IrishET123

Join The Nh Strike

Given the recent updates and the imbalance in PVP, the fact that my nests can be ohk, the fact that even though I jump 25 feet over a survivor he still manages to kill me with whatever little melee tool he has at his disposal, the fact that survivors can dodge spam and grapple hook spam with no penalty, the fact that they can avoid bombers by simply climbing the nearest lamp-post or building, that their UV light has an infinite battery and seemingly limitless range, that they chuck flares around like confetti, that they can seemingly lock on to DFA even when I'm no where near them, that they can still drop kick me even though I activated my GP first, that they know exactly where I am all the time, that they can cheat cheat cheat and the NH can't do anything about it, and I'm not even going to include the buggy issues, and that I wait bloody ages for a match...............I'm going on strike.

No more NH from me until the matches are fair.

All those who feel the same way can join the strike.

Equal rights for the NH !!!!! 

(tongue firmly in cheek)!

Given the recent updates and the imbalance in PVP, the fact that my nests can be ohk, the fact that even though I jump 25 feet over a survivor he still manages to kill me with whatever little melee tool he has at his disposal, the fact that survivors can dodge spam and grapple hook spam with no penalty, the fact that they can avoid bombers by simply climbing the nearest lamp-post or building, that their UV light has an infinite battery and seemingly limitless range, that they chuck flares around like confetti, that they can seemingly lock on to DFA even when I'm no where near them, that they can still drop kick me even though I activated my GP first, that they know exactly where I am all the time, that they can cheat cheat cheat and the NH can't do anything about it, and I'm not even going to include the buggy issues, and that I wait bloody ages for a match...............I'm going on strike.

Lulz agreed. Pvp takes no skill, time to figure out an alternative.

~nests being OHK outside of a propane tank or car ram is a bug and is in the process of being fixed.

~That is not a balance problem but a connection problem.  What they see happening on their screen is different then what you see.  That's not a problem easily fixed.

~The grapple hook got it's damage lowered even more and it costs a lot more now.  Previously a survivor max rank could use it 4 times before a cool down.  Now it's only twice.  And "dodge spam" just sounds like blatent whining to me.  Because if someone really is spamming the button all other actions are interupted and they can't do anything.  Leaving you open to do anything to them.

~Yeah it's called balance.  those things will instant kill you or instant down you.

~UV flashlight has a limited range.  and you can counter it and flares pretty easily.  But considering the tone in your post it's more whining then actual problems.

~See my second (~)

~Blatent lie.  If you activated yours first then you would have won.  Either you're whining again or there was lag in the match.  The new patch guarentees that a hunter will win any grapple state if activated at the same time or before a survivor.

~Use the spit that disables survivor sense.  it lasts for a whole minute.

I'll pass on the strike.  pvp is pretty fair right now.  I think your skill is the issue here.

What about aerial dodges? Survivors shouldn't suposed to be able to dodge when they are on the air, yet I've being dodged several times by survivors who I just GP'd on the edge of a building then magically on the air when they are falling they dodge my tackle and why in the hell does shotguns whipe my nests so easely? "We fixed nest to be hard to dispose" BSSSSS.

You can use the UV flashlight during a dodge. Throw a flair or use a health kit takes less than 2 seconds. If the survivor performs 3 dodges + UV light, the energy of the hunter will be emptied, which prevents him to finish his target with his claws.

Here is an example which proves that the dodge is used without any skill and without the slightest ounce of intelligence.

I have an alternative idea to the dodge spam instead of cooldown and stamina. (It seems that these two proposals are rejected)
"The more you dodge in a short span of time, the more the distance covered is reduced"

"Night Hunter will win any grapple states" I don't know if getting your tackle dodged or pounce dodged only to have your UV bar drained is "winning".

I agree.

I have another info too, survivors can do a Ground Pound (with two-handed weapons) after dodging a tackle.

Imagine my rage when I am dead, by a ground pound. 

I agree.

I have another info too, survivors can do a Ground Pound (with two-handed weapons) after dodging a tackle.

Imagine my rage when I am dead, by a ground pound. 

I thought you could only do a GP from a height like a DFA.

I know I've been DFAed from flat ground and come to think about it, if memory serves, it was right after a dodged tackle.

~nests being OHK outside of a propane tank or car ram is a bug and is in the process of being fixed.

~That is not a balance problem but a connection problem.  What they see happening on their screen is different then what you see.  That's not a problem easily fixed.

~The grapple hook got it's damage lowered even more and it costs a lot more now.  Previously a survivor max rank could use it 4 times before a cool down.  Now it's only twice.  And "dodge spam" just sounds like blatent whining to me.  Because if someone really is spamming the button all other actions are interupted and they can't do anything.  Leaving you open to do anything to them.

~Yeah it's called balance.  those things will instant kill you or instant down you.

~UV flashlight has a limited range.  and you can counter it and flares pretty easily.  But considering the tone in your post it's more whining then actual problems.

~See my second (~)

~Blatent lie.  If you activated yours first then you would have won.  Either you're whining again or there was lag in the match.  The new patch guarentees that a hunter will win any grapple state if activated at the same time or before a survivor.

I'll pass on the strike.  pvp is pretty fair right now.  I think your skill is the issue here.

~yes this is a bug, but why car ramming should be OHK?

~desync is actually a pretty big balance issue since the nighthunter is so squishy, same goes for pounces going through. But that's not easy to fix so going on.

~Hook if fine, I agree with OP on dodge since spamming it is effective and it also doesn't cost anything.

~Agreed

~Limited range, it still reaches far enough to easily lock the NH in place for several seconds, you can't do much to flares if the human isn't standing in one (that's a lot of flares if you have 4 players). Why use "whining" as an argument?

~But is it really a connection issue?

~So they said, I don't feel like that's how it works and I haven't had much success with it nor I have heard anyone say it works. Since you keep bringing up "whining", I don't think I have ever seen a survivor "whine", wonder why that is  :)

~As much as every hunter hates survivor sense, it is needed or the hunter would be too OP, I personally never use UV suppressor since it's hard to land on every player if playing against multiple people or if it's 1v1 I could just use my UV spit which is pretty much a guaranteed kill if you manage to keep your energy up.

I'd say pvp still leans on the survivor side but that is just my opinion. Happy gaming  :)

1.  OHK's are shortly going to be nerfed and the bug's will be fixed as stated in other posts.  I've seen some recent matches already with decreased gun power so they're getting there so I hope.

2. I will agree, even with machete's I do feel like I've gotten hit quite a ways away then normal range should permit.

3.  Dodge spam will never cease to exist.  1v1 the NH has the advantage with so many attempts to spit on the survivor, 4v1 is somewhat reversed.  Spit charge and more accuracy will prevent those mishaps though.

4.  Grapple (if they did decrease to 2 during NH) shouldn't be an issue.  Granted OHK on walkers if they don't turn seems like an unreasonable nerf on the game but using it to get to places is just a death sentence.

5.  Bombers seemed to me an Oh chupacabra moment when I first played NH but now, I'll agree, seems to have taken a much weaker approach to a power that was supposed to do some good for us.  More or less a distraction to hit them with other spits at this point.

6.  I've always had a problem with the UV, Flare, and survivor sense combo.  On both sides, its definitely an overpowered approach to a game mode that I considered to rely on stealth more than anything else.  But simply stated, this will never seem to be right for anyone for any reason until the survivors get a day time mode to run around in or the NH gets total darkness.

7.  Tackle>Dropkick>GP.  At least it doesn't overpower both now.  I called it a win when I saw the update.

8.  I'm gonna go ahead and talk about the buggies.  They are quite literally a deathtrap for survivors.  But if you hold onto the buggy it can quite possibly work in their favor if they get out in time and run your animation dry while you freak out.  Just something to get used to but I think they did a damned good job with the implementation of the buggy for both sides.

~See my second (~)

You are correct - I am prone to a bit of whining, and my skills do need sharpening, but I think you've missed the humour in my post.

I don't agree on that matter (not in some cases at least), my friend send me a video where he played a high ranked hunter and i saw  how he killed the hunter that jumped out of his weapon range, the hunter was about 3m away and suddenly appeared just before him with dying animation. So how is this really working (he swung his weapon on hunter side before human side)? I can upload that part of movie.

I played also with someone who told me that few things looks wierd after update, like the hit connecting before the swing.

Edited by sanjyuubi

What about aerial dodges? Survivors shouldn't suposed to be able to dodge when they are on the air, yet I've being dodged several times by survivors who I just GP'd on the edge of a building then magically on the air when they are falling they dodge my tackle and why in the hell does shotguns whipe my nests so easely? "We fixed nest to be hard to dispose" BSSSSS.

Good point re: mid-air dodges

I just finished my first somewhat serious BtZ match in Countryside... and omg its really bad :lol: :lol: I now see what everyone is complaining about: Im laughing at myself as Im hopelessly trailing buggies carrying survivors trying to catch up as survivors easily transverse from the one nest to the next. NH's zombie hoard only has a chance of helping if survivors are near a nest (if the horde even shows up at all).

This growing list of BtZ issues are not just innocent bugs, these issues are no excuse and should have never seen the light of day. Prior to release, you would think that the Devs would consider that the NH would need a way to keep up with a moving buggy (heck even virals and volatiles manage to keep up to buggies)...  you would think that someone at TL would test a new gun and shoot a nest in the head and maybe think "yep thats too overpowering versus the nest".. but no..

Im maxed out at Apex anyways.. consider me on this strike.

I agree with this strike.  The NH has been given a tremendously bad hand in the new Following map.  I made this post in another thread, but I stand by that these changes might help make the NH more fair without hurting newer and more inexperienced human players.

1. Give a failed pounce a damage amount.  I think much like tackle, 3 unsuccessful pounces (blocked by UV light) should lead to a death that can be revived by a teammate.  This would make UV block less potent since it seems like experienced players block EVERY time even when I initiate a tackle from behind when their light is off.
  2. Make spits more like mines.  Make them small and hard to spot so you can set traps for the humans rather than a visible grenade.  This means you can put it in a good spot and only when humans get close enough to trip it will it explode.  As mines would be more potent, and traps more effective, I think the longer (current) recharge time is justifiable, especially if they're hard to spot.  Make these mine-spits detonatable with grenades, bullets, or other thrown objects so that NH don't always just spam the nests with them so humans can't get close.  This gives the NH time to recharge spits BEFORE humans get to the nest, allows for sneaky planning, but is easy enough counter if you're paying attention.  Perhaps a spit mine can be a mutation the NH can obtain (lvl 4 mutation?) but he has to place them rather than throw them?
  3. Make the jeep attack a grab/slash instead of a grab/smash/kill.  This makes it so that expert players can't just jump out immediately (before the NH can even get off) and start spamming attacks.  This would allow you to get a quick HP hit before they just jump out so it was actually WORTH grabbing onto the car.  Also, make it a longer button press for humans to escape their cars.
  4. Make the close up melee a very weak attack (like 25 damage if it isn't already) but make it a poison attack.  Either a poison that bleeds your health and you can't heal, that blocks survival sense for like 60 seconds, or perhaps reduces stamina.  SOMETHING that makes it worth getting a hit and running, rather than just avoiding that attack entirely.  Something ELSE that the human has to worry about.  Perhaps it can be a really high perk that you need to be maxed out to get as a NH.
  5. Lastly, fix Rained Death From Above.  The game magnetism is TOO lenient on this attack that is an insta-kill for the NH when there is NO leniency on insta-kills for the NH.  I think the easiest way to do this is to simply make the window for pressing the button smaller and more precise.  That'll just give it less chances but its still just as potent if you get it.
Edited by TheElusiveMoose