Sign in to follow this  
darran1927

Never Played Be The Zombie, Tips?

As the topic says I've never played Be The Zombie and thinking of giving it a go (I've been on the recieving end of The Zombie) any tips , do you level up like you do in the main game ,can you unlock stuff etc?

Kill yourself. Until they if they fix it. Be prepared to undergo some stress. Humans are OP af.

Move fast use deception.

Do not listen to Dr. Purrington. He's a cool guy but he SUCKS at Night Hunting and gives horrible advice. I'll be uploading a video soon on how to be a better Night Hunter. Stay tuned.

Allen u son of a gun! Haha just upload the video! Players will decide if the play styles suit them or not, no need to badmouth others.. though i don't like to be called cat or kitten either!  :lol:     

That's not very nice to say, true or not.

At least he's some of the rare people that actually upload tips.

Thanks Reece, Jonny just still holds a grudge against me from an old match. He tried to glitch against me and lost. ;)Twice.

Allen u son of a gun! Haha just upload the video! Players will decide if the play styles suit them or not, no need to badmouth others.. though i don't like to be called cat or kitten either!  :lol:     

But cat puns are all the rage! I'm sorry if they...

Rub you the wrong way. B)

Edited by DoctorPurrington

As the topic says I've never played Be The Zombie and thinking of giving it a go (I've been on the recieving end of The Zombie) any tips , do you level up like you do in the main game ,can you unlock stuff etc?

I can answer some of these right off the bat for ya:

You do level up like in the main game, and there's a similar - but less linear - Skill Tree from which you gain abilities that can either be used actively or just passively boost your speed, movement, range, etc.

Basically, there's two tiers of things you can unlock: Skills, which you level up to acquire, and Mutations, which change your appearance (very cool! You gain bigger spine-bones, a crown of horns, a bigger body, and other cosmetic improvements) and give you access to new abilities.

Skills, as previously mentioned, are similar to the Humans' Skill Tree. When you first start out in "Be the Zombie" as the Night Hunter, you gain a Skill Point per level, and you use each Skill Point to unlock a single Skill.

These skills can be new Spits, which you use to disable Humans' abilities (Survivor Sense, UV Light, etc.), or put pressure on Humans, such as creating a Toxic pool on the ground or summoning a Horde of exploding zombies to chase the Humans down.

Or, the skills can be abilities and/or improvements to existing abilities. These can be things like "Tackle," which lets you run into Humans and smash them away from you, off rooftops, or into Spikes for insta-kills; or things like improved speed when using your zombie-tendrils to fly across the map; or increased knock-back (how far the Humans are thrown backward by your abilities).

You can also unlock the ability to "Snipe" with your spits, AKA aiming down a line of sight and charging them to send them farther and more accurately, or "Spit Smash," meaning you can use the Ground Pound skill (smashing the ground around you in a big circle to knock people away or disable Flares, very useful!) and simultaneously affect Humans within range with a Spit of your choice.

"Mutations" can occur at your command when you finish your Skill Tree, and can be done 3 times. You reset all of your skills and have to re-earn them, but in return, your Night Hunter's appearance is altered to be much more intimidating and you gain access to a new Skill.

On Mutation 1, you gain access to a new Spit, "Sense Disable," which disables the Humans' ability to use Survivor sense on you and track your movement. On Mutation 2, you gain "Toxic Spit," which lets you set down a pool of toxic waste in an area, causing continuous damage to anyone touching it. For Mutation 3, you gain "UV Heal," where you can use your UV Block skill (prevents you from being hurt by UV light) to also immediately re-fill your energy and health.

Each Mutation takes longer to level up, as you don't get Skill Points every single level anymore.

Hope that helps!

I can answer some of these right off the bat for ya:

You do level up like in the main game, and there's a similar - but less linear - Skill Tree from which you gain abilities that can either be used actively or just passively boost your speed, movement, range, etc.

Basically, there's two tiers of things you can unlock: Skills, which you level up to acquire, and Mutations, which change your appearance (very cool! You gain bigger spine-bones, a crown of horns, a bigger body, and other cosmetic improvements) and give you access to new abilities.

Skills, as previously mentioned, are similar to the Humans' Skill Tree. When you first start out in "Be the Zombie" as the Night Hunter, you gain a Skill Point per level, and you use each Skill Point to unlock a single Skill.

These skills can be new Spits, which you use to disable Humans' abilities (Survivor Sense, UV Light, etc.), or put pressure on Humans, such as creating a Toxic pool on the ground or summoning a Horde of exploding zombies to chase the Humans down.

Or, the skills can be abilities and/or improvements to existing abilities. These can be things like "Tackle," which lets you run into Humans and smash them away from you, off rooftops, or into Spikes for insta-kills; or things like improved speed when using your zombie-tendrils to fly across the map; or increased knock-back (how far the Humans are thrown backward by your abilities).

You can also unlock the ability to "Snipe" with your spits, AKA aiming down a line of sight and charging them to send them farther and more accurately, or "Spit Smash," meaning you can use the Ground Pound skill (smashing the ground around you in a big circle to knock people away or disable Flares, very useful!) and simultaneously affect Humans within range with a Spit of your choice.

"Mutations" can occur at your command when you finish your Skill Tree, and can be done 3 times. You reset all of your skills and have to re-earn them, but in return, your Night Hunter's appearance is altered to be much more intimidating and you gain access to a new Skill.

On Mutation 1, you gain access to a new Spit, "Sense Disable," which disables the Humans' ability to use Survivor sense on you and track your movement. On Mutation 2, you gain "Toxic Spit," which lets you set down a pool of toxic waste in an area, causing continuous damage to anyone touching it. For Mutation 3, you gain "UV Heal," where you can use your UV Block skill (prevents you from being hurt by UV light) to also immediately re-fill your energy and health.

Each Mutation takes longer to level up, as you don't get Skill Points every single level anymore.

Hope that helps!

thanks for this helped alot

I can answer for you too.

But

Are you you're willing to go under a tremendous amount of stress due to OP hunters having unstoppable moves and UV and flares?

If so, Their moves are unstoppable, but not unavoidable. You just have to be fast, and accurate, and make a little mistakes as possible, and use GP on regularly, I mean, you have to pretty much spam it(for a beginner like you).Don't make any mistakes, most mistakes result in death.

Lord...

All I can do it give you my Youtube vid(Not a tutorial vid), just (if you want) study it and try to learn some useful tactics from it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dnmyf7jInuQ

glad you edited those title, calling yourself an expert is a joke :D

so no that was not a match against 2 expert survivor vs 1 expert hunter

i mean it's funny when you run out of energy and you keep pressing jump to run away hahaha

here's a hint for you, don't chase them with GP charged, always do mid-air GP

and don't waste spit when you know they will just gonna dodged it, use some hunter unblockable spit technique (GP + Spit), (Spit + Pounce), (Tackle+Spit), or do a fake GP and spit him instead

and don't always use uv block to run away, use it too before you gonna charged the survivor,

I can answer for you too.

But

Are you you're willing to go under a tremendous amount of stress due to OP hunters having unstoppable moves and UV and flares?

If so, Their moves are unstoppable, but not unavoidable. You just have to be fast, and accurate, and make a little mistakes as possible, and use GP on regularly, I mean, you have to pretty much spam it(for a beginner like you).Don't make any mistakes, most mistakes result in death.

Lord...

All I can do it give you my Youtube vid(Not a tutorial vid), just (if you want) study it and try to learn some useful tactics from it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dnmyf7jInuQ

glad you edited those title, calling yourself an expert is a joke :D

so no that was not a match against 2 expert survivor vs 1 expert hunter

i mean it's funny when you run out of energy and you keep pressing jump to run away hahaha

here's a hint for you, don't chase them with GP charged, always do mid-air GP

and don't waste spit when you know they will just gonna dodged it, use some hunter unblockable spit technique (GP + Spit), (Spit + Pounce), (Tackle+Spit), or do a fake GP and spit him instead

and don't always use uv block to run away, use it too before you gonna charged the survivor,

So.. when I'm out of energy I'm Not supposed to be trying to save my own life? Ok.

I am an expert. Lol. I know lots of tactics and strategies of getting humans. My only issue was exploiting them. :/