Sign in to follow this  
sentinel_deco

How Hard Will The New Nightmore Mode Be...

I imagine not hard at all for the survivor side. Night hunters I imagine will have plenty of trouble with the open spaces and keeping up with the new dune buggy. I expect some kind of mobility upgrade for the hunter so he has better options poon this new terrain.

If there isn't a fix for the GP and other issues, then there's not much of a BtZ mode.  The GP is supposed to be an escape for the NH when stamina is depleted, but for me it doesn't go off half the time and the charge up is costs time that gives the survivor another swing (and a kill) so it's pretty useless in CQC.  The one thorn that would fix nearly everything in BtZ mode is get rid of the near paralyzing when UV stamina is depleted.  Once UV stamina is depleted in a CQC, against decent players, it's a loss of a nest because unless you're lucky enough to get away, you're dead.

All of these pretty strategy videos on how to win as a NH is useless against a team with one team member who stays away from the melee to UV the NH and uses the shield exploit to protect himself from all ranged attacks.  When you have two doing that, you might might as well forfeit as I've not made the first dent in that tactic.  Oh, I can push them around with a toxic spit, but they just move to another vantage point.

Most losses, for me, come from the Slums where there is limited structures to block UV.  I can't imagine the new map having anything that works as well to block UV as Old Town.  Just nerfing the UV light is not going to cut it and most human players will rebel.  You will need to buff the NH's CQC skillset.

One way to handle everything I've outlined without completely making the NH OP is tie the amount of damage given to the strength of the UV stamina and completely removing the run/tendril/jump nerf.  This would still push the NH back and protect the survivor while the stamina is depleted while still allow survivors an opportunity to risk an attack.  Right now, it is trivial to kill a NH in that scenario.

I look forward to the new release, not for the BtZ mode, but the new campaign.  Color me skeptical for anticipating anything worthwhile for the btZ mode, though.

Oh, and if there's a new items on the skill tree and I have to go through more mutations or even levels I will be so mad it's not even funny.  I have to wade through 100,000 xp right now for each level and multiply that by 2, 3 or 4 for each skill point...

Edited by SomeOldDude

Nightmare mode brings stamina back even if you have maxed the skill trees, and on top of that you will lose all your progression to the next level when you die. For more info see this interview:  https://youtu.be/Iec3E5yJX7A?t=8m54s
The link starts on 8:54, that is when he talks about the new difficulty level. Also you could watch the whole interview, lots of information!

Nightmare mode brings stamina back even if you have maxed the skill trees, and on top of that you will lose all your progression to the next level when you die. For more info see this interview:  https://youtu.be/Iec3E5yJX7A?t=8m54s

The link starts on 8:54, that is when he talks about the new difficulty level. Also you could watch the whole interview, lots of information!

I dont like that TL decided to take this acquired skill away (max stamina) for a Nightmare mode. There are other ways in which to make the game challenging than to take away acquired skills. They could start by limiting the amount of inventory you can bring into or have the mode. This isnt the greatest suggestion but I think it's a far better suggestion than taking away acquired skills for the sake of creating a nightmare mode

I dont like that TL decided to take this acquired skill away (max stamina) for a Nightmare mode....

I guess too many survivors complaining that the game is too easy for them. It's a great news to me, if u don't want to lose it u can always play the normal or hard mode, simple as that. Plus, it's not like the survivors have to run all over the map, they have the buggies for that... buggy = no stamina required, so use it.

The best part is, there is a possibility that once the survivors are accustomed to this limitation, it can be implemented in the pvp/ btz! :P   

I guess too many survivors complaining that the game is too easy for them. It's a great news to me, if u don't want to lose it u can always play the normal or hard mode, simple as that. Plus, it's not like the survivors have to run all over the map, they have the buggies for that... buggy = no stamina required, so use it.

The best part is, there is a possibility that once the survivors are accustomed to this limitation, it can be implemented in the pvp/ btz! :P   

Just dont play the new mode.. well I guess after making such a stupid move on removing acquired skills. There are a million other ways to make an insanely difficult mode without removing acquired skills, which is the point of earning them. Maybe consider removing many items in glitched inventories which, in many cases, werent earned, maybe TL should begin there, as an attempt at a more insane mode.

While TL's at the chopping block, they should remove PS trophies one earned on Normal just to make the player work harder on a new harder mode to earn them back.. call it Nightmare mode-- while they're busy removing milestones players earned....

who cares, just dont play the new mode, amirite?

Just dont play the new mode..

Yup if one doesn't like it, he/ she isn't forced to do so..

well I guess after making such a stupid move on removing acquired skills. 

I don't think it's permanent. Like the current one, u can always change back to the normal mode once u have unlock everything.

Maybe consider removing many items in glitched inventories which, in many cases, werent earned, maybe TL should begin there, as an attempt at a more insane mode.

Too many items being dupe by the players. Don't think they have the times to go through all the players inventories and removing duped items. One way they deal with dupe items is to limit their usage in the game which is fine with me. 

While TL's at the chopping block, they should remove PS trophies one earned on Normal just to make the player work harder on a new harder mode to earn them back.. call it Nightmare mode-- while they're busy removing milestones players earned....

i don't see your point here. The players already earned the trophy, why should it be removed? It's always optional, if u don't want it u don't need to go through it. Plus, not all players care about trophies. They just want the game to be more challenging and guess what, the nightmare mode is for them. 

who cares, just dont play the new mode, amirite?

Yup, we are not forced to play it if we don't want to (but i'll still play it though, cause i like new challenges  ;) )

Yup if one doesn't like it, he/ she isn't forced to do so..

I don't think it's permanent. Like the current one, u can always change back to the normal mode once u have unlock everything.

Too many items being dupe by the players. Don't think they have the times to go through all the players inventories and removing duped items. One way they deal with dupe items is to limit their usage in the game which is fine with me. 

i don't see your point here. The players already earned the trophy, why should it be removed? It's always optional, if u don't want it u don't need to go through it. Plus, not all players care about trophies. They just want the game to be more challenging and guess what, the nightmare mode is for them. 

Yup, we are not forced to play it if we don't want to (but i'll still play it though, cause i like new challenges  ;) )

Thats the point of suggesting that TL limit the inventory (or anything else) before sacrificing players' acquired skills as an attempt to create a Nightmare Mode. It is more challenging to get that max stamina skill than to dupe your inventory. It would make sense to axe the inventory (or anything else).

Thanks for your conceding consideration... "just dont play the mode at all -_- , Techland, they always know whats best :rolleyes: "