime no longer awards any experience for surviving the night, so there's really no point to playing at night on Nightmare.

Techland could you consider buffing the Legendary Skills to the following percentages:

Melee +10%

Throwing +15%

Firearms +20%

That way players can be more lethal against the Infected on Nightmare, and have an incentive for leveling legendary. This would prevent Firearms from being the go to Nightmare weapon as melee weapons would be effective too.

Thank you for opening this thread for it is much needed.

The biggest problems for me and my friends after this patch are:

#Connection issues,

Every 10 to 20 minutes me or my friends get disconnected ( good cable internet no other game does this) and it made us quit playing the game.

I sold all my friends on getting dying light and the following, we never had so much fun and scares in a game for years and years and labeled one of the best games we have ever played but due to this issue we gave up playing. 

We all have jobs and a family and cant spend time getting disconnected rejoining and losing progress.

#Weapon related issues:

We like to play on the highest difficulty, and eventhough we are melee weapon and bozakbow/crossbow players by heart we did enjoy a gun only approach every now and then.

The damage nerf was a bit too much and took it away as a viable playing style and i can imagine many players like guns a lot and must be devestated.

But the connection issue really needs to be fixed asap, for this has people just quit playing and lose interest in dying light in general and move on to other games and products.

I am reading this on many other forums as well

Hi people at Techland,

I am sorry that when I read these forums that little toddlers write horrible reviews to you and this game. We all know you try your best and make sure the issue is fixed before you implement it. The multilayer system got better, but I only experienced one time that I could not join my friends' game. Thanks so much for making this game and for all the support you give and do for this community.

-Uncle Ship

Edited by Uncle Ship

disconnecting while playing with friends online....

we love the game, but please find a fix for this asap.... the only reason i play this IS for the coop.  When you get disconnected every 20 minutes it kind of takes away from the fun.

My buggy upgrades disappeared. Not a huge deal. Just an annoyance.

I'm not a fan of the Legendary leveling up system. Don't have the time required for it and couldn't be arsed finding ways around it

Also why is it that everyone is at 54% progress in the story when i go to matchmaking?

First the game is amazing, thank you for making it.

Since the patch when l start the following l spawn at the sewers, it's sp frustrating to start at that part and go to Jasir's farm every single time.

Also when l play pvp against someone whether with or without friends, l get frustrated that the hunter or survivor can abort at any time, please find something to give the win to who ever stays in that situation or give penalty's for those who quit!

Not sure who else is expierencing this, but on the xbone, me and my friends keep dying when in the back off the "Doom" buggy, usually when running into fences and signs. You can almost see parts of the sign/fence ricochet over the buggy fly past the passenger and then the passenger just flat out dies without being revived (due to being in the backseat). Making me and friends scared to go off road beacuse we really dont want to lose our expirence points in legend level...also when joining other peoples games (INSIDE the following only) there is a 50/50 chance that your flashlight wont turn on yet can still control the headlights on the buggy, no work around unless you use night vision, park conveniently. All on the Xbox One.

Yeah sometime it does happen, can't even revive him since instant death. and my friend also just hours ago have flashlight problem too. seem related to coop, as when he joined my game, his flash light doesn't work, but when he host and i joined, his flash light works.and when i joined someone else, and the host leave, and my friend joined, his flash light still work, so his flash light didn't work only when i'm hosting

so many bug, and yet no confirmation when we will get our fix, even the buggy keep changing to level 1 parts still exist in latest patch when the dev already know about it long before the patch comes out.

Not sure who else is expierencing this, but on the xbone, me and my friends keep dying when in the back off the "Doom" buggy, usually when running into fences and signs. You can almost see parts of the sign/fence ricochet over the buggy fly past the passenger and then the passenger just flat out dies without being revived (due to being in the backseat). Making me and friends scared to go off road beacuse we really dont want to lose our expirence points in legend level...also when joining other peoples games (INSIDE the following only) there is a 50/50 chance that your flashlight wont turn on yet can still control the headlights on the buggy, no work around unless you use night vision, park conveniently. All on the Xbox One.