It will be possible to choose the difficulty setting for the invasion ? It does not interest me to play with survivors who have unlimited stamina (Normal and Hard Mode) and instant heal (Normal Mode).

No new options there...sorry!  The Survivors heal isn't instant though.  There is a start up time of a couple seconds and you can interrupt it many ways!  Melee attacks are useful if you know a survivor is trying to heal.  If they dodge it interrupts the heal as well, so a tackle (or even faking one) is also useful in these situations! ;)

Pete,

Can you elaborate a little more on how this new pool (and the other pools will work)? Is the player's position within each pool decided on a win / loss ratio or something else? e.g. mutation, number of skills unlocked, present level, etc. I'm curious on what actually dictates a player as they move from the first pool, to the second and so on.

For example:

A player is a mutation one hunter with only three skills unlocked and thus are only level 3. What pool would they be in and how would the decision be made to move them up to the next pool? If they win the next 10 matches? Unlock more skills? Become a mutation two hunter?

We determine your rating through wins/losses.  The rating of your opponent plays a role in how much it moves for a win/loss as well.  This rating determines if you are in pool1 or pool2 and who the ideal matches for you would be within those pools. This rating is reset every time you go through a Mutation. 

It also has nothing to do with your displayed rank name (apex predator, ultimate survivor).

Once a survivor reaches Max rank there is no need to play the game anymore you get the same rewards regardless there are better weapons from the main game so I can't see many people playing btz all I see on here is hunters moaning about the shield when the shield is meant for defence anyway hunters win by spamming ground pound all the time let's see how many people play after the patch not many I guess

At least one new reason will be the new Legend Levels...Actually, I suppose I could say that's 250 new reasons!  ;)

This is an excellent addition! For those of us who stream the game, an option to leave a game in which a player is openly/obviously going to elongate the match as long as possible will do wonders for keeping the flow of gameplay consistent. It prevents us from having to choose between "Give an AFK farmer the win" and "Disconnect the stream to avoid the loss." It'll also help us avoid games with players who are legitimately AFK without choosing between ruining our records or "unsportmanly" farming them.

Actually, it helps with a pretty wide number of things. For beginner Hunters, this can help them escape a game in which high-level players are trolling Hunters by diving into low-level Humans' games after they've begun. If new exploits rear their ugly heads, Hunters who spot them quickly can also dip out of the game without negatively affecting their own record while avoiding giving those players unjust rewards.

All-around excellent addition!

Agreed. 

Although the new timeouts should handle AFK campers/glitchers I think it'll be more useful in the cases you mentioned with night hunter trolling and survivors refusing to engage unless they have the advantage (DfA tower comes to mind). Now instead having to force yourself into less than ideal situations to keep the match flowing you can instead choose to wait until they're forced to make a move. This is about as close as we can get to a universal match timer without rushing the survivor side too much. I'm actually quite impressed with this solution.

Two nights ago a pair of guys blocked an entrance with Survival Packages like for 30 mins waiting for me to quit (so I started 9gaging and chatting with my girl while they were jumping in the room) it was a waiting battle and a waste of time of course I could have quit buts thats not the point for invading, So can I suggest NH be able to destroy those packages and get half the points survivors would get? I mean those are supposed to be important I think its fair to get point for destroying survivors property.

Two nights ago a pair of guys blocked an entrance with Survival Packages like for 30 mins waiting for me to quit (so I started 9gaging and chatting with my girl while they were jumping in the room) it was a waiting battle and a waste of time of course I could have quit buts thats not the point for invading, So can I suggest NH be able to destroy those packages and get half the points survivors would get? I mean those are supposed to be important I think its fair to get point for destroying survivors property.

This will be patched!

15. Fixed Hunter being blocked by Survival packages

Addressing the 2H weapon exploit, I found that the same cooldown timer for 2H weapons can also be done with the grappling hook, so keep note of that as well.

Also, could you care to explain why survivors are able to jump over a hunter's tackle while in mid-air? It always looks so out of place when I ground pound a survivor off of a building and follow up with a tackle while they are falling, only to have them jump over me. Are there any plans on changing this?

Is there going to be any changes to the survivor rewards in the new patch to keep us survivors playing I know we have the buggy and the legend skills and the hunter buffs but give the humans a decent prize for winning instead of the gold fantasy weapons put some normal gold s in there aswell. Quick question off topic will the new weapons for the following have a gold tier category many thanks and looking forward to the following

Hey Pete Hertz IV here from console on xbox one. I have 2 Apex Predators and have owned this game since the official release so im not some new random venting reckless. The simple fact that the zombie who is supposed to be "Feared" but gets chased down like some laughing stock is pathetic to me. Me being an Apex, most players just simply rage quit. I was wondering if their will be any penalties for pressing "Drop Out" button in the middle of a match. This is to much of a convenience for the survivors. Will it be made so this game will actually require teamwork instead of 1 person chasing and UVing the hunter will everyone works on the nest? Will their be new spits, capabilities such as stealth, volatiles,virals? Potential Ideas to match Crane:

1. Skill Trees: If the hunter could have multiple skill trees like Crane is going to have with his new DLC why not the NH? Crane is very unpredictable with all of his duped items, dodge spam, (with no cooldown) Bozak bow etc. The NH on the other hand is extremely predictable. Horde, UV, toxic spit, Ground Pound. No summoning of Virals, Demolishers, screamers on nest boomers? A screamer on a nest or near it would elicit new tricks and tactic's for a NH making the survivors having to think a little more around situations. 3 specific skill trees that allow the hunter to summon Volatiles, Virals, even 1 Demolisher. 

2. Survivor sense activation interval: The fact that Crane can comfortably spam the survivor sense is sad. The range on it far exceeds the mini map and when the hunter is spotted he glows brighter than the Sun. What is the point of when your hit with UV light you glow but the spam of the survivor sense also makes you glow? It should be one or the other why both? Their should be a constant state of paranoia and needing of teamwork. I dont feel any unity in this game or need of teammates, the more people the more OP it feels. We should be wanting to stick close, plan our route to the nest, and fight for a win. The NH does not seem to serve his purpose. Game after game he is a laughing stock. A quick example, Left for Dead, "The Tank" was fierce. Required teamwork to bring him down. Even if the controller was not as skilled significant damage could be done to the survivors. Im just saying no way in hell should anyone be thinking of chasing down a NH or running off alone. The survivor sense makes people to comfortable. 

3. Martyrdom: When the hunter dies would it be possible for him to have a last ditch type of attack were he drops vile, acid, etc that either slows the survivor down to the effects of the livers potion? Maybe even calls the hoard or covers a large area similar to toxic spit. This is for nest tactics and T-baggers. Dying on a nest would force the survivor to use grenades, Bow, ETC.

4. Spit Types:  Air Burst Spit: since survivors can easily evade unless i spit lock (spit pounce) which also leaves me caught in animation and I also take massive damage from a 2nd 3rd or 4th player. This can go 2 ways. A missed pounce can lead to an immediate blitz from 3rd parties resulting in KO or at the end of the missed pounce the defender can immediately follow up with a drop kick which triggers another animation for a grand total of 5+ seconds render defenseless. Maybe the Air Burst Spit could be limited to only certain spits. Can only be used for horde but not UV spit because that would be OP if all 4 players were together. 

5. Highlighted Bomber Spawns: I highlight this because this is absolutely crucial. Knowing which doors, under cars, buses, crevices, under buildings, sewage drainers that the horde spawns from is absolutely essential. If the night hunter could easily see these locations then knowing when to use horde spit and when not to could save a lot of time from being wasted. Hitting a survivor with a horde spit frequently results in the horde taking almost all of the 15 seconds to arrive because they come from under cars, buses, crevices, under buildings, or sewage drainers from another block leaving the survivors plenty of time to bug out. For example, there are many "closed doors" inaccessible by the player that serve as Viral spawns and Horde spawns. If they could be highlighted this would elicit new strategy.

6. Incentives/Penalties:Is their a reason one can press the drop out button with absolutely no repercussions? Sure maybe not for the survivor but for the NH after sitting waiting for 15+ minutes to get in a game to see a player quit at the expense of the hunter. Aborting i have little problem with as i know a dev. has already stated this will not be terminated. But there needs to be a penalty for losing/ "Drop out". Titles mean little to many players. Only the elite care about their rank. De-ranking the individual, taking survivor points, weapons, or better yet a 15 minute safe zone penalty for leaving. This is incorporated in games like Neverwinter. Upon leaving you will be penalize. On the flip side theres nothing great for winning. Maybe an ultimate tier weapon that very few will have, an elite "Diamond Tier" that can only be acquired upon reaching the highest survivor rank, new blueprints in BTZ, skills, Crystal Bow(You get my idea). There is nothing that forces people to turn on BTZ. Make Crane fight the hunter!

The more people their are, the more should be a stake. 4 people more rewards, 1 person little to nothing. Teamwork is key.

7. UV Flashlight: The only problem i see with this is the cooldown is not long enough as more people join and the energy gauge does not deplete fast enough. The more people there are the faster your own UV should drain. Forcing teamwork and mitigating the urge to blitz a fleeing NH. 4 people is 4 lights so that energy bar for each person should be gone very quickly. Along with the flare spam people dont even think twice to look over at a NH because hell simply miss a pounce caught in animation and get 3 pieced which is witnessed by the NH as a OHK.

8. Attack Variety (The Infamous Ground Pound) There is a reason you see many high ranks especially Apex Predators utilizing the GP. Lets create a scenario by taking away GP. What do we have left claw? The claw is barely half the speed of Cranes speed weapons such as the machete and a hunter clawing a human will only result in a dropkick and easy cleanup by the partner. Tackle is the easiest thing in a NH arsenal to dodge. I myself personally along with other players have seen survivors dodge in mid-air, Dodge without looking, and on top of that the entire dodge side-step back-step animation is considered apart of a successful evade. Even if you press it a second to early, halfway through an evade, the entire animation is considered a successful dodge. Last but not least pounce is easily prevented of course with the UV light. So now lets insert GP. Dodging a GP is a joke and the people who cry about it are horrible a dodging. Most players panic especially in slums as it is extremely tight leaving little room for error when moving to each nest. Smart players try to stay in as much open field as possible will the amateurs run through tight alley ways, stores, ETC. This is heaven for a hunter because after the first GP the survivor panics spamming dodge. The GP followed up with a horde spit leaves you stuck in animation not able to avoid the spit. BOOM horde incoming. A simple dodge away from a GP spammer combined with dropkick will scare a NH away. The reason i named this attack Variety is because of the fact there are ABSOLUTELY no variety to a NHs CQB. A one tendril attack tripping a survivor slowing him down maybe, jumping on a survivors head that similar to the Jockey? Of course this is speculation to get the ideas out there but the point is we need something to utilize other than GP so players can stop crying about how they keep setting themselves up in "Tight" situations to get GPed to death. The bottom line you take away GP the hunter is more pathetic than what he already is. GG

9. Limited Items: Lastly,can there be a limit of the number of items/weapons that can be brought into invasions.? Depending on the number of survivors 1-4 will determine the number of medkits brought in. The fact its on "Normal" difficulty by default this shouldn't be to much of a problem right? It will make the rewards from winning make you have more of a sense of accomplishment. 99+ medkits, potions, weapons,flares? Come on. I understand they cant be taken from each player but limiting what they can bring with them on the battlefield would balance things to a degree. The fact the all of your weapons are indestructible upon NHI adds to reason this needs to be implemented.

The overall point is if Crane is OP. Yes i play both survivor and NH so i can see both sides. The only argument I ever hear from a survivor about the hunter is GP and how they cant dodge it. It really is funny. But all the hunters make valid points/arguments. Crane can keep his duped toys but buff the NH. 

XboX One GT: Hertz IV 

Thanks for reading.

No new options there...sorry!  The Survivors heal isn't instant though.  There is a start up time of a couple seconds and you can interrupt it many ways!  Melee attacks are useful if you know a survivor is trying to heal.  If they dodge it interrupts the heal as well, so a tackle (or even faking one) is also useful in these situations! ;)

Thanks for the answer.

During the heal and dodge, survivors used the UV flashlight. How am I supposed to interrupt anything without energy? UV shield is not available all the time and this kind of situation happens everytime. If the survivor can't heal, he will dodge while using UV. The heal starts after 1,5/ 2 seconds .In normal mode it regenerates 100 hp in 2 seconds. In Hard Mode this is more acceptable but the dodge (again), combined with UV makes humans too agile.
Speaking of agility, the grappling hook is abusive, the distance you can go with that is awful. There should be only one use before cooldown. 4 uses before the cd is too powerful. 
Edited by Vektor_Noirsang

One big thing that is very frustrating for me as a Night Hunter - Medkit spamming. Experienced players exploiting the game by playing on easy difficulty and spamming medkits every time I hit them with a ground pound, tackle, anything, making it impossible to kill them and win, due to the fact that on the easy difficulty, the healing effect is immediate, rather than gradual. My suggestion to fix this is that if a player is experienced enough (I.E. High enough rank), than the effect of medkits, regardless of difficulty, should be gradual rather than immediate. But any possible fix to this would be awesome.

Create a suicide button for the zombie in the event we get trapped. Survivors actually try to bait hunters into getting trapped so they can get an easy win.

And finally, fix humans getting randomly deranked. It's happened twice now where I was Ultimate Survivor, then I get on one day and my rank was randomly reset to the first rank.

Here it is. This is a very old video I have saved on my PS4 so excuse the good number of the rookie mistakes.

I made a lot of mistakes due to my inexperience with this kind of nonsense, but our biggest number one mistake was trying to avoid the ground pounds and make him fail. Your chances of making him fail are extremely slim and when he does it's usually a slip up of his own. Either way, the one time he did I somehow missed my first swing and he got away. The point is, trying to dodge away from the zombie will not work. The super majority of the slums is nothing but clutter and very few nests there are open enough to where you could possibly dodge backwards spam away. I saw dodge backwards because it is the only dodge that gives you enough distance to escape the ground pound if it is directly where you were standing beforehand, side dodges do not have enough range.

I know now how to deal with this guys and it's that you have to stand your ground and fight. I've gotten much better dealing with spammers since this video but so has this zombie at doing it. I know this is getting somewhat off topic from the original purpose of this thread but please hear me out, this is very important if you're going to rebalance damage.

To beat a ground pound spammer, you have to be at full health and ready to fight before he gets there. Like I said before, if he knows what he's doing he will jump, claw you on the way down, and then ground pound. That's 80 health gone every time. You have to slash him on his way down from his jump when he's clawing just before the ground pound. That does a third of his health. Here's how it plays out once a hunter starts.

The hunter jumps and claws you, you get one swing in before the hunter ground pounds. The human is now at 120/200 health, the hunter now has 2/3rds health.

The same thing happens and the human is now at 40/200 health, the hunter now has 1/3rd left.

This is where it gets intense, the human has to slash the zombie before he claws him. The hunter does not need to ground pound after, he only needs to get a claw in because the human is at 40 health. Most likely, the hunter has sprinted up to the human after that second ground pound while the human was still flying in the air, and it is now very in the favor of the night hunter to get the melee in first.

Now look, I can't really claim to know at all what you mean by 'adjusting damage values' so that the human can't kill the hunter as quickly and I don't claim to know, but if you are changing the damage values then you please have to consider ground pound spam into the equation. I'm telling you right now, that in a 1v1 situation, if that hunter had to be slashed four times instead of three to be killed, he would win a one melee skirmish every time without fail. I really doubt the role for night hunters Techland had in mind is to just blitz as soon as the human spawns and mindlessly ground pound, because that's what this zombie does right now and this is pre-patch. The hunter, according to the hints, is supposed to use strategy and wait for the right moment to attack when the situation is optimal for him. He should have to make a healthy balanced use of all his abilities, not just spam one. I fought this guy recently and lost again (but I did a lot better, got to the last nest), and I checked the end game stats. You know how many tackles he attempted? Zero. You know how many pounces he attempted? Zero. You know how many ground pounds he did? Over 60. Literally over 60 ground pounds mixed with spits here and there to keep me flustered. This isn't right. The fellow ultimate survivors I've all talked to in my circle all agree that ground pounds need some kind of nerf, and now it sounds like they might be possibly getting a buff. Again, I can't pretend to know what Techland has in store, but if the humans damage is nerfed while the hunters stays the same, I promise people like this guy will be basically unstoppable.

Please keep this in mind, thank you for your time.

Keep in mind that it takes skill to ground pound like that. I fear that you're just getting owned and upset about it. What about you spamming medkits? Flares? It takes general skill to land constant ground pounds like that. So deal with it. Edited by jonnyallen3

Keep in mind that it takes skill to ground pound like that. I fear that you're just getting owned and upset about it. What about you spamming medkits? Flares? It takes general skill to land constant ground pounds like that. So deal with it.

Yes Bro you got rekt. The funny think is you didn't even attempt to fight into it like your suppose to. You didn't even try to dropkick him. And you had a pistol out. But most of all you panicked. Slums is a hunter paradise because it is extremely packed/tight so GP is an easy skill to utilize. As far as spamming get use to it because literally we hunters have no other skill as great as the GP.

Learn how to dodge Bro. You main objective is to destroy nest not fight the hunter term until it is necessary. The reason GP is used so much is due to many factors such as the follow up camera rotation, the easy follow up spit, the easy follow up tackle off of a roof, and the overall helplessness it instills on the survivor. You panicked the entire time and never defended your self. All I have to say is lulz from xbox one.

Hi Pete, since you're looking for glitches, I thought I would make up a quick video on something I've experienced in various forms during matches: inconsistencies in "magnetism" for the Night Hunter.

The first half of the video shows the Hunter's Ground Pound failing to draw a Human toward a set of Spikes, despite close proximity and being directly in front of them. It's quickly followed by a Drop-Kick, which does successfully draw me into a set of Spikes, in the exact spot the Human player had hit previously. Basically, the Human and the Night Hunter hit the same spot on the Spikes, but the Hunter is the only one who is drawn into an insta-death animation.

The second half is another Ground Pound, but this one correctly locks on to the Spikes in the Hunter's favor even though it's essentially the same angle as the first. This is the same match with the same number of people. So it's not like it never works or anything, it just seems hit-and-miss (literally!), even against the same players.

I'm not sure if it's an issue with hit-boxes or latency, but if this could be looked into in the future it would be awesome!

Edited by DoctorPurrington

It is intended that humans could kill the Night Hunter, with bare hands ? I mean, with a friend, we decided to see who wins between: the claws vs fists.

So I summarize the video, The NH needs 4 hits with his claws to kill and the survivor 5 punches. The human hitting faster than the zombie, wins with bare hands... Bare hands.
I'm not the only one who finds this ridiculous, right ?
Edited by Vektor_Noirsang

Everybody know what follows, but I can't believe people are having this much trouble with hunter if they use properly even his most basic combo.

In a scenario 1 Human vs 1 Hunter, which needn't even be 1v1, but can be 1v4 with a human separated from the group or the group is sidetracked by other concerns, which happens often enough if the hunter observes carefully. A precise, quick hunter employing UV spit used with shield approach is a tactic with no real defense on single survivor side. A good hunter won't be stopped by flare or UV light of one survivor, and if the survivor raises shield against the spit, then he'll be pounced. Such hunters can make this simple trick work with most survivors at a decent range in 2 seconds or less. No time to pull a flare after UV connects either.

My point: 1 UV spit and 1 Shield in proper hunter hands, already makes a hunter OP in the wide variety of situations where this tactic can be applied.

As for magnetism working or not, the game world is really cluttered, which is part of the appeal and style of the game but also multiplies potential for such inconsistencies. But it definitely works (or actually not...) both ways: the probability my survivor gets killed because DFA was cancelled due to a nearby car or trash container "working its magnet" is higher than GP or tackle spike miss as hunter. 

Well said mate the hunter has that one combo that will take out any survivor at any rank I can't understand all the complaining about the shield when in this case is completely useless the shield is only useful mid to long range the night hunter is a proper killing machine when used properly its exactly the same as a fighting game learn the combos and you win simple

Everybody know what follows, but I can't believe people are having this much trouble with hunter if they use properly even his most basic combo.

In a scenario 1 Human vs 1 Hunter, which needn't even be 1v1, but can be 1v4 with a human separated from the group or the group is sidetracked by other concerns, which happens often enough if the hunter observes carefully. A precise, quick hunter employing UV spit used with shield approach is a tactic with no real defense on single survivor side. A good hunter won't be stopped by flare or UV light of one survivor, and if the survivor raises shield against the spit, then he'll be pounced. Such hunters can make this simple trick work with most survivors at a decent range in 2 seconds or less. No time to pull a flare after UV connects either.

My point: 1 UV spit and 1 Shield in proper hunter hands, already makes a hunter OP in the wide variety of situations where this tactic can be applied.

As for magnetism working or not, the game world is really cluttered, which is part of the appeal and style of the game but also multiplies potential for such inconsistencies. But it definitely works (or actually not...) both ways: the probability my survivor gets killed because DFA was cancelled due to a nearby car or trash container "working its magnet" is higher than GP or tackle spike miss as hunter.

The thing is not all people like to use their brains and make up there own combos. Lulz it's ti much work for them because their use to playing cod. The NH as underpowered as he is takes skill. Good players are obviously going to be a to compensate for an UP NPC and we will always try to make the best of it. These good hunters are rare and most are laughing stocks. With the release of the following and Cranes new toys will show truly how OP/UP the new NH is.

Well said mate the hunter has that one combo that will take out any survivor at any rank I can't understand all the complaining about the shield when in this case is completely useless the shield is only useful mid to long range the night hunter is a proper killing machine when used properly its exactly the same as a fighting game learn the combos and you win simple

The issue with shields is a glitch currently in the game, in which a shield, pulled out immediately after being stuck by a Spit, will prevent that Spit from activating on the Human player.

So if you UV Block, predict the dodge and land your Spit for a "stick," the Human player can incorrectly negate it with the Shield. Which obviously shouldn't happen, because you could never use a Spit against any competent Human.

Shields in general aren't all that amazing - it's just the glitch that makes them overpowered. Thankfully it's being patched out, so we won't have to worry about it for much longer, but know that no one's complaining about "shields" in general.

A good hunter won't be stopped by flare or UV light of one survivor, and if the survivor raises shield against the spit, then he'll be pounced. Such hunters can make this simple trick work with most survivors at a decent range in 2 seconds or less. No time to pull a flare after UV connects either.

From personal tests with fellow Night Hunters, you can absolutely be hit by a UV Spit, Block with the Shield, have your shield be interrupted by a Pounce, and follow with the UV light to cancel the Pounce before the UV Spit detonates. While the Hunter is still in recovery animation, a UV Flare can be thrown. The Hunter then has no UV Spit or Block to cancel the Flare/GP the Flare/Tackle the Human out of the Flare and still be able to reliably Pounce afterward.

Horde Spit can be used in the Flare's proximity, but then the Shield glitch comes back into play. It's not a matter of overcoming as much as it is a pretty blatantly broken mechanic.

I beg to differ about all this talk of night hunters being more powerful than a human. I've been juggled by drop kicks which stop my ground pound, I've been hit with a sword and a tackle at the same time, open spaces for the night hunter are a joke because of how fast and agile humans are with the dodge spam. The hunter moves so clunky all the time which is why it's always a death trap if a hunter goes indoors.

My ground pounds inputs don't even register most of the time. The weapon range on humans is just ridiculous to the point where I would stand behind a human and was still hit.

Like that person said we only have one combo which really isn't even a combo its just hunters jumping ground pounding and clawing which is basically all his most useful attacks.

From personal tests with fellow Night Hunters, you can absolutely be hit by a UV Spit, Block with the Shield, have your shield be interrupted by a Pounce, and follow with the UV light to cancel the Pounce before the UV Spit detonates. While the Hunter is still in recovery animation, a UV Flare can be thrown. The Hunter then has no UV Spit or Block to cancel the Flare/GP the Flare/Tackle the Human out of the Flare and still be able to reliably Pounce afterward.

Horde Spit can be used in the Flare's proximity, but then the Shield glitch comes back into play. It's not a matter of overcoming as much as it is a pretty blatantly broken mechanic.

Shield exploit relative to stuck spits from survivor pov has been called out for months by all sorts of posters here. I don't think anybody calls that into question other than perhaps Techland's inaction on the matter. This inaction is at least partially responsible for spreading and maintaining the use of exploits, and the negativity that is a result of this.

You can't chalk all of this up to "negative gaming culture"... such negativity can be fueled by inaction of forcing the implication that exploits are fair game and business as usual.

All I said above was meant to address what seem like excessive complaints about the Hunter not being strong enough (I'm in the small adjustments + gamer control/options camp but that's a crazy minority here, it often seems :rolleyes:) : If the survivor can get out of the shield + UV spit tactic of the hunter as described, then the hunter misjudged situation, perhaps aimed without precision, or is simply too slow and too predictable.

Edited by Chickeninja

Guns basically just melt off the little sliver of health I have if I'm at 23 hp, With all the new buffs humans are getting from the new update I don't even think hunters will stand a chance. Buggys with mobile safe homes, buggys with electric cages, buggys with a flame thrower, buggys that probably will be faster than the dang night hunter himself.

I beg to differ about all this talk of night hunters being more powerful than a human.

Not going that far but will claim "Hunter is strong enough" in the right hands, particularly with experience and a smart player. I illustrated the basic tactics lesson no.1 for any hunter to show that if the hunter is fast enough, has good feel for time in the right setting, no ultimate survivor could stop that. And it's not spit smash; just one UV spit, a shield is all he requires. In this case, not saying generally or concerning the whole game in every situation, hunter is imho slightly OP to survivor.