Sign in to follow this  
Deleted_Account

Semi-Auto Shotguns Insta-Kill Demolishers.

Demolishers are dying way too fast to my semi-auto shotgun (i havn't tried other types) like literally just a couple shots and they're dead. I think there must be some kind of bug with the shotguns going through the armor or something. EDIT: This is with 0 legend skill points btw

Edited by VanuCultist

Lamoi, I can 1-shot demolishers with the semi-auto shotgun on nightmare. However I put some legendary points into increasing firearm damage. 
(And demolishers have a weakspot which is their head!) If you shoot them in the head or neck they will die fast!

Edited by ToxicTropex

Demolishers are dying way too fast to my semi-auto shotgun (i havn't tried other types) like literally just a couple shots and they're dead. I think there must be some kind of bug with the shotguns going through the armor or something.

It's not a bug. You're pump shotgun is likely the Engraved Pump Shotgun that does 2,550 damage without any Firearm points. In comparison a Katana, with the same amount of damage, will kill a Demolisher in the same number of hits. Perhaps you're just used to fighting them with weapons that are around 1,500 damage and not 2,500. (Throwing a 2,500-3,000 damage two-handed weapon would one hit kill a Demolisher. I'm not sure if throwing melee weapons still does extra damage after the update.)

about firearms , i wonder why some of them seem not to be affected by skill % improvment.

ie:

when i unequip my semi auto shotty (unequiped base damage around 2500 translated to 15K with %modifier when equiped) with a navy shotgun (unequiped base damage 5K >>> translated to 5K damage on tooltip when equiped).

Is it a glitch / bug ?

Or is it intended?

Same thing happens with a few other firearms.

This is a lot better then pumping 20 shots into a zombie and it still comes at you. Before these legend skill boosts, firearms were not worth carrying. I`m glad they finally do some damage.

Some shotguns also do more damage then others. I personally think trying to balance different types of guns that shoot the same round is pointless but they did it anyway. Easy to remedy though.

I have a golden hunting shotgun with rank 4 or 5 legend guns that does around 9k damage and I love it. I have not found a golden semi auto shotgun yet but every semi auto I have found hasn't been 3k damage with the same legend skill number. I will have to check and see if a golden semi auto is even in the files. I already made all the shotguns the same damage, now I just use what I think looks cool until I want to switch for something else or find a yellow one.