Chaos_Deception

My Opinion On "be The Zombie" Balance, Difficulty, Team Work.

Be The Zombie is a Great Mode but has much room for Improvement.  This however I understand is no easy Task to Achieve.

When the Night Hunter is against 2 or more Humans.  Cooperation should be a Key Factor in whether You Win or Lose.  What I mean by this is, going after The Night Hunter Solo should generally be Suicide.

He is a Mutant Super Zombie, that is Faster and Stronger than any Human. So Logic would suggest that going Toe to Toe with the Beast Alone should be a Difficult if not near Impossible Battle.  This would promote Closer more Coordinated Team Work. 

An Example of this would be trying to take on the "Tank" from Left 4 Dead Solo. This Enemy required the whole Team to Attack at the same time.  Players that tried to go against the "Tank" Solo were often Dealt a Swift Demise. And once You Died, You was Eliminated until the next Safe House.

The Night Hunter should retain His Ability to Climb when Drained of Energy. So He can Retreat and  Recharge. As once He is Drained, He is almost always Dead.  This is even more of an Issue in 4 VS 1 Games, as more UV Lights keep Him Crippled for longer.

Any other Feedback welcome. Please Keep it Constructive though and No Flaming of other Users Please.

I think by climbing he means at least let us jump higher for escape and not completely strip us of everything.

I agree with the OP though. I've been trying to say that. Yes, make it so when the player is in 1v1 with the NH he is next to completely screwed. And if you want to fix the whole "Oh what about 1v1 matches!" thing, then make it so the NH can't join any server unless there's 2+ people in it. 

Edited by RaceyStorm3124

I think by climbing he means at least let us jump higher for escape and not completely strip us of everything.

I agree with the OP though. I've been trying to say that. Yes, make it so when the player is in 1v1 with the NH he is next to completely screwed. And if you want to fix the whole "Oh what about 1v1 matches!" thing, then make it so the NH can't join any server unless there's 2+ people in it. 

No. It's already hard enough to find games. And it wouldn't be very fun to solo players either

People have tried this argument long enough OP. The devs won't hear you out. They want Crane to stay OP.

I don't know what there argument is that if the NH is to strong requiring a team effort to take him on, people won't play Pvp. BS which is why you make incentives to attract more into Pvp.

Out if all the 3 hit kill is hilarious. There not giving the hunter anything else besides "Nerfs".

People have tried this argument long enough OP. The devs won't hear you out. They want Crane to stay OP.

I don't know what there argument is that if the NH is to strong requiring a team effort to take him on, people won't play Pvp. BS which is why you make incentives to attract more into Pvp.

Out if all the 3 hit kill is hilarious. There not giving the hunter anything else besides "Nerfs".

Maybe just maybe they might hear the OP out because it's by a Moderator? If not, then I'm wondering what this Forum is for if they don't even consider suggestions.

And I think you're wrong. People might play PvP more if the NH was much stronger. Because I love suspenseful tactful challenging games. Especially ones like Alien Isolation, the Alien was OP, but it was also fun. Techland comes like making the mode suspenseful and tactful can't be fun.

Edited by RaceyStorm3124

Maybe just maybe they might hear the OP out because it's by a Moderator? If not, then I'm wondering what this Forum is for if they don't even consider suggestions.

And I think you're wrong. People might play PvP more if the NH was more OP. Because I love suspenseful tactful challenging games. Especially ones like Alien Isolation, the Alien was OP, but it was also fun. Techland comes like making the mode suspenseful and tactful can't be fun.

Lolz because it's by a moderator makes it more significant or the others on here? Btw you said people will play it more of he's more OP then you said "because of love suspenseful games." lulz.

I have 3 hunters Bro I've seen/heard it all.

BTZ=broken

Dude, I couldn't agree more with you! Me, I just recently posted an topic about "Being the Zombie"-mode where I bring up several other difficulty's with be playing this very mode! This topic I call:

Be the Zombie...see the quarantine from the other side(get your rear end kicked & really get messed up by cowardly players)!

Say what you want about it, but I feel that these complains are legit.

Edited by Gamer-74
filter bypass. alternate wording added

Be The Zombie is a Great Mode but has much room for Improvement.  This however I understand is no easy Task to Achieve.

When the Night Hunter is against 2 or more Humans.  Cooperation should be a Key Factor in whether You Win or Lose.  What I mean by this is, going after The Night Hunter Solo should generally be Suicide.

He is a Mutant Super Zombie, that is Faster and Stronger than any Human. So Logic would suggest that going Toe to Toe with the Beast Alone should be a Difficult if not near Impossible Battle.  This would promote Closer more Coordinated Team Work. 

An Example of this would be trying to take on the "Tank" from Left 4 Dead Solo. This Enemy required the whole Team to Attack at the same time.  Players that tried to go against the "Tank" Solo were often Dealt a Swift Demise. And once You Died, You was Eliminated until the next Safe House.

The Night Hunter should retain His Ability to Climb when Drained of Energy. So He can Retreat and  Recharge. As once He is Drained, He is almost always Dead.  This is even more of an Issue in 4 VS 1 Games, as more UV Lights keep Him Crippled for longer.

Any other Feedback welcome. Please Keep it Constructive though and No Flaming of other Users Please.

In short Crane will stay OP but that doesnt mean experienced NH's cant beat experienced players...change your tactics and improvise.

In 1 v 1's its already gg for me in games with more humans even better because spits recharge alarmingly fast.

Also since tackle is improved now its really good tactic to just beat the chupacabra humans with tackle's, swipes and spit smashes or spit's if youre surrounded. I Never use spits from a distance and you should always save your UV shields as an escape or quick heal up for surprise pounce or even leapfrog...also you can use it to counter DFA's.

As for a tank from L4D, on 1 v 1 vs tank he's generally easy if tank player isnt a total noob.

On roto cfg in L4D with pump shotgun you could own a tank. Because of slower punches. Hunter in the other hand is harder to deal with on 1  v 1's because of his pounce, but can be skeeted while he's pouncing or just shove him. So basically L4D in my back is much more balanced than Dying Light in terms of human side.

In short Crane will stay OP but that doesnt mean experienced NH's cant beat experienced players...change your tactics and improvise.

In 1 v 1's its already gg for me in games with more humans even better because spits recharge alarmingly fast.

Also since tackle is improved now its really good tactic to just beat the chupacabra humans with tackle's, swipes and spit smashes or spit's if youre surrounded. I Never use spits from a distance and you should always save your UV shields as an escape or quick heal up for surprise pounce or even leapfrog...also you can use it to counter DFA's.

As for a tank from L4D, on 1 v 1 vs tank he's generally easy if tank player isnt a total noob.

On roto cfg in L4D with pump shotgun you could own a tank. Because of slower punches. Hunter in the other hand is harder to deal with on 1  v 1's because of his pounce, but can be skeeted while he's pouncing or just shove him. So basically L4D in my back is much more balanced than Dying Light in terms of human side.

Xnon, what you described was us doing all the planning and improvising and everything. I mean, I don't mind it. Since I like challenging games and for a NH, BtZ is very hard, but it is unbelievably unfair. I just hate how we do all this work just to stop them from 1 thing, but the survivors sit on their @sses with UV on the ready and survival sense with a 3-hit kill and pretty much, have everything passed down to them for a straight-up win. The survivors can murder us and it's not even their goal. The survivors have little tactics and unbeatable moves if caught in it.

Instead of talking about how oh, just think and improvise. How about making the NH live up to it's name?

I have yet to see the devs responding to a thread that's about balance issues and what could be changed. A great thing would be if they collected some of the ideas here on the forums, both night hunter and survivor and then poll them. That way the community could give their opinion on what might be good. Say, a certain percentage of "yes" votes (50%,75%) and they would add that feature in game and see how it works.

Xnon, what you described was us doing all the planning and improvising and everything. I mean, I don't mind it. Since I like challenging games and for a NH, BtZ is very hard, but it is unbelievably unfair. I just hate how we do all this work just to stop them from 1 thing, but the survivors sit on their @sses with UV on the ready and survival sense with a 3-hit kill and pretty much, have everything passed down to them for a straight-up win. The survivors can murder us and it's not even their goal. The survivors have little tactics and unbeatable moves if caught in it.

Instead of talking about how oh, just think and improvise. How about making the NH live up to it's name?

You should ask devs about it since they made the BTZ :S.

The thing is think of the Hunter from L4D2.

He's very weak like the Night Hunter, but what made him different?

Maybe the fact that HE needed teamwork from his zombie friends.

The problem is they basically took the Hunter from L4D2 gave it some mobility buffs and new abilities and put it by itself.

Not to mention the fact that IT'S pounce can easily be dodged while it's harder for the hunter's from L4D2 to be dodged.

So basically we're a weak Hunter from L4D2 fighting 4 survivors that have 10 lives of instead of one.