Ahardie

Advice On Dropkick Cyclers & Pole Campers?

Since this is bugging me, but i'm trying not to chupacabra, so here I am asking for advice instead. My first area of advice request is, dropkick cycling. For me, this is when two or more players will rapidly cycle which one runs up and dropkicks me, usually too fast to prepare a groundpound ergo leaving me stuck. Any tips here? The second, and an area I know we all dislike, is players who run on top of streetlights and such. I cannot for the life of me work out how to get them down. I usually cannot manage an aerial groundpound so precisely, and swing by clawings are of little help. Advice here, much appreciated. Thank you fellow hunters.

You could try to tackle them off since you can now hold the tackle button and go straight to sprint from tendril. Toxic spit would force them to move away from the pole (although 95% of the time it well just be another pole). Could lead to an easy pounce.

You could try to tackle them off since you can now hold the tackle button and go straight to sprint from tendril. Toxic spit would force them to move away from the pole (although 95% of the time it well just be another pole). Could lead to an easy pounce.

I will try this, but most of the times the window is too short and i'm not sure if u can sprint fast enough to initiate a tackle.

One way they could solve this problem is to add a quick recovery skill to the hunter i.e. by pressing jump after u fall down the hunter will do a back-flip or some sort and land farther from the human or the hunter could just jump higher avoiding the next dropkick. 

Toxic spit would do the job and according to Pete if u manage to tendril and land on the pole u can tackle the survivor on it. But eventually this will be null too as survivors learn to dodge every times u tendril towards them- and this already happened many times in my game.   

I know how it feels for getting dropkick cycled. There is no way to dodge it :(

What is worse is if they time it correctly you get up and are instantly knocked down again. I've had it happen exactly once in a game and it's not fun to be stun locked like that.  It would be so much better if you had to press something to get up (directional movement or any button) so that they can't lock you in the animation at the preset time when you stand up.

The hit box is way too big and the magnetism is far too strong.  See the video below.  The issue is the human can recover from a successful hit, sprint, and initiate the next drop kick before the NH can get up and get away.  It doesn't matter which way you're moving.  The first one comes from the absolutely no recovery time the human has from interrupting a pounce.  The next two the hit comes from the NH already being behind the human when the drop kick happens--watch the positional arrows in mini map.  Once the drop kick locks on there is nothing you can do to stop it--unlike a pounce.

While the NH has a similar chain, the GP, it harder to chain GPs if you upgraded the GP and are in the open.  You have to be able to GP a human into an object so you can initiate it again right away otherwise you have to chase him down and then gives him time to start dodge spamming.  Also, it only takes three DPs to kill a NH while it takes 5 GPs to kill a human.  But he has the opportunity to hit you as you're on the way down and the option to heal during all of this.  It's nearly impossible to GP-chain kill an experienced player.

The way I generally deal with a DP chaining player is to punish him with a spit.  He's committed so make it an active spit like a horde spit.  A UV spit will be worn off before you get back and the toxic is worthless in this case.  A suppressor spit will last for a little help, too.

Edited by SomeOldDude

The hit box is way too big and the magnetism is far too strong.  See the video below.  The issue is the human can recover from a successful hit, sprint, and initiate the next drop kick before the NH can get up and get away.  It doesn't matter which way you're moving.  The first one comes from the absolutely no recovery time the human has from interrupting a pounce.  The next two the hit comes from the NH already being behind the human when the drop kick happens--watch the positional arrows in mini map.  Once the drop kick locks on there is nothing you can do to stop it--unlike a pounce.

While the NH has a similar chain, the GP, it harder to chain GPs if you upgraded the GP and are in the open.  You have to be able to GP a human into an object so you can initiate it again right away otherwise you have to chase him down and then gives him time to start dodge spamming.  Also, it only takes three DPs to kill a NH while it takes 5 GPs to kill a human.  But he has the opportunity to hit you as you're on the way down and the option to heal during all of this.  It's nearly impossible to GP-chain kill an experienced player.

The way I generally deal with a DP chaining player is to punish him with a spit.  He's committed so make it an active spit like a horde spit.  A UV spit will be worn off before you get back and the toxic is worthless in this case.  A suppressor spit will last for a little help, too.

On that note I wish horde spits were faster.

DP doesn't hurt me near as much as it used to since we can do the same now with tackle.  Its a little more complex for us to do but we can chain tendril tackle tendril tackle tendril tackle and its pretty effective.  Granted I still get a bit butthurt when 2 of em start chaining DP but when there's more I tend to just laugh at the wannabe that misses that I end up not caring so much then.  In a perfect world for NH, we would have our own way of dodging

As far as the pole campers, I just see it as a free recharge for the spits.  If they want to camp then let them, they only have 5 minutes before a quick end to the match and if they try to grapple away its a free pounce usually.  If they actually jump down, just have a few spit ready for them so UV isn't an issue.  You can always bait them as well, find a suitable distance to the ground where they might feel lucky to DFA and grapple away as they fall.  Let them really feel your frustrations! :P

Another good way to counter pole campers is tendril all the way there, climb up, jump, and ariel ground pound them.

Also see if you can get a tackle afterwards, most poles are on high spots so let them take some more damage!