Sign in to follow this  
airwalkaidan

Why Can Humans Rain Death While Hunter Is Swimming

Title says all a hunter can be swimming in water and can be DFA

Cos the hunter is to close to the surface. down half a meter or more and can't use dfa.

That's actually been confirmed false I've been DFA while under water.

Nope.. i've tried 100's of times to water dfa, some can "appear" to be further down due to yep you guessed it Lag.

Nope.. i've tried 100's of times to water dfa, some can "appear" to be further down due to yep you guessed it Lag.

False.

I asked the person did this to me afterwards and he said something about doing a dropkick near the surface and then holding the attack button which will then lock on the DFA. tl;dr he can DFA you under a certain distance from the surface of the water.

i think it's related to how deep the hunter in water, in old town i can DfA if the hunter is swimming near the surface so it's always like that even before the following update

i don't understand as to why you swimming anyway,

when i play as a hunter, if the human is swimming i will just wait out till he come out due to time out, and do a jump above his head and pounce him from above his head or behind

and if i remember correctly that place in old town in jcks video have a timeout if they stay there too long

Edited by Nova Scotia

i think it's related to how deep the hunter in water, in old town i can DfA if the hunter is swimming near the surface so it's always like that even before the following update

i don't understand as to why you swimming anyway,

when i play as a hunter, if the human is swimming i will just wait out till he come out due to time out, and do a jump above his head and pounce him from above his head or behind

and if i remember correctly that place in old town in jcks video have a timeout if they stay there too long

This was before any timeouts existed. Also the second I touch the surface he would DFA me anyways, leaving no options for the hunter. That place was used by survivors specifically to bait hunters for water DFAs (it's blocked now I think). 

Edited by jcks

that era have so many bugs which give advantage not only human but hunter too, glad they change things in the following update, just wish they be more faster bug fixing it

This was before any timeouts existed. Also the second I touch the surface he would DFA me anyways, leaving no options for the hunter. That place was used by survivors specifically to bait hunters for water DFAs (it's blocked now I think). 

False.

I asked the person did this to me afterwards and he said something about doing a dropkick near the surface and then holding the attack button which will then lock on the DFA. tl;dr he can DFA you under a certain distance from the surface of the water.

Ok that's interesting, look about 1.5 to 2 meters deep maybe. The canals are deeper tho

That's right.

There's no excuse about how a Human can do an insta-kill on a Night Hunter yet he can't to a Human.

You can't come up with any excuse for that.

True and note that a NH OHK can be countered easily but the DFA has no counter. Which is why you have to be constantly aware if the position of multiple survivors on roofs.

Why can hunters pounce humans when they are getting a face full of UV light? answer that for me.

Lag.

you can, when a human heals another human or revives them, you can pounce them. figure this chupacabra out.

While in the water is what he meant. Read the context of the post before you go shooting people down.

Edited by Chaos_Deception
Edited Quotes

someone posted that there's an old bug that allow a hunter to pounce while the human swimming in the water is interacting with something

happen to me twice first when try to reset a buggy inside a water or even when not interacting with something

so it could be possible that hunter can pounce human while the human revive his teammate that die inside the water or when healing his teammate inside the water

While in the water is what he meant. Read the context of the post before you go shooting people down.

someone posted that there's an old bug that allow a hunter to pounce while the human swimming in the water is interacting with something

happen to me twice first when try to reset a buggy inside a water or even when not interacting with something

so it could be possible that hunter can pounce human while the human revive his teammate that die inside the water or when healing his teammate inside the water

He wasn't talking about survivors reviving, he was saying when a survivor jumps in the water you can no longer pounce them but in the reverse situation a survivor can DfA a night hunter as demonstrated in my video above. The other guy went off talking about a situation that doesn't apply to the context of post.

howis that not apply in the context?

vektor & cdcvscia basically said the hunter cant do anything when a survivor jump into the water

while spartan12525 said you can still pounce the human while they are in the water when they revive/heal a teammate, and that confirm with my case that when the human interact with something inside the water, it will allow the hunter to pounce them, and even in some case the human didn't even need to interact with something and the hunter could still pounce them while the human swimming.

it's relevant in my opinion

the hunter could also spit the survivor with survivor sense spit or/and uv spit and just wait till the human go out from the water and easily pounce them or wait for the timeout due to the human staying too long inside the water

He wasn't talking about survivors reviving, he was saying when a survivor jumps in the water you can no longer pounce them but in the reverse situation a survivor can DfA a night hunter as demonstrated in my video above. The other guy went off talking about a situation that doesn't apply to the context of post.

Edited by Nova Scotia

howis that not apply in the context?

vektor & cdcvscia basically said the hunter cant do anything when a survivor jump into the water

while spartan12525 said you can still pounce the human while they are in the water when they revive/heal a teammate, and that confirm with my case that when the human interact with something inside the water, it will allow the hunter to pounce them, and even in some case the human didn't even need to interact with something and the hunter could still pounce them while the human swimming.

it's relevant in my opinion

the hunter could also spit the survivor with survivor sense spit or/and uv spit and just wait till the human go out from the water and easily pounce them or wait for the timeout due to the human staying too long inside the water

He never said anything about reviving in the water. And even if that was what he meant it doesn't apply to what CDC is saying, downing a survivor in the water is already a rare occurrence itself and doesn't exactly apply to survivors just jumping in the water and waiting for spits to wear off. 

geez the context here is hunter can't do anything while human's swimming

but as spartan point out, it's false since you can still pounce, spit, or even wait, and waiting itself is not bad since it also mean you will regenerate more spit to use later after the human come out.

beside waiting spit to wear off mean the human will spend time inside the water, meaning they will get the timeout timer, so if they do it more than once, the timeout timer will still continue counting down and they will expire

human who jump into the water is always meant a easy pounce for me, since it mean i can just usually jump over their head while they grapple or climbing and just pounce them

and  your video is no longer relevant as they have introduce banned place during invasion and timeout timer, so the hunter no longer have the need to chase after the human who hide inside the water or the place that shown in your video.

He never said anything about reviving in the water. And even if that was what he meant it doesn't apply to what CDC is saying, downing a survivor in the water is already a rare occurrence itself and doesn't exactly apply to survivors just jumping in the water and waiting for spits to wear off. 

geez the context here is hunter can't do anything while human's swimming

but as spartan point out, it's false since you can still pounce, spit, or even wait, and waiting itself is not bad since it also mean you will regenerate more spit to use later after the human come out.

beside waiting spit to wear off mean the human will spend time inside the water, meaning they will get the timeout timer, so if they do it more than once, the timeout timer will still continue counting down and they will expire

human who jump into the water is always meant a easy pounce for me, since it mean i can just usually jump over their head while they grapple or climbing and just pounce them

and  your video is no longer relevant as they have introduce banned place during invasion and timeout timer, so the hunter no longer have the need to chase after the human who hide inside the water or the place that shown in your video.

Except he never said any of that. Here is what he said:

you can dumbass, when a human heals another human or revives them, you can pounce them. figure this chupacabra out before you start crying, "poor me, poor me, I'm stupid and cant do things for myself"

Let's break it apart. 

CDC stated if a survivor can do DFA on a night hunter in the water then why can't a night hunter pounce a survivor. Spartan says you can when a human is being revived (doesn't specify if this is in the water or not). This has nothing to do with the fact that a night hunter can't pounce a survivor the same way a survivor can DFA the night hunter in water. Only under special circumstances (e.g. the survivor jumps out of the water or the interaction glitch under the water) can a night hunter pounce a survivor. Survivors have no requirement other than the night hunter cannot be outside of the DFA range in the water. The whole point of this thread is that survivors can DFA a hunter while the hunter needs some special requirement to pounce a survivor, neither of which has to happen because the survivor can simply sit still and use the surface of the water as a shield (which still allows UV light to pass through). 

And the point of my video isn't to show one specific water DFA camping spot. It's to show that survivors can DFA you while you're under the surface of the water, that applies everywhere. So no, my video is not irrelevant. 

Only under special circumstances (e.g. the survivor jumps out of the water or the interaction glitch under the water) can a night hunter pounce a survivor.

This is a key point: Currently, the game is designed to not allow Hunters to Pounce Humans in the water.

There are "glitches" that can still allow this to happen (A bad piece of geography can cause a Human to "walk," or interacting with something can cause the Human to be targetable), but there are no actual methods, in-game and without something going wrong with the programming, to Pounce a Human in the water.

Do I think NHs should be able to Pounce in water? I don't know. I'm quite content with the mind-game associated with a Human being forced to exit after a certain point, allowing the NH to time certain Spits (Horde, UV Suppression) to his advantage and attack once the Human leaves. At the same time, the idea that one class can OHKO from water and another can't does seem a bit unbalanced. TImeouts do help mitigate this, though they cause a boring game state for many NHs.

I believe Jcks' main point is that there are no non-glitch ways to Pounce Humans in any amount of water, in contrast to the available DFA Humans can activate at certain depths - deeper than intended with their own glitch, in fact. Which is true. The matter of whether or not we should be able to do so is another question entirely.

I still wish we could poison the body of water with Toxic Spit. :ph34r: Just sayin'.

Edited by DoctorPurrington

This is a key point: Currently, the game is designed to not allow Hunters to Pounce Humans in the water.

There are "glitches" that can still allow this to happen (A bad piece of geography can cause a Human to "walk," or interacting with something can cause the Human to be targetable), but there are no actual methods, in-game and without something going wrong with the programming, to Pounce a Human in the water.

Do I think NHs should be able to Pounce in water? I don't know. I'm quite content with the mind-game associated with a Human being forced to exit after a certain point, allowing the NH to time certain Spits (Horde, UV Suppression) to his advantage and attack once the Human leaves. At the same time, the idea that one class can OHKO from water and another can't does seem a bit unbalanced. TImeouts do help mitigate this, though they cause a boring game state for many NHs.

I believe Jcks' main point is that there are no non-glitch ways to Pounce Humans in any amount of water, in contrast to the available DFA Humans can activate at certain depths - deeper than intended with their own glitch, in fact. Which is true. The matter of whether or not we should be able to do so is another question entirely.

I still wish we could poison the body of water with Toxic Spit. :ph34r: Just sayin'.

This exactly.

DFA on the hunter and pouncing a survivor in the context of being in the water is not the same. It's not even possible to pounce when you think about it because the only way to do so, without using a glitch, is if the survivor jumps out of the water, at which point you aren't pouncing them in the water you're pouncing them in the air which is already possible.