Sign in to follow this  
Wolfman

Would Anyone Like The Option To Respec?

'Something I've always wanted was to have the freedom to choose which skills I wanted to invest in that matches my personal preference for how I wish to play this game.

While I can certainly understand the convenience of not having to choose one skill or perk over another unlike other games with similiar elements of character progression, I would really welcome the option of freely choosing which skills I want to have in my arsenal and leave out some skills that I would rather do without.

Why? At the risk of sounding like I'm bragging (I apologize), there are some cool skills I like that are locked behind very powerful ones that I would like to avoid. For example: Tic-Tac, a skill in the Agility tree that I value, is locked behind Freerunning Expert while I'm very comfortable currently invested in Freerunning Adept.

I want to propose relieving these skill tree restrictions at, let's say: Once a skill tree has been fully enabled, from there we can freely pick and choose which skills we want to enable and which skills we want to disable.

I welcome anyone's thoughts.

I agree. I've had to play with a constant reminder that "You have unspent skill points" because I refuse to get the last skill in the Agility tree. The one that would allow me to run forever. Most other active skills I simply chose not to use, but there's really nothing I can do about the passive ones that buff abilities. 

I'm glad there are others that feel the same. With this system I feel as though it can double as a tweak for how difficult we wish for the game to be and we can then play it parallel to our skill level.

And that is a good suggestion. With less points in passive skills, perhaps players can rank up legendary levels more quickly. The bonus would not have to be outrageous but a few more points tagged onto your legendary progression would seem alright.

Edited by Wolfman