I'm still getting killed while in pounce animation.  I thought that was supposed to go away or be reduced?  Literally, full health, pounce, die.

I've had the same happen a few times. Seems to only occur when one player has a 1H weapon and the other has a 2H weapon (aka different damage sources). On the other hand in the last game where this happened I managed to pounce someone hopping the fence to a safe zone (didn't see the light until mid pounce).  I killed him and didn't die from the restricted area and bounced out with less than 10 health left.

It's probably because of the aim assisst for melee weapons. On one way or another, it must add a ghost reach when it follows the hunter.
I jump over the human when I take his second hit and I die in the air (at maximum height of my jump) because his third hit touched me, for some reason.

I agree with the fact that fail a ground pound, is an error that causes the death of the hunter. I have no problem with that. The hunter dies before the end of the "stun", logic. However, the survivor who performs TWO dodges backward and then can kill the hunter who had jumped (putting logically out of reach of his assailant), I have trouble with that.

What I want to highlight here is: the "no risk dodge-spam"

the survivor also made a mistake: He dodge twice. With a ground-pound, there 's only two possibilities: either you dodge properly with a single dodge and you have a chance to kill the hunter or the gp touches you. This additional dodge should not allow him to kill the NH. What I mean is that survivors can dodges without thinking and that work in 97% of cases. There the hunter should get out, he was wounded (30 hp) and will have to recover from failure. Instead of being killed in the air and out of reach.

Some games I get hit by melee weapons when I'm not even remotely close and it is like the survivors have some sort of ghost reach. Sometimes jumping and swinging does nothing to evade the attacks of players and it is quite ridiculous.

When you look at all the mechanics involved I still feel missing the player but hitting a flare shouldn't count as a miss. You lose stamina for being in the light so you can't pounce immediately. The player can throw an unlimited number of flares; let me highlight this point and mention that some players throw 50 or more flares and this doesn't exactly seem fair (especially vs 2 people who throw over 100 total flares). If you have 1 UV spit available you might use that to counter the first, so he just throws another flare (after tapping you briefly with the light). If you throw flares properly you can dodge from one to the other and be 100% safe. This creates a scenario where his flares come back WAY faster than your UV spits. And he can trigger you to miss by dodging back into the other flare. The game becomes a guaranteed defeat if you have exactly 2 players chain spamming flares like this . Why is there not a TEAM flare cooldown; let everyone have a personal flare and have there be a second flare timer that can be used by anyone on the team after they use their primary flare.

As for dodge I still say pvp mode should suspend unlimited stamina and change dodge to use up exactly 33% stamina for a survivor. This would mean you can dodge three times but then you would probably die. Ground pound has a penalty when you spam it. Why is dodge free?

In so many ways dodge spam+flare spam really feels like an exploit. I'd really like to see a "shared team flare" cooldown  OR a hard limit that lets players use 20-30 flares and then makes them go look for more in the map if they want to use more past that limit.

I hate to keep jabbing this subject, but I can't stress this enough. This whole handicapping feature is completely destroying my experience with this game. Dying Light is my favorite game and the pvp is so fresh and original. I loved it for the last year. Now I feel the game is finally fixed and balanced, except you guys neglect the game-breaking exploits, and add this new handicapping feature. Pvp is hardly fun anymore because of this :( please fix the exploits and remove this handicapping feature and I will love this pvp once again.

Officially never playing Pvp until this gets fixed. There's no way, these bugs/exploits are by accident. If you played the game when it first came out then you remember you could one shot nest right? We it's back. Everyone uses guns and can 3 hit a hunter with a semi-shotty. I spawned in a safe one 2 times in a row and they ran and 1 shot 2 of my nest.

There's no way these bugs are by accident. Your ok in a 1v1 and somewhat a 2v1.3s and 4s are impossible unless your allow them to kill you until you hit the last 2 nest. Even them they handicap you.

People are bringing the guns back to slums/old Town and even the bow 1 shots nest to the head. Pvp sucks. If your a hunter going up against LV 250s with guns be prepared to get nerfed hard. Less energy, speed, spits.

Even with the new speed upgrade survivor sense negates this more than I expected before. Anyone who thinks this mode takes skill now is a fool. First game I've ever played were the devs thought it was smart to create a "Welfare System" other than destiny. Be prepared to expirence unnecessary stress "being the zombie. "

This game is tuning into "Exactly" what "Evolve" turned out to be.

Dying light Pvp= "Welfare System"

Your a night hunter going 5-0?on the first nest? Your getting nerfed. No more spits for 2 minutes. In the meantime all of your nest are 1 hit. You still get one hit during all animations.

Officially quiting as a hunter. The next update won't be for months. Pathetic.

P.S=I have 3 hunters 2/3 are apexs so I'm no kid venting on the forums after playing after a few hours like that one guy. This games Pvp is a joke.

Edited by Hertz

Hi,

Is anyone else having problem joining a game, I tried last night and I must have been waiting a good 20 minutes on 2 separate occasions and it kept saying no match found, didn't know if this was a recurring thing or if its just where I am

Hi,

Is anyone else having problem joining a game, I tried last night and I must have been waiting a good 20 minutes on 2 separate occasions and it kept saying no match found, didn't know if this was a recurring thing or if its just where I am

We adjusted the pools to help spread the players out a bit more now.  Hopefully this helps!  Let me know if it gets any better!

On nightmare pvp the nest can be one shotted with crossbow,pistol,shotgun but it has to be a headshot

I was hoping we could push out a fix for this but it looks like we will have to wait for a patch.  One is on its way! 

Also,  the rubberbanding is dynamically updated so there is no benefit to fall behind in a match to get the perks.  It makes no sense as they will disappear as you pull even. You gain nothing.  That being said, I agree they may be a bit too aggressive.  We will be reducing the amount and how far ahead/behind you need to be for them to kick in.  

As for the missed pounce animation, you still take damage.  It's just scaled back 50%

What about the buggy flip?  If there's not anything to get in the way it seems to always land on its wheels.  I finally was able to land a GP on a buggy at full speed, it just did a barrel roll and kept going.  He then beat me to the nest.  Being able to flip it on its top to slow down the humans from getting to the nests would be a good thing, I'd think.  Allow the NH to pick his battle ground.

Is it taking any damage?  It'd be nice to be able to do damage to the buggy so it's less in play during the match.  Flatten the tires, rip off the UV lights, etc.  Make the humans fight the NH right then and there.  If either gets killed then the human can repair the buggy and continue.

Yes, I GP the buggy to get it away from the nests so they can't use it as a portable safehouse.  

"Also, the rubberbanding is dynamically updated so there is no benefit to fall behind in a match to get the perks. It makes no sense as they will disappear as you pull even. You gain nothing. That being said, I agree they may be a bit too aggressive. We will be reducing the amount and how far ahead/behind you need to be for them to kick in."

Pete I appreciate this, but the best way to sway the match of one is falling too far behind is to adjust the circumstances, not the players themselves. If you buff one player, that not only takes the fun away, but it prevents players from getting better as they'll be used to getting buffs when they're losing.

For pvp, it would be intuitive not to buff players, but to adjust the circumstances. Say if the Hunter is falling behind, make the nests more difficult. I.e more brood, more goons, zombie defenders, etc. if the human is falling behind, keep the nests more basic, and the next one closer maybe.

But the handicap system in place right now is just broke and honestly no fun. Buffing the player per se is not the right way to balance a game.

I've loved this pvp mode since the release of this game. This particular system you guys implemented actually ruined my experience. You guys made great adjustments to the base, but made a mistake with the handicap system.

It's not just me. Several people I've played against say this game is broken now. And the people I play with all the time have stopped playing this game because of this.

Please remove this system and patch all exploits and the game will be closer to balanced than it's ever been, along with the best Dying Light pvp experience yet!

Edited by jonnyallen3

"Also, the rubberbanding is dynamically updated so there is no benefit to fall behind in a match to get the perks. It makes no sense as they will disappear as you pull even. You gain nothing. That being said, I agree they may be a bit too aggressive. We will be reducing the amount and how far ahead/behind you need to be for them to kick in."

Pete I appreciate this, but the best way to sway the match of one is falling too far behind is to adjust the circumstances, not the players themselves. If you buff one player, that not only takes the fun away, but it prevents players from getting better as they'll be used to getting buffs when they're losing.

For pvp, it would be intuitive not to buff players, but to adjust the circumstances. Say if the Hunter is falling behind, make the nests more difficult. I.e more brood, more goons, zombie defenders, etc. if the human is falling behind, keep the nests more basic, and the next one closer maybe.

But the handicap system in place right now is just broke and honestly no fun. Buffing the player per se is not the right way to balance a game.

I've loved this pvp mode since the release of this game. This particular system you guys implemented actually ruined my experience. You guys made great adjustments to the base, but made a mistake with the handicap system.

It's not just me. Several people I've played against say this game is broken now. And the people I play with all the time have stopped playing this game because of this.

Please remove this system and patch all exploits and the game will be closer to balanced than it's ever been, along with the best Dying Light pvp experience yet!

I like the new re-balance idea for the nests!

I think those are great ideas too!   That's why all of these re-balance ideas for the nests actually exist in-game right now! ;)

And we are looking at adjusting the rubberbanding.  We may be able to push something out very soon to make it less aggressive.  We are also looking at a more comprehensive re-tuning of the system for the next patch.

I think those are great ideas too! That's why all of these re-balance ideas for the nests actually exist in-game right now! ;)

And we are looking at adjusting the rubberbanding. We may be able to push something out very soon to make it less aggressive. We are also looking at a more comprehensive re-tuning of the system for the next patch.

This may very well enhance the experience. Less aggressive sounds better. And I see what you guys are trying to do with this system.

Although I just wish this whole "rubberbanding" system would just die out completely. Honestly I would be happy with even more complicated nests in exchange for that. Hell if a survivor reaches the last nest with all lives intact, it would be interesting to see a demolisher guarding the last nest!

I'll be waiting for the patch and seeing how much it improves the experience.

I think those are great ideas too!   That's why all of these re-balance ideas for the nests actually exist in-game right now! ;)

And we are looking at adjusting the rubberbanding.  We may be able to push something out very soon to make it less aggressive.  We are also looking at a more comprehensive re-tuning of the system for the next patch.

Thanks. It's good that we live at a times where we can provide feedback and help tune the gameplay. Except for some wtf moments regarding dying while few meters aways from survivor, i think that hunter tweaks are plausible at minimum, it takes a while to utilize tendrill2run ability (what if this ability would be available to 3rd mutation only as a skill? [some motivation to go through all mutations]). Rubberbanding isn't bad, but i agree that it could be tweaked down at half and move that other half to make a gameplay for human harder/easier (but not that much).

Everytime I go to spit (while) on the ground as the hunter since I upgraded the spit tree to the snipe level I can no longer run jump hack/pound or spit while on the ground... I can only use tendrils and sometimes (if timed right) spit

This is extremely obnoxious as it means I will have to avoid using spit skills completely unless I want to be basically stuck on the ground.

Also could you PLEASE make the tutorial mode optional and not auto start...

and its annoying that the pop up always comes up after a game... matchmaking is right there i dont need help to find it :P

about to mutate and see if the problem is still happening after resetting skills

Edited by mudd

Found a bug? in one of the giant sheds on new countryside map, fell in as hunter by accident and couldn't get out.

Located here across from the reservoir:

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/548681523271170785/FC4649C76FA2A9A536476C534E760B323B368554/

Seems to be quest related tho i haven't finished all missions as human yet, let me know if this is intended in btz and ill remove.

Edited by smc

New bug found.  Well, I'm guessing it is as I haven't seen another NH driving a buggy lately!  I will edit and post the youtube when I get it uploaded to show how, but in essence I was able to grapple low to the ground through a human spawn point and the spawn dune buggy button popped up.  For S&G I held square (PS4) and it put me in a buggy.  My L2 and R2 buttons worked but was unable to fully function if it had duel purpose for the NH.  Tested it a few times and still was able to, luckily survivors helped out with this to give you a glimpse of the bug.

I sort of like this one though, just saying :P

12783576_10153857706774070_7448573892428

Edited by ksufoley

yeah, waiting for the upload, sadly I wasn't paying attention to recording and only got the driving bit after I had gotten into the car.  Gonna try to duplicate the bug to show the rest so they know what's going on.

We're you able to run over the Humans and do damage while in the buggy?

And the reason the camera is like that is because when the Night Hunter has grabbed a buggy he struggles to stay on when at high speeds.

Unfortunately they didn't take damage when I did hit them, but as I grappled through one of their spawn points the "spawn buggy" showed up and I was able to spawn into the buggy.  I think I basically just jacked their buggy spawn since they left on foot.  Fortunately, it was just a friendly game so they killed me so that I could attempt a few times and it worked as long as I did everything right again.  Wish I was streaming so I could go back further than the video showed but hopefully tomorrow I can accomplish that again and have a bit more fun!

1. unwinnable match bug in countryside

Dying_Light_20160219211738.png

you can not open the train which makes killing the nest impossible which means you cannot win the match

2. my whole online rank (ultimate survivor) got resetted (to prey) after the patch when i changed my difficulty from nightmare to hard to test the new toys (twilight phantom, the button and so on). thx for that, now i have to win hundreds if not thousands games again. you suck techland seriously !

btw you can still kill those nest by shooting through the door hole

but it will be fixed in next update, hopefully soon they released it

anyway here is a bug that i notice

1. Buggy sometime losses all his part and equipment while playing in btz,

2. Flare sometime not working when there are 2 or more player (it disappear in a second after being thrown)

3. not a btz related but You will spawned to the cave that you first started the following when the matchmaking ended or get kicked by the host

4. bomber sometime doesn't spawn, or have delayed spawn or sometime it after the survivor in a long time

5. can't back to tutorial after match as hunter, "Hunter is alone dialog", important for purchasing skill and test it out after leveling up in the match

1. unwinnable match bug in countryside

Dying_Light_20160219211738.png

you can not open the train which makes killing the nest impossible which means you cannot win the match

2. my whole online rank (ultimate survivor) got resetted (to prey) after the patch when i changed my difficulty from nightmare to hard to test the new toys (twilight phantom, the button and so on). thx for that, now i have to win hundreds if not thousands games again. you suck techland seriously !

yeah, waiting for the upload, sadly I wasn't paying attention to recording and only got the driving bit after I had gotten into the car.  Gonna try to duplicate the bug to show the rest so they know what's going on.

LMAO this is the funniest sh*t i've seen today! F*ck tendril, the buggy is much better (said the NH) LOLOL XD

Found a bug? in one of the giant sheds on new countryside map, fell in as hunter by accident and couldn't get out.

Located here across from the reservoir:

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/548681523271170785/FC4649C76FA2A9A536476C534E760B323B368554/

Seems to be quest related tho i haven't finished all missions as human yet, let me know if this is intended in btz and ill remove.

Thanks.  We are aware of this one and have a fix for it.  For now I'd just avoid going in that area for any reason.