RN_Rico

Pc/steam Game Not Starting

Question

Okay, before anyone refers me to the technical advice given from Techland support, please note:

• I installed and re-installed the game under Steam completely
  • tried the log-in, log-out of Steam
  • tried the "-safemode" start
  • tried the "missing *.dll" file too

Next, here my PC specs:

• i5-4670K @ 3,5GHz
  • 8GB DDR3
  • MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4GB
  • WINDOWS 10 64Bit
  • every component has the newest drivers installed too

....now, I hope a player can help me figure out why the game does not start - the tech.supoport hasn´t answered since 2 days now :-(

Oh, maybe its worth mentioning that I bought the Enhanced Version (so just one key installed, not main game first, then the DLC afterwards)

2 answers to this question

Hello Techies :-) not being a programmer myself, just using my brain, because my degree of frustration rose to a max.level, I found the solution to this problem:

While trying to start the "DyingLightGame" file from the root directory, I encountered the error message "missing MSVCP100.dll file". I looked for this file on my other 2 computers, where the game was running fine and encountered 2 specific places/directories where the file must be contained:

1) c:\Windows\SysWoW64

2) c:\Windows\System32

The non-working pc only had the file in the SysWoW64 and not in the System32 directory

This file can be installed via MICROSOFT Visual C++ Redistributable 2013 X64 package. Did this, rebooted the pc and the game works!

This could be a windows 10 issue. If the above didn't work, try running the game in Compatibility mode. Go to your Steam folder (default: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Dying Light) and right click on DyingLightGame.exe, go to Properties and switch to the Compatibility tab. Check the "Run this program in compatibility mode" checkbox and select an older operating system. Windows 7 should be the most stable one. Once you're done, apply your changes and launch the game.

Edited by AlienFreak