Sign in to follow this  
airwalkaidan

Survivors Pov **** Montage Must Watch

A couple of things to note:

Like the Humans, the NHs have "animations." It's the same as when NHs jump over a Human but still get Drop Kicked, and see the Human warp 10 feet into the air to lock-on.

The Night Hunter doesn't Tackle down, only across, so if Tackle is possible, but you're near a solid object, the animation commences and you'll see the Hunter come through an object. It's just the animation putting the Hunter in a spot that coincides with where he would be in the motion, not necessarily where he came from before the Tackle began. Same goes for Pouncing through objects - It's an animation, so if Pounce is possible and there's a corner or something in the way, you'll see the Hunter go straight through it. Basically, NHs can't Pounce or Tackle through objects, but the animation-based attacks place the Hunter where the game sees fit once a legitimate Tackle/Pounce has been commenced to make the animation work.

I can see it being annoying if the object blocks UV Light, but I can't imagine its something NHs can "set up," as it's solely dependant on the Humans' positions. No more annoying than the "hop" animation of Humans when being DFA'd from an equal height, but equally latency/animation-dependant. ;)

The Hunter smashing into spikes and not dying is defintely off, but that's been a problem on both sides for a while now. You're not alone!

Lastly, Hunters invade Humans' games, so Humans host. Not saying he/she can't affect your latency, but just putting some perspective on the matter.

The Night Hunter doesn't Tackle down, only across, so if Tackle is possible, but you're near a solid object, the animation commences and you'll see the Hunter come through an object. It's just the animation putting the Hunter in a spot that coincides with where he would be in the motion, not necessarily where he came from before the Tackle began. Same goes for Pouncing through objects - It's an animation, so if Pounce is possible and there's a corner or something in the way, you'll see the Hunter go straight through it. Basically, NHs can't Pounce or Tackle through objects, but the animation-based attacks place the Hunter where the game sees fit once a legitimate Tackle/Pounce has been commenced to make the animation work.

THIS!!!!

So many survivors call me a hacker, because I tackle them THROUGH objects. It's not that I'm tackling you through it, it's that the cinematic is showing me do it. I nailed the "O" button, AS you were falling off that roof, BEFORE you fell out of sight. It just happened where the cinematic started just as you fell out of view, showing me come through the building. The only time something like this caused some chupacabra, was there were two survivors hit with SS spit, and they were camping in a room with only one entrance. I hit the UV shield, dropped a UV spit, and pounced one of them. He was standing as far into the corner as he could, and when I pounced him, we BOTH went THROUGH the wall and onto the street below, then for some reason, it let me leap-frog his buddy back through that same wall.