To be honest, if I request it, it's because I find unfair that survivors can do damage with a grappling hook while this is not the purpose of the object.
If this is not the same added for the NH, I would be satisfied if the grappling hook doesn't do damage.

Ps: i'm sorry for the traduction, i use google trad' 

The hook damage is 1/5th (at least it will be post patch).  It's best attack use is to interrupt Hunters trying to tackle after a rooftop Groundpound.  The Hunters tendrils won't do any damage though.  We tried something like that early on but it was confusing and not really fun gameplay for either side.

It takes you out of sprint for a moment...just long enough to take away your tackle prompt.  It has to hit you at just the right moment.  Not something that will always work...especially with the new input method.  If you are already in tackle you will hit him still (unless it kills you)

Ok I understand, I suspected that this should not be fun. It's just that right now I find BTZ particularly frustrating. Between glitches and out of bound. I have an extreme fear before each game.

Another thing, the upgraded Ground-pound is, for many players, a problem. It's a shame to say that improving this capacity is considered so. I don't think this is normal and we shouldn't keep it that way.

There will be change for the GP upgraded or not at all ?

They can't avoid the tackle? Um, I didn't know. Since I saw they had the opportunity to use the grappling hook after a GP (during their fall) I lost faith in this one. But ok I'll try to remember that, thank you.

About dodge, if a human NH tackle from behind and he made a dodge back (not on the sides, back, I insist) the tackle is avoided ?

I hope not because it would be strange to be able to avoid the attack by jumping into the direction of the tackle.

It take you out of sprint for a moment...just long enough to take away your tackle prompt.  It has to hit you at just the right moment.  Not something that will always work...especially with the new input method.  If you are already in tackle you will hit him still (unless it kills you)

Huh, never knew. Thanks for the reply!

They can't avoid the tackle? Um, I didn't know. Since I saw they had the opportunity to use the grappling hook after a GP (during their fall) I lost faith in this one. But ok I'll try to remember that, thank you.

About dodge, if a human NH tackle from behind and he made a dodge back (not on the sides, back, I insist) the tackle is avoided ?

I hope not because it would be strange to be able to avoid the attack by jumping into the direction of the tackle.

A Survivor has to be facing you to avoid a tackle... It's possible that due to latency you don't see this as they can turn 180 in a fraction of a second.  Rest assured they did turn to face you and pressed jump if they are performing an evade though.

Hi!

I am playing as a hunter almost all the time recently, so here's what i want to say.

I don't think a human need to be tweaked down that much, the most problems comes from Night Hunter mechanics, he lacks proper elusion techniques and some of game mechanics makes gameplay frustrating.

For humans, i don't care how many hookshots they have, the thing i think should be changed is weapon power tweaks and weak down that overpowered human kick. As it is now the kick takes 30 points of damage, which is 20% of NH health, Techland, really? Is the night hunter so supernatural that only 5 kicks can kill him while NH have sparks initiating claw that do the same damage to human? I suggest to drop the kick damage to 10 points, normally when i receive axe hit, i have only 14 points of health, one kick and i'm out - thats a very common scenario, many times i'm hit with axe before i touch the ground from aerial pound, then even if i hit the guy, i'm 99% dead right now, i have that 14 points of health now, so he can hookshot me, he can run and tackle, he can run jump and kick or slice - 95% death. Not to mention that there is a very frustrating game mechanics that punish night hunter for making succesfull pound, if there is a small wall or rail behind a human, then even if he touch it with ankle level, he imidiately stops movement right before me and slice leaving almost no room for escape, while he should trip and land on his back behind wall/rail (pleas fix it). When i use tendrills to escape and human stands on my way, then i'm magicly stopped and moved slowly to the side when tendrill is (you can observe it even when a pole or something else is on your track), the NH should automaticly be shoved fast to the side to bypass the object/human (hunter or human should be shoved aside or human should be pushed a little without any damage but with attack/run cancel if he perform any - let the momentum of NH to interfere the humans).

As for weapons i suggest 111pts damage for two handed weapon, throw with two handed can stay as it is; Machete - 51pts (throw 90pts); kick - 10pts (20pts if two handed will be reduced); tackle 20pts.

NH shouldn't be taken easily with bare hand/foot attacks (but it is), melee weapons is a different thing but why the hell virals have more health than hunter?

A Survivor has to be facing you to avoid a tackle...

I don't know, i saw many times quite the opposite and sometimes humans was able to avoid tackle while climbing the ledge of the roof.

Some NH suggestions:

What do you think about skin hardening skill during UV that reduces damage to 50%?

Air Pound on the head = death, its hard to hit a human directly from above anyway (if hit at all with pound), so it would be a nice bonus and should force the human to reconsider his plan to axe me when i'm pounding from the air. At least make the human to fly away if he is too close to the falling hunter body during pound.

The hitbox for Rain Death is too big, right now even blind person can do it, please reduce it a bit, it's a cool attack, but annoying. I myself was able to do it when i was completely misaligned to hunter. Maybe add a cancel with tendrills to switch places with human (human will be thrown to the ground - no damage if low altitude - and NH hunter will jump up) if the stamina is not drained.

Reduce the UV healing time, there is no longer any surpise element and it's not that convenient either, cuase i have to escape somewhere where they won't reach me, till this time, it's not very usefull, cause i have to go back to the action with UV block worn off untill i reach destination.

Along with mutations, add more health to the NH, every mutation give +10 health, so the final one have 180 (maybe weapon attenuation demand would be lower). Right now there is not even any encouragment to do mutations anyway, additional spits are not that usable and UV heal is too slow, those are used very rarely, horde and UV suppressor is more usefull.

Keep the momentum of night hunter if the angle of the tendrils is less than 60° to the surface, so i can tackle when i reach the ground.

Allow hunter to call something if scream is hold long enough, for e.g. awake the volatiles in the nests or call one near you (i saw once a volatile wandering around on that broken bridge when i played as hunter).

Allow night hunter to grab stuff, for e.g. LPG bottle and throw them (it's not more precise thing than door opening, is it?), sparking hunter claws should initiate explosion too, you can for e.g. pick a weapon that somebody was throwing at you and dump it somewhere else.

Expand hunter abilities, so he could do some fun stuff, not neccesarily that dangerous to human, but mentioned item picking, destroying and stealing weapons that player threw and missed, could be fun.

Give the hunter more variety of moves, like dodge to the back or to the sides or jump faster (better chance of evasion, many times i died because human hit my foot).

Give him very small inventory for fun, i could steal a weapon from one human and give it to another :)

Matchmaking:

Who the hell thought that loading game prior to the connection is a wise idea? The game shouldn't leave the lobby till connection succeeds. Otherwise there's a ton of "the hunter slot is full" or "game is not available", i've got kicked to main menu, and i have to go to matchmaking again after 1.5s of waiting, wait for games to appear only to learn that another slot is full and got kicked to main menu again. Imagine that sometimes i have to do it 10 or more times, because somebody else was first. there is also some bug, if human will abort game, sometimes matchmaking won't be available again (greyed out) and i have to leave the BTZ game.

For now the only pain i want to be eased is that wall/rail mechanics that stops the human from flying off when pounded even if a portion of they body will be in a way. That frustrated me very often.

Oh, and i don't like the way the RUN key is working, i would appreciate a settings where i can turn off toggling RUNing so when i hit RUN key, i'll run till i realease forward button (RUN key won't disable running).

A Survivor has to be facing you to avoid a tackle...

I don't know, i saw many times quite the opposite and sometimes humans was able to avoid tackle while climbing the ledge of the roof.

Edited by sanjyuubi

Hey sanjyuubi!

Some interesting suggestions!  Some of these we have actually tried earlier on but they weren't good for desired gameplay and some of these actually WILL be in the next patch!  

2handed axe/hammer damage has been reduced.  I don't know what to tell you about the unarmed damage though. If you are getting killed repeatedly by an unarmed Survivor than you are playing against people too far outside of your skill level... The new matchmaking tiers should help here.

Also, keeping your momentum from tendril locomotion is implemented in the new patch!  One of the added tweaks the Hunter needed for 'The Following' but it also carries over to the other maps.  ;)

Matchmaking doesn't load the map until you connect.  If you are seeing the map load then that means you have successfully connected to someone. There is no way to keep someone in a game if they decide they don't want to be there though.  They can quit, turn off their system, switch to single player etc. while you are loading.  This causes the disconnect messages you are seeing.

You should try ranking up with the Survivor against the Hunter and then you will find out what is and isn't possible.  It sounds like your understanding of the game is very one sided right now.

Match making is taking upwards of 20 minutes before a hunter shows up since the new pool went live. Things have been fairly quite on the pc for the last couple of weeks anyway but I normally wait 5 minutes if that.

Match making is taking upwards of 20 minutes before a hunter shows up since the new pool went live. Things have been fairly quite on the pc for the last couple of weeks anyway but I normally wait 5 minutes if that.

Thanks for the feedback.  Do you play as the Hunter?  If you do, how is it finding matches on that side for you?

I think it may take a little bit for the players to shuffle around and settle in the appropriate pools.  Let me know if you continue to have issues.  You can PM me your gamertag as well and I'll check which pool you are in.

I am a ultimate survivor, but i will come back tomorrow and let you know if it is any better. ON the the actual games I have had the skill level seems fairly matched with most of the time little mistakes on both sides are what decides the outcome rather than the noob punishing that was going on.

Thanks for the feedback.  Do you play as the Hunter?  If you do, how is it finding matches on that side for you?

I think it may take a little bit for the players to shuffle around and settle in the appropriate pools.  Let me know if you continue to have issues.  You can PM me your gamertag as well and I'll check which pool you are in.

Apparently I'm in a tier that has "lessor" players.  Though I'm high ranking I don't play well, but when they see "Carnivore" they tend to bail out.  It took a long time last night to get any matches.  I haven't played a lot the past few weeks out of frustration with matches and I was kind of hoping I'd see that de-ranking some folks complain about with their survivor rankings.  I haven't moved rankings in a while.

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet but some doors will say open but they just won't at all. As if locked by the human. Maybe a container was placed in the way? I don't know if this will be corrected via the non-interaction fix, however I do enjoy pretending I can't get in and then scare them silly a little later on. It would also be amazing if the night hunter gets to level up to 5 stages with six spits. Also I'm now an apex predator for a long time I have become very annoyed that a mere human may block all my moves, while I cower from their unblockable fly kicks, death from above when against 4 players- 3 offensive 1 waiting on roof top like some vulture, uv light spamming preventing me from going anywhere near my nest during an attack. Im fully upgraded and ranked yet playing against 4 skilled survivors is basically a death wish. They become a collective group that can see exactly where I'm coming from, how much of a threat I pose with laser beams that help to see me, keep me back and render me useless, these guys also obviously know the shield exploit so don't say spits help. They have 4 minds while I have 1. The night hunter must be a true predator who has the strength and abilities to be totally unpredictable. Not one through shear circumstance. I love that trickery is involved but it feels far too mandatory in 4 vs 1. I understand these are balancing issues rather than bugs. Sorry but I just had to vent. I used to buy PS plus just to play BTZ. 200000 hours total as a night hunter! I am very pleased BTZ will finally be updated again!!!

I haven't read the whole forum but there is an exploit that makes me quit the game im currently in.

The Humans camp near the canals (water), and wait for me to engage. When i Horde Spit them, they jump in the water until the effect wears out. This is an extremely weak way to play the game and I will keep quitting games if players keep spamming this nonsensical exploit.

Also, if the following patch doesn't bring more balance in BTZ, i'm quitting the whole franchise and won't come back. I'm really frustrated atm bc 9/10 games are exploited or unfair.

My next post will be with less rage and annoyance. Sorry for that :)

I do love the game and i believe it brings refreshment into the modern game scene.

Fall into the water should be something that survivors should avoid. The Pounce should work on targets in the water. It's the same thing for the hunter who fails his GP: An error that can cause a punishment, punishment that could result in death.
Humans have the grappling hook to avoid the water, they can also use this one to get out of the water quickly.

Water should slowly drain health during invasion, so if they camp they die and if they fall in they not too pleased. Pouncing in water is a bit too harsh, kinda like shooting fish in a barrel. Only campers deserve that! This is a major issue that I encounter daily. One survivor sits in the water by my nest while he waits for his buddy. I go looking for his friend but he's got cloak on so if I go looking for him ineffectively Im basically giving my nest to the guy taking a reshreshing dip, otherwise I wait for his friends to come overwhelm me as a group. Same goes for safehouses nearby nests. They should struggle to remain a unit. More grabbing zombies, less grappling hook, viscous spits that trap enemies, ect. These kinda things should be incorporated to allow the survivor to fear the night hunter more so during invasion while still allowing him his freedom and agility outside of invasion. The increase in power recharging is helpful but not close enough to scatter a properly skilled unit. Then they become the hunters, so I feel like a fox being chased by bloodhounds.The greatest games by far are those evenly matched. Those matches really do get the adrenaline pumping.

A grumpy fox that projectile vomits..

Same thing here. During the last couple of days it's been at least half an hour of wait before a hunter joins, and then there's the chance that he's too much for me alone to handle, a rage quitter, or even worse: A cheater. Not enjoyable at all.

As the hunter, one or two games available at peak hours is just absurd. Most times it won't even find me a match.

Edited by Drastamad

Fall into the water should be something that survivors should avoid. The Pounce should work on targets in the water. It's the same thing for the hunter who fails his GP: An error that can cause a punishment, punishment that could result in death.

Humans have the grappling hook to avoid the water, they can also use this one to get out of the water quickly.

You can't pounce them unless the jump up.

There's a water timer now though so that should be deterrent for water campers.

Same thing here. During the last couple of days it's been at least half an hour of wait before a hunter joins, and then there's the chance that he's too much for me alone to handle, a rage quitter, or even worse: A cheater. Not enjoyable at all.

As the hunter, one or two games available at peak hours is just absurd. Most times it won't even find me a match.

What system are you playing on? 

I haven't read the whole forum but there is an exploit that makes me quit the game im currently in.

The Humans camp near the canals (water), and wait for me to engage. When i Horde Spit them, they jump in the water until the effect wears out. This is an extremely weak way to play the game and I will keep quitting games if players keep spamming this nonsensical exploit.

Also, if the following patch doesn't bring more balance in BTZ, i'm quitting the whole franchise and won't come back. I'm really frustrated atm bc 9/10 games are exploited or unfair.

My next post will be with less rage and annoyance. Sorry for that :)

I do love the game and i believe it brings refreshment into the modern game scene.

As jcks mentioned, there is a timeout for Survivors that stay in the water too long.  They need to get out at some point... or they will lose.  I've gotten countless pounces on Survivors trying to leave the water.  Hide out of sight from the UV and make your move as they try to leave!  I also hit them with the 'survivor sense disable' spit if they are swimming on the surface.  The effects last a long time.  If they try to wait in the water too long they will forfeit the game.  Once they are in the water I actually TRY to keep them in there.  Do everything you can to make it hard for them to escape!  

As for exploits, we've gotten rid of all the ones we can find so far!  If you know of anything that hasn't been mentioned make sure to let us know!!

i dont recommend to decrease the "mutant" damage, because its a zombie, a mutant, he needs to do damage, big damage in numbers, maybe if there was an critical hit chance where to player shoot, chest head, leg? it would be awesome to add fragile bones to the mutant, if you shoot x bullets in leg/arm, to break it or to snap it off. (Is this thing possibile ?)