EnlightenMe

The Truth About The Night Hunter: A Story Waiting To Be Unfolded

I like your theory, but the Night Hunter has a one of a kind roar, and no other infected has it. (None that we know of)

haha right, notice about that too. I still hope that he will develop into something far better, something with a hive-mind concept that could control all the infected, not a lone ranger like the night hunter. This way we will have a more baddass bos fight in the sequel!! What could be more awesome than human-volatile hybrid aka the mother to fight against?  Fighting the night hunter of course! 

But again, we know how NH is being protective of its nests, probably it is the leader of the pack! Oh Crane.. what have u become..   :(  

Edited by EnlightenMe

That sounds awesome! But what if people chose the blow up Harran ending? :(

It's non-canon i guess. The alternate ending is there to let u see what will happen if crane give up on finding the cure- obliterate everything and settle it once and for all. But as we know that it is unlikely for Crane to do so (plus the act seems a bit off to me cause Crane doesn't sounds like himself).      

Edited by EnlightenMe

I really loved the end of The Following and the fact that it turns into the night hunter. It's really well done (imo). The end with the nuclear bomb I think it sucks, it does not fit with the personality of Crane. He is determined to do anything to save the people of the tower, anything.

And for those who say it is a volatile because he has not the same hands that the night hunter, personally I think his mutation is not complete, so it's not a valid argument imo.

And finally, the subtitle (volatile scream) proves nothing. Why ? If the dev wanted to put a volatile roar, they would have done. Instead we hear the howl of the night hunter, so I think that means he will evolve into a Night Hunter, after his volatile stage.

First of all i would like to thank Techland for making this awesome game! u hear that Techland! It's fricking AWESOME! i love everything that the single player has to offer.. U guys ROCK! The final boss fight... love it too!.

Ok now back to the oohsome ending and what i understand from it (yup it's long):

1. The virus/ serum (or whatever u want to call it) was created by the military and they have been doing some experiment, probably want to create a super soldier serum or something like that. Most likely they had it tested on human and they are fully aware of its effect- hence the fail-safe system or the nuke that they stored in the dam. So we know that the volatile arise from this. It is also clear that the mutation has not reach its final stage (we can see this on the new volatile's version in the following) and it could develop into a new breed, something like the Night hunter or a new one.

Probably the first few volatiles were created from the military experiment (using the serum) and once they fully turned into one they have this brood mentality, recruiting more of them by infecting human- we see this in the following many times i.e sabit got turned into one and also the others in the hives that asking for mercy from Kyle to end their sufferings. i'm not sure how the volatiles infect them though cause i haven't finish collecting the doctor's note.

2. But what about the biters? There are 2 possibilities: 1- they are produced by the lesser version of the serum or a defective one during development process. 2- the serum could has different effect on different people depending on their genetics or resistance or whatever u can think of that is related to the body.

But still, u can change into a volatile if u take the serum, just like 'the mother' as she took it before she turns into a higher version of the volatile that we see in the following. But what cause her to have this telepathic power and still retain her human consciousness? It's like she's a new breed in her own class. She mentioned about people turning on the dam's power and the electricity that woke her up- maybe this has some effect on her transformation? Maybe her genetic? Maybe it's due to prolong exposure to the serum in its gaseous form after taking the liquid one? i'm not sure about this..

3. Kyle Crane is no longer the Kyle.. or Crane that we know him. He has turn into a volatile, well a higher version of it like 'the mother' which could develop into a very unique story in the zombie's history! If u ask me about the night hunter, i still don't believe that's him. It could be someone else from the military serum project which through times, develop into its current form. The night hunter is intelligent and aggressive yet it lacks human consciousness. It still in its own class like the mother, but more like an elite soldier or something.

But don't be sad, all is not lost (i believe). Kyle still retain his humanity inside of him although physically, he's now a superhuman (more like super-zombie). This is where it gets interesting, Kyle can fight the zombies with his newly found gift while finding the cure to change himself back to being all human again. I mean why not? U guys what him to end like a full chupacabra zombie that kills everyone on sight? Come on, Kyle Crane is much better than this! He will emerge victorious and comes back in glory i'm sure of it!

4. Another thing that excites me is the potential of the new Kyle Crane fighting with the Night hunter! hell yeah! Will it be something like the boss fight from the following but with more skills and new ability in his possession? This one might be something like controlling first person Alex Mercer from The Prototype or....

are we gonna meet a new character that's gonna help solve the problem while Crane giving him/ her a helping hand from the shadow? What do u guys think?

Keep in mind that The Mother wasn't able to control herself when in the darkness. She most likely didn't have any sort of human consciousness while in that state as well, so the same thing could very well apply to Crane, but we don't know for sure considering the screen went to black, but from hearing the Night Hunter's howl, it's pretty much very heavily implied that Crane lost control of himself and most likely killed those children and their mother in that parking lot! :3

Keep in mind that The Mother wasn't able to control herself when in the darkness. She most likely didn't have any sort of human consciousness while in that state as well, so the same thing could very well apply to Crane, but we don't know for sure considering the screen went to black, but from hearing the Night Hunter's howl, it's pretty much very heavily implied that Crane lost control of himself and most likely killed those children and their mother in that parking lot! :3

Right i remember that part when she told crane that she passionately ripped them apart in the dark.

To my understanding, she said that this event occur after she woke up from her transformation. But then she said to us that she wanted to change this and be 'the mother' that her followers deserve. I believe that's why she wear that mask and start to act like a guardian around her people.

Now, come to think of it i never heard any bad things about her from other NPCs throughout the game. Even the faceless was practical and kind imo, they show no hatred or whatsoever.. If she had continuously killed her followers at night prior to her death, they will know this and will fear her, but that's not the case-she is well-loved! so i believe that the killing is a one time event.  Yup, she managed to restrain that killing urge with will power alone.

Now back to Crane. There is a high chance that he will attack the family but to kill them, maybe.. but i hope not! Either way, this event will cause him to be more determined and focused on finding the cure.

It could be anything really. But i really hope that of all the possibilities, the ending isn't just some kind of dream or hallucination that Kyle Crane is having- If this happens i will hate u Techland! :angry:  and don't ruin his face too! just change the eye color and give him few stripes or marks to differentiate him with other volatiles! or i will hate u twice!  :angry:  :angry:  (I'm starting to sound like a fanboy now! F**k it! lol)

Edited by EnlightenMe

Another thing, we know that Crane won't make it back in time to deliver the serum/ cure to Camden. With the current situation in Harran, especially the slums, something must be going on to keep the remaining survivors from turning into zombies.

Here is an idea (I posted this earlier somewhere). The point is, as Crane could no longer be reached, the given story will at least give the desperate survivors some hope, although it's only temporary, they may last until Crane is back- and ultimately we know that it's not the end of Harran: 

Something must have happened in the slums-old town while crane was away in the countryside. Another short story from someone else perspective would be interesting. Maybe as Brecken? we have the skin already and he's a goddamn parkour instructor (that's what he said), so just give similar skill tree to him as what Crane has. Just need a few modification to it so that it's unique to him- cause again, he's a goddamn parkour instructor! (i like this when he said it himself)

The Plot- Let say Brecken decided that they need an alternative plan in case Crane doesn't make it back in time. (Guess what! he's fcking right mate!). He could help Camden produce a new drugs with temporary effect of the antizin by doing certain quest etc. I have yet to see a huge hospital in Harran surely there must be one and the dlc could take place in it. A large hospital building with blocked ways, puzzles and items/ drugs to collect and need to be mixed in the hospital laboratory. It takes time and while doing so, need to fend off not only the zombies but also what remains of rais thugs too- yup they must be desperate for a cure too.

A sequel that takes place from the following ending would be better in DL2 imo, cause it needs a long story and deeper plots to it!

Edited by EnlightenMe

I agree but I saw that in dl2 you play as gazi which if you remember the mothers day side quest the guys name is gazi could we be him? Also his mother is dead in dl1 and in dl2 his mother dies he and he wants revenge. Plus in dl2 it takes place 15 years after the outbreak. So I think you play as gazi from the mother's day side quest.

I agree but I saw that in dl2 you play as gazi which if you remember the mothers day side quest the guys name is gazi could we be him? Also his mother is dead in dl1 and in dl2 his mother dies he and he wants revenge. Plus in dl2 it takes place 15 years after the outbreak. So I think you play as gazi from the mother's day side quest.