Hey everyone!  I just wanted to let you know of some BTZ fixes that will be included in the next patch:

1. Fixed issue where bombers deal less damage than they should

2. Fixed issue of Hunter spawning in safe zone

3. Fixed issue of Hunter being able to spawn a buggy

4. Fixed issue of Bombers not spawning in certain areas

5. Fixed issue where Volatile spawn is locked in a train car

6. Fixed issue allowing Hunter to instantly pounce after a spit

7. Fixed issue allowing Hunter to instantly cancel out of the start of UV Heal state

8. Fixed issue allowing Nests to be killed in 1 shot

9. Fixed issue causing Hunter to sometimes move backwards in tendril locomotion

10. Reduced and fine tuned rubberbanding values across all settings from 1v1 to 4v1

Thanks to everyone who helped bring some of these to our attention quickly! 

Cheers!

There is a non interaction timer in place already.  If you wait at your nest for 5 minutes they will lose. There is absolutely nothing they gain by holding onto a pole. Also they are extremely vulnerable in this position.  Survivors in the water will also time out if they stay.

You have 2 basic ways of getting them off the pole successfully:

1. Just leave them there and win

2. Hit them with a uv disable spit then pounce them for a kill

What about the fine tuning you mentioned for the "buff or nerf the hunter if he's either winning or losing" system? Right now it's better to let the hunter freaking kill you or let the humans destroy your nests to avoid dragging the match for too long.

There is a non interaction timer in place already.  If you wait at your nest for 5 minutes they will lose. There is absolutely nothing they gain by holding onto a pole. Also they are extremely vulnerable in this position.  Survivors in the water will also time out if they stay.

You have 2 basic ways of getting them off the pole successfully:

1. Just leave them there and win

2. Hit them with a uv disable spit then pounce them for a kill

I love Dying Light, and idk why. Just something alluring about it. Maybe it's the kick-@ss parkour in FPS like mirrors edge? Might be it. Definitely not the PvP though..

Edited by RaceyStorm3124

- This wasn't fixed in a previous patch? I could have sworn it was. Nonetheless, I haven't seen this performed in the wild in recent times.

- I actually enjoyed this since it was a nice "trick" to disorient the humans. They would be expecting you to tendril forward, while you do the opposite and catch them off guard. Since the humans are able to dodge backwards, why can't the NH be given the skill to tendril backwards? It would be a cool addition to the NH's current skill set.

- This wasn't fixed in a previous patch? I could have sworn it was. Nonetheless, I haven't seen this performed in the wild in recent times.

- I actually enjoyed this since it was a nice "trick" to disorient the humans. They would be expecting you to tendril forward, while you do the opposite and catch them off guard. Since the humans are able to dodge backwards, why can't the NH be given the skill to tendril backwards? It would be a cool addition to the NH's current skill set.

6. It was... but there is still a tricky way to get around the cooldown...  not after the patch though ;)

9. It is kind of cool but was unintended and can cause issues when you are trying to chase a buggy

Glad you fix some of them, like i experience the one that the nest is inside the locked train car, we waste around 10 minutes trying to destroy it, but finally we had to shoot them since it's the only way to get them. also had the hunter spawn in safe zone twice :D

but what about the Hunter can tackle without running? it won't be fixed?

also what about all the hackers. can't you do something about them?

Edited by Nova Scotia

Glad you fix some of them, like i experience the one that the nest is inside the locked train car, we waste around 10 minutes trying to destroy it, but finally we had to shoot them since it's the only way to get them. also had the hunter spawn in safe zone twice :D

nest is inside the locked train car

Where is this located, can you take screen shot?

I've never seen this and can't replicate it as a hunter, only takes a few second to start running though.

That's is what VAC is for, enable it in options/internet.

For me it was happen in the factory, you can't open the train car, but you can still shot it by the tiny holes between the train doors

Hunter can tackle without running, you just need to use the tendril to the ground near the survivor while you hold your tackle button,

and when you reach the ground it automatically goes to tackle animation, so no running needed. it's being used by a lot of skilled hunter, and it's a pain to dodge them
since the hunter usually tendril'ing around the human before using that technique

all my games have vac enable. and those cheater/hackers are still entering

i would like to also note, that many are using unlimited spit or the spit regeneration is bugged, which is a pain to avoid it,

especially when i counted that they used their spit already and so i approach them and yet they still have more spit

bomber spit duration is also something the dev need to check as it seem SOMETIME it take a very long time to end especially when i'm above a bus or running out of them, and i also see sometime the bomber doesn't spawn or have delayed spawn

also buggy can't always be respawn (when the human died) it said it was occupied while it's on 1vs1 and the hunter is not on the buggy.

and sometime the buggy lose all his parts and trap (eletric cage, alarm) like it was reset'ed when in BTZ, so i need to set up it again, which is in pain when in btz

nest is inside the locked train car

Where is this located, can you take screen shot?

I've never seen this and can't replicate it as a hunter, only takes a few second to start running though.

That's is what VAC is for, enable it in options/internet.

Edited by Nova Scotia

Dunno if it's a local thing or not, but quite a few people I talked to complained about stability issues when some player joins a match.

Of course, the seasoned Btz players among us will immediately have a red flag springing up here, speculating as to the kind of player this typically happens to, but I've seen it happen to what seem to be a number of beginners in the last few days. And this more than usual. But maybe y'all were updating stuff under our feet so idk. Just thought it worth mentioning.

As for the nest spawning inside the train: I think all survivor groups that destroyed that nest deserve some prize for problem solving + believing in the game at that point. And all hunters that didn't abuse the situation likewise.  :lol:   

6. It was... but there is still a tricky way to get around the cooldown...  not after the patch though ;)

9. It is kind of cool but was unintended and can cause issues when you are trying to chase a buggy

9. so make it intended :) chasing a buggy is a waste of time in 95% cases as it is really hard to reach it, most times you will chase it to next nests without any luck of doing damage.

What about the camouflage? If the human is camouflaged and got spit, the horde will pursue him, but if he  camouflage after spit, then he is safe (what's the difference?). Why? I played against a human, who drank some camouflage potion after spit splashed out and he did it everytime. I lost succesfull spit and he gains camo.

Edited by sanjyuubi

Buggy to be honest is a death trap. there are so many ways for hunter to stop the buggy,

1. Get on it and use the stomp to make human dead

2. GP it. it will make the buggy turn over

3. UV Spit it, it will render their uv disabled so you can pounce them after they try to get out, if not keep GP it until the human dead.

4. Horde Spit, it will make the bomber chase after them

if you can't reach them that meant your tendril skill need to be improved, as hunter can chase them easily, and try playing as survivor and drive the buggy while someone chasing you that will make you make mistake, and a mistake is equal dead while you are in a buggy

camo potion have cool down already, beside if you successfully horde spit them, don't let them go away, chase after them, make it harder for them to drink the potion, or even go up to a building, tackle them, GP them

don't just watch, be a part of it.

and learn how to do mid-air GP, Spit, and Tackle that combination is deadly if use correctly. no human can survive it. that's why i'm asking for a nerf in tackle because it's too hard to survive that combo

9. so make it intended :) chasing a buggy is a waste of time in 95% cases as it is really hard to reach it, most times you will chase it to next nests without any luck of doing damage.

What about the camouflage? If the human is camouflaged and got spit, the horde will pursue him, but if he  camouflage after spit, then he is safe (what's the difference?). Why? I played against a human, who drank some camouflage potion after spit splashed out and he did it everytime. I lost succesfull spit and he gains camo.

Edited by Nova Scotia

What about the camouflage? If the human is camouflaged and got spit, the horde will pursue him, but if he camouflage after spit, then he is safe (what's the difference?). Why? I played against a human, who drank some camouflage potion after spit splashed out and he did it everytime. I lost succesfull spit and he gains camo.

If you melee them after they drink a cloak potion the horde will chase them again.

I really enjoyed the backwards tendril, it was difficult to initiate accidentally and helped when used correctly as stated above.

Nova I have to completely disagree with you. Hunters are the same speed as buggies while holding tendril. At that time humans may easily change direction while we're holding down tendril going only forward. Thus humans have increased mobility with equal speed, combined with a large empty map with nests able to be run over means the new map is not as much fun for us hunters.

A mistake in the buggie is not easy, humans may exit at will, deploy traps and have a friend shoot at you during all this. While we struggle to keep up in order to successfully GP or get by the front end. Horde is also basically useless, they are too few or too slow, I've used it enough to see people are barly bothered while they are at full speed.

Fact that you told someone else they need more skill is not only insulting but also ignorant. As i would love to see any hunter post a match where they were capable of clearly catching up to a buggy at full speed. And then be able to catch up to the others before they get to the nest. As this was easily possible in the original maps.

you do know that map is not all empty, there are bump along the way, and most of the nest usually are inaccessible by buggy,
and you also know that the human getting on the buggy is for getting to the nest which is usually far now, and usually not a straight path and with that in mind you must also know instead of chasing them,  you could go straight to the nest and set trap there, either GP or Spit.

i already tell this last post, don't just watch when the human get spitted by horde spit, go after them, make it harder for them to run, or go pounced them,

I really enjoyed the backwards tendril, it was difficult to initiate accidentally and helped when used correctly as stated above.

Nova I have to completely disagree with you. Hunters are the same speed as buggies while holding tendril. At that time humans may easily change direction while we're holding down tendril going only forward. Thus humans have increased mobility with equal speed, combined with a large empty map with nests able to be run over means the new map is not as much fun for us hunters.

A mistake in the buggie is not easy, humans may exit at will, deploy traps and have a friend shoot at you during all this. While we struggle to keep up in order to successfully GP or get by the front end. Horde is also basically useless, they are too few or too slow, I've used it enough to see people are barly bothered while they are at full speed.

Fact that you told someone else they need more skill is not only insulting but also ignorant. As i would love to see any hunter post a match where they were capable of clearly catching up to a buggy at full speed. And then be able to catch up to the others before they get to the nest. As this was easily possible in the original maps.

yes i also would like to see this fixed

not btz related but this seems like the only place where devs answer questions Are you guys going to fix the glitched 15th strange rock?

Uh so I'm just supposed to wait at my nest like some camper? Waiting for them to come to me? If that's the case then then the game is ruined. I know it's not ALL straight but that's not the point. You can't say oh the nests are too far if you can move twice as fast. Many of your arguments are dismissed once we have 4 people on 2 buggies.

Hey everyone!  I just wanted the BTZ fixes that will be included in the next patch:

Cheers!

Thanks so much! These ones were bothering me to no end. My Horde would just flop around sometimes and explode 1 foot from a guy with minuscule damage. Sometimes they wouldn't spawn at all.

Glad to see you guys are on the up-and-up. Any release date?

Hey everyone!  I just wanted the BTZ fixes that will be included in the next patch:

2. Fixed issue of Hunter spawning in safe zone

3. Fixed issue of Hunter being able to spawn a buggy

5. Fixed issue where Volatile spawn is locked in a train car

7. Fixed issue allowing Hunter to instantly cancel out of the start of UV Heal state

10. Reduced and fine tuned rubberbanding values across all settings from 1v1 to 4v1

Cheers!

Wth no. 3? Lol whose buggy was stolen by the hunter? Can it drive too? Lmao

Anyway, thanks for the update Pete.

Excuse me Pete but I´ve been in a trouble tackling survivors who I just GP'd on the edge and suddendly when they are on the air they are still able to dodge me, have your team noticed that, it is an exploid or its a new advantage added to survivors (and if it is why)? Also when is this patch going to be set?