tastkd

Dying Light Bow

Im not sure if it was intended. but the bow is very inaccurate. Halfway through flight it sinks way low. i would shoot a zombie about 2 ingame car lengths away and have to aim approx a zombie height above its head just to hit it in the torso. The arrows do a nose dive. normal?

been waiting for a bow in this game for quite some time. Thanks =]

Edited by tastkd

All I can say is firstly it's needs patching!! And secondly thank goodness I didn't have grind through Bozak Horde to get it - I bought it in a shop thanks to the update!!!

But it's damage and range needs to be increased for it to be a viable stealth weapon!

I mean it's actually a rubbish weapon..... Which I'm assuming is not Techlands intention?? Even a straight shot to the head doesn't kill anything.... So what's the point??? I mean I'm shooting about 8 arrows into a zombies head before it goes down... Same with human enemies...

What's the point?

Please Techland fix this......

Edited by Lamoi

Leveling through the extension, I suppose there will be better bows ?

I got the first crossbow which is quite precise but not very powerful. Very effective against Toads.

I just unlocked the new arrows and a better crossbow ... I will have to test it but it should be interesting.

I suppose Crossbows and Bows are not supposed to be overpowered like in Crysis 3, you know what I mean ^^

And stealth seems to be against Dying Light philosophy I guess ... no sniper rifle with sound suppressor :-)

I got a gold rifle which is too powerful ... at least it makes noise !

I'd still take the Bozak Bow over the regular bow anytime. I'd recommend you to take it up to complete it. The regular bow will fall too short, even when you've increased it's damage through legendary levels. Both the upgraded crossbow and Bozak Bow with two Kings on it get really overpowered later on. It's worth the grind, and besides, I've never had any issues aiming the Bozak Bow, even from long distances.

Edited by Drastamad

With the addition of Legendary levels, your weapons will be come crazy.

For each legendary level for the bow skill, your bow does 40% more damage. I'm at level 10 now, so its 400% more damage. My bozak bow is sitting at about 2200 damage.

The legendary levels also applies to the Crossbow. The crossbow also has upgrades. I'm using the Upgraded Crossbow, and its sitting at 2400 damage.

The bow they now sell is not as good as Bozak bow. The bozak bow allows you to insert mods, so you can have 2 king/clickers installed and its base damage is 450.

Legendary levels allow you to do basically anything you want. You can apply attributes in whatever order you want to fit your playstyle.

In normal mode, my bow 1 shots everything including Goons and 2 shots Demolishers/Volatiles