Petersen

How Is The Hunter Meant To Win?

Survivors spam Q and know where I am.

Even if I manage to get the drop on them and pounce, they turn and UV light in my face break my pounce.

If I manage to hit them with the abysmally short-ranged UV-blocker spit, they just throw flares until it wears off.

If I jump in an Ground Slam the flare, they immediately place another before I can pounce.

And this is all 1v1.

I know I'm not very good.  I literally just started today, but so far it seems fantastically stupid to me that the stealth character can't actually stealth at all (but for some reason the survivors can?  /logic), and when I'm mid-pounce the person I'm pouncing just has to spin his mouse and stop me in mid flight.

Well this is how u gonna win as the hunter (It's a secret):

1. Get really good with it - u will start tearing survivors apart including the good one but still, u'll need the second part to win the game

2. LUCK! (obviously)

but hey if u are a good hunter ppl will recognize ya and compliment your skills (even though u hardly win against them LOL).

Now tell me what else do u want? win all your games? that's another secret!  :rolleyes:

Edited by EnlightenMe

I don't want to win all my games. That's boring. I do want Survivors to have to look around, listen, and generally pay attention to defeat my stealth rather than just mashing Q every quarter second and flare-spamming.

I want the stealth game play of being a hunter. I can't have that when stealth doesn't exist. =-\

Secret to winning all games? experienced team of 4 humans.

Name is missleading, don't think of yourself like a hunter... but more like rabid dog that's being hunted.

Edited by Cypeq

Secret to winning all games? experienced team of 4 humans.

Name is missleading, don't think of yourself like a hunter... but more like rabid dog that's being hunted.

Yeah it's BS actually, was trying to pacify myself :(  It's hard to almost impossible to win against 4 experienced survivors. That's what the luck is for. 

i lol'd at the hunted rabid dog... really, rabid dog... that's what u feel like huh?.. come on, show some love to the poor weakling will ya! 

Edited by EnlightenMe

I'm with you I've been trying always seems like they are one step ahead seems like my energy drains fast,I can get maby a tackle and spit or a ground pound and spit and other then that I'm retreating all the time.even the 1v1 is sometimes hard 3 and 4 is nearly impossible unless they are all the early levels and even then can be a handful Normally I play as the human after having to get ultimate twice I figured I would get the zombie rank up I try to think of players I've went up against before and try to use these tactics and they really don't work out too well maby they need to have the bots be a little more active to make it more realistic

Yeah it's BS actually, was trying to pacify myself :( It's hard to almost impossible to win against 4 experienced survivors. That's what the luck is for.

i lol'd at the hunted rabid dog... really, rabid dog... that's what u feel like huh?.. come on, show some love to the poor weakling will ya!

Yeah it's BS actually, was trying to pacify myself :( It's hard to almost impossible to win against 4 experienced survivors. That's what the luck is for.

I don't know what you play on but on xb1 we have like 5 guys that are impossible to beat as the night hunter completely wipe out a 4 man team within minutes It's always 1v4 and the whole game lasts maby 6-7 minutes if you 1v1 you will lose a game in about 4 1/2 minutes No joke

A while back one of the developers commented that most of the matches are won by the NH.  I wonder if that still holds true.  I haven't won more than a couple of matches in the last few weeks.

I'm curious if they have any better stats.  Like... fresh NH against skilled-up humans?  Vs. Humans who don't know or don't have/use flares and Survivor sense?  I've won quite a few games very handily against people who obviously didn't know about survivor sense, and who didn't just whip around an UV my face off when I was mid-pounce.

I just don't see how a NH wins against humans with a modicum of clue (at least on PC, have not played on console and have no desire to. The idea of dual-sticking this game seems pretty un-fun to me).

...I don't know what you play on but on xb1 we have like 5 guys that are impossible to beat as the night hunter completely wipe out a 4 man team within minutes It's always 1v4 and the whole game lasts maby 6-7 minutes if you 1v1 you will lose a game in about 4 1/2 minutes No joke

Seriously, they (NH) are impossible to beat? even a team of 4 elite survivors? Hmmm... and i used to wonder how good XB1 survivors are.. JK  :P

If u can, try to get their gameplays, playing against an elite team and post the link. I could learn something from them! 

As a hunter I made certain rules to follow to give good fight:

1.-Always be on higher grounds, survivors will wonder which way to look, the path they are going or  where you are.

2.-Against multiple foes, find the weakest link, its rare to see 3 survivors with the same skills, there will be some one not worring at all where you are, some one who is bad at dodging, someone who is always climbing, AFK players.

3.-If you fail your tackle get  the hell out of there.

4.-keep constant movement nor constant speed, move around your enemy in circles change directions and speed when you are about to kill.

5.-You know when your UV spit its going to explote they don't move when is about to land, attack exactly when explodes.

Those rules have worked for me most of the time, i hope you find them helpful.