RaceyStorm3124

Dying Light Pvp Needs A Serious Fix.

Something desperately needs to change in BTZ I just finished a match against one person and he was literally invincible because all he did was strafe backwards and beamed me with his flashlight THE ENTIRE TIME I couldn't spit at him because one strafe means he is out of range of my ground pound and all of my spits and I couldn't tackle him because he was already holding r1 he was literally in mid air well off the ground half the time I tried to tackle and somehow he still managed to "double jump" over everytime also there was no way to pounce him because his flashlight never ran out once and even when did manage to almost kill him the thing he had to do was heal to maximum health there was no way I could have beat him seeing as he always knew where I was and all he has to do is strafe backwards and keep his flashlight on me and I have no way to fight back whatsoever so as a personal message to the debs of dying light please either give us some form of stealth or give us counters of our own because no counters of our own you say we can cancel drop kick with ground pound but you have to somehow guess when there about to press the button in mid air? Not only that but the survivor locks on to you and cancels everything you do when he lands drop kick plus it would have been out of range of ground pound anyway while counters to the night hunter you are able to actually react to the move not guess when it comes flying out of nowhere if the counter system worked the same way with survivors every time you got hit with pounce you would have to hit the night hunter with the flashlight literally the second they press the button instead of reacting to being grabbed and then beaming them with a flashlight

Something desperately needs to change in BTZ I just finished a match against one person and he was literally invincible because all he did was strafe backwards and beamed me with his flashlight THE ENTIRE TIME I couldn't spit at him because one strafe means he is out of range of my ground pound and all of my spits and I couldn't tackle him because he was already holding r1 he was literally in mid air well off the ground half the time I tried to tackle and somehow he still managed to "double jump" over everytime also there was no way to pounce him because his flashlight never ran out once and even when did manage to almost kill him the thing he had to do was heal to maximum health there was no way I could have beat him seeing as he always knew where I was and all he has to do is strafe backwards and keep his flashlight on me and I have no way to fight back whatsoever so as a personal message to the debs of dying light please either give us some form of stealth or give us counters of our own because no counters of our own you say we can cancel drop kick with ground pound but you have to somehow guess when there about to press the button in mid air? Not only that but the survivor locks on to you and cancels everything you do when he lands drop kick plus it would have been out of range of ground pound anyway while counters to the night hunter you are able to actually react to the move not guess when it comes flying out of nowhere if the counter system worked the same way with survivors every time you got hit with pounce you would have to hit the night hunter with the flashlight literally the second they press the button instead of reacting to being grabbed and then beaming them with a flashlight.

I feel your pain. I ran into a similar situation last night with a player and also recently got to level 17 on mutation 1 and have to level up twice in order to get a skill point. This means that I have to get around 10K - 14K XP in order to get a skill point. Therefore, with this leveling up system and the constant "brokenness" and imbalances of BTZ, my frustration levels are peaking nowadays. I will try out the new tweaks on 2/9, but if the improvements aren't enough, I will probably need to take a permanent vacation from the game - it's just not worth the frustration anymore.

Edited by A. Ryan

I feel your pain. I ran into a similar situation last night with a player and also recently got to level 17 on mutation 1 and have to level up twice in order to get a skill point. This means that I have to get around 10K - 14K XP in order to get a skill point. Therefore, with this leveling up system and the constant "brokenness" and imbalances of BTZ, my frustration levels are peaking nowadays. I will try out the new tweaks on 2/9, but if the improvements aren't enough, I will probably need to take a permanent vacation from the game - it's just not worth the frustration anymore.

Agreed. Look at this "new" be the zombie mode showdown:

Now this is what I said in the comments:

-----

Ooooh... Techland... I'm hyped for this but.. it's scaring me. I made a post on the NH issues I HOPE is fixed.:  http://forum.techland.pl/topic/11207-dying-light-pvp-needs-a-serious-fix/ Pete even responded to it, read the comments of it. (But I don't think he read what I said..) I REALLY REALLY REALLY hope the Night Hunter is REALLY the strength of 4 men.

-- That didn't say much except the players now have the UV Light, a 1-hit kill car that they can also overwhelm the NH with and run over.

-- That didn't prove anything except that the player didn't know how to use the UV properly and completely counter that easily.

-- Grappling a car is an AWESOME feature. But I hope the car behind that one can't shoot the NH while he's attacking the other car. It'd be bananas if we UV a car to grapple just to another car can shoot us off.

-- Awesome.

-- Uhm, the player can easily counter that. Now, if we can counter their dropkicks, then that's awesome too.

Ok ok, I don't want to seem like I'm complaining or contradicting everything techland does, but this looks like the same exact thing. I see nothing new from the Night Hunter except that he can now grapple cars. I always thought of the Night Hunter as a Stealthy Horror who has survivors scared because they've no idea where he's coming from and needs to actually use teamwork. Or was I wrong? And Instead it's a 4-man killing war-machine who dies after 3 hits?

------

Cause it's true. I'm tired of them saying they "balanced" it when they didn't do anything at all. The game is soo one-sided to the humans favor. Now the humans have cars with machine guns and blowtorches on them. Guess what? We're stuck with the SAME OLD GROUNDPOUND. That's why I said they scare me. So far, I see nothing new for the NH.

I'm just gonna trade Dying Light in for The Division. Let's hope that's not a let-down either.

Agreed. Look at this "new" be the zombie mode showdown:

Now this is what I said in the comments:

-----

Ooooh... Techland... I'm hyped for this but.. it's scaring me. I made a post on the NH issues I HOPE is fixed.:  http://forum.techland.pl/topic/11207-dying-light-pvp-needs-a-serious-fix/ Pete even responded to it, read the comments of it. (But I don't think he read what I said..) I REALLY REALLY REALLY hope the Night Hunter is REALLY the strength of 4 men.

0:55 -- That didn't say much except the players now have the UV Light, a 1-hit kill car that they can also overwhelm the NH with and run over.

1:00 -- That didn't prove anything except that the player didn't know how to use the UV properly and completely counter that easily.

1:04 -- Grappling a car is an AWESOME feature. But I hope the car behind that one can't shoot the NH while he's attacking the other car. It'd be bananas if we UV a car to grapple just to another car can shoot us off.

1:08 -- Awesome.

1:10 -- Uhm, the player can easily counter that. Now, if we can counter their dropkicks, then that's awesome too.

Ok ok, I don't want to seem like I'm complaining or contradicting everything techland does, but this looks like the same exact thing. I see nothing new from the Night Hunter except that he can now grapple cars. I always thought of the Night Hunter as a Stealthy Horror who has survivors scared because they've no idea where he's coming from and needs to actually use teamwork. Or was I wrong? And Instead it's a 4-man killing war-machine who dies after 3 hits?

------

Cause it's true. I'm tired of them saying they "balanced" it when they didn't do anything at all. The game is soo one-sided to the humans favor. Now the humans have cars with machine guns and blowtorches on them. Guess what? We're stuck with the SAME OLD GROUNDPOUND. That's why I said they scare me. So far, I see nothing new for the NH.

I'm just gonna trade Dying Light in for The Division. Let's hope that's not a let-down either.

Everything you said is 100% true. The only time in which I would buy into the idea that the game is "balanced" is when there is an equal reaction to the survivor's actions VS. the NH. I listed off a some ideas in other threads, but I'll post a few here.

For example:

The Hunter gets punished for missing a GP, then have the human be punished for missing a dropkick. 

The Hunter gets punished for missing a pounce due to the animation with the NH falling over after the interrupt. Solution? Have the human fall over as well. 

The Survivor gets a short respawn after death, shorten the NH respawn to the same time frame. 

The Survivor can negate the effects of the horde spit due to climbing buildings. Solution? Allow the horde to climb.

The UV light has an insane regen speed. Solution? Match this same regen speed to the hunter's spit regen speed. Either shorten the UV regen speed to match the slow spit regen speed of the Hunter OR increase the regen speed of the spits to match the fast regen speed of the UV light.

The Survivor can dodge attacks, allow the NH to dodge.

Edited by A. Ryan

All the mechanics around the Zombie seem to discourge you from playing it compared to the human side... 

1) You can see humans chat. ( Dont think i really need to explain what is so bad about it? )
2) You are playing alone and your overall challenge is bigger ( where is the logic in that? you are the monster... the humans who are playing as a team need the bigger challenge ).
3) Every extra human adds tons of extra challenge to your game ( where is the balance in that? ) 
4) Human Sense adds million bazillion extra challenge and makes you a scared rabbit rather then a fearsome monster ( ironic? )
5) Motivation? Get "exp" and open up extra skills to reduce the level of abuse from the humans ( compared to getting legendaries as humans ^^ )

There are probably other things that i cant recall... but i think my point is clear.

It's sad how PvP is useless (Which is why I stopped playing PvP), because the PvP has potential. But the so called "Night Hunter" it just a normal volatile with spits and grapples. In this, I'm going to go over all the problems with the PvP. Which I seriously hope will be patched within the next few months.(I'm on PS4) *Note, I am an expert NH. I'm good and all, but I seriously hate the way I HAVE to fight*

1. Survivor Sense

If us Night Hunters are supposed to "hunt" why does the Prey know out exact location at all times? I mean, it's understandable, but don't pin-point out EXACT location. At least show some arrows in the direction we're in. That's 1 fix. The other is adding an (At least) 10 second cool-down times in using it. That's another fix. A third is if you're not going to do neither of those things, then please at least give the night-hunters some kind of cloak (Like humans have). It's a bummer I can't get anyone off guard because of survivor sense. Give the night hunter players a sense they're actually the hunter with stealth options. If not gonna give the NH Cloak (Then a great ida would be) then make it so whenever the NH screeches to find the players, the players temporarily (for like 3 seconds) get an arrow, AN ARROW NOT EXACT SPOT, on the minimap to tel them where the screech came from, making it suspenseful for them and making us screech with caution.

2. UV Light and Energy

The UV light is extremely bananas. It's rage is like 400 ft. Us Night-hunters don't even have to be near the humans for them to just sit there and abuse the UV light when we're clearly 400 ft away. These should only be used in up-close situations only. Not something they could use from a far distance just because. Once, I couldn't do anything because while one person beat my nest the other guy (Only 2 people) beamed the light at me whether I was near or not. The player still does an immediate -35% to our HP even with a broken pipe regardless if we have full energy or not. The human also can use this in pounces, why would a human be scared of a pounce if he could look at us while holding L2?

3. Cool-Downs and loading screens

Human cool-downs are at most 5 seconds long. Us night hunter have a full 3 minutes(At least). If we use a spit and whether we hit or miss regardless, we're screwed, the player has a shield that stops spits even when on them. When a night hunter die, it takes 30 seconds for us to spawn, an extra 30 seconds to cover the distance between us and our nest. That's a minute, a human could take down a nest in a minute. At least spawn us a bit closer and not the other side of the map?If us Night-hunters miss a GP it's like a 5 second penalty for us to recover, that's enough for a player to hit us twice with the weakest weapon in the game plus a GP = death for us. Not to mention those swings from humans are very fast, so if we miss a GP, they will kill us, might as well give us a death penalty for missing a GP. If a human misses a drop-kick it's instant recovery. Plus everything they have, their cool-downs are all decreased in INVASION (I think). PLEASE reduce the NH cooldowns. Because we will not have options. I'll get into that later.

4. Dodging

This and UV light has to be the two I hate most. We can't dodge their drop-kicks or air-takedowns but they can dodge our pounces and tackles? That's crazy. If two players tackle at the same time, the human wins automatically. Tackling a human is next to impossible, if humans are supposed to have a dodge window why is their dodge window in slow motion giving them a bit more than two seconds to jump? The only time we have an advantage is against someone who just got the game. Anyone with 4+ days of experience will kill us. 

5. We're not fear, we're fun

I was expecting when players see "INVASION" on their screens to say "Oh chupacabra!" not ignore it and say "Oh...I need to test this new move anyway". Sometimes when I play a game, I'M the one being chased! If there's 2 people in the game, they usually stare me down with UV lights, chasing me throughout the map. Spit -- they shield. I try to tackle, they jump while depleting my energy. I GP, they instant recover and still in UV lights reach -- plus if I miss that GP I'm dead anyway. Our energy lasts VERY short. We run out of energy fast. When we run out of energy, could we at least be able to jump high for a get-away and not walking helplessly? 

6.Agility

Ok, why is it when I want to leave a battle, the humans are catching up to be because of their grapple n uv light and because the NightHunter doesn't run all that much faster than a human? Plus, they have that UV light. If we try to run while they're grappling toward us with the UV light beamed. Why should we try? Our energy would be depleted in 2.5 seconds(And I'm being literal) and they're swinging that machete. 3 hits, we're done. It's crazy how this PvP has potential but you guys wanted to favor the humans so badly that the cons for a NH completely out-weighs pros!

7. No more options!

I know everyone has been to the point where all your moves are in cooldown, right? All of them take about a minute and a half, while the players are demolishing your nest because they shielded your spits and now you've got no options. The humans have like 5 flares around the nest, while 1 or 2 players kill the nest, another player watches and UV lights us away. (i can relate to this scenario) Then you go in for a tackle but they dodge then you gotta use that (I think particle skin thing where UV lights are temporarily useless to you?) particle skin thing and zip out. Lucky if a player doesn't already dropkick you by then and all of them jump you. Or, you try an air GP(Lucky if you even get one without the Watch-out human glaring you down with UV), you hit them but... now what? Now they're all fully recovered and have rifles and running at you with weapons with UV aimed at you. You grapple out and your cooldown still has 15 seconds to go and your nest is at 3%. Sometimes the only thing us night hunters can do is sit and wait. Nothing more.

8. Where is teamwork and suspense?

Where's the suspense? I was expecting a suspense and having people kind of actually USE teamwork. Yes, make the NH so powerful that when against 1 person, he's next to screwed, if you try to make it so 1 person could last with a night hunter, than imagine 4 people that are able to last with a night hunter, AGAINST a night hunter? It's bananas. When I first was against a NH He scared me terribly. There was suspense and all (That was before I got into the habit of using Survival sense). But after usuing survival sense it's just like "Hey! He's over here, let me beam that 400 ft UV light at him!". 

I'm an expert NH --

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dnmyf7jInuQ

I understand you wanting to give the humans a chance but come on, don't make them have so much of a chance it's impossible for us NH to take on two. Don't make the NH an annoying pest, make him a fear people are scared of. It's a shame people are more scared of Volatiles rather than the NH cause all they have to do is beam a light. (I feel like I'm leaving some stuff out, so I might update later)

1) I share frustration with the survivor sense.  But It's honestly needed in order to give humans even a fighting chance.  The only change i'd be comfortable with is removing the real time tracking on the mini map.  But even then.  And You're supposed to create your own instances in which they are off their guard.  You can't rely on one of them dropping their guard for no reason so you can get a free pounce.  If you struggle that much against the sense use the spit that suppresses it.

2) With the new tendril changes you can easily get out of UV range.  And in the situation you described it sounds like you were playing against smart players.  Why should they get punished?  I'm sure there is a handful of things you could have done in that situation.  You were probably just outplayed.  nothing wrong with that.  If UV light was limited to short range the hunter could overwhelm much easier  it exists as both a quick counter to a pounce and a way to keep NH's at range.

3) That's over stated. spit cooldowns in a 3v1 are 30-45 seconds.  90 in 1v1s. Shield exploit was fixed.  Over stating again.  You can easily make it back to nearly any nest in under 30 seconds off spawn now if you know how to properly use your speed in tendril.  and the longer respawn time exists so survivors actually have a chance to damage the nests.  Considering how strong ground pound is the penalty is needed.  you can whiff GP's to bait survivors pretty easily.  and they did reduce the damage you take after a failed attempt.  not by much but it's noticeable.

4) No longer true.  A hunter will automatically when any grapple state now as long as he initiates the ability before or at the same time as the survivor using their ability.  So If I hit tackle right as you try to drop kick me (as an example) I win every time now.  This also applies to death from above.  Speaking of which when a human starts that now they have to commit.  they can't roll out of it if they miss.

5) Subjective.

6) Tendril speed is faster now when you go into it with momentum.  you easily out pace survivors.  Grappling hook also costs more for the humans.  lastly UV heal is nearly instant now.  So even if they do manage to deplete your stamina you can just get it all back.

7) subjective and heavily skewed.

IMO humans have the advantage in a 3v1.  it's a fair fight in a 2v1.  and hunter has massive advantage in 1v1.  They also made a bunch of other good changes.  Right now it feels like the determining factor for a win on either side is based on player skill.  Which is how it should be.

Hi, new to the forums, but played this game since release. Gotta say the "mutations" absolutely kills this game mode. I went from being on a unbalanced scale to being unable to enjoy the zombie mode.

Reseting was the worst thing I ever did,and for no perks but another spit? I know I won't be going to mutation 3,as it's not worth it at all.

Every suggestion I've seen in this thread is great, and I don't understand why Techland made this mode more frustrating for the NH. You're not a hunter, you're more a survivor than ANY human.

There should be buffs with each mutation. Period.

Hi, new to the forums, but played this game since release. Gotta say the "mutations" absolutely kills this game mode. I went from being on a unbalanced scale to being unable to enjoy the zombie mode.

Reseting was the worst thing I ever did,and for no perks but another spit? I know I won't be going to mutation 3,as it's not worth it at all.

Every suggestion I've seen in this thread is great, and I don't understand why Techland made this mode more frustrating for the NH. You're not a hunter, you're more a survivor than ANY human.

There should be buffs with each mutation. Period.

Couldn't have said it any better. A night Hunter that's literally classified as moving stone gets no physical buffs AT ALL! Only 3 more spits nobody has still found any tactics for post-patch.

Couldn't have said it any better. A night Hunter that's literally classified as moving stone gets no physical buffs AT ALL! Only 3 more spits nobody has still found any tactics for post-patch.

It's just not fun when you're wiped and going up against level 250 humans. 2 of them with cloaks and you get to do nothing while they wipe out nests. I'm literally stuck leveling up on hitting them with spits and the occasional lower level groups making it fun again.

With people being able to opt out, the NH deserves a buff to compete with the few who don't.

Edited by RustledJimmy

all this complaining, and for what you want done is a lot of work, just stop playing then with all this you want done the mutation 3 that smacked me last night, will be unstoppable, and I am ultimate survivor, but this would just be Doomed. Its about strategy, STRATEGY

Edited by Chaos_Deception
Swear word removed.

I preOrdered Dying Light and I loved it from second one.

In the Lore of the game people FEAR the night because it's basically a death sentence, Yes I play on highest difficulty since I have maxed out except for the Legendary Levels. Even when I play 1v1 with a Night Hunter I simply get out everything I can, I play on PC with a Controller and mostly I win because of exactly the things that are the most frustrating:

1. Missing a GP is death safe to say

2. The range of the UV is too high and yes it is meant to keep them at bay (a few feet/ a few meters) but not to give you half a kilometer/mile safe zone

3. Cooldowns of any Spits are so high that Tactics need to be made BUT the NH isn't an animal, it is a human body physically mutated due to heavy infection of a virus, it doesn't fear pain and it doesn't "Hunt", it simply kills, eats and spreads the virus. So why the hell do we need Tactics.

4. UV burning through your skin and lowering your HP and dying in three hits, the NH is supposed to be Fear-incarnate not a wolf you hear howling in the night and think "Damn. One of those, ok let me get my UV and my good shoes out and Rock this thing" increase HP and agility for 1v1 and an increasing buff for every player on humans side more.

5. when 4v1 it would be awesome to have a "hidden" Hunter that doesnt appear on the minimap even with survivor sense, when that one kills he becomes the "appearing" one (maybe even just a chance for that happening, JUST 4V1!!!)

6. For the humans it might be a really cool thing to add a new mechanic into the game: Armor and Utilites! on clothes to help prepare for specific enemies, when changing the costume we already have the "spots" that describe the things that are on the clothes, I mean it's somehow strange that basically no one in a zombie apocalypse comes to the conclusion "Huh, maybe i should be wearing a heavy leather jacket, pants and gloves, maybe even something to cover my face, instead of thin skin-tight pants and T-Shirts, and since we already craft buggy parts without much of the proper tools, it wouldn't that much of a stretch.

(7. I don't know what we can actually see of the movements of the other players, some times I die even though the guy i am clawing right now isn't moving. may be a problem with my connection or I am right^^)

I preOrdered Dying Light and I loved it from second one.

In the Lore of the game people FEAR the night because it's basically a death sentence, Yes I play on highest difficulty since I have maxed out except for the Legendary Levels. Even when I play 1v1 with a Night Hunter I simply get out everything I can, I play on PC with a Controller and mostly I win because of exactly the things that are the most frustrating:

1. Missing a GP is death safe to say

2. The range of the UV is too high and yes it is meant to keep them at bay (a few feet/ a few meters) but not to give you half a kilometer/mile safe zone

3. Cooldowns of any Spits are so high that Tactics need to be made BUT the NH isn't an animal, it is a human body physically mutated due to heavy infection of a virus, it doesn't fear pain and it doesn't "Hunt", it simply kills, eats and spreads the virus. So why the hell do we need Tactics.

4. UV burning through your skin and lowering your HP and dying in three hits, the NH is supposed to be Fear-incarnate not a wolf you hear howling in the night and think "Damn. One of those, ok let me get my UV and my good shoes out and Rock this thing" increase HP and agility for 1v1 and an increasing buff for every player on humans side more.

5. when 4v1 it would be awesome to have a "hidden" Hunter that doesnt appear on the minimap even with survivor sense, when that one kills he becomes the "appearing" one (maybe even just a chance for that happening, JUST 4V1!!!)

6. For the humans it might be a really cool thing to add a new mechanic into the game: Armor and Utilites! on clothes to help prepare for specific enemies, when changing the costume we already have the "spots" that describe the things that are on the clothes, I mean it's somehow strange that basically no one in a zombie apocalypse comes to the conclusion "Huh, maybe i should be wearing a heavy leather jacket, pants and gloves, maybe even something to cover my face, instead of thin skin-tight pants and T-Shirts, and since we already craft buggy parts without much of the proper tools, it wouldn't that much of a stretch.

(7. I don't know what we can actually see of the movements of the other players, some times I die even though the guy i am clawing right now isn't moving. may be a problem with my connection or I am right^^)

1. It is supposed to.

2. I kinda agree, it is unplayable if you're winning as the hunter since it drains you way too fast. I'm seeing the humans hunting me once again.

3. Balance.

4. UV light does not drain hp. More hp for the hunter would be cool, the human heals so fast with the new legend perk, when will we get a legend system for the hunter? :D

5. Maybe I don't understand but you want a hunter that doesn't appear on the minimap until he gets a kill? Play more as a survivor, you'll see it can be tough to track the hunter sometimes with its new speed.

6. Sounds cool, but the benefits would need to be disabled against the night hunter since it is already weak with the claw attacks & tackle.

7. Avoid claw attacks unless you're sure you can kill the human before he can kill you (3 hits, tackle+heavy weapon). But yeah, sounds like a connection issue.

@perkele

I play on Nightmare in SP, as it seems basically everyone plays chupacabra' Easy where that doesnt matter. I love the Nightmare mode since more often than not i am shitting my pants at night (5 Volatiles not even 20 meters around me^^).

1. How can it be supposed to be a sure death sentence just because you didn't hit? When you hit you're faster recovered, but that is chupacabra, how about simply make GP recovery faster like humans OR give humans a real knockdown and 2 seconds to get up so its the same for humans as it is for NH

2. UV range shouldn't determine if you're winning or not, win or loss should be determined by teamwork and i'm not talking about the teamwork where 1 is stalking the Hunter with his Mile-UV-Light-range and the other/s is/are destroying the Nest, it should be that a Hunter has more than a chance to beat humans, since EVERYONE fears them, without exception. Just Kyle Crane seems to be impervious to anything this so called Apocalypse throws at him while basically everyone around him dies.

3. What Balance? Where is the Balance in this, if the time and the way the spits work is this, how are they useful in any way if a Human can simply grapple out of the way until it stops working which takes just a couple seconds? Tactics as a mindless husk of a human body? Thats chupacabra. Tactics AGAINST a mindless husk of a human body? That's brilliant and necessary.

4. I didn't say drain, but it lowers them by an amount. Otherwise when having been lit up for some time and being "vulnerable" let's say, the screen wouldn't turn red.

5. Yes exactly BUT it is the SECOND one in the match that can ONLY appear when having a 4v1 match.

6. Which is why the NH should be a feared creature so the equipment and armor are actually making sense, since my second playthrough I don't have Invasions enabled anymore because it was lame with a maxed out character (preFollowing) and it still seems to be the same, when playing as NH.

7. Which is chupacabra since claw and tackle is the only way of direct attack we got, we have no bite, no "grapple" (like when a dog bites down and doesn't let go). Even if a human wouldn't have a weapon he would have more attack options than an NH (not counting spit since its not direct attack).

@perkele

I play on Nightmare in SP, as it seems basically everyone plays chupacabra' Easy where that doesnt matter. I love the Nightmare mode since more often than not i am shitting my pants at night (5 Volatiles not even 20 meters around me^^).

1. How can it be supposed to be a sure death sentence just because you didn't hit? When you hit you're faster recovered, but that is chupacabra, how about simply make GP recovery faster like humans OR give humans a real knockdown and 2 seconds to get up so its the same for humans as it is for NH

2. UV range shouldn't determine if you're winning or not, win or loss should be determined by teamwork and i'm not talking about the teamwork where 1 is stalking the Hunter with his Mile-UV-Light-range and the other/s is/are destroying the Nest, it should be that a Hunter has more than a chance to beat humans, since EVERYONE fears them, without exception. Just Kyle Crane seems to be impervious to anything this so called Apocalypse throws at him while basically everyone around him dies.

3. What Balance? Where is the Balance in this, if the time and the way the spits work is this, how are they useful in any way if a Human can simply grapple out of the way until it stops working which takes just a couple seconds? Tactics as a mindless husk of a human body? Thats chupacabra. Tactics AGAINST a mindless husk of a human body? That's brilliant and necessary.

4. I didn't say drain, but it lowers them by an amount. Otherwise when having been lit up for some time and being "vulnerable" let's say, the screen wouldn't turn red.

5. Yes exactly BUT it is the SECOND one in the match that can ONLY appear when having a 4v1 match.

6. Which is why the NH should be a feared creature so the equipment and armor are actually making sense, since my second playthrough I don't have Invasions enabled anymore because it was lame with a maxed out character (preFollowing) and it still seems to be the same, when playing as NH.

7. Which is chupacabra since claw and tackle is the only way of direct attack we got, we have no bite, no "grapple" (like when a dog bites down and doesn't let go). Even if a human wouldn't have a weapon he would have more attack options than an NH (not counting spit since its not direct attack).

1. I believe it would encourage people to spam it which wouldn't be very fun for either party.

2. You have a good point, it is kinda easy to chase and lock the hunter in place. It's fine in 1v1 since you can dodge it by jumping around, 2 or more and they can just have someone beam you constantly, also I think the drain needs to be reduced while in animation or remove the animation locks completely.

3. Would it really be fun to destroy everyone without needing any kind of tactics? Maybe the hunter should have different cooldowns for sense/toxic spit or have a total of 4 if they share cooldowns, starting with 2, changing spit smash to 3?

4. I'm not sure what you mean by this, being out of stamina does nothing to the hunter's HP.

5. I think this might be too overpowered, like I said tracking the hunter can be tricky when it is moving fast, the off-radar hunter would for sure get some easy pounces.

6. Sounds like fun, nice idea.

7. You'd just get an axe in the back of your skull if you tried to "grapple" someone :D I'd happily give away pounce for some better offense/defense though.

1. Well if we had more viable fighting options that shouldnt be a problem, right now its spamming since there is nothing else

2. exactly creates the illusion that basically if brecken and the others simply went out in teams, should have been enough

3. No but right now we HAVE to have tactics and an insane amount of control of the hunter (experience playing it for real) which is mostly just not acquirable since its too frustrating. (IMO)

4. when the UV drains your energy, you cant jump as well, you cant tendril locomotive anymore, which basically means that once that happened youre mostly fucked.

5. Well if the Hunter is a Hunter then that should be expected, I mean Velociraptors hunted in Packs, why not this one too. and the Survivors sense is getting spammed i tell you and on the minimap you get the hunters EXACT location, not just "Hmmm, maybe from that direction, since i heard it howl" but rather, "There!", and easy punces?! not when there is a team of 4 out there, which is why i said there has to be a lower player limit for this to be applicable.

6. Well always thinking if you were in that situation, if youre in danger of getting bitten, you wear something thick to NOT get bitten^^ if youre expecting to have to get away quick, you wear light clothes and maybe something that protects the arms and legs seperately, like bracers and greaves^^

7.Well combine that with what we see in every horror flick, monster comes out and drags prey, why not us?! Dead Island had the possiblity with a controller where you were able to control which direction you hit, left-right, right-left, up-down, down-up and everything in between, something like that would be nice to have as the hunter, maybe even some kicks or something else, if you take away pounce you would have to take away the move from above by humans.

1. Failed gp is not always a death sentence, depend on the skill of the survivor and the skill of the hunter, Skilled hunter already spamming GP as of right now so if the recovery is lowered any more it will be unbalance. hint: Always use mid air GP since you can use your tendril to get near a human, cancel the gp if you think the distance is too far

2. UV range is more sense now especially as the hunter gain more speed, against 4 skilled hunter who group together i agree it's hard for the hunter to win but it's not impossible, hint try to seperate them by using spit/GP

3. That couple second is enough for a skilled hunter to pounce them or make a serious damage

4. No, UV never lower Hunter HP only his energy, if yours energy get emptied many times, that mean you need to start using uv block/uv heal. and not just for escaping but before the attack too

5. the problem is 4vs1 is not always against skilled survivor, and not always they group together, and a hunter that is undetected by survivor sense will make it unbalanced especially since you already have the survivor sense spit

6. that's a nice idea, but i disagree with hunter being lame, maybe all your matches is against lack of experience hunter, but against a skilled hunter you don't win much, especially in 1vs1, try fighting some hunter in this forum, there are many that are skilled here,a difference between experienced hunter or not, from my point of view is, if he run away during fight (keeping distance) or he keep pushing us by using his GP/Tackle/Spit. and the latter is trouble even if the survivor is skilled. maxed or not doesn't change it,

UV Block, GP + Tackle Combination is dangerous.

@perkele

When you still have energy left even under uv you can still jump/tendril, and if its empty do a GP or use UV block, or even UV heal as it will make your energy full again immediately while the survivor is screwed because his uv left only 25% or now empty

4. when the UV drains your energy, you cant jump as well, you cant tendril locomotive anymore, which basically means that once that happened youre mostly fucked.

Edited by Nova Scotia

1. Failed gp is not always a death sentence, depend on the skill of the survivor and the skill of the hunter, Skilled hunter already spamming GP as of right now so if the recovery is lowered any more it will be unbalance. hint: Always use mid air GP since you can use your tendril to get near a human, cancel the gp if you think the distance is too far

2. UV range is more sense now especially as the hunter gain more speed, against 4 skilled hunter who group together i agree it's hard for the hunter to win but it's not impossible, hint try to seperate them by using spit/GP

3. That couple second is enough for a skilled hunter to pounce them or make a serious damage

4. No, UV never lower Hunter HP only his energy, if yours energy get emptied many times, that mean you need to start using uv block/uv heal. and not just for escaping but before the attack too

5. the problem is 4vs1 is not always against skilled survivor, and not always they group together, and a hunter that is undetected by survivor sense will make it unbalanced especially since you already have the survivor sense spit

6. that's a nice idea, but i disagree with hunter being lame, maybe all your matches is against lack of experience hunter, but against a skilled hunter you don't win much, especially in 1vs1, try fighting some hunter in this forum, there are many that are skilled here,a difference between experienced hunter or not, from my point of view is, if he run away during fight (keeping distance) or he keep pushing us by using his GP/Tackle/Spit. and the latter is trouble even if the survivor is skilled. maxed or not doesn't change it,

UV Block, GP + Tackle Combination is dangerous.

When you still have energy left even under uv you can still jump/tendril, and if its empty do a GP or use UV block, or even UV heal as it will make your energy full again immediately while the survivor is screwed because his uv left only 25% or now empty

Everything you said is based on some serious NH skill. Now I used to have it, then I stopped playing Dying Light PvP cause I was pissed, and now I'm @ss again. 

But why is it the NH's have to do all this planning to do 1 thing, and all the humans got to do is learn how/when to hold L2(or LT) for UV light? I mean seriously. Humans don't even have to plan, for almost nothing. I just hate how we gotta try soo hard to beat even a 2v1, but they can barely try. The only times they try is in a 1v1 where they can't chase me away while another beats a nest up. Other than that, we're breakfast for them.

1. The thing is that spamming GP is the only way if we have more attack options you wouldn't since its not perfect. I tried it out, I like playing DL with a controller more than with keyboard and with KB its WAAAAAY easier, but Claw attack isn't doing much damage AND has no consequence and i mean something like attack cancel for Survivor and stagger, i mean have you ever been punched?! You don't just brush off kinetic energy and even someone like Kyle Crane isn't an exception to that. Canceling a GP is possible we all know that but the Dodge move of the Survivors is too much distance, almost unbeatable if a Survivor knows about its mechanics.

2. Well for that the Spit isn't really usable since the splash range isnt so high as to guarantee you enough free room to safely take out a Survivor and still get away safely, because you would need at least 50 feet to do that and even then you have an assful of problems since a Survivor will glue himself to your chupacabra and most likely kill you right after with a charged hit.

3. Well I haven't pounced someone during a grapple yet so i don't know if that is actually possible, but again the UV is working too far for that to work with someone who knows what to do in this situation.

4. UV Block is canceled immediately when you pounce so you can be blocked by the Survivor (THAT is Balance I can actually get behind^^) and UV Heal (I haven't gotten it yet) you need to skill for which you can only do when you know what you're doing and the way it is its very hard and takes very long since you're either too unskilled to effectively go against multiple Survivors OR you have to fight against one Survivor over and over and over again.

5. Well you could counter that by making the spit something else and the Survivor Sense just Area instead of exact location.

6. Well it is lame for someone who just starts to play Hunter and hasn't much experience using the Skills, because you don't know the mechanics of a move unless you have taken the skill and used it many times to actually make out the limits of it, for example since i can't win so easily against more than one survivor i almost never use UV Block since I don't see the benefit of it (YET). That may change if I can see the benefits down the line.

All your assumptions and arguments are based on the fact that the Hunter knows about the skills inside and outside and how are you going to get this knowledge if you can't get to them?!

Exactly what Racy said, Humans plan just one thing, "I gotta take the ULTIMATE WEAPON!!!! my UV Light and Flares"

1. Claw is always a last resort when the survivor health is low, to get their hp low you need to GP them, Tackle Them, and then use the claw, if the claw has bigger damage then the hunter could easily use his tendril to confuse the human and claw him one by one.
2. Make spit count by spitting only when they are stuck in the human

3. yes it's possible to pounce while human is using grapple, and uv won't work while grapple since the uv slot is used by the grapple

4. that's where you used it wrong,.. use uv block to GP them, and spit them, and tackle them, that combo is the most dangerous hunter could used since human will be hard to avoid spit after the hunter GP them or the spit will stuck to them, or GP them spit them and pounced them.

6. if you just starting as hunter then don't fight skilled survivor, same as new survivor will not fight against skilled hunter. gain more skill first or if you want to learn then fight them but expect to lose since you just starting out, and many survivor use uv while hunter in uv block that wasting his uv, so let them waste their uv, so you could pounce them easier

there are tons of new survivor who can't fight hunter yet, and same as there are many new hunter who just started. beside even as new hunter against skilled survivor. those will make mistake, and successful GP, spit, pounce can earn xp so you can still level up

1. The thing is that spamming GP is the only way if we have more attack options you wouldn't since its not perfect. I tried it out, I like playing DL with a controller more than with keyboard and with KB its WAAAAAY easier, but Claw attack isn't doing much damage AND has no consequence and i mean something like attack cancel for Survivor and stagger, i mean have you ever been punched?! You don't just brush off kinetic energy and even someone like Kyle Crane isn't an exception to that. Canceling a GP is possible we all know that but the Dodge move of the Survivors is too much distance, almost unbeatable if a Survivor knows about its mechanics.

2. Well for that the Spit isn't really usable since the splash range isnt so high as to guarantee you enough free room to safely take out a Survivor and still get away safely, because you would need at least 50 feet to do that and even then you have an assful of problems since a Survivor will glue himself to your chupacabra and most likely kill you right after with a charged hit.

3. Well I haven't pounced someone during a grapple yet so i don't know if that is actually possible, but again the UV is working too far for that to work with someone who knows what to do in this situation.

4. UV Block is canceled immediately when you pounce so you can be blocked by the Survivor (THAT is Balance I can actually get behind^^) and UV Heal (I haven't gotten it yet) you need to skill for which you can only do when you know what you're doing and the way it is its very hard and takes very long since you're either too unskilled to effectively go against multiple Survivors OR you have to fight against one Survivor over and over and over again.

5. Well you could counter that by making the spit something else and the Survivor Sense just Area instead of exact location.

6. Well it is lame for someone who just starts to play Hunter and hasn't much experience using the Skills, because you don't know the mechanics of a move unless you have taken the skill and used it many times to actually make out the limits of it, for example since i can't win so easily against more than one survivor i almost never use UV Block since I don't see the benefit of it (YET). That may change if I can see the benefits down the line.

All your assumptions and arguments are based on the fact that the Hunter knows about the skills inside and outside and how are you going to get this knowledge if you can't get to them?!

Exactly what Racy said, Humans plan just one thing, "I gotta take the ULTIMATE WEAPON!!!! my UV Light and Flares"

Playing as the hunter takes skill and strategy while playing as a human takes competence and one single mindset. Avoid hinter kill nest. No brain nessesary.

Hahaha they removed his post! Now myn is no longer relevant. Thanks!

Edited by nickmad92

Playing as the hunter takes skill and strategy while playing as a human takes competence and one single mindset. Avoid hinter kill nest. No brain nessesary.

Hahaha they removed his post! Now myn is no longer relevant. Thanks!

Lmao ikr. But there saying the survivor takes skill. Go read that one kids forum and the OP said "All night hunters need to stop crying and get gud".

GG

That bugs me dude. NH don't need to be good in order to destroy, like a survivor. They need to be almost godlike. I had a friend who was the number 1 halo player in south africa for a few years running. Used sniper mostly. He had the reaction speed and hand to eye coordination of a machine. To see how he played as the NH humbled me. It was inhuman..but even he couldn't help but get frustrated from humans getting unblockable actions and getting to hide and see exactly where we are so they may decide a plan to take you out while you deal with his friends. Sliced mid air, killed while in pounce, all these little issues coupled with the bigger ones such as humans being physically as strong as a hulking beast. Means techland either doesn't really care, are intentionally clipping our wings to use the hunter as fair sport or are just plain foolish. That's was his opinion anyways.

That bugs me dude. NH don't need to be good in order to destroy, like a survivor. They need to be almost godlike. I had a friend who was the number 1 halo player in south africa for a few years running. Used sniper mostly. He had the reaction speed and hand to eye coordination of a machine. To see how he played as the NH humbled me. It was inhuman..but even he couldn't help but get frustrated from humans getting unblockable actions and getting to hide and see exactly where we are so they may decide a plan to take you out while you deal with his friends. Sliced mid air, killed while in pounce, all these little issues coupled with the bigger ones such as humans being physically as strong as a hulking beast. Means techland either doesn't really care, are intentionally clipping our wings to use the hunter as fair sport or are just plain foolish. That's was his opinion anyways.

Well said. NH new nerfing system is trash.