yep this is one of the problem i mentioned to the dev, as the hunter can use uv block, which make me him immune to uv light, tendril in front of me, and use the speed run technique to get directly behind me (even with me dodging backward) and go pounce immediately.

I´m not entierly certain if this qualifys as a bug or not, but should the nighthunters sensitivity realy affect the movement post tendrill to run that much? I know it´s a strategy used by quite a few NH´s (At least the others i met) to just crank up your sensitivity so you can actualy steer your camera better during the accelerated run, however this leads to hunters doing a 180 on the spot and using this to land an undodgable tackle (unless you predict the hunter going for this in which case you have to turn around before he gets behind you which again leaves you open if you happen to be alone).

My question is if this is actualy intented, as normaly with a sensitivity bellow a certain threshold steering whilst running post tendril locomotion is rather slow, as in, it is hard to run around a corner, however with a cranked up sensitivity the hunter can practicly turn on a dime as soon as he starts running post tendrill locomotion.

I´m not certain if i managed to express what exactly i mean properly, essentialy should a high look sensitivity overrule the reduced sensitivity during tendrill run or not, as it seems that it shouldnt be the case as otherwise there wouldnt be this slow down of the camera during tendrill run.

SUDDEN MATCH END - it's rare but it happened at least 2 times during last 2 weeks. I don't know how to trigger it, but sometimes the screen transition appear (black liquid flowing form above - standard DL screen transition effect) and the match ends just like that, it ends just like it never happened, no sum up chart, no victory/abort, nothing, the game just leaves on its own to main menu. I'm writing this after a match, where i died as a hunter and the end credits start to roll !!!! for a 2 seconds, after that screen transition happen and i'm in main menu.

I don't have habbit of recording though i regret that i can't show an example.

Also, sometimes the sound starts to glitch.

[PC]

Edited by sanjyuubi

This one is not what you would call a "bug" or "exploit". it's more of a failure of game design that becomes a bug.

In another of my topics, I adressed the fact that there is less and less NH out there. I recently discovered another reason why:

For the past few days I've been playing as both NH and  human in my "bug-hunt" and I discovered something: It is almost impossible to put up a fight, as the NH, without raising it's controller sensitivity to a high degree.

The high sensitivity enables the NH to be more unpredictable and turn fast enough to get behind a player and garantee tackles before he can turn around. Here's a video from a good/known survivor who faced a NH who turned his sensitivity up. And even then, the match was pretty close, and 1v1.

I know it takes some skill to be able to still control your movement when you turn this fast, but the sheer fact that to win as a NH (against good players) you actually Need to go in your settings is ridiculous. Notice also that from the survivor's POV, the NH can, sometime, barely be followed by normal vision, which means that the connexion latency cannot follow this kind of speed with precision, making him appear to be almost teleporting (I faced an NH like this, it went pretty much the same way. and when I tried this technique, the tackle was suddenly useful.)

It is not a bug per-say, but for someone who does not have a super-connection, it appears as one. The point is: there is still balancing issues, and now NH's are resorting to actual controller/mouse sensitivity changing. the "bad" thing here is that tackles are so easily dodged that NH appears to be cheating to pull them off, thus creating possible reports from survivors, thus less NH players.

Even if this "bug" can only be seen from the Human POV, there as got to be a way to fix it. Soon, only super-skilled NHs are still going to play. because with the new OHKO that came with the new weapons and Horde damage inconsistencies, only the best NH will still have a chance...

Sadly, still searching for more... 

Unfortunately, BTZ will now be -more than ever- a game of cat and mouse. The Humans will find an exploit, and then the Hunters will find a clever way to negate that exploit and vice versa. The latest complaint from the Human side is the raising of the controller sensitivity issue. In my opinion, this isn't even an issue since the Human can merely up their sensitive levels as well in order to make this issue a moot point. This cat and mouse game is all caused from the fact that BTZ shipped being imbalanced from the get go. Most of the complaints from the Hunter's side still go unfixed since the Humans are still OP. You add in the OP of the Human, lag issues, latency issues, and you have the majority of casual BTZ players quitting and never returning to the game since it is simply not worth the stress all the while cussing at your T.V. because of the BS game mechanics. At this point, BTZ just needs a complete and utter overhaul from top to bottom - this won't happen, but a guy can wish right? 

Edited by A. Ryan

Preach brother!

Unfortunately, BTZ will now be -more than ever- a game of cat and mouse. The Humans will find an exploit, and then the Hunters will find a clever way to negate that exploit and vice versa. The latest complaint from the Human side is the raising of the controller sensitivity issue. In my opinion, this isn't even an issue since the Human can merely up their sensitive issues as well in order to make this issue a moot point. This cat and mouse game is all caused from the fact that BTZ shipped being imbalanced from the get go. Most of the complaints from the Hunter's side still go unfixed since the Humans are still OP. You add in the OP of the Human, lag issues, latency issues, and you have the majority of casual BTZ players quitting and never returning to the game since it is simply not worth the stress all the while cussing at your T.V. because of the BS game mechanics. At this point, BTZ just needs a complete and utter overhaul from top to bottom - this won't happen, but a guy can wish right?

Preach brother!

The current damage amounts need to be nerfed as well or the devs just need to give the Hunter more health by this point. Regular melee weapons kill the Hunter in three hits, a two-handed weapon kills it in two hits, and a thrown weapon will kill it in one hit. The crossbow (and maybe even the regular bow) will one shot one kill it if the Hunter is shot in the head. It absolutely makes no sense that Hunter is still at a max of 150HP while a maxed out legendary human is 275HP. This makes the humans even HARDER to kill while the Hunter is still relegated to 1-3 hits before it dies. Making the Hunter a "glass cannon" was fine when the game was new and no one figured out the exploits and abused them. However, since the game has been out for over a year, exploits have been discovered and the Hunter cannot simply remain a "glass cannon". This is probably a big reason why the vast majority of Hunters have completely left the game as well as why the imbalance issues remain. It is quite apparent by this point that the devs did not fully test BTZ prior to shipping it. If they had, then they probably would have caught a good majority of the exploits or saw the inherent "unfairness" of the mode and nipped any imbalance issues in the bud prior to releasing it. The bottom line is that Humans STILL remain OP even after several patches. From a gaming stand point, you simply cannot do this for long or the game will eventually become unplayable - which is what we are now starting to see. Most of the Hunters for whom are left are maxed out Apex Predators that are pro players going against maxed out pro player Ultimate Survivors. Even with the tier ranking system in place, you will still find a low level Hunter going against a Ultimate Survivor. Let's be honest, most of the patches have been nothing but band-aids to try and fix the inherent problem/s of imbalances and this is why the mode simply needs a complete overhaul. 

Edited by A. Ryan

two handed weapon thrown will kill hunter in one hit, but one handed weapon throw will still need 2 hit to kill a hunter, and throwing 2 handed is slower than throwing 1 handed weapon, for crossbow i don't know since i never tried headshot using crossbow.

and does anyone here test the max legend skill yet before complaining? as the damage it does to the hunter is still the same, and i think it the same as how many amount of hit needed to kill survivor (someone please test this, like how many amount of GP needed to kill a maxed legend level or regular maxed skill point), the only thing i feel that give advantage to maxed legend level is the health regeneration.

The current damage amounts need to be nerfed as well or the devs just need to give the Hunter more health by this point. Regular melee weapons kill the Hunter in three hits, a two-handed weapon kills it in two hits, and a thrown weapon will kill it in one hit. The crossbow (and maybe even the regular bow) will one shot one kill it if the Hunter is shot in the head. It absolutely makes no sense that Hunter is still at a max of 150HP while a maxed out legendary human is 275HP. This makes the humans even HARDER to kill while the Hunter is still relegated to 1-3 hits before it dies. Making the Hunter a "glass cannon" was fine when the game was new and no one figured out the exploits and abused them. However, since the game has been out for over a year, exploits have been discovered and the Hunter cannot simply remain a "glass cannon". This is probably a big reason why the vast majority of Hunters have completely left the game as well as why the imbalance issues remain. It is quite apparent by this point that the devs did not fully test BTZ prior to shipping it. If they had, then they probably would have caught a good majority of the exploits or saw the inherent "unfairness" of the mode and nipped any imbalance issues in the bud prior to releasing it. The bottom line is that Humans STILL remain OP even after several patches. From a gaming stand point, you simply cannot do this for long or the game will eventually become unplayable - which is what we are now starting to see. Most of the Hunters for whom are left are maxed out Apex Predators that are pro players going against maxed out pro player Ultimate Survivors. Even with the tier ranking system in place, you will still find a low level Hunter going against a Ultimate Survivor. Let's be honest, most of the patches have been nothing but band-aids to try and fix the inherent problem/s of imbalances and this is why the mode simply needs a complete overhaul. 

Edited by Nova Scotia

Unfortunately, BTZ will now be -more than ever- a game of cat and mouse. The Humans will find an exploit, and then the Hunters will find a clever way to negate that exploit and vice versa. The latest complaint from the Human side is the raising of the controller sensitivity issue. In my opinion, this isn't even an issue since the Human can merely up their sensitive levels as well in order to make this issue a moot point.

Honestly, I don't mind what happens regarding the sensitivity issue. But I have to highlight the point you brought up - that sensitivity bar isn't for the NH. It's for the game. Both Humans and Night Hunters use the same bar.

Most of the Ultimate Survivors I face already have their sensitivity very high. This really isn't a new thing in Dying Light, or any game for that matter. I bump my sensitivity up in CoD too, but no one gives anyone flak for that.

Apologies if it sounds rude, but Humans are upset because a few videos came out showing that - surprise - the NH can do better with higher sensitivity as well.

If people really have so little experience with raising/lowering sensitivity in games that they want the sensitivity lowered, then by all means, ask for it to be lowered. As Night Hunters, we'll benefit far more from not having Humans turn around at magic-speeds to dodge Tackles/Pounces from behind than Humans will from us not being able to Tackle in a vacuum scenario.

If it's PC your gonna have to take vac off. When I can't find a match after 20 attempts in "safe" mode I turn vac off and you should find some games but I wouldn't suggest it if you get upset with blatant cheating.

Guys im seriously getting pissed im an Apex Predator ever since i became it It takes 20-30 mins to find a damn match does anyone know a way to bypass this please help me!!

Guys im seriously getting pissed im an Apex Predator ever since i became it It takes 20-30 mins to find a damn match does anyone know a way to bypass this please help me!!

I dunno if this still works on not:

No it is PS4

I dunno if this still works on not:

It still works. They haven't addressed it. Ive posted it here because I wanted them to fix it. But, seems like they wont be able to.

Just keep trying it, and it works. Better than waiting 30mins.

It still works. They haven't addressed it. Ive posted it here because I wanted them to fix it. But, seems like they wont be able to.

Just keep trying it, and it works. Better than waiting 30mins.

I actually found a very simple solution, though, I'm certain it's only really applicable to PS4, but maybe also on Steam.

I remembered that on the official Dying Light Community on PS4, you can see all the players currently in a joinable game. From there, you just select "Join" on any player, and the game will attempt to connect you to them. I managed to find a match within 5 minutes. The only times it didn't work were when I unknowingly attempted to join someone who had invasions off or if it already had a hunter in there. It's a bit of a trial-and-error thing, but it works a chupacabra lot quicker than having to spam the refresh button over and over again until you can maybe find someone that doesn't already have a hunter, or they abort, or it's unable to connect, etc. I found this out today and was able to find matches very quickly!

I actually found a very simple solution, though, I'm certain it's only really applicable to PS4, but maybe also on Steam.

I remembered that on the official Dying Light Community on PS4, you can see all the players currently in a joinable game. From there, you just select "Join" on any player, and the game will attempt to connect you to them. I managed to find a match within 5 minutes. The only times it didn't work were when I unknowingly attempted to join someone who had invasions off or if it already had a hunter in there. It's a bit of a trial-and-error thing, but it works a chupacabra lot quicker than having to spam the refresh button over and over again until you can maybe find someone that doesn't already have a hunter, or they abort, or it's unable to connect, etc. I found this out today and was able to find matches very quickly!

Its seems both methods are faster than spamming refresh or sitting there in quick join. Its only going to get worse as the playerbase dwindles too...

Your method at least has a chance of semi decent players. My method shows games of absolute noobs. Ive been in games where 3 players weren't over level 4. I was the first night hunter they had ever encountered. I went easy on them. Let them win. Cause lets face it, if they get obliterated, they wont want to play it again. Poor programming to allow such a simple exploit of MMR. It needs to be fixed.

Pete, youve said you'll look into it. Have you?

Its seems both methods are faster than spamming refresh or sitting there in quick join. Its only going to get worse as the playerbase dwindles too...

Your method at least has a chance of semi decent players. My method shows games of absolute noobs. Ive been in games where 3 players weren't over level 4. I was the first night hunter they had ever encountered. I went easy on them. Let them win. Cause lets face it, if they get obliterated, they wont want to play it again. Poor programming to allow such a simple exploit of MMR. It needs to be fixed.

Pete, youve said you'll look into it. Have you?

Interesting. As for my method, I have no idea what level they could be. I could end up joining a baby or a complete team of Ultimate Survivors (which would be awful for me, considering I'm only about midway through mutation 2.)

Interesting. As for my method, I have no idea what level they could be. I could end up joining a baby or a complete team of Ultimate Survivors (which would be awful for me, considering I'm only about midway through mutation 2.)

See, I actually like this method. I held off from using Leather's option (No offense meant - I think it's impressive/awesome that you found a way to bypass a slow system), but rolling the dice on a random-skill encounter is pretty interesting. I'll have to try this next time I play. I, too, am getting frustrated with the crazy-long wait times to find a match normally. And by "am getting," I mean "been dealing with this since Day 1 and want to stab someone when I have to actively work for 10-20 minutes just to play a single match."

Does anyone else get those "ghost players" who clog up the dropdown list for hours at a time, being completely un-joinable with 0 ping and constantly shifting "players-in-match" numbers? I get one single person on my dropdown list sometimes, even though they're not really there. And they're the target when I try Quick Join, too.

See, I actually like this method. I held off from using Leather's option (No offense meant - I think it's impressive/awesome that you found a way to bypass a slow system), but rolling the dice on a random-skill encounter is pretty interesting. I'll have to try this next time I play. I, too, am getting frustrated with the crazy-long wait times to find a match normally. And by "am getting," I mean "been dealing with this since Day 1 and want to stab someone when I have to actively work for 10-20 minutes just to play a single match."

Does anyone else get those "ghost players" who clog up the dropdown list for hours at a time, being completely un-joinable with 0 ping and constantly shifting "players-in-match" numbers? I get one single person on my dropdown list sometimes, even though they're not really there. And they're the target when I try Quick Join, too.

Glad I could be of some help. Finding a single match is almost impossible most of the time.

And yeah, I've been noticing a ton of those "ghost players" lately, with the constantly changing player counts. I really wonder what's causing it.

I love your videos, by the way, Dr. Purrington! X3

Edited by GrandPappyWilliams

Glad I could be of some help. Finding a single match is almost impossible most of the time.

And yeah, I've been noticing a ton of those "ghost players" lately, with the constantly changing player counts. I really wonder what's causing it.

I love your videos, by the way, Dr. Purrington! X3

The worst thing is that they seem to physically "clog" the dropdown list. Like them being there makes the game say, "Pfft, there's a guy he can play. I won't bother showing anyone else." So I have to resort to doing something else and hitting Triangle every few minutes... only to see that same guy show up over and over.

And thank you! :3

Start new save slot.

I'm still not max'd out on skills on my Mutation 3. Like heck I'm going to start a whole new Hunter just to play the game. <_<

I just fought a hunter that is legendary level 1 does this mean what I think it does and how many new levels does the hunter have and what skills get unlocked

It's a glitch I believe. There are no legendary levels for the night hunter.