Sign in to follow this  
cat

[Wip - Map] Truckstop Of The Damned

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/3TI3q"><a href="//imgur.com/a/3TI3q">View post on imgur.com</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

It is one of the dlc assets. However my map refuses to load with the dlc pak0 file. In order to have it show up in the asset browser you need that file loaded, but after some time it causes the bug where you can not load the map anymore

Edited by cat

It is one of the dlc assets. However my map refuses to load with the dlc pak0 file. In order to have it show up in the asset browser you need that file loaded, but after some time it causes the bug where you can not load the map anymore

I'm not at home right now, but wouldn't it be possible to unpack the .pak and just add the meshes etc. manually to your maps \data\ folder?

I examined the pak files. They can be unpacked with winrar. However they mostly do not contain meshes (=models) but lists that serve as a pointer to find the meshes in the game content. It appears all the models are already available in the game and editor itself. Because when I delete the pak files from my workshop project the map loads AND the assets are still there and can be copied and moved. But accessing them from the game files depends on the asset browser "finding" them in these lists.

And I tried extracting the pak into my project folder but some files within them cause the bug. It is over 60 list files in one folder and one of them is causing it I think.

My guess is some list in that pak causes references to certain assets to break.

We have to wait for a developer to fix it. In the meantime, anyone who is affected by this bug, can you post a screenshot of your asset list in your map? Then we can narrow the issue down to what exactly is causing it

Edited by cat