Sign in to follow this  
Rabid Squirrel

Bugs Spotted With Recent Tools Update

Hey all,

I was super excited when the Developer Tools became available again today. I quickly updated and jumped right in.

Unfortunately when I opened a previously saved map a majority of the brush placed objects had disappeared.

When I tried to put them back I discovered the the Brushes "Stone, Underwater Plants Low, Underwater Plants High, Trash, and Grass Low" did not work.

What I attempted to fix it:

• So I figured maybe just load up some new brushes, so I created a new map using the example map. Unfortunately I had the exact same error.
  • I then steam validated both Dying Light and the Developer Tools, the Developer Tools was missing about 30KB. I figured that was the brush script.
  • So so I created another new map using the example map, but the error is still present.

So I have arrived at the conclusion that it is a bug.

Can anyone else confirm?

*Side Note: "Grass High, and Nature" Brushes work without issue.

Thanks in Advance,

Squirrel.

Once i have time i ´ll try to uninstall devtools also all folders related to it cause i talk with a friend who just installed the latest tool ´s version and i have folders that does not exist in the new tools.

I have the tools since they were available also i had installed almost every beta version so all seems messed and a clean reinstall will reveals what goes really wrong with new tools.

Or old maps are no more compatible?

My old map builds loaded sorta well (lost a few dynamic lights and skins), but the update seems to have broken (wont play/recognize) all my custom *.ogg sound files. I've rebuilt my audio bank multiple times and even individually re-coded every *.ogg without success. Any ideas guys?

Thnx in advance..

PiZLe__

Edited by PiZle_

My old map builds loaded sorta well (lost a few dynamic lights and skins), but the update seems to have broken (wont play/recognize) all my custom *.ogg sound files. I've rebuilt my audio bank multiple times and even individually re-coded every *.ogg without success. Any ideas guys?

Thnx in advance..

PiZLe__

Try to make a new empty map then import your custom ogg sounds in it then test if it´s working there.

If it´s working in the new map , it means something is broken in your old map.

If sound does not work in both maps, i dunno but this is a good start to find some answer.

I can confirm the brush issue as well.
After the recent DevTools update I'm also missing these meshes as listed below:

•     bridge_wall_b.msh
  •     decal_debris_big.msh
  •     desert_bush_c.msh
  •     slums_antenna_buildterrain_78.msh
  •     slums_demolition_buildterrain_85.msh
  •     slums_demolition_buildterrain_99.msh
  •     slums_demolition_buildterrain_117.msh

Screenshot:
http://i.imgur.com/nO8wDwf.jpg

Unfortunately several skins are missing too.
My current skins of the WaterCurrent are not listed in the Skins tab, except for the "default" one.
This also applies to the DummyBox.
When creating a new map by using the Example Map, these same errors are indicated as well.

Screenshot:
http://i.imgur.com/jKSc37I.jpg

An other issue:
Regarding the new assets of The Following DLC: I assume not all of them are implemented yet.
While digging into the game files, I noticed some meshes are missing in the DevTools.
For example: ezgi.msh, jasir.msh, orlando.msh (Bilal), mother.msh and probably many more.
I can't find the new AI such as the Giant Freaks, Viral Jumpers and new Volatiles either.

Unfortunately a complete re-install of both Dying Light and Developer Tools didn't solve the problem.
Hopefully a fix gets out soon! Thanks in advance.

Try to make a new empty map then import your custom ogg sounds in it then test if it´s working there.

If it´s working in the new map , it means something is broken in your old map.

If sound does not work in both maps, i dunno but this is a good start to find some answer.

...all good thoughts, Cr1m3! I'll give those a try and post the results.

Hey all,

I got confirmation that the Brushes issue is a bug.

I have also had some success in finding a few of the DLC assets in the tools but not all of them.

Generally the assets prefixed with 'wl_' or 'wasteland' or 'dlc_' produce the DLC assets I was looking for. Also unable to find the new waterfalls demonstrated in 'The Following'.

Note: Also found that with the tools update all of my custom local projects were deleted during the update (luckily I make regular backups of all my work).

Cheers,

Squirrel.

What you mean by custom local project?

I mean i wanna check if i have something

Deleted.

Thanks squirrel.

Hey cr1m3,

The folder under: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Dying Light\DevTools\" called 'Workshop' was deleted when I did the *update.

All of my local projects (Stuff that I was working on) were deleted. But I make backups weekly, so they were already backed up before the *update.

*I am referring to the 1.5GB DL update that reintegrated the Workshop.

Cheers,

Squirrel.

I surely hope I don't have to restart on my map. For me, I had a texture missing which was replaced by a "placeholder" orange texture, but it mysteriously decided to go away. Now, stones, trash, and short grass are gone. As for flora models, all bush models are gone... Sort of. When you move them out far away they decide they want to show themselves, only to magically disappear when you bring the bush close to you. I don't get it haha. Some other models did it, but they were LODs (I believe) so I didn't care.

In my map , custom audio is broken also movie subtitles are gone with the audio.

Dialogs have no more custom voices.

Some meshes are totally gone.

Npcs have different skins.

Maybe other stuff is broken, need to test.

i don't understand why meshes are gone man.

i was dreading coming back to the tools and rightfully so.

meshes are gone. some don't even show their place holder (in yellow), just removed from the map.

closing the tools. hopefully not permanently - it really is a rug pulled from under you

after hours and hours of building, for no logical explanation.

i hope this will get fixed.

Edited by doomguy

I also downloaded the 1,2 GB for the developer tools and was excited to read that The Following assets should be in the editor now. But I don't see them and also the function to "Generate Preview" of the meshes does not work anymore. So that sucks. Hope we will get a fix for that soon!

i don't understand why meshes are gone man.

i was dreading coming back to the tools and rightfully so.

meshes are gone. some don't even show their place holder (in yellow), just removed from the map.

closing the tools. hopefully not permanently - it really is a rug pulled from under you

after hours and hours of building, for no logical explanation.

i hope this will get fixed.

It would seem that some of the assets may have been removed and or redone for the enhanced edition. I managed to find some of the assets that were missing for me again. They looked fine and saved okay the first time round. But upon re-load of the map they were highlighted in Yellow and invisible during play through. So I suspect that this is a bug.

I also downloaded the 1,2 GB for the developer tools and was excited to read that The Following assets should be in the editor now. But I don't see them and also the function to "Generate Preview" of the meshes does not work anymore. So that sucks. Hope we will get a fix for that soon!

The Following's Assets have to be imported as part of a new Data Package specifically speaking the "datadlc17_0.pak" package. Then you are able to place and view them in the editor.

Unfortunately it would seem as this specific data package is bugged at the moment, and won't allow you to reload your map after you install it. We have spoken about it here:

http://forum.techland.pl/topic/11920-loading-problem/ and

http://forum.techland.pl/topic/11813-creating-file-system-cache-major-bug/

Hoping to get some official word soon.

Cheers,

Squirrel.

Hey everyone,

Due to the recent lack of response from the Developers I have opened a support ticket regarding the matter.

Hopefully this gets us some official word.

Cheers,

Squirrel.

Edited by Rabid Squirrel

I also noticed something off with Developer Tools too.

I remember on my private map, Rais's Men that I spawned in had weapons like machetes and axes and such. However, for some reason they initially spawn in early-game weapons like planks and sticks and they respawn with the right weapons afterwards. Does anyone notice this?

Hey everyone,

Due to the recent lack of response from the Developers I have opened a support ticket regarding the matter.

Hopefully this gets us some official word.

Cheers,

Squirrel.

Any news about this?

Thanks for the ticket Squirrel.