Sign in to follow this  
RaceyStorm3124

The New Patches Barely Work.

Ok, I applauded Techland for these patches but they suck. 

Again, I'm a good Night Hunter

In my opinion, I think techland might be bad at BtZ mode(no offense), and as a result, these patches are "equal" to them so they don't know how powerful a pro survivor is in Dying Light against the Night Hunter. The Night Hunter has to try 2x harder to even get a kill.

Since this is my first time playing in about a week, I'll play again to see if I change my opinion right now and get used to the new patch moves.

Takes me 30 mins+ to join a server. Can at least this be fixed?

Edited by RaceyStorm3124

Yep I'm a decent night hunter but I can't stand a chance against 4 decent survivors. Makes no sense, the faster load time hardly helps and why must I rage every game? There are some great ideas on these forums in order to balance the game. How have the creators not seen this after a year? Enjoy being prey, my fellow "hunter".

The patches factually made the night hunter better.  If you still struggle then it's your skill that's the issue and not dev's fault.  And if you are truly playing against "pro" players then they should be beating you because they are better then you.

It's not really that they're bad at balancing but it's poorly communicated how the night hunter should be played. We all came with the expectation of controlling a powerhouse capable of taking out four guys at a time no sweat or being a stealthy stalker from the shadows waiting for unsuspecting victims to cross our path. Only after many games do you realize that the night hunter is a glass cannon. He's a very high risk/reward that leaves little room for mistakes. There are certain things you just have to accept while playing the night such as never having full energy when you want it or survivors always knowing where you're coming from. However once you realize these things it becomes easier to play since you know your limitations. You'll start making fewer and fewer mistakes and learn to adapt to most situations.

It just takes a lot of patience with the night hunter and imo that wasn't communicated clearly in the advertising. A lot people expected to just jump in and start terrorizing (including me) but that is not the case. He's still strong just in a different way.

Edited by jcks

It's not really that they're bad at balancing but it's poorly communicated how the night hunter should be played. We all came with the expectation of controlling a powerhouse capable of taking out four guys at a time no sweat or being a stealthy stalker from the shadows waiting for unsuspecting victims to cross our path. Only after many games do you realize that the night hunter is a glass cannon. He's a very high risk/reward that leaves little room for mistakes. There are certain things you just have to accept while playing the night such as never having full energy when you want it or survivors always knowing where you're coming from. However once you realize these things it becomes easier to play since you know your limitations. You'll start making fewer and fewer mistakes and learn to adapt to most situations.

It just takes a lot of patience with the night hunter and imo that wasn't communicated clearly in the advertising. A lot people expected to just jump in and start terrorizing (including me) but that is not the case. He's still strong just in a different way.

it's not only the hunter that is poorly communicated how to play. It's the Survivor aswell. Playing be the Zombie as Survivor is a totally different Game compared to that what you experience in PvE. So you totally get thrown into cold water when you turn invasions on. Nighthunters have a trainingsground at least. That's why there are only 2 Types of Survivors out there:

1. Noobs that didn't turn off their invasions , who get totally powned and never turn on invasions again

2. And really good survivors who got thru a lot off losses to become that good and those survivors are powning nighthunter beginners.

And this Spiral leads to Survivors never playing again because they get invasions every 10 seconds when they turn it on. And nighthunters that have to wait half an hour to get a match and having a 50:50 chance of facing a noob or a pro.

Techland knows this aswell , that's why they put in this annoying "turn invasions on" window in one of the last patches. This Patch they've gone even further and placed "turn invasions on" on the exact same key then the flashlight when night time starts, so that maybe some dummies could accidently turn invasions on if they don't take care.

There are certain things you just have to accept while playing the night such as never having full energy when you want it or survivors always knowing where you're coming from.

This is the best thing you could say. Knowing these two things in advance is so essential to changing the way you play the mode.

I don't try to hide from Humans all that often, unless I'm using Sense-Disable spits. I let them know exactly where I am, because I know they know where I am, and I use that to my advantage. If you know they know where you are, you know how they'll react... most of the time. :huh:

And Melee is so underrated. Sometimes I hit people with UV Spit and don't even bother to Pounce. They get so distracted with Flare-throwing and dodging that you can get 3-4 shots in and just GP or keep swiping to finish them off.

EDIT: Spellingz.

Edited by DoctorPurrington

This is the best thing you could say. Knowing these two things in advance is so essential to changing the way you play the mode.

I don't try to hide from Humans all that often, unless I'm using Sense-Disable spits. I let them know exactly where I am, because I know they know where I am, and I use that to my advantage. If you know they know where you are, you know how they'll react... most of the time. :huh:

And Melee is so underrated. Sometimes I hit people with UV Spit and don't even bother to Pounce. They get so dsitracted with Flare-throwing and dodging that you can get 3-4 shots in and just GP or keep swiping to finish them off.

Exactly. Most kids panic and you just tackle and gp. Hiding from survivors in the new map is so EZ. Sense disable then hide in the grass. Your to fast for them.

Speed+deception =GG