Sign in to follow this  
Nova Scotia

Survivor Point Of View

So many here seems to be a hunter, so i would like to share my point of view as survivor

1. Hunter Tackle need to be changed, basically he can just tendril to the ground near the survivor and press the tackle button and he automatically in tackle mode

change it so the hunter need to at least run for a sec or two before it can tackle

2. there is so many time playing against a skilled hunter, where my uv and flare is both in cooldown, while the hunter energy already regenerated to full, tried to run away using hook but as you probably know it's useless against pounce, so maybe increase the flare before it need to cooldown, as the hunter can use their spit and GP to disable the flare

3. DfA is already okay now. i don't know why people keep still complaining, as right now techland already change it so you need to really see the hunter to DfA not like the magnet it was before. and playing as hunter, you will know when the surivor is attempting to DfA so you can basically avoid it by not standing below the survivor

4. Hacker is still rampant in BTZ not just hunter but survivor too. i have seen hunter who spam spit & uv block like it's regenerated in second, and hunter who have unlimited health and the only way to kill him is by doing DfA,

i had one match with a hunter that cheats using unlimited hp, i said to him cheater loser, and he instead just said, "i get the last laugh when you quit and i get the XP", so i just play with him and DfA him couple of times (yes he is that bad) and at last he rage quit lol :D

and there is also survivor who have their UV unlimited and with also unlimited hp, unlimited ammo, etc etc, and this is all when VAC is enable, so find a way to fix those as right now VAC is not enough.

and i also would like to know what is the exact regeneration time for spit and uv block in 1vs1 (and if they differ in each mutation)

as i had a match against a level 20 hunter and in 28 minutes matches in 1vs1, where he use 27 horde spit,18 uv spit and 37 uv block/uv heal, is that possible?

oh and i forget about the time when the hunter suddenly gone invisible, and the hunter icon in the minimap suddenly attached to me (like i'm the hunter), and the hunter suddenly pounced me out of nowhere, i don't know if its a glitch or cheat but he did manage to do it couple of times until i just drop flare and wait around, and after failed pounce animation he started to be visible again

So many here seems to be a hunter, so i would like to share my point of view as survivor

1. Hunter Tackle need to be changed, basically he can just tendril to the ground near the survivor and press the tackle button and he automatically in tackle mode

change it so the hunter need to at least run for a sec or two before it can tackle

2. there is so many time playing against a skilled hunter, where my uv and flare is both in cooldown, while the hunter energy already regenerated to full, tried to run away using hook but as you probably know it's useless against pounce, so maybe increase the flare before it need to cooldown, as the hunter can use their spit and GP to disable the flare

3. DfA is already okay now. i don't know why people keep still complaining, as right now techland already change it so you need to really see the hunter to DfA not like the magnet it was before. and playing as hunter, you will know when the surivor is attempting to DfA so you can basically avoid it by not standing below the survivor

4. Hacker is still rampant in BTZ not just hunter but survivor too. i have seen hunter who spam spit & uv block like it's regenerated in second, and hunter who have unlimited health and the only way to kill him is by doing DfA,

i had one match with a hunter that cheats using unlimited hp, i said to him cheater loser, and he instead just said, "i get the last laugh when you quit and i get the XP", so i just play with him and DfA him couple of times (yes he is that bad) and at last he rage quit lol :D

and there is also survivor who have their UV unlimited and with also unlimited hp, unlimited ammo, etc etc, and this is all when VAC is enable, so find a way to fix those as right now VAC is not enough.

and i also would like to know what is the exact regeneration time for spit and uv block in 1vs1 (and if they differ in each mutation)

as i had a match against a level 20 hunter and in 28 minutes matches in 1vs1, where he use 27 horde spit,18 uv spit and 37 uv block/uv heal, is that possible?

1. No. Dodge when you see it approaching on the map with your "survivor sense, the window to avoid the tackle is plenty wide. 

2.To end up with UV Flashlight + flair on cooldown, first hypothesis: you played badly (lack of experience, this is not a criticism) second hypothesis the hunter EXTREMELY well played his game. (UV heal)

In terms of spits and GP: Dodge

3.Whether for the Drop-kick or DFA, there are always (less) trouble with magnetism. And not only with poor connection. But overall, the DFA is "correct"

4. You play on PC ? If so sorry for you, all you can do is throw parties VAC, but even here there are hackers it seems. So try to keep their nickname in memory, passed the information to the dev and avoid playing against them.

the cooldown of hunter skills differs only in relation to the numbers of players. There is however a concept Buff (survivors and hunter) for the losing side which is far behind in the game. For humans, the hunter loses faster and nests are simpler energy (I am not aware of anything else). hunter side, the cooldown of skills is reduced and it loses its energy less easily. For now it is too aggressive and it will be adjusted to the next patch.

"a level 20 hunter and in 28 minutes matches in 1vs1, where he use 27 horde spit,18 uv spit and 37 uv block/uv heal, is that possible?" 

That's a lot, I think it was a hacker.

Finally, I advice you to inform you about the hunter (his skills, his way of moving) or even play the NH. You will see that it is very limited and fairly predictable overall. With experience you can easily see if the player in front of you is going to be a problem or not. And don't forget: dodge is your most powerful friend.

1. what do you mean no? a guy even posted his video here showing he is using tackle without any running needed. and that is trouble because tendril is way faster than human

http://forum.techland.pl/topic/8070-post-your-btz-matches/page-17#entry40498

and dodge when you see hunter approaching? you do know survivor cannot outrun a hunter, even with a dodge, a skilled hunter will just use his tendril away to get in front of you and use his gp or spit

and yes i know tackle can be dodged but you can't always dodge since dodging will not allow you to do second action (like healing, swinging your weapon),

2. yes maybe i play badly but i'm sure no matter how good you are as survivor, against a SKILLED hunter in 1vs1 you will lose,especially if the hunter use that tackle trick and GP, and combined it with uv block or uv heal i'm also sure you will run out both UV & Flare, if not you are probably dead already

4. that's why i post here, so the developer know and hopefully find a way to fix it.

even with attack that's predictable, it doesn't mean you always know how to handle it,

maybe later i will post a video against a skilled hunter and you tell me how to handle it or what i did wrong, as from what i can see, it seem nobody could. and that mean it's imbalance.

1. No. Dodge when you see it approaching on the map with your "survivor sense, the window to avoid the tackle is plenty wide. 
2.To end up with UV Flashlight + flair on cooldown, first hypothesis: you played badly (lack of experience, this is not a criticism) second hypothesis the hunter EXTREMELY well played his game. (UV heal)

In terms of spits and GP: Dodge
3.Whether for the Drop-kick or DFA, there are always (less) trouble with magnetism. And not only with poor connection. But overall, the DFA is "correct"
4. You play on PC ? If so sorry for you, all you can do is throw parties VAC, but even here there are hackers it seems. So try to keep their nickname in memory, passed the information to the dev and avoid playing against them.

the cooldown of hunter skills differs only in relation to the numbers of players. There is however a concept Buff (survivors and hunter) for the losing side which is far behind in the game. For humans, the hunter loses faster and nests are simpler energy (I am not aware of anything else). hunter side, the cooldown of skills is reduced and it loses its energy less easily. For now it is too aggressive and it will be adjusted to the next patch.

"a level 20 hunter and in 28 minutes matches in 1vs1, where he use 27 horde spit,18 uv spit and 37 uv block/uv heal, is that possible?" 
That's a lot, I think it was a hacker.

Finally, I advice you to inform you about the hunter (his skills, his way of moving) or even play the NH. You will see that it is very limited and fairly predictable overall. With experience you can easily see if the player in front of you is going to be a problem or not. And don't forget: dodge is your most powerful friend.

1.  TBH I believe this is fair.  As a NH there is no dodge to dropkick and complaining that you can't hack and dodge at the same time doesn't seem like a viable excuse to change this when there is plenty of time to shine the UV if you dodge correctly.

2.  If you run out of UV's and flares without getting hit with a UV spit then it truly does come down to skill.  If there was a spit used, flares spaced correctly shouldn't be much of a problem till your light is back on and there are plenty of benefits depending on the map you're on.  And stated above, just dodge GP's even if they're just for a flare, you should have a couple out that the NH can't GP all of em and the animation is a chupacabra to get out of if you don't have contact on a survivor.

3.  Agreed, from the magnetism it was before to what it is now, it does seem more suitable for both sides and something you really need to think about before committing to.  I'm glad that change was made.

4.  Hacking like that on PC is why I strictly stay on console PvP.  Oh the frustrations thinking back in the day to PC is exhausting in itself.

And lastly to give you a better understanding of the new PvP "balance."  If you as a survivor are winning, the NH spawn rate is decreased, time on spit regen is decreased, and health on nests are increased along with the amount of zombies "protecting" it.  This goes both ways as NH spawn is increased, spit regen is increased, and nest health is decreased if he/she is winning as well.  As for the numbers on each I haven't tested it nearly enough to be competent to say but if you were winning the amount of spits seems very plausible.

to answer your no 1 & 2  do tell me how to avoid when the hunter is doing UV block, GP, UV spit stuck, and while you make decision to throw a flare/heal yourself or even run away, the hunter then tackle, and even if you dodge the tackle and successfully throw a flare, the hunter will then just use his GP, and you just can't run away since you screwed with no uv light and no flare, and either you dead because of the tackle or get pounced because you are out without both uv and flare, and all of this the hunter still have all the energy, so if you do misstep along the way you will get pounced. that combo is what make the hunter OP.

even if no spit involved, the hunter could also tendriling it near survivor and tendriling away since his speed is buffed now, so the survivor waste his uv and forced to use the flare. then the hunter could just use his GP or his uv spit to render off the survivor flare or/and uv light, and then you only left with one flare left. and they just do the GP and your out of your uv light and flare.

they released in PC, so it's their job to make sure no cheat especially if PVP are involved, staying away from pc because cheaters is not the right way,  if they still want people playing for months to come than they need to fix it, as many would leave the game if it's not solved, just like i was leaving when before the following dlc, when they introduce VAC i thought it will solved the cheater issue, but my guess is wrong.

i do know they give buff when you are losing, but whether to that extreme (that's more than 1 spit per minute) i don't know yet, but they should have told use how much buff is giving out. so we would know if the person is cheating or not and can report it or not, or just fix the cheat so no one need to think whether is a cheat or not.

1.  TBH I believe this is fair.  As a NH there is no dodge to dropkick and complaining that you can't hack and dodge at the same time doesn't seem like a viable excuse to change this when there is plenty of time to shine the UV if you dodge correctly.

2.  If you run out of UV's and flares without getting hit with a UV spit then it truly does come down to skill.  If there was a spit used, flares spaced correctly shouldn't be much of a problem till your light is back on and there are plenty of benefits depending on the map you're on.  And stated above, just dodge GP's even if they're just for a flare, you should have a couple out that the NH can't GP all of em and the animation is a chupacabra to get out of if you don't have contact on a survivor.

3.  Agreed, from the magnetism it was before to what it is now, it does seem more suitable for both sides and something you really need to think about before committing to.  I'm glad that change was made.

4.  Hacking like that on PC is why I strictly stay on console PvP.  Oh the frustrations thinking back in the day to PC is exhausting in itself.

And lastly to give you a better understanding of the new PvP "balance."  If you as a survivor are winning, the NH spawn rate is decreased, time on spit regen is decreased, and health on nests are increased along with the amount of zombies "protecting" it.  This goes both ways as NH spawn is increased, spit regen is increased, and nest health is decreased if he/she is winning as well.  As for the numbers on each I haven't tested it nearly enough to be competent to say but if you were winning the amount of spits seems very plausible.

Edited by Nova Scotia

to answer your no 1 & 2  do tell me how to avoid when the hunter is doing UV block, GP, UV spit stuck, and while you make decision to throw a flare/heal yourself or even run away, the hunter then tackle, and even if you dodge the tackle and successfully throw a flare, the hunter will then just use his GP, and you just can't run away since you screwed with no uv light and no flare, and either you dead because of the tackle or get pounced because you are out without both uv and flare, and all of this the hunter still have all the energy, so if you do misstep along the way you will get pounced. that combo is what make the hunter OP.

even if no spit involved, the hunter could also tendriling it near survivor and tendriling away since his speed is buffed now, so the survivor waste his uv and forced to use the flare. then the hunter could just use his GP or his uv spit to render off the survivor flare or/and uv light, and then you only left with one flare left. and they just do the GP and your out of your uv light and flare.

they released in PC, so it's their job to make sure no cheat especially if PVP are involved, staying away from pc because cheaters is not the right way,  if they still want people playing for months to come than they need to fix it, as many would leave the game if it's not solved, just like i was leaving when before the following dlc, when they introduce VAC i thought it will solved the cheater issue, but my guess is wrong.

i do know they give buff when you are losing, but whether to that extreme (that's more than 1 spit per minute) i don't know yet, but they should have told use how much buff is giving out. so we would know if the person is cheating or not and can report it or not, or just fix the cheat so no one need to think whether is a cheat or not.

totally agree !!! you can't break this combo.

Edited by Chaos_Deception
Inflamatory Comment

You know that only works in 1v1 situations and it requires timing. I would just do the good old spit uv + pounce to lock them in animation + pounce again.

you know that there are people out there who just play 1vs1...

the game has to be balanced for all aspects of the multiplayer not just the 4vs1 part!

1) uhm.  You can't instant tackle.  You have to be sprinting.  the video you linked the guy was sprinting and that's very appearent.  The enhanced edition patch let night hunters keep their momentum in tendril.  and you can both sprint into and out of it.  So he's already sprinting in that video.  However the back and forth thing he was doing is supposedly a glitch and is getting patched.  But his tackle was legit and he was sprinting.

2) I actually got into an argument with my friend about this situation last night.  He the survivor I the hunter. I baited him into a UV spit which disabled his flashlight.  He dropped a flare I activated my UV block mid air and GPed it.  the GP connected with him and destroyed the flare which let me auto pounce him.  I bascially forced him into a situation he could not do anything to counter.  And he didn't believe that was fair.  I did.  Because I had to nail everything perfectly there and expend 2 of my abilities.  In a game mode where it's always 1 versus multiple others the 1 player has to be stronger then an individual on the other side.  Meaning even if both players in that situation did everything right the 1 should always win by design in that situation.

3) So if DFA is fine with you right now then why make a point about it?

4) The best you can do is simply report and move on.

in 1v1 match spits and UV block are both on one minute cool downs.  However if the survivor is completely destroying the hunter the hunter will get buffs.  one of those gives him faster cooldowns.  up to 30 seconds.

you know that there are people out there who just play 1vs1...

the game has to be balanced for all aspects of the multiplayer not just the 4vs1 part!

Well then, if you see the hunter uses that as his tactic, prepare for it. You can throw 3 flares if you wait a second or two, throw them in a triangle pattern. It requires skill to pull off a tactic like this every time. And I highly doubt the hunter would have enough time to use this as their only tactic because of cooldowns. And there's dropkick, even though the hunter is supposed to win GP against dropkick easier now, I still get hit by it a lot when playing as a hunter. Now that I think of it, I don't think I have ever failed a dropkick against the hunter due to him using groundpound when playing as a survivor :D

1. uhm you can use all the word that you can but in that video show clearly that the hunter do a tackle after tendril and without running first, momentum or not, that give more edge to hunter

2. whether you use it perfectly and spent your 2 abilities, skilled survivor should have a way to survive, i can turn it around and say i already use my uv light and flare to empty the hunter energy, why he still can get away, because i perfectly empty his energy and use 2 of my abilities :D

3. because so many people here still complaining about DfA, i'm making my point to let them know that they already changed it

1) uhm.  You can't instant tackle.  You have to be sprinting.  the video you linked the guy was sprinting and that's very appearent.  The enhanced edition patch let night hunters keep their momentum in tendril.  and you can both sprint into and out of it.  So he's already sprinting in that video.  However the back and forth thing he was doing is supposedly a glitch and is getting patched.  But his tackle was legit and he was sprinting.

2) I actually got into an argument with my friend about this situation last night.  He the survivor I the hunter. I baited him into a UV spit which disabled his flashlight.  He dropped a flare I activated my UV block mid air and GPed it.  the GP connected with him and destroyed the flare which let me auto pounce him.  I bascially forced him into a situation he could not do anything to counter.  And he didn't believe that was fair.  I did.  Because I had to nail everything perfectly there and expend 2 of my abilities.  In a game mode where it's always 1 versus multiple others the 1 player has to be stronger then an individual on the other side.  Meaning even if both players in that situation did everything right the 1 should always win by design in that situation.

3) So if DFA is fine with you right now then why make a point about it?

4) The best you can do is simply report and move on.

in 1v1 match spits and UV block are both on one minute cool downs.  However if the survivor is completely destroying the hunter the hunter will get buffs.  one of those gives him faster cooldowns.  up to 30 seconds.

1. uhm you can use all the word that you can but in that video show clearly that the hunter do a tackle after tendril and without running first, momentum or not, that give more edge to hunter

2. whether you use it perfectly and spent your 2 abilities, skilled survivor should have a way to survive, i can turn it around and say i already use my uv light and flare to empty the hunter energy, why he still can get away, because i perfectly empty his energy and use 2 of my abilities :D

3. because so many people here still complaining about DfA, i'm making my point to let them know that they already changed it

1) Yeah he was sprinting after it.  The animation is clearly there.  In fact the only reason why he's flying back and forth like that is BECAUSE he's sprinting to cause the momentum to sling himself back and forth.  The patch specifically allows a hunter to tackle instantly right out of a tendril as long as you had already sprinted into the tendril for the momentum and touch a surface briefly.

2) I guess what I said flew right over your head.  the hunter is supposed to be more powerful in a 1v1 situation.  So no.  If I string together a situation in which the survivor can't do a thing about it then it's legit.  If you want to call it "unfair" then go ahead.  But it's meant to be this way by design.  And it's not like the human is incapable of making situations that the hunter can't do anything about either.

3) complaining about complainers is just as un productive as the original complaint if it's unfounded.

1. The fact that matter it's instant tackle, no matter you run first before tendril or not, what matter is he doesn't run after the tendril. and from my point of view it's a way for hunter to do a tackle spam which is bad giving there are already a GP spam

2.  why must the hunter be more powerful in 1vs1? why not have a balance in every 1 vs x, so what matter is skill, you may call it legit that's your opinion, but when a survivor can't escape even if its hard to, is not legit for me

3. and complaining about the complainer who complain the complain is also unproductive

i'm done replying to you since you are clearly just trying to flame

1) Yeah he was sprinting after it.  The animation is clearly there.  In fact the only reason why he's flying back and forth like that is BECAUSE he's sprinting to cause the momentum to sling himself back and forth.  The patch specifically allows a hunter to tackle instantly right out of a tendril as long as you had already sprinted into the tendril for the momentum and touch a surface briefly.

2) I guess what I said flew right over your head.  the hunter is supposed to be more powerful in a 1v1 situation.  So no.  If I string together a situation in which the survivor can't do a thing about it then it's legit.  If you want to call it "unfair" then go ahead.  But it's meant to be this way by design.  And it's not like the human is incapable of making situations that the hunter can't do anything about either.

3) complaining about complainers is just as un productive as the original complaint if it's unfounded.

1. The fact that matter it's instant tackle, no matter you run first before tendril or not, what matter is he doesn't run after the tendril. and from my point of view it's a way for hunter to do a tackle spam which is bad giving there are already a GP spam

2.  why must the hunter be more powerful in 1vs1? why not have a balance in every 1 vs x, so what matter is skill, you may call it legit that's your opinion, but when a survivor can't escape even if its hard to, is not legit for me

3. and complaining about the complainer who complain the complain is also unproductive

i'm done replying to you since you are clearly just trying to flame

1) I see there is no getting through to you.  The way it works right now is intended.  I've tried explaining why it's possible.  If you don't like it then you don't like it.  I was just merely trying to point out that it's working as intended.

2) I explained this already in the thing you quoted.  because humans have numbers on their side the hunter has to be stronger then the individual.  That doesn't mean it's impossible for survivors to win a 1v1 situation.  In fact there are plenty of videos on youtube showing a single survivor completely outplaying a night hunter despite the night hunter's advantages.  All it really means is in a situation where both players are of similar skill the hunter is supposed to win.  Again as with my first point you don't have to like it.  I was just pointing out that it's by design.

3)  I was not complaining about your complaint.  Merely asking.

I'm clearly not flaming you.  I've stayed respectful and calm this entire time.  But if you have to write me off as flaming to move forward with your day then by all means.  Sorry it's so difficult for you to handle someone disagreeing with your opinion.

Can you quote a post by a dev saying that won't be changed? sorry but you are just a moderator not a developer

i could also say the One Hit Kill nest by headshot is intentional as it was specified in the game file,

balancing something, mean something need to be changed. i will wait till more hunter used that instant tackle so more will complain :)

The Ability for the Night Hunter to Tackle after Tendrilling to the Floor is Intentional. This will not change.

Can you quote a post by a dev saying that won't be changed? sorry but you are just a moderator not a developer

i could also say the One Hit Kill nest by headshot is intentional as it was specified in the game file,

balancing something, mean something need to be changed. i will wait till more hunter used that instant tackle so more will complain :)

So i guess the hunter needs to be OHK with a head shot too cause that's the norm in the zombies' lore.

Plus, the horde spawning instantaneously near you is also intentional cause it is specified in the game file. Oh oh how about the one where the hunter has this weapon attached to its arm and OHK survivor? That must be intentional too right! and the other one where the nests get destroyed instantly after the hunter joins in is intentional too! i'm sure of it, I'm a freaking genius! Heil me!

Ah and Chaos, don't tell me otherwise cause u are just a moderator..  :lol:

Only for Chaos to open:

It's a joke Chaos, i respect u B)

Edited by EnlightenMe

1. that is fine you can dodge that by jumping, if you know exactly when a hunter is going to do what then there is no possible way a hunter can win, they have so many less ways to attack when compared to a human.

2. Don't spam flares as soon as you can't uv wait a few seconds you can normally get 4-5 flares out if you time when you throw them, throw one wait a few throw another and move in between them (you don't need more than 2 flares)

3. don't know what your talking about its still rubbish (saying this as both hunter and human) i have got so many kills as human and killed so many times as hunter from dfa's that would not hit granted it is better spike kills for both human and hunter are the only real problem

4.yeah i agree there have always been so many modders in pvp no matter who you are it sucks. ways to killer hackers as human and hunter

human hacker

pounce

tackle or gp them into spikes

Hunter hacker

drop kickthem into spikes

uv them into spikes (from a pounce)

dodge a tackle(into spikes (good to tempt a hunter)

dfa

just keep healing and uv torch everything and just go for the nests

The Regen is the same across mutations its when a hunter is facing more humans the regen increases so if you were playing with a friend i can imagine that the hunter might be able to get those spits out(also worth noting i haven't seen weaker hunter regen for myself (i have been a apex mute 3 for ages)