Sign in to follow this  
Statik Wolf

"disable Hud" Option Is Broken. :(

My issue shouldn't even be an issue.  I feel lied to.  They said we would be able to disable the hud.  It's simply not true.  You can disable most of the hud, not all of it.  During the day your game will be hud free.  However, at night eyeball icons will appear over enemies heads.  These icons warn you that you are about to be spotted while revealing the enemies location.  These icons are very much part of a "heads up display".  They are in fact, giving me a heads up while appearing on my display.  I don't know if this is an over-sight, a glitch or just plain laziness on the developers side.  Though I feel obligated to say...   Don't get my hopes up by telling me that I can disable the hud if I can't disable ALL of the hud.  Those icons at night ruin the game in a very fundamental way.  If you play the game on nightmare and disable your hud.  You will discover that day time is now more difficult than night time. Why?  Because virals move fast, climb buildings and you get NO WARNINGS!  At night, the most dangerous creature in the game is constantly being tagged before it becomes a real threat.  I find myself experiencing some relief when the sun goes down because now dangerous enemies will be tagged for me.  Even though I really really really don't want them to be.  So I request that you FIX the BROKEN "disable hud" option.  Thank you for your time.   :)   PS: I just want what you said I was gonna get.

Edited by Statik Wolf

Did you really need to create 3 topics to complain about the exact same thing? I bet if they disable the eyeballs you'll start complaining that the game is still holding players hands by changing the music to alert the player that there's danger...

Don't use the survivor sense then. The head up display is not broken by any means. BUT just a tips if you want and even weirder experience try putting the black and white post process filter on!

Did you really need to create 3 topics to complain about the exact same thing? I bet if they disable the eyeballs you'll start complaining that the game is still holding players hands by changing the music to alert the player that there's danger...

The first time I posted people thought I was talking about survivor sense and not the hud display that pops up during the night.  So a repost seemed like a good idea to clear up the confusion on what my issue actually was. Which apparently didn't work because it seems that still people think I am talking about survivor sense.  The icons that pop up are not triggered by the player.  They are part of the hud.  The hud that should be off when you turn it off but simply isn't.  After posting again I saw the section about feedback, so I worried that I posted in the wrong location.  Also after reflecting on what really bothered me about the issue, I realized I never mentioned the fact that the trailers for the update said the hud could be "disabled".  I certainly spoke about how the remaining hud that can't be turned off ruins immersion but not once did I mention the false advertising nor did I mention how it now makes a hud free daytime harder than a hud assisted night time.   This post was to rectify that.  I wanted to establish that I was told I was getting a hud free experience.  The experience I got still has mandatory hud elements.  So I felt obligated to at least mention that I don't like being lied to.  I'm sorry if I annoyed you or anyone.  That is certainly not my intention.

To answer your question, yes.  I do believe that if you see an advertisement for a product that excites you based on what it tells you is included.  So much so that you go out and buy the product only to discover it's a "half truth" or "lie".  You may have to post more than once to be heard.  Considering I paid $60 souly on the appeal of a hud free zombie apocolypse which I did not get, I think I'm handling it well.   If I was a real prick I could quickly copy all the trailers before the release of the content.  The trailers that say you can disable the hud.  Take them to a lawyer and then show them that I can't turn off all of the hud.  Explain that I invested $60 dollars into a statement that isn't true and ask if that qualifies as false advertisement and sue.  However, I have no interest in doing that so I thought I would leave a few polite messages on their forum instead. Also, I turn off the music when I play and greatly appreciate that they give me the option to do that.   :)   

PS: There is a big difference between asking for something they never intended to have and asking them to make good on their word.  I am not asking for some far out thing I just made up in my mind because I think it would make the game better.  I am simply here because they told me if I gave them money, I would get a hud free zombie apocolypse.  Well they have my money and I still have a hud.

Edited by Statik Wolf

Don't use the survivor sense then. The head up display is not broken by any means. BUT just a tips if you want and even weirder experience try putting the black and white post process filter on!Thje ith

The eyeball icons that pop up function independantly of the survivor sense.  They are not triggered by the player.  No button you press causes it. They are part of the night HUD which should not be visable when you disable the HUD.  Hence why I say the "disable hud" option is BROKEN or at the very least... mislabled.  They shouldn't call it  the "disable hud" option.  They should call it, "disable most of the hud except for warnings we insist upon for some reason" option.

Edited by Statik Wolf

Did you really need to create 3 topics to complain about the exact same thing? I bet if they disable the eyeballs you'll start complaining that the game is still holding players hands

by changing the music to alert the player that there's danger...

Okay first off, requesting to have an option with an enable/disable option isn't complaining what so ever. In fact, it is a feature that a player wants to enhance his/her gaming experience and that by all means is NOT a complaint, that is a compliment. 

Don't use the survivor sense then. The head up display is not broken by any means. BUT just a tips if you want and even weirder experience try putting the black and white post process filter on!

Secondly, the survivor sense is the yellow ring that shoots out from your player when holding the "x"  button not the "eye balls", so please pay attention to the buttons your pressing and learn from the tutorial before answering with an assumption. The "eye balls" are in fact a HUD icon and there is NOT an option to turn off.

When people point out a feature that ruins a part of the game for them normally causes that person to quit the game in it's entirety, BUT when a company "claims" or "advertises" that a feature of the game can be "turned off" and that turns out to be false, then you will have players speaking their minds about what is wrong with the picture. I distinctly remember in the youtube video them stating that we can turn off, yes "turn off" (hold on "TURN OFF") the HUD. Let me repeat that, "TURN OFF" the HUD entirely. Well, that turned out to be not entirely true. Now, when you first played video games, one of the initial things you learn about is the HUD. Now what does the HUD do? ......no answer?....It informs you of your stats (including health, ammo, etc. etc. etc.) and it also informs you of incoming enemies or nearby enemies, with what? ICONS!! you know the 2D images on the screen, yeah those. Well, the "eye balls" (NOT SURVIVOR SENSE, THAT'S THE YELLOW RING) are 2D images that pop up on the screen that "warn" you of imminent danger. Well from what you learned earlier in my post, they are HUD images and that is part of the HUD that you apparently cannot fully turn off. So, please tell me how having a simple request is considered complaining. The fact that me and other players want that to be part of the hidden HUD option should entice the developers to write 10 lines of code to fix that, but instead people are in fact still afraid of being scared and that forces us hard core gamers to suffer and not allow us to fully enjoy the game the way we want. If Ubisoft can accomplish a completely hidden HUD in Far Cry 4, then so can Techland. There is no excuse for their actions and it needs to be reconciled. Stop making the scariest enemy in the game not scary, the "eye ball" feature is a redundant feature and it needs to have a enable/disable feature. Please fix this issue Techland and stop being lazy..........

DO YOU SEE THAT EYE BALL ABOVE THE MONSTER'S HEAD?

That is what Statik is talking about and that is NOT survivor sense, that is part of the HUD (HEADS UP DISPLAY).

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by Alaster_Crowley

The whole lure of the game for me when it first launched was the idea of being surprised by a horrifying monster I over-looked or didn't notice.  I remember the action trailers of running from monsters and getting pounced right before the safehouse.  Made me drooI with anticipation. I brought the game home and mentally prepared myself for what I believed the game to be from advertising.  After playing for a while I quickly realized that I couldn't over look any of the monsters on my screen because the hud constantly pointed them out.  It became frustraiting because I wasn't getting the adrinaline rush  fear factor I was so expecting.  Sure the game had challenges, but no real element of fear.  I did beat the game and then got rid of it.  I would have loved to keep it and just enjoy surviving the night for fun cheap thrills.  However because the game points out where all the scary monsters are (wether you want it to or not) there were no thrills to be had.  I was done with the game and because of the hud, I felt it had nothing left to offer me.

So time passed and eventually I started hearing about the enhanced edition.  Nothing about it really caught my attention because I remembered my experience with the core game.  An amazing tragedy.  It wasn't until they started promoting a hudless option that I started to drool.  I have fantasized alot about the game without warnings.  I do believe before getting rid of the game I posted on this very forum about it.  Somewhere there is a post from me shortly after the games main launch. Unless they had some other feedback option I had to register to use.  I asked them to please disable all warnings of danger for me.  That was just before I got rid of the game.  I just didn't see it happening.  So I have spent a lot of time fantasizing about how great this game could be with no warnings.  The idea that the hud could be turned off amped me up to purchase another copy.  My circle of friends also were hyped about it.  We had conversations many times about how we were going to stay alive without having any assists.  

I gotta tell ya, when we fired up the game on midnight.  getting all the updates and excitedly talking about how we are finally going to get a tense horror experience from dying light.  A game that gets it right in every other area.  It was a crushing blow to see those eyeball icons start popping up.  We just couldn't believe it.  We disabled our huds but there they were.  Popping up and warning us of any monsters we may have over-looked.  We kept troubleshooting it.  Like we did something wrong.  It's clearly part of the hud, why is it still popping up?   After about 2 hours of denial and disbelief.  We could take no more and shut off the game.   That's when I returned to this forum.  I was surprised I didn't have to register.  Realizing "oh wow, I did come here before...  ... FOR THE SAME DAMN THING!"  Except back then it was just feedback.  It wasn't something they said I would get and then just .... not give it to me. So here I am again.

I'm going to keep my current copy of the game.  It will sit on a shelf in the hopes that one day, I'll be able to play it the way I always thought I could.  The way I have always wanted.  If they ever do fix the disable hud option, I will become an avid player.  It's an amazing game.  An amazing tragedy.

Edited by Statik Wolf

Holy sh*t, that's a great thing to request. I can't recall if there's a music slider however, and if such a slider does disable the pursuit track.

But yes, they fumbled their difficulty mode with this simple key mechanic and the option to not have this, or to not have it in what they claim is the next level to Hard Mode would have been nice.

Edited by Wolfman

I wanted a survival game where I have to pay attention to survive.  Instead I got a survival game that pays attention for me.  I don't want to be warned about the monster I didn't notice.  I want that monster to kill me.  Then as a gamer I can improve.  I can learn how to move.  Instead of all the work being done for me.  Leading to a redundant experience instead of a compelling one.

Just giving this thread a little bump in hopes that someone who can actually cause change reads it.  I would really love to play my copy of dying light and have a great time.  The hud ruins it for me and I just want to be able to turn it completely off... like the pormotions for the enhanced edition said I would be able to.   Please fix the disable hud option so I can enjoy my game.  Thank you once again for your time.