RaceyStorm3124

Dying Light Pvp Needs A Serious Fix.

It's sad how PvP is useless (Which is why I stopped playing PvP), because the PvP has potential. But the so called "Night Hunter" it just a normal volatile with spits and grapples. In this, I'm going to go over all the problems with the PvP. Which I seriously hope will be patched within the next few months.(I'm on PS4) *Note, I am an expert NH. I'm good and all, but I seriously hate the way I HAVE to fight*

1. Survivor Sense

If us Night Hunters are supposed to "hunt" why does the Prey know out exact location at all times? I mean, it's understandable, but don't pin-point out EXACT location. At least show some arrows in the direction we're in. That's 1 fix. The other is adding an (At least) 10 second cool-down times in using it. That's another fix. A third is if you're not going to do neither of those things, then please at least give the night-hunters some kind of cloak (Like humans have). It's a bummer I can't get anyone off guard because of survivor sense. Give the night hunter players a sense they're actually the hunter with stealth options. If not gonna give the NH Cloak (Then a great ida would be) then make it so whenever the NH screeches to find the players, the players temporarily (for like 3 seconds) get an arrow, AN ARROW NOT EXACT SPOT, on the minimap to tel them where the screech came from, making it suspenseful for them and making us screech with caution.

2. UV Light and Energy

The UV light is extremely bananas. It's rage is like 400 ft. Us Night-hunters don't even have to be near the humans for them to just sit there and abuse the UV light when we're clearly 400 ft away. These should only be used in up-close situations only. Not something they could use from a far distance just because. Once, I couldn't do anything because while one person beat my nest the other guy (Only 2 people) beamed the light at me whether I was near or not. The player still does an immediate -35% to our HP even with a broken pipe regardless if we have full energy or not. The human also can use this in pounces, why would a human be scared of a pounce if he could look at us while holding L2?

3. Cool-Downs and loading screens

Human cool-downs are at most 5 seconds long. Us night hunter have a full 3 minutes(At least). If we use a spit and whether we hit or miss regardless, we're screwed, the player has a shield that stops spits even when on them. When a night hunter die, it takes 30 seconds for us to spawn, an extra 30 seconds to cover the distance between us and our nest. That's a minute, a human could take down a nest in a minute. At least spawn us a bit closer and not the other side of the map?If us Night-hunters miss a GP it's like a 5 second penalty for us to recover, that's enough for a player to hit us twice with the weakest weapon in the game plus a GP = death for us. Not to mention those swings from humans are very fast, so if we miss a GP, they will kill us, might as well give us a death penalty for missing a GP. If a human misses a drop-kick it's instant recovery. Plus everything they have, their cool-downs are all decreased in INVASION (I think). PLEASE reduce the NH cooldowns. Because we will not have options. I'll get into that later.

4. Dodging

This and UV light has to be the two I hate most. We can't dodge their drop-kicks or air-takedowns but they can dodge our pounces and tackles? That's crazy. If two players tackle at the same time, the human wins automatically. Tackling a human is next to impossible, if humans are supposed to have a dodge window why is their dodge window in slow motion giving them a bit more than two seconds to jump? The only time we have an advantage is against someone who just got the game. Anyone with 4+ days of experience will kill us. 

5. We're not fear, we're fun

I was expecting when players see "INVASION" on their screens to say "Oh chupacabra!" not ignore it and say "Oh...I need to test this new move anyway". Sometimes when I play a game, I'M the one being chased! If there's 2 people in the game, they usually stare me down with UV lights, chasing me throughout the map. Spit -- they shield. I try to tackle, they jump while depleting my energy. I GP, they instant recover and still in UV lights reach -- plus if I miss that GP I'm dead anyway. Our energy lasts VERY short. We run out of energy fast. When we run out of energy, could we at least be able to jump high for a get-away and not walking helplessly? 

6.Agility

Ok, why is it when I want to leave a battle, the humans are catching up to be because of their grapple n uv light and because the NightHunter doesn't run all that much faster than a human? Plus, they have that UV light. If we try to run while they're grappling toward us with the UV light beamed. Why should we try? Our energy would be depleted in 2.5 seconds(And I'm being literal) and they're swinging that machete. 3 hits, we're done. It's crazy how this PvP has potential but you guys wanted to favor the humans so badly that the cons for a NH completely out-weighs pros!

7. No more options!

I know everyone has been to the point where all your moves are in cooldown, right? All of them take about a minute and a half, while the players are demolishing your nest because they shielded your spits and now you've got no options. The humans have like 5 flares around the nest, while 1 or 2 players kill the nest, another player watches and UV lights us away. (i can relate to this scenario) Then you go in for a tackle but they dodge then you gotta use that (I think particle skin thing where UV lights are temporarily useless to you?) particle skin thing and zip out. Lucky if a player doesn't already dropkick you by then and all of them jump you. Or, you try an air GP(Lucky if you even get one without the Watch-out human glaring you down with UV), you hit them but... now what? Now they're all fully recovered and have rifles and running at you with weapons with UV aimed at you. You grapple out and your cooldown still has 15 seconds to go and your nest is at 3%. Sometimes the only thing us night hunters can do is sit and wait. Nothing more.

8. Where is teamwork and suspense?

Where's the suspense? I was expecting a suspense and having people kind of actually USE teamwork. Yes, make the NH so powerful that when against 1 person, he's next to screwed, if you try to make it so 1 person could last with a night hunter, than imagine 4 people that are able to last with a night hunter, AGAINST a night hunter? It's bananas. When I first was against a NH He scared me terribly. There was suspense and all (That was before I got into the habit of using Survival sense). But after usuing survival sense it's just like "Hey! He's over here, let me beam that 400 ft UV light at him!". 

I'm an expert NH --

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dnmyf7jInuQ

I understand you wanting to give the humans a chance but come on, don't make them have so much of a chance it's impossible for us NH to take on two. Don't make the NH an annoying pest, make him a fear people are scared of. It's a shame people are more scared of Volatiles rather than the NH cause all they have to do is beam a light. (I feel like I'm leaving some stuff out, so I might update later)

Edited by RaceyStorm3124

It's sad how PvP is useless (Which is why I stopped playing PvP), because the PvP has potential. But the so called "Night Hunter" it just a normal volatile with spits and grapples. In this, I'm going to go over all the problems with the PvP. Which I seriously hope will be patched within the next few months.(I'm on PS4 btw)

1. Survivor Sense

If us Night Hunters are supposed to "hunt" why does the Prey know out exact location at all times? I mean, it's understandable, but don't pin-point out EXACT location. At least show some arrows in the direction we're in. That's 1 fix. The other is adding an (At least) 10 second cool-down times in using it. That's another fix. A third is if you're not going to do neither of those things, then please at least give the night-hunters some kind of cloak (Like humans have). It's a bummer I can't get anyone off guard because of survivor sense. Give the night hunter players a sense they're actually the hunter with stealth options.

2. UV Light and Energy

The UV light is extremely bananas. It's rage is like 400 ft. Us Night-hunters don't even have to be near the humans for them to just sit there and abuse the UV light when we're clearly 400 ft away. These should only be used in up-close situations only. Not something they could use from a far distance just because. Once, I couldn't do anything because while one person beat my nest the other guy (Only 2 people) beamed the light at me whether I was near or not. The player still does an immediate -35% to our HP even with a broken pipe regardless if we have full energy or not. The human also can use this in pounces, why would a human be scared of a pounce if he could look at us while holding L2?

3. Cool-Downs and loading screens

Human cool-downs are at most 5 seconds long. Us night hunter have a full 3 minutes(At least). If we use a spit and whether we hit or miss regardless, we're screwed, the player has a shield that stops spits even when on them. When a night hunter die, it takes 30 seconds for us to spawn, an extra 30 seconds to cover the distance between us and our nest. That's a minute, a human could take down a nest in a minute. At least spawn us a bit closer and not the other side of the map?If us Night-hunters miss a GP it's like a 5 second penalty for us to recover, that's enough for a player to hit us twice with the weakest weapon in the game plus a GP = death for us. Not to mention those swings from humans are very fast, so if we miss a GP, they will kill us, might as well give us a death penalty for missing a GP. If a human misses a drop-kick it's instant recovery. Plus everything they have, their cool-downs are all decreased in INVASION (I think). PLEASE reduce the NH cooldowns. Because we will not have options. I'll get into that later.

4. Dodging

This and UV light has to be the two I hate most. We can't dodge their drop-kicks or air-takedowns but they can dodge our pounces and tackles? That's crazy. If two players tackle at the same time, the human wins automatically. Tackling a human is next to impossible, if humans are supposed to have a dodge window why is their dodge window in slow motion giving them a bit more than two seconds to jump? The only time we have an advantage is against someone who just got the game. Anyone with 4+ days of experience will kill us.

5. We're not fear, we're fun

I was expecting when players see "INVASION" on their screens to say "Oh chupacabra!" not ignore it and say "Oh...I need to test this new move anyway". Sometimes when I play a game, I'M the one being chased! If there's 2 people in the game, they usually stare me down with UV lights, chasing me throughout the map. Spit -- they shield. I try to tackle, they jump while depleting my energy. I GP, they instant recover and still in UV lights reach -- plus if I miss that GP I'm dead anyway. Our energy lasts VERY short. We run out of energy fast. When we run out of energy, could we at least be able to jump high for a get-away and not walking helplessly?

6.Agility

Ok, why is it when I want to leave a battle, the humans are catching up to be because of their grapple n uv light and because the NightHunter doesn't run all that much faster than a human? Plus, they have that UV light. If we try to run while they're grappling toward us with the UV light beamed. Why should we try? Our energy would be depleted in 2.5 seconds(And I'm being literal) and they're swinging that machete. 3 hits, we're done. It's crazy how this PvP has potential but you guys wanted to favor the humans so badly that the cons for a NH completely out-weighs pros!

7. No more options!

I know everyone has been to the point where all your moves are in cooldown, right? All of them take about a minute and a half, while the players are demolishing your nest because they shielded your spits and now you've got no options. The humans have like 5 flares around the nest, while 1 or 2 players kill the nest, another player watches and UV lights us away. (i can relate to this scenario) Then you go in for a tackle but they dodge then you gotta use that (I think particle skin thing where UV lights are temporarily useless to you?) particle skin thing and zip out. Lucky if a player doesn't already dropkick you by then and all of them jump you. Or, you try an air GP(Lucky if you even get one without the Watch-out human glaring you down with UV), you hit them but... now what? Now they're all fully recovered and have rifles and running at you with weapons with UV aimed at you. You grapple out and your cooldown still has 15 seconds to go and your nest is at 3%. Sometimes the only thing us night hunters can do is sit and wait. Nothing more.

8. Where is teamwork and suspense?

Where's the suspense? I was expecting a suspense and having people kind of actually USE teamwork. Yes, make the NH so powerful that when against 1 person, he's next to screwed, if you try to make it so 1 person could last with a night hunter, than imagine 4 people that are able to last with a night hunter, AGAINST a night hunter? It's bananas. When I first was against a NH He scared me terribly. There was suspense and all (That was before I got into the habit of using Survival sense). But after usuing survival sense it's just like "Hey! He's over here, let me beam that 400 ft UV light at him!".

I understand you wanting to give the humans a chance but come on, don't make them have so much of a chance it's impossible for us NH to take on two. Don't make the NH an annoying pest, make him a fear people are scared of. It's a shame people are more scared of Volatiles rather than the NH cause all they have to do is beam a light. (I feel like I'm leaving some stuff out, so I might update later)

Ye Bro see my I intricate response under the BTZ bugs section on the second to last page. I sent Pete a few ideas and exploits. Your ideas/complaints are similar to mine.

Devs should shorten spit cooldown, it takes an ETERNITY specially against 1 player who has a entire arsenal of melee, guns and flares, "awwww you missed your shot? he was only 5 miles away, dont worry you will get another in 3 mins ;D", and NHs should be tougher for each player added in the game, 3 hits death vs 1 players understandable, same 3 hits death vs 4 players?! what a f** BS.

Devs should shorten spit cooldown, it takes an ETERNITY specially against 1 player who has a entire arsenal of melee, guns and flares, "awwww you missed your shot? he was only 5 miles away, dont worry you will get another in 3 mins ;D", and NHs should be tougher for each player added in the game, 3 hits death vs 1 players understandable, same 3 hits death vs 4 players?! what a f** BS.

+1

The painfully long cooldown for the spits and shields are some of my biggest grievances.  

Edited by A. Ryan

I'm at the other end of this... Playing seems fairly balanced, but going from newb zombie to 3rd mutate holds zero increase in:

1. Hitpoints - I still take 3 hits or less

2. No increase to speed - if someone is good with dodge and dropkick, they can own me every single time

3. 4k damage weapons equate to a one-shot kill on me

4. Did I mention there's no way to deal with dodge+dropkick?

5. The human being able to vault every single tackle attack is crazy, I mean literally zero downtime to vault means they can counter tackle every single time (I've seen 1 guy do this, it was stupid)

There's probably other things I'm missing, but I thought zombie was overpowered until I started facing people who knew all the moves and had 4k damage weapons.

Then I came across the people using speed hacks.

The player zombie is easier to kill than trash mob zombies.

It's getting a serious fix on Feb. 9th ;)

Hey Pete is there anyway you can view my full game footage/clips on xbox one and maybe post them here for other night hunters? Just to show them how extremely agile a NH can be.

HertZ IV

The long cooldowns in 1v1 are necessary.  A skilled Hunter can easily overwhelm a single Survivor with a full stock of spits/uv block.  Look for ways to be more accurate with your spits! After a groundpound is always a good time for one.  Try practicing this!  

In 'The Following' patch the Hunter will get some added help with skill regens if you are falling behind in a match though!

Kungpaoshizi

Nothing 1 hit kills the Hunter except throwing a 2handed heavy weapon... which is extremely slow and easy for the Hunter to avoid.  Try it out for yourself!  Groundpound also beats dropkick if they both hit at the same time. If you are getting hit by a dropkick that means they did it first.   ;)

The long cooldowns in 1v1 are necessary.  A skilled Hunter can easily overwhelm a single Survivor with a full stock of spits/uv block.  Look for ways to be more accurate with your spits! After a groundpound is always a good time for one.  Try practicing this!  

In 'The Following' patch the Hunter will get some added help with skill regens if you are falling behind in a match though!

Kungpaoshizi

Nothing 1 hit kills the Hunter except throwing a 2handed heavy weapon... which is extremely slow and easy for the Hunter to avoid.  Try it out for yourself!  Groundpound also beats dropkick if they both hit at the same time. If you are getting hit by a dropkick that means they did it first.   ;)

Are you kidding me? Have you ever played against an SKILLED survivor? Even after successfully ground pounded someone there is a cooldown of 40-50 seconds against 2 survivors to recover a spit, and 2 WHOLE MINUTES  to recharge against 1 survivor who flare spawn and there's no way he runs out of UV light, also knows where you are and their UV light hitbox its far and wide even if you are not in the purple zone showing in the radar,also ground pounds aren't over dropkick Im just writing this while Im playing to test that myth and they just not have priority before the kick or during the kick, also I had to level THREE TIMES to get a skill was that intentional or a bug? if it was WHY? and why do Hunters lose every skill earned every time they evolve if there is not going to be an stat increase, where is the defense, the agility, claws damage? humans will fight UNARMED in the following. OHH WELL but I will get SOME regenerations skill buff BUT I have to be loosing in the match.

And yes you can be killed with 1 charged hit.

Edited by FaustoFimbres

Kungpaoshizi

Are you kidding me? Have you ever played against an SKILLED survivor? Even after successfully ground pounded someone there is a cooldown of 40-50 seconds against 2 survivors to recover a spit, and 2 WHOLE MINUTES  to recharge against 1 survivor who flare spawn and there's no way he runs out of UV light, also knows where you are and their UV light hitbox its far and wide even if you are not in the purple zone showing in the radar,also ground pounds aren't over dropkick Im just writing this while Im playing to test that myth and they just not have priority before the kick or during the kick, also I had to level THREE TIMES to get a skill was that intentional or a bug? if it was WHY? and why do Hunters lose every skill earned every time they evolve if there is not going to be an stat increase, where is the defense, the agility, claws damage? humans will fight UNARMED in the following. OHH WELL but I will get SOME regenerations skill buff BUT I have to be loosing in the match.

And yes you can be killed with 1 charged hit.

Ok I saw your videos nm what I said you are a beast.

Edited by FaustoFimbres

The long cooldowns in 1v1 are necessary. A skilled Hunter can easily overwhelm a single Survivor with a full stock of spits/uv block. Look for ways to be more accurate with your spits! After a groundpound is always a good time for one. Try practicing this!

@ Kungpaoshizi

Nothing 1 hit kills the Hunter except throwing a 2handed heavy weapon... which is extremely slow and easy for the Hunter to avoid. Try it out for yourself! Groundpound also beats dropkick if they both hit at the same time. If you are getting hit by a dropkick that means they did it first. ;)

Thought I throw this in there unless it's already being incorporated in the next DLC release. Wouldn't it make sense when a hunter is invading to not show his rank until the game starts? This will make it impossible for survivors to be selective with their ranks. They will have no choice but to fight regardless of ranks because if they quit they will be possibly deranked.

It will already be a 0% chance of winning come next update if they do not destroy the first nest or interact with the NH. Why is a NH rank displayed but there's isn't? Why not eliminate it until right when the game starts to eliminate the chance of an abort. Survivors rank themselves up off of biters, walkers, runners, etc instead of actually earning their way up the ladder. It makes more sense.

As soon as the game starts it displays the rank of the NH for about 3 seconds. Upon joining and pausing the game to view stats it only shows a red bar and the level is a "question mark?"

Unless the new tier ranking system will even this out but I'm curious to how this will work.

And finally, will matchmaking be including in the following?

Edited by Hertz

Pete,

I fundamentally disagree with the belief that long cooldowns are necessary in 1V1. This is because MOST Survivors who play BTZ know what they are doing and are usually high-ranking knowing all the tricks. Therefore, you cannot expect to go against a high-ranking Human and get good results. Going against a high-ranking Human in 1V1 will deplete your spits and shields in no time flat! A skilled Hunter can only easily overwhelm a Survivor for whom is low-ranking and absolutely as no idea on how to play BTZ.

For example:

You go against a high-ranking Human in 1V1. You use ALL of your spits and shields in order to get the win because this player is that good. Now the Hunter has to wait a full two minutes for his spits and shields to regen all the while the Human has respawned and is making their way to your nests. Therefore, the Hunter has two choices:

1. Wait two minutes for his spits and shields to regen in order to take the offense (all the while the nests are being destroyed)

OR

2. Go on a quasi-suicidal mission and engage the Human in one-on-one melee combat with GPs and tackles because you don't have any spits and shields (all the while being hit by the extreme range of the UV flashlight and / or UV flairs and thus depleting your stamina)

As you can see, either option is no good. If the Hunter chooses option one, then the Human kills the nest and the match is one step closer to being over. If the Hunter chooses option two, then they have a 50/50 shot of winning and can only hope that lady luck is on their side. As I said before, the regen speeds for spits and shields is shocking for 1V1! I'll be looking forward to seeing the results of the new regen speeds when the patch is launched.

Pete,

I fundamentally disagree with the belief that long cooldowns are necessary in 1V1. This is because MOST Survivors who play BTZ know what they are doing and are usually high-ranking knowing all the tricks. Therefore, you cannot expect to go against a high-ranking Human and get good results. Going against a high-ranking Human in 1V1 will deplete your spits and shields in no time flat! A skilled Hunter can only easily overwhelm a Survivor for whom is low-ranking and absolutely as no idea on how to play BTZ.

For example:

You go against a high-ranking Human in 1V1. You use ALL of your spits and shields in order to get the win because this player is that good. Now the Hunter has to wait a full two minutes for his spits and shields to regen all the while the Human has respawned and is making their way to your nests. Therefore, the Hunter has two choices:

1. Wait two minutes for his spits and shields to regen in order to take the offense (all the while the nests are being destroyed)

OR

2. Go on a quasi-suicidal mission and engage the Human in one-on-one melee combat with GPs and tackles because you don't have any spits and shields (all the while being hit by the extreme range of the UV flashlight and / or UV flairs and thus depleting your stamina)

As you can see, either option is no good. If the Hunter chooses option one, then the Human kills the nest and the match is one step closer to being over. If the Hunter chooses option two, then they have a 50/50 shot of winning and can only hope that lady luck is on their side. As I said before, the regen speeds for spits and shields is shocking for 1V1! I'll be looking forward to seeing the results of the new regen speeds when the patch is launched.

It's definitely not 50/50,and if your missing spits that's your problem. Stop attacking survivors in open nest and stop spamming gp of there in the open. I fight US all the time and they only get a few nest possibly if I'm in old Town.

Know your strongest map. Watch humans especially when there is 2+.I personally don't play many 1v1 unless requested because there boring. 1 human is so easy to predict than 4 US. Watch me stream on twitch...

HertZ5533

I do a lot of off the wall stuff on console many don't even think about. Like I say the problem with most hunters is the fact that they upgraded there "GP KNOCKBACK" so when they gp it pushes the survivors well out if range of an easy spit follow up. My gp is not upgraded on my 2nd apex which is why I made 2 because I saw this as a major advantage.

Many apex predators I've played with who actually can land there spits have little problem in 1v1. Me I'm a 2+ guy because "DECEPTION" is your main weapon. Not GP not POUNCE, but deception. Most of these hunters on the forums especially in the video section are so typical and predictable it's hilarious.

I have little problem in 1v1 and I see no gain /incentives in them which is why I don't don't do them anymore unless requested. What am I gaining? Bragging rights?

People. Need to start doing more off the wall sh*t is what I'm saying.

It's definitely not 50/50,and if your missing spits that's your problem. Stop attacking survivors in open nest and stop spamming gp of there in the open. I fight US all the time and they only get a few nest possibly if I'm in old Town.

Know your strongest map. Watch humans especially when there is 2+.I personally don't play many 1v1 unless requested because there boring. 1 human is so easy to predict than 4 US. Watch me stream on twitch...

HertZ5533

I do a lot of off the wall stuff on console many don't even think about. Like I say the problem with most hunters is the fact that they upgraded there "GP KNOCKBACK" so when they gp it pushes the survivors well out if range of an easy spit follow up. My gp is not upgraded on my 2nd apex which is why I made 2 because I saw this as a major advantage.

Many apex predators I've played with who actually can land there spits have little problem in 1v1. Me I'm a 2+ guy because "DECEPTION" is your main weapon. Not GP not POUNCE, but deception. Most of these hunters on the forums especially in the video section are so typical and predictable it's hilarious.

I have little problem in 1v1 and I see no gain /incentives in them which is why I don't don't do them anymore unless requested. What am I gaining? Bragging rights?

People. Need to start doing more off the wall sh*t is what I'm saying.

Totally agree with this, most hunters i face just go for the basic night hunter tactics or keep doing the same thing over and over in a game. Which makes all the hunters so easy and predictable. There is only a very small group of hunters that play totaly unpredictable and out of the box me as well so i can beat almost anyone. The only problem is survivors who think different too because in the end the humans still have the better tools at their disposal and a very skilled human (especially more of them) will give even the best hunter no chance and i know this from experience.

I think this is the biggest problem in pvp. Not that it is unbalanced but because the human has less restrictions and his attacks are harder to dodge sometimes even undodgable.

I dont think humans should be nerfed but give the hunters more potential because right now the hunter is too depending on his spits. And because all the attacks of hunters are in animation with a big group there is just no chance to survive a missed animation.

Totally agree with this, most hunters i face just go for the basic night hunter tactics or keep doing the same thing over and over in a game. Which makes all the hunters so easy and predictable. There is only a very small group of hunters that play totaly unpredictable and out of the box me as well so i can beat almost anyone. The only problem is survivors who think different too because in the end the humans still have the better tools at their disposal and a very skilled human (especially more of them) will give even the best hunter no chance and i know this from experience.

I think this is the biggest problem in pvp. Not that it is unbalanced but because the human has less restrictions and his attacks are harder to dodge sometimes even undodgable.

I dont think humans should be nerfed but give the hunters more potential because right now the hunter is too depending on his spits. And because all the attacks of hunters are in animation with a big group there is just no chance to survive a missed animation.

To add to this:

Let's break this down to fundamentals. Take an Apex Predator and an Ultimate Survivor with hundreds of hours of experience playing BtZ. Reset them both to their base levels with the starter skills each has (in this case the skills Crane has available to him as soon as the player unlocks online). Put them both in a match and I guarantee the survivor will win every time. No amount of strategy or trickery will allow the hunter to win. Why? Because Crane has everything he needs, the night hunter does not.

Let's break it down even further and consider how each confrontation would go. The hunter has no spits, only a stationary ground pound, no tackle, and no UV block. These are essential skills for getting in and without them it's extremely difficult to get past Cranes UV light and dodge mechanics. So how I imagine this would go is the night hunter would close in, the survivor gets the sound cues and starts using survivor sense to scan the area. He identifies the hunters location and keeps eyes on him while moving to the nest. If the hunter makes any moves the survivor will deter him with the UV light and continue on his way. The only way for the hunter to make a comeback is to throw out enough failed pounces (5 I think) to level up once for a horde spit. But since the hunter needs 100% energy for a pounce an experienced survivor in this situation would never allow the night hunter to get anywhere near him with full energy. The game depends on inexperienced survivor players making bad decisions in order for the hunter to gain his full potential. I feel like in order to fix most of the problems in this mode you'd need to first start off by balancing this situation. Starting off a hunter stands no chance against the survivor if both are competent and aware of the game mechanics.  

Edited by jcks

To add to this:

Let's break this down to fundamentals. Take an Apex Predator and an Ultimate Survivor with hundreds of hours of experience playing BtZ. Reset them both to their base levels with the starter skills each has (in this case the skills Crane has available to him as soon as the player unlocks online). Put them both in a match and I guarantee the survivor will win every time. No amount of strategy or trickery will allow the hunter to win. Why? Because Crane has everything he needs, the night hunter does not.

Let's break it down even further and consider how each confrontation would go. The hunter has no spits, only a stationary ground pound, no tackle, and no UV block. These are essential skills for getting in and without them it's extremely difficult to get past Cranes UV light and dodge mechanics. So how I imagine this would go is the night hunter would close in, the survivor gets the sound cues and starts using survivor sense to scan the area. He identifies the hunters location and keeps eyes on him while moving to the nest. If the hunter makes any moves the survivor will deter him with the UV light and continue on his way. The only way for the hunter to make a comeback is to throw out enough failed pounces (5 I think) to level up once for a horde spit. But since the hunter needs 100% energy for a pounce an experienced survivor in this situation would never allow the night hunter to get anywhere near him with full energy. The game depends on inexperienced survivor players making bad decisions in order for the hunter to gain his full potential. I feel like in order to fix most of the problems in this mode you'd need to first start off by balancing this situation. Starting off a hunter stands no chance against the survivor if both are competent and aware of the game mechanics.

Yes I also said this in a different thread. I don't care how you look at it. 4v1 in any game, the person who is the one is extremely underpowered. The only way to fix this is to buff that one to the point they are almost un-killable in a 1v1bto force people to use teamwork.

I just previously played a match against 3 ultimate survivors. Absolutely no chance even as skilled and quick as I am, (many have seen) the UV light range, the time it takes for the horde to back me up, limited/locked arsenal, etc make it virtually impossible to win a match.

Like I said, the hunter is to predictable even if you mix it up, 4 spits that have to connect, a tackle that gets dodged 70% of the time, pounce which is easily 180, gp which glitches, on the other hand with Crane...

Duped items, medkits, bow, dropkick(which slows game down, 3rd party damage), tackle which hits so fast it's virtually a OHK, DFA=DEATH FROM ABOVE which can't be countered, throwing weapons... Etc

The point is 1 guy against 4 extremely unpredictable "super men" and one skill locked basterd. No point of even trying. With this next update if BTZ doesn't get patched then there's no point of "being the zombie."

Yes I also said this in a different thread. I don't care how you look at it. 4v1 in any game, the person who is the one is extremely underpowered. The only way to fix this is to buff that one to the point they are almost un-killable in a 1v1bto force people to use teamwork.

I just previously played a match against 3 ultimate survivors. Absolutely no chance even as skilled and quick as I am, (many have seen) the UV light range, the time it takes for the horde to back me up, limited/locked arsenal, etc make it virtually impossible to win a match.

Like I said, the hunter is to predictable even if you mix it up, 4 spits that have to connect, a tackle that gets dodged 70% of the time, pounce which is easily 180, gp which glitches, on the other hand with Crane...

Duped items, medkits, bow, dropkick(which slows game down, 3rd party damage), tackle which hits so fast it's virtually a OHK, DFA=DEATH FROM ABOVE which can't be countered, throwing weapons... Etc

The point is 1 guy against 4 extremely unpredictable "super men" and one skill locked basterd. No point of even trying. With this next update if BTZ doesn't get patched then there's no point of "being the zombie."

Couldn't have said it any better

If 4 ultimate survivors start sticking together real good there is just no way and your one way to split them apart is horde spit but this is easily countered by cloakpotions or moving to a roof (and dont think you can just gp them off a skilled survivor just throws his heavy weapon) this makes it just impossible for the hunter whatever you may try as it is always overwhelmed by 4 players

Yes, earlier I watched Hertz easily handle lesser players. Many quit mid-match.  Then FolksyTarsier and a couple of others easily handed Hertz his behind.  At that level play the NH quickly runs out of options while the human still has bags full.  Oh, never once did I see a shield exploit used.  Cloak potions completely negates a horde spit unless you're unlucky enough to be near one at timeout. 

Hertz, that would be a good video to post.

Yes, earlier I watched Hertz easily handle lesser players. Many quit mid-match. Then FolksyTarsier and a couple of others easily handed Hertz his behind. At that level play the NH quickly runs out of options while the human still has bags full. Oh, never once did I see a shield exploit used. Cloak potions completely negates a horde spit unless you're unlucky enough to be near one at timeout.

Hertz, that would be a good video to post.

Cloak potions are easily countered with a claw. I don't know how to post the video I would love to.

It would be great if a Dec could watch the stream of us in xb1. We pretty much know all the elites on both sides.

Cloak potions are easily countered with a claw. I don't know how to post the video I would love to.

It would be great if a Dec could watch the stream of us in xb1. We pretty much know all the elites on both sides.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean here. What is clawing doing to counter it other than causing damage? Does it negate the camouflage effect?

Hertz is right, a melee attack from the Hunter negates their cloak.   ;)

Oh wow never knew that. That makes cloak potions sort of a non-issue now. You still have to catch up to the survivor and claw them but this is akin to ground pound extinguishing flares.

Oh wow never knew that. That makes cloak potions sort of a non-issue now. You still have to catch up to the survivor and claw them but this is akin to ground pound extinguishing flares.

JC, are you on console? If not check out my twitch, we can show you tactics for the NH and survivor. Folksy is a monster as a survivor. I know a few NH tricks that will make you almost impossible to beat 1v1 or 2v1.

As far as cloak potions, ultimate survivors use them frequently against me, as soon as they do I claw them. The ideology here is the hunter puts his scent back on the human or brushes the camo off so guess what? Bombers incoming.

If your a hunter you have to learn to put pressure on people. ALOT. Never attack in open spaces. It's suicide. Don't blitz unless you think it through. Jump frequent and fake GPS . it makes them. Panic spamming Dodge back into a wall. Easy GP with a spit follow up and if they use shields, easy tackle/pounce/GP.

With those tactics in 1v1 2v1 your a god zombie. 3v1 4v1 still needs serious work. Hunter is to UP. I really hope the devs look at those matches carefully.

New mutation? For apex predators?

Specific skins, colors, acid skin, lava skin, poison skin? Come on techland this game has great potential.