Sign in to follow this  
shibito

Damage Lower Is Insane

What the ...? After the new update our guns has way less damage. It's now +250% damage instead of +1100%. Why techland.. why?! It takes a lot of the blasting fun away. Balance tweaks are ok, but +250% is ridiculous, the shotgun has 8000 damage now instead of 34000, at least give us +550% or something, this is a bad decision . Bring back some damage!

I played with a friend after finishing the dlc. We had so much fun on a killing spree with damage maxed. It's about providing the full package. If i wanna have a hard time i like playing on hard or nightmare, if i want mindless killing fun i play on normal. Is it so hard to understand? Why not reducing the damage only in nightmare for example. Now you can't enjoy the real fun on normal anymore.

Here I am just biting my lip because I was hoping I can get to a point where guns didn't actually suck for a change via the Lengendary tree but now from the looks of it that chance is gone. I was using the semi-automatic shotgun most of the time because it was pretty much the only firearm that wasn't firing BBs, but now they're all suffering the same treatment.

I can understand that the freaks and demolishers were dropping like flies and there needed to be some balancing but now firearms are back to the way they were before. Pointless viral-agroing wastes of potential.

Edited by Wolfman

I think a nerf was definitely needed. 1 shotting demolishers with a shotgun to the head even at low legend levels was a bit much, but yes, I think they dropping it down a bit too much, they should push it back up 50% more than what it is now perhaps.

I think a nerf was definitely needed. 1 shotting demolishers with a shotgun to the head even at low legend levels was a bit much, but yes, I think they dropping it down a bit too much, they should push it back up 50% more than what it is now perhaps.

I figured the bonuses where to help out in Nightmare. At 500% it was still taking a few rounds to kill a Volalite and a full clip to kill Night Hunters with the Engraved Pump Shotgun. I didn't get far enough to see how many rounds it would take to download a Demolisher on Nightmare... Now the gun will be doing half the damage I was originally doing once the skill maxed. Looks like they don't want us killing the big guys on Nightmare. I think lowering it to +500% would have been more reasonable than +250%.

This nerf was unfair. For those that were complaining about it being OP, all they had to do was respect their Legendary Tree and not max the Firearms Skill. Instead everyone is forced to change how they were playing prior to this latest patch.

I understand that balance is an issue. but in a game where you use melee weapons 99% of the time, when you do switch to a gun it should be laying down righteous holy death, and  they don`t. You can restore the legend tree back to what it was like I have done but I only play in sp games. You would need to play with friends who modify the same files. A crossbow bolt to the head of anything should kill it outright as well so I upped that as well.

Something else to note. With a golden shotgun with the old legend skills, the blue night hunters were taking anywhere from 2-8 shots to kill with 34k damage shotgun. Now that the shotguns were reduced in damage they would take 2-3 x as many shots to kill but they still 2 shot you nonetheless. And on top of that the uv flashlight doesn`t keep them back, they still attack you when the light is on. They just keep cutting our balls off.

Edited by Hammerhorde

I understand that balance is an issue. but in a game where you use melee weapons 99% of the time, when you do switch to a gun it should be laying down righteous holy death, and they don`t. You can restore the legend tree back to what it was like I have done but I only play in sp games. You would need to play with friends who modify the same files. A crossbow bolt to the head of anything should kill it outright as well so I upped that as well.

Something else to note. With a golden shotgun with the old legend skills, the blue night hunters were taking anywhere from 2-8 shots to kill with 34k damage shotgun. Now that the shotguns were reduced in damage they would take 2-3 x as many shots to kill but they still 2 shot you nonetheless. And on top of that the uv flashlight doesn`t keep them back, they still attack you when the light is on. They just keep cutting our balls off.

Unfortunately for console players restoring it via mods is not an option. We're stuck unless Techland decides to change it again in the next update.

Thanks alot for chupacabra the honest players with the legend gun downgrades! I spent 45hrs to get 5 stinking legend pts. and its taken away! Not to mention the hundreds of $ spent. F***U techland, never again! And for the ones ok with this, your probably the ones cheating with the 55,000 pt. shotguns n multiple duplicating so that's why ur ok with it, so u aint fooling anyone, that's why this was done, thanks for jerking the rest of us, balance my butt! 

Thanks alot for chupacabra the honest players with the legend gun downgrades! I spent 45hrs to get 5 stinking legend pts. and its taken away! Not to mention the hundreds of $ spent. F***U techland, never again! And for the ones ok with this, your probably the ones cheating with the 55,000 pt. shotguns n multiple duplicating so that's why ur ok with it, so u aint fooling anyone, that's why this was done, thanks for jerking the rest of us, balance my butt! 

hi man,

I can understand your frustration BUT some toning down was needed.

Maybe not as hard as they did, but i guess they are collecting data and will fix what need to be fixed, if required.

Personnally, i think that going from +1250% bonus (rank 25) to +500% (+20% per rank instead of +10% actually) would have been ok.

And my character is only 130, i didnt dupe or cheat or anything else.

I also miss my hunting party at night, running after volatiles with my shotty.

But i keep confident in Techland to test and deliver  further  adjustments.

Edited by TontonUB

i agree with shockwave, the nerf is needed but they nerfed it too much,

and this all happen because there so many who are DRP duping, which make them gain their legend level easily, and which make the firearm to OP

Edited by Nova Scotia

Maybe it's time to start a petition to bring it back to at least +550% ;)

And maybe increase the melee weapon bonus up from +4%. I think the following would be reasonable:

Melee +10% up 6%

Throwing +15% up 7%

Firearms +20% up 10%

Bows +40%

This way the strongest weapons could look something like this:

-Pump Shotgun ~ 15,000 damage instead of 8,750 damage

-Katana ~ 7,500 damage instead of 5,000 damage

-Bozak Bow ~ 4,500 damage

-Modern Throwing Axe ~ 1,000 damage instead of 600 damage

I don't wanna be a downer but this is a zombie game, im happy guns are usefull now but they were getting a little ridiculous with only 2-3 points in the skill tree I think the nerf helps that, and 8,000 dmg is still good it just takes a bit more bullets that's that also with the respec the skill tree thing, would be good if there was a way to disable "you have unspent skill points" promt 

At least bring the guns up to AT LEAST 500%. I do believe a BALANCE for the guns in the skill tree was a good idea but I think nerfing it to 10% per level is a little to much..... Please change it to 20% per level. :)

How about - Techland makes the guns actually do adequate damage to the standard enemies from the get go? Why is a legendary tree needed for this in the first place?

I can't count how many times I've used a police rifle to put more than three rounds into a biter's head only for it to get up and keep bumbling toward me. Every enemy type just shrugs off bullets! It was the same in the less difficult game modes. Even the unarmored zombies are able to withstand getting shot in the head now.

I can try to kill three biters with headshots, I can maybe down two before I agro a bunch of virals.

After the update I tried to killing some raiders around a drop with my shotgun and each one took like 4 blasts to the torso to kill at a 5 foot distance. You don`t know how disheartening it is to shoot someone point blank with the most powerful close quarters weapon ever created and see them stagger to get their balance after every hit. That was with an 8k damage shotgun. Now that I changed the skills back to the damage they used to be , the same raiders only take 1-2 shots to kill. Which I am a lot more happy with.

This patch took a game that was fun for the avg or novice player to a new suck level. I play with friends only and enjoy helping each other level up. that's gone.  Take this patch and stuff it.

Lol I was killing enemies with my guns easily on hard without out any points on the legends tree. So i could only imagine how ridiculously op it would be with the extra damage. I can't believe theres so many people crying about this. Techland wants their game to be a challenge and balanced. Get over it, guns are still good. If you want to one shot everything turn it to normal difficulty for awhile

If that's the case they should have just made firearms the rare gold weapons that are hard to find.im playing legit and never got a chance to test out the original max firearms.it all comes down to realistic situations for me if you want to make it a few extra shots to demolishers volatiles and night hunters I get it.zombies who's bodies are already weak and falling apart and human beings however are a whole different story I notice that COD has the same issue mainly with shotguns I don't think the developers quite understand the damage a real shotgun can do at close range and they can exploit it and make it fun shooting a zombies leg at close range should blow it clean off or any limb for that matter humans as well.i can't complain because TL went above and beyond with this game and I'm extremely satisfied with my purchase but I'm just pointing that out and giving my opinion.

Lol I was killing enemies with my guns easily on hard without out any points on the legends tree. So i could only imagine how ridiculously op it would be with the extra damage. I can't believe theres so many people crying about this. Techland wants their game to be a challenge and balanced. Get over it, guns are still good. If you want to one shot everything turn it to normal difficulty for awhile

That's because you're playing on Hard. The damage on Nightmare is where players are having an issue. The high damage guns were the only way of taking down Night Hunters. With a 500% boost, a 15,300 damage pump shotgun would still take me over a full clip (8+ rounds) to kill a Night Hunter, and there was still a huge risk that it, or a Volalite, Viral or Night Walker would quickly kill me costing me all the experience I had currently gained. Now it'll take 25 Firearm points and 2+ clips (16+ rounds) to kill one Night Hunter, which is unlikely to happen as you'll likely be dead long before that point. Currently Nightmare is a challenge, but it's far from being balanced. To balance it back out Legendary Levels should allow a fighting chance on Nightmare. Meanwhile players that want to keep the difficulty as hard as when they first started can opt out of using Legendary Skills, which would be a win/win.