Sign in to follow this  
Jmeboy

Need! - Toggle For Chromatic Aberration!

So I was under the impression that this option was coming with the new DLC/Update, but unfortunately it appears that I'm wrong.

In my opinion, the chromatic aberration effect is simply annoying. After all, in real life chromatic aberration is an effect caused by an error where the camera lens fails to focus all colours to the same convergence point.

Quite simply put... I don't want my GPU wasting effort trying to render a graphical error that I think looks hideous anyway.

I did look into a mod that disables it, but it requires motion-blur to be turned on... which Is an effect that I also dislike.

For anyone that doesn't know what chromatic aberration looks like :

pp011177crp.jpg

Yes, please. I know you guys at Techland have been completely ignoring us when it comes to Chromatic abberation but please! You do want to make your players happy don't you? ALOT of people have been asking for a (non-mod) way to disable it pretty much since launch.

Yes, please. I know you guys at Techland have been completely ignoring us when it comes to Chromatic abberation but please! You do want to make your players happy don't you? ALOT of people have been asking for a (non-mod) way to disable it pretty much since launch.

I'm glad more people feel the same way! We just need to get the devs to acknowledge the issue, and hope it's an easy enough thing to sort out.

Modding it out also disables online play or you might get vac banned (meaning you can't play on vac enabled servers). So pretty much, to get rid of Chromatic.. Abomination.. if you want to play online you risk running into actual cheaters.

If modders can get rid of it, it shouldn't be too hard for you guys to add a toggle. There are only positive sides to adding a toggle not to mention performance is better without chromatic abberation.

I was really dissapointed that the enhanced edition did not add such a toggle. Instead we got a couple of pretty useless fiters.

Chromatic Abberation is the one major thing that bugs me (and gives me a headache pretty much), so I was forced to mod it out.

Edited by Blackwolfe

I fully support this. This is a horrendous effect and visual options should not have to be modded out. Especially at the risk of being VAC banned and everyone requiring to have the MOD or else you can't play with them.

Yes PLEASE Techland listen to the fans.

There are some people who want to play Dying Light but cannot enjoy the game because of Chromatic Aberration. I'm not talking about it just being visually unappealing, I'm talking about more serious issues that it causes for some people. I personally get headache and my eyes get sore if I play Dying Light for more than 20 minutes, my friend gets motion sickness and has to stop. We simply cannot enjoy the game because of it.

At the very least enable co-op with modded content again.

Hi Techland to my knowledge this request has been asked for a very long time now with no real response to it from anyone. Could you answer why the silence over this feature request?

I have to use a mod to remove it so it can't be to hard or time consuming to enable a toggle in the menu but alas if I want to play with friends I have to remove the mod to play (and I don't want to run into issues with VAC bans etc).

Then it's not to long I get headaches making the play time far much less. Which if you're promoting co-op for the game and something I do with a lot of my games means this gets far leased played than others. Which is disappointing.

There's also a large number of threads over on Steam discussion on this issues with people asking for the same feature of a toggle for the setting. 

http://steamcommunity.com/app/239140/discussions/0/405691147603610627/

bump !

Please give us a way to disable it ... and think about ill people (epileptic inside) : even with special glasses and screen (+medicine), this effect destroys eyes and brain ...

AND if you really have to add more filters, add a "cell shadding" one , please ;)