Sign in to follow this  
Ahardie

Death From Above, Nerf It!

Twenty Three death from aboves....this....this just isn't ok guys. There's always at least one human above me, and its a garanteed kill. And it can be done from SO LOW DOWN! From a chimney to the roof below it!

You can counter DFA easily just make sure you always have your UV shield available, when you see the human is doing DFA they dont usually use UV light, you can pounce them or tackle them which the second option is alot harder :).

You can counter DFA easily just make sure you always have your UV shield available, when you see the human is doing DFA they dont usually use UV light, you can pounce them or tackle them which the second option is alot harder :).

This is good advice. It has worked for me countless times.  

Also, always attack the Survivor that is at the highest position.  Many will try to bait you into fights down below with a Survivor waiting up top for a free DFA.  Don't fall for that trap!  Attack the player up high, they should always be the priority!  If a Survivor attempts a DFA they cannot roll out of it and will play a heavy land animation taking damage.  You can use that to your advantage for a quick spit or pounce as well!  Good luck!

Also, always attack the Survivor that is at the highest position.  Many will try to bait you into fights down below with a Survivor waiting up top for a free DFA.  Don't fall for that trap!  Attack the player up high, they should always be the priority!  If a Survivor attempts a DFA they cannot roll out of it and will play a heavy land animation taking damage.  You can use that to your advantage for a quick spit or pounce as well!  Good luck!

I would like to apologise for my prior outburst. However, whenever I do try and attack the higher survivor, another one always sweeps in and gets a free revive.

Just fooled a human to DFA above me quickly sprinted away and watched him fall to his death (he would have survived that fall if he "could" have rolled, but he can't thanks to the new patch) Thanks Pete for the new patch!

It's not always possible to attack that one on higher grounds, there is propably most times the better player there while the weaker are destroying nests, i had few good and hard fights on higher ground, but it takes too much time to take on that skilled player and i lose nest in progress. If i know that player would attempt to do DFA, i'm turning my uv shield on and if i have full stamina i can cancel it with dodged pounce (i saved my chupacabra few times).

I'm encouraging hunter players to play as human and try to do DFA's when hunter is running around (invite your friend to play). DFA looks op because skilled players do some tricky moves (watch some YT movies), i still thing that i should have abilyty do dodge that  if i'm looking straight at a player that is falling on me, but i'm not going to complain about that until i got depressed.

I'm curious about how one thing, how does the game algorithm determines if a player is attempting DFA or not (can't roll out if he is swinging his weapon?)?

I'm still at a stage of validating usability of new tweaks (i'm more positively surprised, than negaticely), but somehow there is overfllod of "preys" that are hard to kill! Currently, even if i lose, i'm dying less than pre-patch and can haunt survivor all the way to the nest, so it's no longer walk in the park from nest to nest for survivor.

Edited by sanjyuubi

Twenty Three death from aboves....this....this just isn't ok guys. There's always at least one human above me, and its a garanteed kill. And it can be done from SO LOW DOWN! From a chimney to the roof below it!

Doesn't need a nerf. Your at fault everytime because you were either to slow to react or you set yourself up each time by not thinking your moves through.

Move fast and be unpredictable .

Doesn't need a nerf. Your at fault everytime because you were either to slow to react or you set yourself up each time by not thinking your moves through.

Move fast and be unpredictable .

I admit, I am no brilliant zombie, but there were occasions where the attacks would come from quite ridiculously low heights. One I remember quite well is a hunter running up the sloped back of one of those doorways on rooftops, only to leap down on me. However, you are quite right, I do set a lot of it up for myself.

Edited by Ahardie

I admit, I am no brilliant zombie, but there were occasions where the attacks would come from quite ridiculously low heights. One I remember quite well is a hunter running up the sloped back of one of those doorways on rooftops, only to leap down on me. However, you are quite right, I do set a lot of it up for myself.

Now that you say, I almost forgot, this one bk DFA me off a picket fence. No BS. You should only be able to initiate that ish from a fixated height. Kids jumping off banisters, hell thus one guy jumped off the side of a inclined Hill 1ft down to some rocks and it still registered. I usually don't set myself up for dfa but if it happens the kid was free falling off a car some how.

Edited by Hertz

Now that you say, I almost forgot, this one bk DFA me off a picket fence. No BS. You should only be able to initiate that ish from a fixated height. Kids jumping off banisters, hell thus one guy jumped off the side of a inclined Hill 1ft down to some rocks and it still registered. I usually don't set myself up for dfa but if it happens the kid was free falling off a car some how.

Hehe, thats on of the examples when being on the same level could end in dfa very fast if human will find a way to step up a bit above you.

I am rather ashamed to say I laughed the moment I read picket fence, I got this image of a 50's housewife vaulting her white picket fence to axe a zombie.

DfA only works on the night hunter from the height of a full climb animation, so something like bus height.

DfA only works on the night hunter from the height of a full climb animation, so something like bus height.

Lmao! I can't believe you just said that. I have countless videos of people dfa off of picket fence height. Lulz bus height is way out if range. I've seen them do it off of lower than a bus js.

Edited by Hertz

Lmao! I can't believe you just said that. I have countless videos of people dfa off of picket fence height. Lulz bus height is way out if range. I've seen them do it off of lower than a bus js.

These aren't my words, the bus height level came straight from the devs. It was in one of the first patches to hit the mode.

The new tunings for Death from Above is such that a car is not high enough to initiate it anymore. A bus however is tall enough. The general rule now as of the latest tuning is that if you need to do a full climb up animation to get to the height its probably high enough to do Death from Above. We wanted to make it so that humans have to be set up more to get the attack rather than just do it on reaction.

HI Everyone!

We're still working hard on tuning BTZ and I thought I'd share a short list of things to look forward to in the upcoming patch.

Humans

-Adjusted damage scaling across all weapons vs Hunter (no more 1 hit kills against the Hunter)

-Adjusted damage scaling across all weapons vs Nests (no more 1 hit kills against Nests)

-Adjusted damage scaling across all weapons vs BTZ Zombies (no more 1 hit kills on every zombie defending the Nests)

-Added a cooldown for throwing flares (no more flare spamming)

-Added a timeout for players staying in water too long (similar to safe zones)

-Increased the height required for drop attack to successfully connect against Hunter

-Fixed issue with Humans not receiving proper fall damage from Hunters Tackle

Night Hunter

-Improvements for BTZ matchmaking

-Added grenade notification for incoming air strike attack

-Removed UV block cancel of missed groundpound recovery (consoles)

-Fixed Infinite Spit exploit (consoles)

Although i do agree with the height changes recently ive felt like even if u jump off a building and land dead on the hunter you just pass through him and smack the ground even tested it as the night hunter. I stood still as they jumped off a wall that was well above 8meters and they never once got the dfa