Sign in to follow this  
Hertz

Attention All "night Hunters" The New Map Is Suicide

"The Flat Land" pro/cons for NH

As shown by Techland in "The Showdown" the new map area is extremely "Open Field" of course because it is a countryside. Because of this, there is very little "obstruction" such as buildings, walls, fences, etc to block the UV Light. So instead, we have a constant hit of the UV light on the NH in open space . we all know the range of the UV light especially in laggy scenarios.

Unless your in one of the major towns there will be very little for you to tendril on besides the ground cutting your height advantage. It is mandatory that a NH has a different evade or animation based dodges just like Crane on flat land. Or the survivor sense needs to be cut. We need stealth. How can I use my main tool "Deception" in open field against 3 vehicles and with the new "UV safe zone" it's going to be great for the NH eh?

Obviously this isn't relevant in the "Marked Locations" but combat on flat ground is going to be a b**h.

To all of the GP skids who cry because it is the most used, be prepared because it will be used alot more against buggies in The Country Side.

Don't even think about "Jump Scaring" either because as a NH your presence is known 24/7 due to the spam of survivor sense.

The element of surprise for you is a myth.

Another thing, what to do if you have 4 elite survivors driving in a group and as soon as the NH jumps in a car they all hit the brake lights, 3 of them hop out the car and 3 hit you off the front? Or can you easily hop off?

Also, seriously survivors should enter BTZ with a fixated amount of items. Keep your duped items but when BTZ starts your limited to a few medkits so when you run out, you either have to be healed or you die. I keep hearing that alot of nerfs would make the game to much in the NH favor? Not really. That's the point your suppose to use teamwork to kill the NH. Not one guy Rambos his a$$.

NH=lunch meat.

Anymore pros /cons? Share them. Of course I missed a few.

Edited by Hertz

I agree the new map will be a nightmare if uv range itsnt decreased because in a mal without any cover keeping enough stamina for a fight is impossible and every attack will mostly be easily evaded by nh booster + dodge spam. And i dont know how the uv safehouse buggy will work but it seems awefull to the hunter.

I saw the trailer too IT WAS F*CKING AMAZING and looks fun, BUT as a NH player I also have my worries like if the NH will able to match boogie speed, and also horde hazards, my guess they will be almost useless unless survivors get down of the car (devs be like "you have to make the survivor get off the boogie"), are devs going to set nests in open areas or in a balanced field? it is the same broken NH like the original mode or it will have something new/changed in the following? the trailer showed that NHs can GP the boogie, but survivors can easly get off the vehicle kill the hunter in a open field and get back in again (also in the trailer, the part when the night hunter kills the survivors, first thought was "yeah like a survivor wouldn't had use UV light".

I hope they at least decrease spit cooldown on the map because it will be ridiculous hard to bulls eye a boogie or time the path its going and yet the time it takes your spit to explote, Imagine that now with 2 boogies, or is it going to be just one boogie per match?, I liked the trailer a lot but it creates a lot of questions for NH users.

Dont forget that on 1:25 on the BTZ showdown trailer, correct me if im wrong but i believe i saw a human slash a neck of NH when he was pounced, if techland did input pounce counter i will seriously quit whole game, its just so stupid...

Dont forget that on 1:25 on the BTZ showdown trailer, correct me if im wrong but i believe i saw a human slash a neck of NH when he was pounced, if techland did input pounce counter i will seriously quit whole game, its just so stupid...

It is to dark to tell but if it is, well that's fcked up.

No it's the FOV from the Human it basically the Human's arm is clipping when he's in the animation.

Then why is the kill sound playing, same one when you slash a zombie head (when time slows down) :D

I'm not one to shy away from criticism, but have we even seen the map being played via the Night Hunter yet? Like a full match, not the preview. We don't know where all the Nests will be placed. I can't imagine they will be all out in the open, and only placing them in the crowded city areas would be unfair for Humans (I know, I hate that phrase too).

Humans still have a lot going for them, but at least some of the major "exploits" are being patched. Yes, people will still dodge-spam and Flam their way to victory, but at least there are ways around that, unlike the Shield Glitch and map glitches. Timeouts will stave off campers and the Devs listen to our feedback. I doubt they would purposely place Nests completely out in the open constantly.

My point is, we don't even know if the map will be unbalanced yet. Let's hold off the pitchforks until they're warrented.

Edited by DoctorPurrington

Nest placement is a big factor and is something we definitely paid very close attention to.  Each hive will have unique locations based on how many people are playing and/or how the match is progressing.  There are unique easy, medium and hard locations of the volatile spawn in 1v1, 2v1, 3v1 and 4v1 variations.  Easy locations will typically be accessible in your buggy and are designed to give Survivors the least amount of resistance.  Hard locations will have more defenders, always include goons and typically require you to leave the buggy and use parkour to access them.  Medium Nests will have some balance of the two.  

Nest placement is a big factor and is something we definitely paid very close attention to. Each hive will have unique locations based on how many people are playing and/or how the match is progressing. There are unique easy, medium and hard locations of the volatile spawn in 1v1, 2v1, 3v1 and 4v1 variations. Easy locations will typically be accessible in your buggy and are designed to give Survivors the least amount of resistance. Hard locations will have more defenders, always include goons and typically require you to leave the buggy and use parkour to access them. Medium Nests will have some balance of the two.

Nice, survivors also like to position themselves in certain areas of the map to "Chose their own nest". Will the nest be randomized or will we be a to chose our own?

For example, is your stand at the north western most corner of slums I'm the apartment district you can force spawn 4/5 easy nest. The last if the set is the most difficult. 4/5 of those nest are survivor favored. I play against many US who take advantage of this as well as myself occasionally.

Randomizing the spawns is imparitive.

PS:I'm going to lol so hard if we don't get better assistance other than "Horde bombers".

Crane has a sh+the load if guns now do. Bombers will be ineffective. Just one shot and BOOM! Tech-9, shot gun uzi. Bomber success=0.GG I lulzy so hard at this thought.

Edited by Hertz

Nest placement is a big factor and is something we definitely paid very close attention to.  Each hive will have unique locations based on how many people are playing and/or how the match is progressing.  There are unique easy, medium and hard locations of the volatile spawn in 1v1, 2v1, 3v1 and 4v1 variations.  Easy locations will typically be accessible in your buggy and are designed to give Survivors the least amount of resistance.  Hard locations will have more defenders, always include goons and typically require you to leave the buggy and use parkour to access them.  Medium Nests will have some balance of the two.  

Pete you commented on my other post, but seriously, what're we going to do against the Long Range UV light in open land like that? What're we going to do against 3 cars with machine guns to shoot us off? The only new thing here is to grapple a car. Seriously Pete, seriously please make us strong and don't try to one-side the fight to the survivors' advantage.

Also, seriously survivors should enter BTZ with a fixated amount of items. Keep your duped items but when BTZ starts your limited to a few medkits so when you run out, you either have to be healed or you die. I keep hearing that alot of nerfs would make the game to much in the NH favor? Not really. That's the point your suppose to use teamwork to kill the NH. Not one guy Rambos his a$$.

NH=lunch meat.

Stopped reading here...

So all you want is an I-Win Button for the Hunter ?

The Hunter can die endlessly without any impact on the result of the game and spam a endlessly amount of his skills and the survivor should have a limited amount of his "abilities" ? lol

You want to have the human only a few medkits... ok then let the hunter lose the game if he dies to often or make Gold Weapons a 1-Hit Kill not just a standardized damage.

That would be a fair trade otherwise this is just hilarious.

Be the Zombie is designed around the assumption that you have a huge amount of supplies as survivor. You have a cooldown on all items, Uv light, potions, flares and so on. You can't even drink 2 different potions at the same time because the cooldown timer for a nighthunter potion also counts towards the cloak potion. so you have to chose to drink either the one or the other. Then besides the Cooldowns, weapons do the same damage. there is absolutely no advantage of having a gold tier weapon over a blue one.

Refinement of some items would need a huge rebalance in this standardization system, otherwise the hunter can just sit out the game until the survivors run out of items.

Edited by bjoernsen80

The Hunter can die endlessly without any impact on the result of the game

I wouldn't say that. Death of a night hunter means time for the survivor to focus on the nest without the constant threat of being stalked. That's why when you die as a night hunter he takes longer to respawn and he respawns further away. With the current survivor exploits a nest can be destroyed in one death cycle so essentially the night hunter has 5 lives (or chances if you want to look at it that way).

Aand spam a endlessly amount of his skills and the survivor should have a limited amount of his "abilities" ? lol

The night hunter has a cooldown or a fair amount of startup on everything, similar to the cooldowns you complain about with the survivor. They can't be spammed.

You want to have the human only a few medkits... ok then let the hunter lose the game if he dies to often or make Gold Weapons a 1-Hit Kill not just a standardized damage.

You say he wants a win button but yet you're asking for ohks? You should know how much of a problem that was pre patch. Damage scaling is in place for a reason.

Be the Zombie is designed around the assumption that you have a huge amount of supplies as survivor. You have a cooldown on all items, Uv light, potions, flares and so on. You can't even drink 2 different potions at the same time because the cooldown timer for a nighthunter potion also counts towards the cloak potion. so you have to chose to drink either the one or the other. Then besides the Cooldowns, weapons do the same damage. there is absolutely no advantage of having a gold tier weapon over a blue one.

No, it's not. Item cooldowns were added BECAUSE of duping. The game will give you flares and medkits on respawn if you don't have any. And again damage scaling is in place for a reason. It makes the game fun for BOTH sides.

Refinement of some items would need a huge rebalance in this standardization system, otherwise the hunter can just sit out the game until the survivors run out of items.

Not really. The objective is to destroy nests not fight the night hunter. If you're doing what you're supposed to then you put all the pressure on the night hunter player to act. Limited items only makes confrontations with the night hunter difficult but then again all you need is medkits and flares. Everything else is extra.

Edited by jcks

I wouldn't say that. Death of a night hunter means time for the survivor to focus on the nest without the constant threat of being stalked. That's why when you die as a night hunter he takes longer to respawn and he respawns further away. With the current survivor exploits a nest can be destroyed in one death cycle so essentially the night hunter has 5 lives (or chances if you want to look at it that way).

The night hunter has a cooldown or a fair amount of startup on everything, similar to the cooldowns you complain about with the survivor. They can't be spammed.

You say he wants a win button but yet you're asking for ohks? You should know how much of a problem that was pre patch. Damage scaling is in place for a reason.

No, it's not. Item cooldowns were added BECAUSE of duping not the other way around. The game will give you flares and medkits on respawn if you don't have any. And again damage scaling is in place for a reason. It makes the game fun for BOTH sides.

Not really. The objective is to destroy nests not fight the night hunter. If you're doing what you're supposed to then you put all the pressure on the night hunter player to act. Limited items only makes confrontations with the night hunter difficult but then again all you need is medkits and flares. Everything else is extra.

Lulz, thanks your for breaking down my post and explaining my ideology. Lulz he lacks comprehension. He probably just bought this game. I've had it since day one.

The fixated medkits isn't a bad idea considering the fact most play in "easy" making them instantly res your hp.

Edited by Hertz

No, it's not. Item cooldowns were added BECAUSE of duping. The game will give you flares and medkits on respawn if you don't have any. And again damage scaling is in place for a reason. It makes the game fun for BOTH sides.

point 1

why are people in this forum always pinpointing on bugs and/or exploits ? not every survivor is using exploits. i for myself play fair without any exploits and i know a lot of others playing fair too. and you don't need exploits to kill 1 nest in 1 death cycle when you play 1vs1 or 1vs2, you're near the nest when the hunter dies and all virals who protect the nest are dead. but that's not always the case. i had matches where the hunter died 15 times before i could kill the last nest. It's ok as it is but it wouldn't be ok if you limt the survivors number of supplies.

point 2

you missunderstood me, i didn't say they can spam it in a short amount of time. i know that the skills have cooldowns. but you have a unlimited amount of using that skill, that was what i wanted to say. not like you just have 10 horde spits in 1 match u know ?

point 3

u missunderstood me again, don't twist my words. i didn't ask for ohk's. I said when the survivor would only have 10 medkits or something like that THEN you should ohk with a gold tier weapon to make it even. Medkits are totally fine, they have an animation when you use it , the hunter can break this animation at any time when he puts enough pressure on the survivor, but most hunters don't do enough pressure in the right situation that's one of their biggest faults and that's why many survivors can just heal up themselves. a good solution or compromise would be that you can only use 2 medkits in 1 minute or something like that, but to say the survivor should only have 10 medkits is just stupid.

point 4

yes and it is totally ok that they done those cooldowns. that is actually a good solution. you need more than just flares and medkits to face a nighthunter. duping is also good for both sides just like damage scaling. Or do you think anyone of those regular survivor players would play BzT any longer if they have to farm for hours for their stuff ? lol. So more games for both sides. win win.

point 5

actually, you don't put pressure on the hunter when you destroy the nests, you just create opportunities for him to kill you, so you HAVE to fight him in most cases to get this little time window for destroying the nests.

and you actually need a lot more then just flares and medkits to be able to counter all the skills the nighthunter has.

Edited by bjoernsen80

Lulz, thanks your for breaking down my post and explaining my ideology. Lulz he lacks comprehension. He probably just bought this game. I've had it since day one.

The fixated medkits isn't a bad idea considering the fact most play in "easy" making them instantly res your hp.

Is that all you can do? Making stupid comments and assumptions ? The only one that lacks comprehension of balancing is you, otherwise you wouldn't ask for stupid things like giving the survivor just 10 medkits.

I play since day one too and i did a lot of night hunter matches , and the most things the nighthunters complain about are their own faults. If the survivor can heal up in between you 

1. didn't create a good chances to pounce

2. you havn't put enough pressure on the survivor

Techland has to consider all aspects of btz gameplay. that also includes 1vs1 and 1vs2 nighthunter matches. not only 1vs4. if you give the survivor 10 medkits in a 1vs1 he is simply lost. same goes for the stupid thing i read in this forum over and over again, to take away the survivor sense.

Edited by bjoernsen80

point 1

why are people in this forum always pinpointing on bugs and/or exploits ? not every survivor is using exploits. i for myself play fair without any exploits and i know a lot of others playing fair too. and you don't need exploits to kill 1 nest in 1 death cycle when you play 1vs1 or 1vs2, you're near the nest when the hunter dies and all virals who protect the nest are dead. but that's not always the case. i had matches where the hunter died 15 times before i could kill the last nest. It's ok as it is but it wouldn't be ok if you limt the survivors number of supplies.

point 2

you missunderstood me, i didn't say they can spam it in a short amount of time. i know that the skills have cooldowns. but you have a unlimited amount of using that skill, that was what i wanted to say. not like you just have 10 horde spits in 1 match u know ?

point 3

u missunderstood me again, don't twist my words. i didn't ask for ohk's. I said when the survivor would only have 10 medkits or something like that THEN you should ohk with a gold tier weapon to make it even. Medkits are totally fine, they have an animation when you use it , the hunter can break this animation at any time when he puts enough pressure on the survivor, but most hunters don't do enough pressure in the right situation that's one of their biggest faults and that's why many survivors can just heal up themselves. a good solution or compromise would be that you can only use 2 medkits in 1 minute or something like that, but to say the survivor should only have 10 medkits is just stupid.

point 4

yes and it is totally ok that they done those cooldowns. that is actually a good solution. you need more than just flares and medkits to face a nighthunter. duping is also good for both sides just like damage scaling. Or do you think anyone of those regular survivor players would play BzT any longer if they have to farm for hours for their stuff ? lol. So more games for both sides. win win.

point 5

actually, you don't put pressure on the hunter when you destroy the nests, you just create opportunities for him to kill you, so you HAVE to fight him in most cases to get this little time window for destroying the nests.

and you actually need a lot more then just flares and medkits to be able to counter all the skills the nighthunter has.

No they don't but currently that's what's possible so it's worth mentioning whenever we bring up the hunters respawn time. Normally it's fine and he has a chance to defend but with the games current state that's not true. One death = one nest and losing a nest is the equivalent of a survivor losing 2 lives.

Yes it's unlimited but you still need to factor in cooldown times. In a 1v1 situation spit cooldowns are about 2 minutes and they are the only items per se that a night hunter has (besides UV block for protection). Inbetween cooldown periods techland gives the survivor some time to deal damage to the nest before the hunter comes back around with spits because we all know the night hunter was designed to be trash at CQC, thus he depends on his spits more than anything. Survivors armed with dodge, UV light and dropkick should have everything they need to survive a confrontation with the night hunter and none of those abilities/accessories are limited by supply. 

Ten medkits does not justify ohks. The night hunter dies in 3 hits or less and only has 150 health. He cannot regain health until after about 3-5 seconds and doesn't have regen while the UV light is on him, while he has no energy, or if he's currently being hit. Survivors get 250 health along with regen as well, up to 50 I believe, which is enough to survive one tackle and two ground pounds. In almost every instance of CQC the survivor will win. The night hunters main method of killing survivors is ohk from pounce or horde spit so medkits wouldn't even help you in these situations. 

The bare minimum you need is medkits and flares. Everything else (except the UV light accessory) is extra. Keep in mind I'm talking items not abilities. You don't need a grappling hook, night hunter potions, or camouflage to win they just help act as additional counters. Case in point survivors don't start off with all of these extra items and none of the night hunters abilities can't be countered by what you already start off with.

If the night hunter loses all his nests he loses the match. So yes attacking the nests puts pressure on him unless he just feels like losing. His job is to both kill you AND protect all the nests. It just so happens he can do both at the same time by killing you.

Stopped reading here...

So all you want is an I-Win Button for the Hunter ?

The Hunter can die endlessly without any impact on the result of the game and spam a endlessly amount of his skills and the survivor should have a limited amount of his "abilities" ? lol

No, the hunter can die 5 times. Every hunter death is one nest destroyed.

There is already almost 1-hit weapon, two handed weapons deal right now 136damage leaving hunter with 14hp, from there, hunter can be killed with a mere hookshot.

I didn't wanted to say that, but you propably doesn't realise your weaknesses. As survivor i suck alone, but i didn't played long enough to train the skills, i rarely am beaten by a hunter when i play with my friend (Ultimate Survivor). As a hunter i die a lot within 2 seconds, some deaths are hilarious. I dare you to try BTZ yourself, you would understand how hard is to control the bag of sand with awfull parkour skills after you go beyond lvl20, if you don't have strong head, you will just leave that game and go to the trauma center.

Human can counter everything except GP with almost fatal fate for the NH, missed GP is also fatal for NH. Imagine that Dev said to me, that a way to counter DFA is to "be aware of survivor position and stay on the high grounds" so all the Hunters have is philosophical defense that even Platon would be proud of, while humans have real counters that can go fatal for him anytime, especially when there is 2 or more humans.

Survivors can go to easy mode and have instant healing, such person is 3 times harder to kill than human on hard mode. Maybe we should try each other? You as a hunter and me as a noob survivor?

Post a video from your game, people will tell what are you doing wrong.

Lucky for you, you will propably have a way to disable the matches with more experienced hunters after 9 FEB, leaving you with noobs only.

Edited by sanjyuubi

Hold one, anyone who believes that survivor sense is in any way legit or fair is an absolute fool. Humans don't have a third eye that can magically make certain objects glow in the dark like a gaddam Christmas tree! They are not mutants. The night hunter is a creature of the dark and so should be the only one to have this power. But it doesn't end there, because humans get to see us and disable our ability to see them without the need to skillfully place a grenade like projectile. Sanjyuubi that Platon comment made me lol.

The night hunter will only win with some luck, skill and deception. As NH is very underpowered. Please someone challenge my statements as I'm sick of people still thinking that humans need more help or better yet a sweet new ride that makes them twice their original speed. NH should be respected if they continue to play with most humans because most humans do cheat. This is from what I've experienced on PS4. Can't imagine what pc is like.

From my perspective I know devs will not remove survivors sense and NH's, not because its a mighty creature and survivals enhanced shait or anything, its more about gameplay and an easy way to create fast encounters, the only issue I find is at the battle moments, since humans can dodge almost everything NH's does, and you have to wait for the perfect moment to attack, and when playing against 4 or even 1 pro survivors those chances are almost 0, on the vanilla mode most of the nest are placed in open areas, most of the time there are not zombies guarding it, I will rather choose for an ability or more chances to create distractions, like more zombies or 2 goons per match, a spit decoy (that create a second NH on the radar), roofs that can actually call volatiles when destroyed (because when I destroy one doesn't do anything but the noise of incoming volatiles), again a would choose for envorimental distractions a NH could generate than adding or removing shiat from both sides.

From my perspective I know devs will not remove survivors sense and NH's, not because its a mighty creature and survivals enhanced shait or anything, its more about gameplay and an easy way to create fast encounters, the only issue I find is at the battle moments, since humans can dodge almost everything NH's does, and you have to wait for the perfect moment to attack, and when playing against 4 or even 1 pro survivors those chances are almost 0, on the vanilla mode most of the nest are placed in open areas, most of the time there are not zombies guarding it, I will rather choose for an ability or more chances to create distractions, like more zombies or 2 goons per match, a spit decoy (that create a second NH on the radar), roofs that can actually call volatiles when destroyed (because when I destroy one doesn't do anything but the noise of incoming volatiles), again a would choose for envorimental distractions a NH could generate than adding or removing shiat from both sides.

I like those ideas, decoys on the map or even sounds. We'll see if techland stepped up there game with the new update.

Hold one, anyone who believes that survivor sense is in any way legit or fair is an absolute fool. Humans don't have a third eye that can magically make certain objects glow in the dark like a gaddam Christmas tree! They are not mutants. The night hunter is a creature of the dark and so should be the only one to have this power. But it doesn't end there, because humans get to see us and disable our ability to see them without the need to skillfully place a grenade like projectile. Sanjyuubi that Platon comment made me lol.

The night hunter will only win with some luck, skill and deception. As NH is very underpowered. Please someone challenge my statements as I'm sick of people still thinking that humans need more help or better yet a sweet new ride that makes them twice their original speed. NH should be respected if they continue to play with most humans because most humans do cheat. This is from what I've experienced on PS4. Can't imagine what pc is like.

I don't really have anything against survivor sense except the fact that you can't hide from, while humans have camouflage method. I often saw few tactics when one person have camouflage and second one acts as a bait, you have to make decisions, ram into a bait and stop his rampage on nests and risk to be killed from behind or from above or just looking around where that camouflaged fellow is (it is hard to be aware of a human that i can't see, luckily i can see his UV flashlight when he blinks on minimap, his normal flashligh is barely noticable). Even being undetected when crouching would be at least a bit of hope in some situations, but it is only a wishlist (another wish is small shockwave generated if you succeed in tackle which will shove aside other survivors that are trying to eat me). It would be also nice that i see for e.g. a sonar reflection effect when my scream hits camouflaged survivor.

Taking Survivor sense away would create unfair matches because high level humans doesn't really need that mini map, my friend can tell where NH is because he have surround speaker set, this works also with headphones. My experience taught me that sense suppressor have almost no effect on skilled players, so i'm not using it, it rises the chances to pounce a survivor but don't expect anything special, UV suppressor is a lot more usefull as it forces humans to camp where they throw their flares, then you can spit a horde on them or use uv shield and pound'n'pounce. I would even dare to say that UV suppressor assisted with uv shield is the most powerfull weapon for hunter, toxic is a trash and a horde is useless if you can't create chaos (i found it somehow usefull on humans lying on the ground waiting for help, i had few interesting outcomes with 2-3 people lying on the ground, few hit by uv suppressor and flares spreaded everywhere - most enjoyable moments even when i didn't succeed in the end)

Edited by sanjyuubi

" It would be also nice that i see for e.g. a sonar reflection effect when my scream hits camouflaged survivor."

Unfortunately, it's the humans, with their "survivors senses" who have this ability. The hunter shine like a firefly emitting a visible pulse by all and show its exact location on the map in real time. I think this is a HUGE problem.

what about the long list of other weird BtZ features that NH must rely on in this new massive open world?

I dont know where to begin regarding issues that have been routinely addressed in this forum, as NH is transplanted to the Following. If it's not (late) shields blocking spits attached to survivor or needless, yet fatal, NH animations. If NH is lucky to pounce a survivor his teammates can hit and take NH's health down to zero. Every attack animation is fatal for the NH. You have to play against complete m0rons to not be repeatedly killed as NH. The list of issues/imbalances/glitches for BtZ is long, forcing me to wonder why TL released this flawed add-on in the first place and then not maintain it.... and now forcing payers to possibly deal with the same issues on an even larger map.

Can you explain how BtZ has evolved, having lessons-learned in mind? Personally, I could care less about the new buggy's when demo'ing in BtZ and how the nests are placed in BtZ... I'm looking forward to a better, more competitive, BtZ experience on the Following (and possibly enhanced Slums and Old Town). What repairs are being delivered on Tuesday?