Spitsmash shouldn't be available to use when you doesn't have that abilty, the night hunter rises his arms and is stuck in that position (should at least work as normal Ground Pound, right now i have to cancel it), same thing with 1 spit.

Yes, this has been around for awhile and has been reported several times.

Another bug I see frequently with survivors is that their storage can't take any more items on PC. Anybody have a workaround? At this point, the game doesn't even report how far I am from the upper limit, which would indicate how often I'd have to fill slots in my backpack and dump stuff until I can have storage uhm... restored. :D

I many of my games, survivors could somehow, sometimes, dodge tackles while in mid-air (middle of a jump, trying to DFA, dodging a tackles while falling from a roof etc).

Wasn't that supposed to be patched?

Also:

I don't know if it's a bug or if it's intentional, but in The Following DLC, If I "Buggy flip" on my nests accidently, it deals damage and kills any unlucky zombies defenders. But when I flip the buggy on humans (It litteraly falls on them) it does nothing, not even an animation that pushes them back...

Also:

Sometimes the camouflage would actually remove the effects of Spits (I tested this with one of my friends online). The survivor would be covered in sense supressor spit/Horde spit and then suddenly, after using camo, the icon dissapears and he still follows my every movements from one block away and the Horde spontaneously explode as soon as he camo. Thus making the only benefit of the sense-spit (using the icon instead of having to howl) useless.

Now searching for more...

Sometimes the camouflage would actually remove the effects of Spits (I tested this with one of my friends online). The survivor would be covered in sense supressor spit/Horde spit and then suddenly, after using camo, the icon dissapears and he still follows my every movements from one block away and the Horde spontaneously explode as soon as he camo. Thus making the only benefit of the sense-spit (using the icon instead of having to howl) useless.

I can't comment on the other ones, but this is intentional - camo cancels out the Horde Spit.

However, if you can get a physical attack off against the Human (Melee, etc.), it cancels the cancel, and the Horde continues as normal!

I can't comment on the other ones, but this is intentional - camo cancels out the Horde Spit.

However, if you can get a physical attack off against the Human (Melee, etc.), it cancels the cancel, and the Horde continues as normal!

Yeah, but...

Camouflage, instead of luring the horde until the bombers explode themselves, with time. Bombers explodes when the potion is used, so after the claw attacks, the horde is gone.

Bots in the training will die with one ground pound.

They dont fight us either... and if they do, they dont do damage..

Bug?: I have sometimes survivors fighting Rais' men, when I invade the survivor(s), Rais' men are still there, but I cant tackle Rais' men nor pounce them.. yet they are able to damage me.. what I do? Claw them to death while 1 or 2 survivors are chasing me? Uhh, no thnx Ill be dead for sure.. that Rais' men are damaging me (sometimes even chase me), fine, but throwig axes in me and do 14 damage? (This is 9% of my total health).. some carry weapons, actual firearms... explain how they damage me and I cant do anything back?

Why cant I pounce or tackle Rais' men?

Edited by Sniper BLM

How come the grapple hook does 1/5 damage and the tendrils do none? I think it should have some kind of damage or atleast let it have the same effect on a human as the claw and add a recharge timer

How do you ground pound without clawing first?

How come the grapple hook does 1/5 damage and the tendrils do none? I think it should have some kind of damage or atleast let it have the same effect on a human as the claw and add a recharge timer

How do you ground pound without clawing first?

I believe Pete Donnelly has answered the question about why tendrils doing damage is a bad idea, or something like that, way earlier in this topic.

As for the ground pound without clawing first, I don't think there's any way around it, and I think techland made that as an intended thing, though I don't see why.

I believe Pete Donnelly has answered the question about why tendrils doing damage is a bad idea, or something like that, way earlier in this topic.

As for the ground pound without clawing first, I don't think there's any way around it, and I think techland made that as an intended thing, though I don't see why.

Actually you CAN ground pound without clawing first, but I think its a glitch, as after a spit/missed pounce/tackle somehow you could instantly ground pound without having to claw first.. its either a glitch or its intended..

It is normal, to use GP you must hold the attack button. When no action is done while you hold the button: a claw attack before ground pound, this is normal.

However, if you hold the key during an action, that takes over the attack of the claw (Pounce, tackle etc ...), the thing is still taken into account.

To trigger a ground pound, we must maintain the key, that's all. The description doesn't say "After a claw attack, hold the attack button to perform a ground pound"

So no, that's not a glitch

The update that said: Tackles and GP now takes priority over dropkicks is not exactly true.

When, by some miracle, my GP or tackle takes priority, he gets pushed back but I still take a bit of damage (5-10)...Huh?

Also.

The Horde sometimes does not Insta-kill anymore, why, why? If it's a bug, it came with the update. Even when I tackle/groundpound a guy at them, they don't die and sometime survived 2 bombers without healing. was'nt the damage supposed to be mittigated against NH and nests? did the Horde get a nerf?

Also.

Sometime the humans can pull-off a OHK on the nests. despite the updates. The "X has destroyed a nest" notification does'nt even show up.

Those three bugs (and the evade in mid-air from my earlier post) can luckily be seen in a Dr Purrington video here:

When I figure out the way to record one of my games with decent quality i'll post my own...

Still searching for more...

The update that said: Tackles and GP now takes priority over dropkicks is not exactly true.

When, by some miracle, my GP or tackle takes priority, he gets pushed back but I still take a bit of damage (5-10)...Huh?

Also.

The Horde sometimes does not Insta-kill anymore, why, why? If it's a bug, it came with the update. Even when I tackle/groundpound a guy at them, they don't die and sometime survived 2 bombers without healing. was'nt the damage supposed to be mittigated against NH and nests? did the Horde get a nerf?

Also.

Sometime the humans can pull-off a OHK on the nests. despite the updates. The "X has destroyed a nest" notification does'nt even show up.

Those three bugs (and the evade in mid-air from my earlier post) can luckily be seen in a Dr Purrington video here:

When I figure out the way to record one of my games with decent quality i'll post my own...

Still searching for more...

First off, I'm not gushing at all over my video being re-posted. Not at all! :wub:

Secondly, and actually on-topic, Horde inconsistencies were patched a few weeks ago to make them actually OHKO and appear more frequently. My video was before the patch, so it definitely seems worse than it is!

I do agree with you that Horde still just sort of... doesn't show up sometimes. On the other hand, they also have a tendency to warp, so I think their AI and pathing is just a bit wonky overall.

I also do still encounter the Horde not OHKO'ing, but much, much less frequently than pre-patch. This is mostly (80% of the time) when a Human is mid-animation, such as being GP'd or Tackled, which leads me to believe that their may be some confusion in the game-state when Humans are in mid-animation. They still die sometimes in mid-Tackle or Mid-Pounce, etc., just not all the time, which can lead to some less-than-satisfying deaths.

Which is too bad, because the Horde is integral to defeating roving parties of Humans. For me, at least.

Ive said this before and ill say it again. VAC bans occur on a cycle. They pool all the known hackers, and then ban them all at once after a period of time (weekly, fortnightly, monthly - its different for some games). This way, the hackers DONT KNOW what hack was caught and is detectable. This ensures that people who think a hack is undetectable and can keep harassing the community are dealt with... eventually. This stalls and prevents those that develop the hacks and share them with the community wont know what to patch etc so it becomes undetectable. In the short term, it sucks, yes. But its worked for over a decade. Thats why so many games use VAC. 

Occurred to me that it's a good idea to post it here since this thread is run by the devs.

We've had lots of hackers recently in VAC secure games that are NOT receiving VAC bans. I know VAC doesn't prevent the exploits but it should result in a permanent VAC ban soon after, right?

wow we have smart guy here...

don't you think we don't know that? but did you know that vac in dying light simply doesn't even work?

just take a look some of the old report (1 month or older) in this forum and go check their steam profile, they aren't any vac ban in there, do i need to spell to you why? because VAC in dying light simply is not working correctly. either it only detect direct modification to game file (mods) or it doesn't have yet 3rd party program signature as clearly they didn't detect it nor they detect any memory modification.

hell i never seen anyone receive vac ban from dying light, except when the following is released and some of the people with mods get vac banned. but i don't hear anyone receive vac ban after that. even when they are clearly cheating using 3rd party program.

just because vac is working for other games doesn't mean it also working correctly in dying light.

Ive said this before and ill say it again. VAC bans occur on a cycle. They pool all the known hackers, and then ban them all at once after a period of time (weekly, fortnightly, monthly - its different for some games). This way, the hackers DONT KNOW what hack was caught and is detectable. This ensures that people who think a hack is undetectable and can keep harassing the community are dealt with... eventually. This stalls and prevents those that develop the hacks and share them with the community wont know what to patch etc so it becomes undetectable. In the short term, it sucks, yes. But its worked for over a decade. Thats why so many games use VAC. 

It is normal, to use GP you must hold the attack button. When no action is done while you hold the button: a claw attack before ground pound, this is normal.

However, if you hold the key during an action, that takes over the attack of the claw (Pounce, tackle etc ...), the thing is still taken into account.

To trigger a ground pound, we must maintain the key, that's all. The description doesn't say "After a claw attack, hold the attack button to perform a ground pound"

So no, that's not a glitch

I could be wrong, but where does it say that? Cuz it was making me thinking if it was intended or a glitch as it doesnt say anything about whats stated above in any description.. Edited by Sniper BLM

Pete said before the following that ground pound can be charged early during animations after update. The topic about "the following" changes is too big for me to search exact post though.

Yep, this was designed to prevent Drop Kick chains. Get DK'd, hit the ground, and when you get up you're already charging your GP. Otherwise infinite chains would've been even easier than they were pre-patch!

I was under the impression you could always hold the claw button to charge a ground pound. I've always done this since the beginning of the game. When you charge after a recovery state you're just bypassing the claw altogether, your inputs still register.

I´m not entierly certain if this qualifys as a bug or not, but should the nighthunters sensitivity realy affect the movement post tendrill to run that much? I know it´s a strategy used by quite a few NH´s (At least the others i met) to just crank up your sensitivity so you can actualy steer your camera better during the accelerated run, however this leads to hunters doing a 180 on the spot and using this to land an undodgable tackle (unless you predict the hunter going for this in which case you have to turn around before he gets behind you which again leaves you open if you happen to be alone).

My question is if this is actualy intented, as normaly with a sensitivity bellow a certain threshold steering whilst running post tendril locomotion is rather slow, as in, it is hard to run around a corner, however with a cranked up sensitivity the hunter can practicly turn on a dime as soon as he starts running post tendrill locomotion.

I´m not certain if i managed to express what exactly i mean properly, essentialy should a high look sensitivity overrule the reduced sensitivity during tendrill run or not, as it seems that it shouldnt be the case as otherwise there wouldnt be this slow down of the camera during tendrill run.

I´m not entierly certain if this qualifys as a bug or not, but should the nighthunters sensitivity realy affect the movement post tendrill to run that much? I know it´s a strategy used by quite a few NH´s (At least the others i met) to just crank up your sensitivity so you can actualy steer your camera better during the accelerated run, however this leads to hunters doing a 180 on the spot and using this to land an undodgable tackle (unless you predict the hunter going for this in which case you have to turn around before he gets behind you which again leaves you open if you happen to be alone).

My question is if this is actualy intented, as normaly with a sensitivity bellow a certain threshold steering whilst running post tendril locomotion is rather slow, as in, it is hard to run around a corner, however with a cranked up sensitivity the hunter can practicly turn on a dime as soon as he starts running post tendrill locomotion.

I´m not certain if i managed to express what exactly i mean properly, essentialy should a high look sensitivity overrule the reduced sensitivity during tendrill run or not, as it seems that it shouldnt be the case as otherwise there wouldnt be this slow down of the camera during tendrill run.

As a Night Hunter who employs this, I wouldn't say it's "unintended" so much as it's unexpected, as the high sensitivity affects various other points in the match differently. It's in the same vein of pushing sensitivity higher in a CoD game to spin on people behind you faster.

Honestly, it wouldn't be the end of the world if the sensitivity slider was nerfed to prevent this. If that's something Tech decides to do, anyway.

Keep in mind it's not as easy as some videos make it look. I've got my sensitivity cranked up to a little below Max, and while I can get a nifty Tackle off when I need to, the rest of my game is my camera flinging around like a dead cat on a stick. Sometimes you get the 180 off and a sweet kill is the reward, as well as a nice video to show it off. The other 50% of the time you're running around like a chicken with its head cut off trying to avoid UV Lights and figure out where people are. :wacko:

Edit: Spellingz.

Edited by DoctorPurrington

Bombers are now spawning right next to me and blowing up WTF??? Also I am guessing we have a new pounce exploit doesn't matter if survivor has a flare or shinning them with uv all they do is uv block and it's a pounce every time it's annoying and needs to be fixed