Sign in to follow this  
shibito

Damage Lower Is Insane

This is a MELEE focused game.

Guns should be second class citizens.

Like many others I like the nerfs and think 10% per point is fine.

You want a game focused on GUNS? Play Halo, Borderlands, Gears of War, CoD ad infinitum.

Most of us are playing Dying Light for the melee focus, please don't listen to the whiners and ruin that Techland :)

Edited by lonegunman77

You want a game focused on GUNS? Play Halo, Borderlands, Gears of War, CoD ad infinitum.

Most of us are playing Dying Light for the melee focus, please don't listen to the whiners and ruin that Techland :)

Who are you? The self-claimed ambassador of illogical nonsense to Techland forum? Why would they muster the effort to include a batch of new firearms only for us to just throw all of them away and continue to accept melee weapons as the one and only? Why is it taboo to discuss the subject that the firearms in Dying Light are underwhelming?

My kills with melee weapons dwarf my kills with firearms, but I'm not playing Dying Light because of it's focus on melee weapons. You're simply selling the game lower than necessary. It doesn't HAVE to be this way. Guns don't have to just be gimmicks like they are now.

Edited by Wolfman

it WAS a melee focused game.

then Techland added a bunch of new firearms, and added a perk increasing firearms damage.

It's called an option, a new way, another "how to play", not the only way to play.

I like the nerf, but it was too hard imho, like many others.

Like many others, i dont want a melee nor a  ranged focused game, but playing with both melee and ranged weapons, depending on situation.

I wont play another game, i discuss LIKE MANY OTHER about nerf and up, and i'd like not to read such an aggressive rant.

If we want to discuss, we discuss: it's the main purpose of a forum.

Stop calling for people to agree with you or go away on another game: it's disrepectull and intolerant.

And if  you dont like ranged combat, just stick on melee and trash all the ranged stuff, instead of asking to ruin a portion of gameplay for your own satisfaction.

best regards,

with consideration for all playstyles, point of views and confrontations in a respectfull manner.

Edited by TontonUB

Who are you? The self-claimed ambassador of illogical nonsense to Techland forum? Why would they muster the effort to include a batch of new firearms only for us to just throw all of them away and continue to accept melee weapons as the one and only? Why is it taboo to discuss the subject that the firearms in Dying Light are underwhelming?

My kills with melee weapons dwarf my kills with firearms, but I'm not playing Dying Light because of it's focus on melee weapons. You're simply selling the game lower than necessary. It doesn't HAVE to be this way. Guns don't have to just be gimmicks like they are now.

Hilarious.

You seriously can't tell this game is melee focused?

Go ask the CoD devs to add melee weapons to Black Ops 3 so the melee kill isn't a gimmick.

it WAS a melee focused game.

then Techland added a bunch of new firearms, and added a perk increasing firearms damage.

It's called an option, a new way, another "how to play", not the only way to play.

I like the nerf, but it was too hard imho, like many others.

Like many others, i dont want a melee nor a ranged focused game, but playing with both melee and ranged weapons, depending on situation.

I wont play another game, i discuss LIKE MANY OTHER about nerf and up, and i'd like not to read such an aggressive rant.

If we want to discuss, we discuss: it's the main purpose of a forum.

Stop calling for people to agree with you or go away on another game: it's disrepectull and intolerant.

And if you dont like ranged combat, just stick on melee and trash all the ranged stuff, instead of asking to ruin a portion of gameplay for your own satisfaction.

best regards,

with consideration for all playstyles, point of views and confrontations in a respectfull manner.

You know what? You're right, I'll stop and just request that Techland keep the guns how they are right now.

You should be a mediator :)

I don't know how people play this game, but from my point of view nerfing attacks wont affect experienced players on nightmare mode, since killing zombies hardly rise legend exp, I can easily increase lvl by collecting supply crates, completing missions and winning btz matches, even if I get surrounded I use resist and energy potions to solve the situation (I was once inside a barn full of bitters and 3 volatiles, went out almost dead but managed) I have died more by falling than anything else, also enemies may sponge bullets but 3-4 hits on their head and they are gone, arrows works best against goons and demolishers, in resume, if you can't stand nightmare mode: change difficulty, play with friends, avoid enemy contact, stay on higher grounds, use potions, if you expect things be easy on a nightmare mode you are thinking wrong.

Yes techland be a melee focused game don't worry about backing yourself into a corner and becoming one dimensional in fact crane knows parkour get rid of the buggy too.hopefully another game will come and make a range based zombie game I just love buying two of the same games with just minor differences.i rarely use firearms but I do use them why wouldn't I want weapon variety in a game that utilizes weapons.the best part is when you had to rescue Dr Zere I'm sure you didn't use a firearm at all (it can be passed without a firearm but I'm sure you used one on your first go atleast) but that's just my two ce....well actually that's just simple logic.....

I love the idea of spending $60 on multiple Dying Lights so I can bask in the glory of either a melee focused game or a firearm focused game, or perhaps even an unarmed focused game.

Why stop there! Let's not even bother to include the firearms or the ability to utilize hand to hand combat in Dying Light: Melee Focused Edition and vice versa! Why set the bar high and be the jack of all trades when we can just scrap playing styles altogether? It's f*cking genius!

ALL OF THAT FOCUS, I CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF THAT FOCUS.

The gun nerf was dumb and a waste. Bullet damage had no crazy effects against Night Hunters and wasn't too game breaking. There really was no need for it, if people didn't want to use guns then they didn't use guns.

Originally I thought the nerf was too far, but playing with it since the patch, i like it. Guns are still useful (and I'm only LL 55) and not super Over powered like they were, killing demolishers in 1 hit. I still kill demolishers in 2 shots to the head, and I have 15 levels of gun to go. What more do people want?

Just a simple question. . Why is GTA such a brilliant successful game ? Well its because the developer's don't give q chupacabra how powerful weapons are or how many cheats , they add the cheats. If you make weapons strong then leave it that way because us gamers play hours to get to stage just for you to take it away. Thats bad development.

They did the logical right choice to do it. You all cry babies are probably cheaters already at level 250, young players who consume games like fast food and unable to invest more time to play or this is simply in your nature to enjoy to chupacabra anything possible to feel better. Probably the word diplomacy means nothing to you.

For over the last 10 years games are far to easy and short. A generation of gamers who consume more games than take the time to be challenged by them. Unable to play a single game for months or a year. A world where we consume in quantity and not with quality. How can you enjoy life this way? I'm from the generation who got his first Nintendo. Still the best gaming moments of my life. This was fun and hard (for a few of you this will be « super extra very hard nightmare mode »). No Internet, no cheats (with a few exception like Contra, 30 lifes). We played those games for months/years again, again and again. Challenging and fun! This is suppose to be the definition of gaming.

Honestly I'm tired to read people easily bitching any game companies. Some deserve it for the GOOD REASONS. Techland is not perfect but they invested a lot to create a challenging game. The whole team is dictated to this game. The game have many bugs, I agree but the mechanic, the root of the game is great and challenging, specially when you play the first 4 hours. So much fun and some enjoyable frustrations (a good sign of the challenge). In my own opinion, Nightmare (simulation/survivor) mode should be by default with no easy/normal (arcade) mode.

My point here, you have no good reasons to be pissed off and bitching publicly in the forums, because they will not change it back. They rebalanced it well (they know it). The next step, they should rebalance Be The Zombie, because the Night Hunter is not enough powerful anymore (with cheaters already at level 250, after 48 hours and unlimited resources). Dark Souls is a good example of very hard game and they are still keeping it this way. Techland have some new challenges for us soon, this will be great and I still have a long road to reach level 250, like it's suppose to be. I'm playing alone, Nightmare mode since day one. I did the original story and the Following at Nightmare and I'm level 62. I found some good ways to kill a few Volatiles with the help of my Buggy and get a level each night. Not easy at all alone, but so much fun.

Remember life is a challenge and working is part of it. Games should be the same way but a little bit easier. ;)

They did the logical right choice to do it. You all cry babies are probably cheaters already at level 250, young players who consume games like fast food and unable to invest more time to play or this is simply in your nature to enjoy to chupacabra anything possible to feel better. Probably the word diplomacy means nothing to you.

For over the last 10 years games are far to easy and short. A generation of gamers who consume more games than take the time to be challenged by them. Unable to play a single game for months or a year. A world where we consume in quantity and not with quality. How can you enjoy life this way? I'm from the generation who got his first Nintendo. Still the best gaming moments of my life. This was fun and hard (for a few of you this will be « super extra very hard nightmare mode »). No Internet, no cheats (with a few exception like Contra, 30 lifes). We played those games for months/years again, again and again. Challenging and fun! This is suppose to be the definition of gaming.

Honestly I'm tired to read people easily bitching any game companies. Some deserve it for the GOOD REASONS. Techland is not perfect but they invested a lot to create a challenging game. The whole team is dictated to this game. The game have many bugs, I agree but the mechanic, the root of the game is great and challenging, specially when you play the first 4 hours. So much fun and some enjoyable frustrations (a good sign of the challenge). In my own opinion, Nightmare (simulation/survivor) mode should be by default with no easy/normal (arcade) mode.

My point here, you have no good reasons to be pissed off and bitching publicly in the forums, because they will not change it back. They rebalanced it well (they know it). The next step, they should rebalance Be The Zombie, because the Night Hunter is not enough powerful anymore (with cheaters already at level 250, after 48 hours and unlimited resources). Dark Souls is a good example of very hard game and they are still keeping it this way. Techland have some new challenges for us soon, this will be great and I still have a long road to reach level 250, like it's suppose to be. I'm playing alone, Nightmare mode since day one. I did the original story and the Following at Nightmare and I'm level 62. I found some good ways to kill a few Volatiles with the help of my Buggy and get a level each night. Not easy at all alone, but so much fun.

Remember life is a challenge and working is part of it. Games should be the same way but a little bit easier. ;)

hello,

i can agree on most of your demonstration, even if i still think that the nerf was too hard.

Essentially because of the gap between top shotties and other weapons.

With 25 (legit ;) ) pts in firearms perks, i have :

engraved semi auto shotgun  >>> 8 925 dmg

advanced police rifle               >>> 1 288 dmg (police rifle and camo rifle 644 dmg)

golden uzi                               >>> 1 158 dmg

advanced military rifle             >>>    959 dmg (military rifle / camo  479 dmg)

if actual shotgun dmg are fine imho, other's weapons are not.

A 9 mm uzi ammo and a 5.56 NATO / 222 cal (rifles) should not deal so low dmg, nor the same, especially when considering many factors : ammo weight, speed, size, etc ...

Maybe they could up a bit some other weapon to rebalance and offer more variety in weapon use (and maybe to slightly reflect , even partially, the relative power of each ammo category).

And with rank 25 in firearms perks, it may look like this :

engraved semi auto shotgun  >>> 8 925 dmg (stay the same)

advanced police rifle               >>> 4 to 5Kish dmg approx.

golden uzi                               >>> 1 158 dmg (stay the same or up to 1K5)

advanced military rifle             >>>  3 to 4Kish dmg approx. (less than police rifle since Techland seems to emphasis on an artificial difference of power between single shots / full auto, but why not heh it s a game)

Thank you for reading (please forgive spelling, grammar and typo, my english is a disaster, i know)

Edited by TontonUB

hello,

i can agree on most of your demonstration, even if i still think that the nerf was too hard.

Essentially because of the gap between top shotties and other weapons.

With 25 (legit ;) ) pts in firearms perks, i have :

engraved semi auto shotgun >>> 8 925 dmg

advanced police rifle >>> 1 288 dmg (police rifle and camo rifle 644 dmg)

golden uzi >>> 1 158 dmg

advanced military rifle >>> 959 dmg (military rifle / camo 479 dmg)

if actual shotgun dmg are fine imho, other's weapons are not.

A 9 mm uzi ammo and a 5.56 NATO / 222 cal (rifles) should not deal so low dmg, nor the same, especially when considering many factors : ammo weight, speed, size, etc ...

Maybe they could up a bit some other weapon to rebalance and offer more variety in weapon use (and maybe to slightly reflect , even partially, the relative power of each ammo category).

And with rank 25 in firearms perks, it may look like this :

engraved semi auto shotgun >>> 8 925 dmg (stay the same)

advanced police rifle >>> 4 to 5Kish dmg approx.

golden uzi >>> 1 158 dmg (stay the same or up to 1K5)

advanced military rifle >>> 3 to 4Kish dmg approx. (less than police rifle since Techland seems to emphasis on an artificial difference of power between single shots / full auto, but why not heh it s a game)

Thank you for reading (please forgive spelling, grammar and typo, my english is a disaster, i know)

I agree with you about Firearms. They should rebalance all them the way you wrote it make sense. ðŸ‘🼠:)

Well. There is still way to get higher damage in shot gun and rifle. Not same as before but better than new damage points. I bought a semi automatic engrave shotgun before starting the legend level. And after getting all skill points on firearms tab (25/25) it gave me 13000+ damage . Its a violet color and when I try buy another same gun in golden color it has 8925 damage. Same applied on Advance Military Rifle which is blue one. :D