It took me awhile to realize this, but I think one reason why the zombie feels so weak is because of how floaty he is. Take this for example, humans fall rather quickly and gain speed the further they fall, while the Hunter gently falls like a leaf. Also, when using your tendril and landing at an angle, you will get the occasional "bounce" when you hit the ground, leaving you vulnerable as you cannot jump or sprint during this time (usually lasts about 1 second which is a lot of time to be idle). This causes a lot of missed opportunities to tackle, GP, or even pounce sometimes. 

So in combination with the floatyness and the relatively squishy skin of the Hunter, it leaves a very glass-cannon esque feel to the overall gameplay, except it's more like a glass-slingshot. Can you add some weight to the Hunter in the next patch?

It took me awhile to realize this, but I think one reason why the zombie feels so weak is because of how floaty he is. Take this for example, humans fall rather quickly and gain speed the further they fall, while the Hunter gently falls like a leaf. Also, when using your tendril and landing at an angle, you will get the occasional "bounce" when you hit the ground, leaving you vulnerable as you cannot jump or sprint during this time (usually lasts about 1 second which is a lot of time to be idle). This causes a lot of missed opportunities to tackle, GP, or even pounce sometimes. 

So in combination with the floatyness and the relatively squishy skin of the Hunter, it leaves a very glass-cannon esque feel to the overall gameplay, except it's more like a glass-slingshot. Can you add some weight to the Hunter in the next patch?

There are some changes to the Hunters tendril locomotion and it will be possible to retain a bit more of your velocity when you release.  Also, you can directly transition into a full sprint (even faster than a full sprint actually)from tendril locomotion when the patch comes out. 

And you are right though, the Hunter was designed to be a 'glass cannon' ;)

Not entirely sure if it qualifies for this exact topic but I've played against a few kids who like to hang out in the glitch spot at the tower.

You climb a cabinet in there and you climb into the ceiling and they can shoot/swing their weapons but you cant hurt them. I could make a video if necessary but I think its a well known bug at this point.

Edited by Insurrection211

Also, it seems broken that a survivor can dodge a tackle midair... For example, if I gp someone off of a building, they are flying backwards, I go for the tackle and they dodge... At least change the animation, it shows them jumping over my head. A spinny move of some sort would be sufficient.

Survivors can evade a tackle if they are using grapple hook right now.... They won't be able to post patch though.

Would it be possible for sense suppressor to influence the sound? For e.g. flatten the surround (or even make it like underwater effect), so the human can't tell where is the source of the sound, my friend can tell where i am by simply listening to the sound, he rarely even look at the map, sense suppressor is useless aginst him.

The way to avoid the DFA is to be aware of the Humans positions and not put yourself in that situation!  Always try to keep the high ground!  If you are below a Survivor, try to get out of there ASAP.

As for Humans climbing lamps, I use tendrils to fling myself past them and give them a swipe as I go by.  This will knock them off.  Try it out! The other thing to do here is stick them with a spit as they are a sitting duck in this situation!

Well, it's not like i have a choice anyway, but failed pounce and tackle often made you to fall from roofs and you can even be dropkicked, thats easy invitation to DFA.

Knocking humans is good idea unless they aren't waiting there to slash me when i approach, it's kind of jeopardy.

I'm waiting for the incoming changes, maybe the high level fight will be more dynamic for both sides without strange restrictions.

Btw. Can you tell me if te graphics style visible on this picture: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=607847211  is something incorporated into a game or maybe a glitch (DL was glitching a bit back then), because i never saw similar effect again during rain and i  think it's really cool.

Edited by sanjyuubi

As for Humans climbing lamps, I use tendrils to fling myself past them and give them a swipe as I go by.  This will knock them off.  Try it out! The other thing to do here is stick them with a spit as they are a sitting duck in this situation!

Have you guys thought about tackling while transitioning from a tendril?  Tendril towards a human and then tackle from the air.

I never knew about swiping at them, but humans standing on the tall walls on the bridge in the slums and on lamps are frustrating.

Have you guys thought about tackling while transitioning from a tendril?  Tendril towards a human and then tackle from the air.

I never knew about swiping at them, but humans standing on the tall walls on the bridge in the slums and on lamps are frustrating.

I like the Tackle idea!

For your second point, I think part of the problem is how long the Shield glitch has been a part of this game, since the obvious "just stick them" hasn't been an option. That exploit has been unnecessarily altering the way Hunters have to play for way too long. Standing on top of a high point and not pursuing the nest is actually a really stupid thing for Humans to do when they can't cheat out of a stuck UV Spit - they're sitting ducks.

Once that's patched out, you'll see a lot less Humans on lamp posts. There's very little advantage to it without the non-ability to negate Spits. Nothing will stop the Hunter from approaching from a distance of his choosing and having ample time to aim a Spit and snipe them. You can hit them with a UV Spit and rush in for a Pounce (while still having your UV Block in case you need to GP a Flare), or hit them with a Horde Spit and melee them off the ledge. Or mess with them ith a Toxic Spit - there will be plenty of options post-patch.

Survivors can evade a tackle if they are using grapple hook right now.... They won't be able to post patch though.

Oh thank goodness! I thought I was lagging every time I timed Tackle to the Human's Grappling Hook, right before they hit the roof, and they magically dodged it. Glad to hear that's going away, really bugged me when they weren't even climbing up yet and still "hopped" over the Tackle.

After the patch if you hold tendrils all the way to the ground with the sprint input you will transition directly into sprint.  You can also hold B (tackle input) to go directly from the sprint into a tackle when it's available.  

With these changes you can grapple to the lamp and tackle as soon as you touch down. You need to make that momently contact with the ground but this manoeuvre is very doable...just takes some skill and practice!  :)

With these changes you can grapple to the lamp and tackle as soon as you touch down. You need to make that momently contact with the ground but this manoeuvre is very doable...just takes some skill and practice!   :)

Great tips Pete!

A question from me- With the current tendril movement it's hard to even land properly on the spot u wanted especially on a rooftop. U will miss the spot most of the times unless u stop tendriling mid air and use the momentum to land. But this makes the hunter so predictable and open to attacks. So will the new patch fix this? 

Being 'floaty' (as mentioned by levitater) is fine with me (to some degree) but to not be able to land accurately on the spot u wanted could deny you your kills or maybe cost you your life.

Edited by EnlightenMe

Great tips Pete!

A question from me- With the current tendril movement it's hard to even land properly on the spot u wanted especially on a rooftop. U will miss the spot most of the times unless u stop tendriling mid air and use the momentum to land. But this makes the hunter so predictable and open to attacks. So will the new patch fix this? 

Being 'floaty' (as mentioned by levitater) is fine with me (to some degree) but to not be able to land accurately on the spot u wanted could deny you your kills or maybe cost you your life.

I'm not clear what the issue is that you are describing...If you keep holding the tendril button all the way you will land on the exact spot it attaches.  If you let go early then yes, you have limited air control to try and land on the desired location.  Post patch you will be able to retain a bit more of your forward velocity when you hold the stick forwards after letting go. 

I'm not clear what the issue is that you are describing...If you keep holding the tendril button all the way you will land on the exact spot it attaches.  If you let go early then yes, you have limited air control to try and land on the desired location.  Post patch you will be able to retain a bit more of your forward velocity when you hold the stick forwards after letting go. 

maybe i've been doing it the wrong way lol..

Another question, why there is no dodging skills for the hunter in the latest following video? are we suppose to jump over the buggy but can't move sideways to avoid being hit?  

Cool so the humans get another tactical resource, the buggies, I'm okay with that. But now the dynamics have changed, and thus so should the NH. If not then I'm gonna bail on being a NH. Buggies look like fun! But maybe humans are more vulnerable while driving? I rate Night Hunters will become a Dying breed eventually. Especially those who play BTZ exclu

Exclusively. Please can we hear some new abilities for the NH as right now I'm kinda sceptical, the fact is vehicles are new and thus may give the human an upper hand. The only hint of a new ability is jumping on a wall which seems to answer the question of How does a NH catch up to humans travelling twice as fast??

But the main concern for all those who posted on this forum, should now be focused on the new possible ways humans will be able to exploit the game using a vehicle.

It can already be set to be non-toggleable. Check you key bindings and you'll see the option to set it on or off.

It doesn't work as i expected, because now i have to hold shift to run, i rather expected something as toggling running on but not toggling off (in some tense situations you may got confused and hit shift  when you think the hunter is not running and stop running).

It doesn't work as i expected, because now i have to hold shift to run, i rather expected something as toggling running on but not toggling off (in some tense situations you may got confused and hit shift  when you think the hunter is not running and stop running).

I'd like to be able to run when I press W and only walk when I hold shift.  Yes, the exact opposite of the way it is now.

My god, thank you so much for mentioning this. I was so annoyed earlier because every other match I would join would always have a group of survivors in a single building where the only entrances are blocked by those survival packages. Mostly, they do it in the building where you have to turn on the power in the "First Assignment" mission and you encounter your first Goon,I think,it seems near where the Hunter spawns in the Slums. They absolutely refused to leave and wouldn't play the actual game. I'm glad others have taken notice to it and this forum exists! People become so intent on "trolling" the Night Hunter nowadays that it's difficult to find a match where people actually wanna have a good, honest round against a Night Hunter.

Hey guys, encountered something a bit strange today - a Human I was playing against was able to Disconnect without ending the game. His body stayed still and couldn't be affected by Spits, Tackle, or Pounce, but he could be stuck with a Spit and Ground-Pounded. After GP'ing a few times, he "died," which just put his body into Revive position with no actual way to kill him or end the match.

I've got a video and I'll upload soon. Just a heads up on a possible new glitch. <_<